main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like they crossed The Son with Nosferatu:

[​IMG]

Plus Darth Desolous from TFU:

[​IMG]

It is possible the Paun'an Inquisitor modeled himself on the old Sith Lord of the same species, as a kinda tribute while culling through the Jedi archives. It could still be possible TFU is canon, or used as a source/reference in a quasi-canoncal level where they can one day decide to make it official or parts of it. .

Iron_lord and pronker like this.
  2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Jango_Fett21 the self-contained mythos of the Clone Wars series itself That's the way I feel about it. The introduced characters, such as Cad and Hondo, make it unique, and Ahsoka, of course, make it as Star Wars-y to me as ANH in 1977. There were rollicking episodes, and thoughtful episodes, and heartwarming episodes. Looking forward to more from you!:cool:

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Yes great reviews. I myself have finished watching all the episodes with of course Season 5 wasn't great to me until the emotionally packed Ahsoka series. And then the bonus Season 6 is outstanding. I learn a little bit more after every viewing. I still feel after watching Yoda face his dark self in that the dark side must have a presence in the universe, but be controlled same as the light. This equals that balance. The Lost One with Sifo Dyas in the episode still is my favorite as it gives the details on the creation of the clones. What is hard to believe is that the Jedi find out who Tyrannus is, but are in no position to stop trusting the clones and losing faith from the Senate.

4. KaminoPalomino

KaminoPalomino Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2015
    I feel like I need to re-watch The Lost One now. I've only seen the episode once but I know that there was a lot happening in it (I got quite confused at one point). I do remember being surprised at the end when the Council finds out about Dooku's involvement in creating the clone army but doesn't do anything about it.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I got a bit sidetracked from writing my Season 2 Reviews (for some reason, my thoughts on the season haven't been coming to mind as readily as they did for Season 1)., but intend to get the thing posted at some point within the next couple of days.

pronker likes this.
  6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    At what point will you watch the Clovis arc? I know it's far in the future at the moment, but will you be watching it in it's position in Season 6, or it's true chronological position before Revival?

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    According to the official TCW episode timeline on starwars.com the Clovis arc takes place in Season 6 (but I know it was intended to air as part of season 5). And I think Jango_Fett21 is following that timeline.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That timeline must be wrong. In the Clovis arc Satine is mentioned by Obi-Wan. I believe it's inteded to be present tense, but I could be wrong.

Another detail is the Senate Guards. In the Fugitive arc they were replaced with the Red Guards (ignoring their appearance in AOTC). But in Clovis, only the blue Seante guards are seen.

Plus Tim Curry isn't Palapatine, but thats more of a production detail.

9. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002

I'm definitely following the Star Wars.Com order.

I seriously doubt it's wrong, especially since it was posted after the release of Season 6.

10. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    But it was produced during Season 5, then held back!

Ah well, you do what you want. It's your watch through I guess. :)

11. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    darskpine10 I agree, I think the Clovis arc definitely comes before Revival and that's how I watch it. Also am I the only one that thinks the Utapau arc comes straight after the Ahsoka arc as that is when Anakin explains to Obi-Wan how he feels about it and he is mostly angry throught the first part of the arc and the Order 66 just doesn't fit after as it has no mention of Ahsoka seeing as it just happened?

12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I had a hard time getting into the under water arc. It was cool to see Jar Jar and Ackbar interact, yea those 3 episodes didnt seem like Star Wars. Felt more like Tiger Sharks from the 80s.

whostheBossk and DBPirate like this.
  13. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015

Agreed. I didn't think think they were necessarily bad episodes but they were all kind of boring except for Prisoners.

I'm re-watching all the episodes in the series right now and I'm on Bounty. And yes, I am watching the Clovis arc before Revival.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Glad you're watching the series' best episode.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
    anakinfansince1983 What do you think the worst episode is? (not saying Bounty's the worst; just curious)

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    All three of the Mortis episodes, but Sunny Day in the Void is pretty bad.

CT-867-5309 and jabberwalkie like this.
  17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Speaking of the Droid Arc, what in the world was the point of having holographic Republic officials in the stolen Star Destroyer?

cwustudent likes this.
  18. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
    I
    I've actually only seen Missing in Action but I'm really not looking forward to this arc.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Rookies >>>>>>> everything else

20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Trespass will always be my favourite.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That was another good episode, but TCW often struggled with not-so-subtle villains. If a character (normally male) harshly argues with another character, he's evil. Chi Cho and Krell were effectively the same character in that regard imo.

I once thought that the crybaby clone troopers needed to toughen up and that Krell was proving to be what they needed, but no, Krell was evil...

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If they were *****ing about having to march for a long time, they do need to toughen up.

I like that arc better when I see it as more than just "Krell is bad because he doesn't like clones." Like, viewing Krell as an example of a Jedi traumatized by war.

Or, if he is and always has been evil, there is more to his evil than hating on clones.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    A stern Jedi General who dislikes clones is good enough. He'll be a tough leader, but his whole carnage was just over the top nonsense imo.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    If he really would have been that war-tired and traumatized, he wouldn't consider to become Dookus apprentice. No ... Krell didn't appear to me that traumatized, rather traumatizing. [face_alien]

Valairy Scot likes this.
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    To help sell the deception.