main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    DarthWilliams I highly recommend watching the micro series!! It is true that it doesn't really work with the films in terms everyone's power levels as Darth Valkyrus said but it also has some great series moments like Anakin being promoted to Jedi Knight, having a pretty crazy Force-vision (though not TCW level crazy Force-vision), and setting up Grievous capturing Palpatine for the beginning of Ep. III. Also if you like battles you will not be disappointed. Most of all, it is simply tons of fun.

2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Thanks for the advice, guys!:)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    107 - Duel of the Droids
    OK fine, this more than makes up for the previous episode. The animation as Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, et al skydove was breathtaking. I love Ahsoka more and more as she matures with each episode - taking on Grievous alone is nothing to shake a stick at, and her poise when she rejoined Anakin and the Clones was excellent. And come on, what Star Wars fan wouldn't feel a pang of pride seeing Artoo battle the traitor droid while ensuring the mission's success? A+

cwustudent likes this.
  4. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    I just finished watching the Deception arc, and the more I see how good Obi-Wan is with a blaster, the less I find his apparent dislike of them convincing.

5. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    OK this one's bugging me a bit - why do the clones always say "Yes, sir" when responding to Ahsoka instead of "Yes, ma'am?"

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Military nomenclature is gender neutral and locked to the masculine tense due to tradition. This holds true in some real life militaries also. In the US military it may vary by service.

Females in the US navy are also referred to as crewmen, midshipmen etc.

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The etymology of certain gender-specific words is fairly well documented:

Crewman and other such terms may be derived from the gender-neutral Old Enlgish mann.

I recall that S6 had the first instance of a clone addressing a Jedi superior by the honorific "ma'am". IIRC, it was Shaak Ti.

8. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    From the ToR Encyclopedia, it's an old tradition of the Republic armed forces to refer to commanders as "sir" regardless of gender or species, to promote unity.

9. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Totally makes sense, thanks!

108 - Bombad Jedi
    No comment.

109 - Cloak of Darkness
    Luminara! [face_love] Really liked this one, though I do hope the series starts to tone down on the "traitor among us" stories. I get that the war itself was a really dark time and that there actually were a lot of traitors and it posed a big problem to the Republic, but it loses its value as a plot device if it becomes overused. That aside, though, this episode was great.

110 - Lair of Grievous
    I felt pretty meh about this one. I've never really liked Grievous as a character all that much. The whole lair with pet roggwart felt a little too Lord-of-the-Rings-y to me. Nahdar Vebb also came of as kind of obnoxious/annoying. But that might just be me!

111 - Dooku Captured
    This one was pretty good. The whole Outer-Rim pirates with no loyalty to either the Republic or the Separatists gives us a bit of sense as to the enormous scope of the galaxy - entire planets of people who are disengaged from the conflict. Although I felt kind of put off by Anakin and Obi-Wan realizing the drinks they had been given were poisoned and just casually watching the two Weequays who got their drinks die. Shouldn't they, like, confront Hondo Ohnaka now? Maybe they will in the next episode, it just seemed strange for them to continue just hanging out at the bar knowing that.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_rofl] Perfect review for that episode. [face_rofl]

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I actually liked Bombad Jedi but I did LOL at that review.

I loved Cloak of Darkness. I put Ventress calling Ahsoka "Skywalker's filthy obnoxious little pet" on repeat when I'm in a bad mood.

I enjoyed Dooku Captured as well but I think we're in the minority.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Make me a third member of said minority. You can say what you want but that episode introduced us to Hondo; cut it some slack!

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Four.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Fifth.

pronker, Force Smuggler and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's been a while, but I recall enjoying Dooku Captured. I remember not being too enamoured with Hondo off the bat, though; I wasn't really a fan of him until S5.

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    6th.

pronker likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't even care that much about Hondo, I think I just enjoyed seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan in a bar.

Dooku getting captured by pirates is pretty stupid but I was able to overlook that because...Anakin and Obi-Wan in a bar.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  18. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Well now that I know Hondo comes back into the picture later on, I'm excited. [face_mischief]

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    He had to show up again eventually. After all, he still has the Slave 1.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not there yet bro.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I might have to go back and watch Bombad Jedi with lame filter one because I can't remember my old reaction to that episode, same for Dooku captured. Dammit, seems in my old age my mind is starting to go. x.x;

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Dooku Captured is a bizarre episode. The beginning is freaking amazing with Obi-Wan going in a spacesuit in outer space to rescue Anakin and then Anakin fighting Dooku while they fall down his escape shaft. But from there it's pretty steeply downhill in my opinion. The pirates should have had to put much more effort into capturing a Sith Lord. None of the rest of the action is anywhere close to up to par with the excitement of the very beginning.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Well I guess I got some TCW to rewatch with you buddy. I bet your sorry now. =b

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I agree the pirates should've had to fight more to capture Dooku. The rest was good though. And yes, the beginning is awesome; it's one of my favorite Anakin/Obi-Wan interaction episodes.

25. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

Same. I admittedly had to do some rewinding to re-watch a bit of the episode because all of a sudden Dooku's in custody and I thought I missed something.

Revanfan1 likes this.