main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Jedi Crash
    7 deaths
    63 total
    A good episode, but it might have been better if Ahsoka or some other non movie character was injured because then it might be more believable that they were in danger
    [​IMG]
    Defenders of Peace
    0 deaths
    63 total

another good episode, but I do have a question for anyone willing to answer. How would the weapon that they show work? would it still detonate in the middle like a bomb, but then somehow maintain a fire across its blast radius or what?

2. bathtub_23

bathtub_23 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2016
    I believe it expands from the blast radius until it dissipates

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Trespass
    24 deaths
    87 total
    A good episode and one that raises an interesting question. Did all Tailz originate from this planet or was this just a colony?

Also this episode contains the most deaths so far
    [​IMG]
    The Hidden Enemy
    11 deaths
    98 total

One of my favorite from season 1 especially because it really started to show clone personalty and I really wonder how Rex thinks about Slick's actions now a days in rebels.

DarthAnakin96 and darskpine10 like this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I asked the same question of the Talz origin in my review. They appear in ANH as well, so it's a question of whether these colonists took a ship to Orto Plutonia, or left after Trespass at some point.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Blue Shadow Virus
    2 deaths
    100 total

A weird episode to say the least especially because of the doctor who is the most stereotypical person to ever appear in SW
    [​IMG]
    Mystery of a thousand moons
    4 deaths
    104 total
    Another weird episode, but not as weird as the first. I do wonder what they all did when they could finally leave the planet?
    [​IMG]
    Storm over Ryloth
    3 deaths
    107 total
    The start to one of the best arcs in the show and some tiny nods to the EU. Whats not to like?

6. bathtub_23

Apr 30, 2016
    I'm surprised only 3 died

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The Ryloth arc was certainly epic. Had a little bit of everything. For Ahsoka fans, "SOR" was really a coming-of-age episode for Ahsoka. She realizes how her decisions can affect the lives of those around her. In, "Innocents of Ryloth", fans of the clones get a human side to them in their interactions with the natives "Nera!". And of course in "Liberty on Ryloth", we see Cham and fan-favorite Windu lead the Republic to an important victory. Even Ahsoka and Anakin come in towards the end in a cameo to shoot down the remaining Vulture droids who were firebombing the villages.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Innocents on Ryloth
    3 deaths
    110 total

A good episode and introduces the cutest SW character ever! I do wonder if that Twi'lek who picks her up is Numa's father or just someone who knew her?
    [​IMG]
    Liberty of Ryloth
    0 deaths
    110 total
    Another great episode with a few easter eggs including the Arc of the covenant being one of the treasures. Also the first episode with Mace in action 1 of only 5 the series
    [​IMG]
    Hostage Crisis
    14 deaths
    124 total
    One of my favorite episodes with the introduction of the most badass SW bounty hunter ever Cad Bane!

Also I have a feeling Bane just likes to see how high his bounty on himself he can get because even after he free's Ziro he tries to murder all those senators and Anakin with those bombs.

See you guys tomorrow for season 2!

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    2 deaths
    126 total

A good episode, but one leaving the big question were did Bane get that robe?:p
    [​IMG]
    Cargo Of Doom
    5 deaths
    131 total
    a good episode, but I do wonder how Bane changed his clothes fast enough to get onto the escaping ship? Bane the master of disguise.
    [​IMG]
    Children of the Force
    0 deaths
    131 total

the episode where Bane decides to give up bounty hunting for kidnapping cute aliens.
    [​IMG]
    0 deaths
    131 total

The episode where Padme decides to spite Anakin and almost dies. Also Rush is really creepy now that I rewatch this.
    [​IMG]
    Landing at point Rain
    50 deaths
    181 total

One of the best episodes in the series and people said the show did not get good until Season 3?:p

10. bathtub_23

Apr 30, 2016
    those worms are disgusting

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Spending the rest of summer break watching Star Wars, but in black and white for a change. Watching TCW rn.

I'm doing my best to watch these in mostly chronological order. Ugh, what were they thinking? Good thing Filoni learned/decided to make Rebels in the right order.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    You can't expect them to get it right, all of the time.

I didn't mind, sometimes it was a little strange but uh whatever.

Some of the things was likely due to experience/time and resources.

The backstory for Domino Squad for instance could not have possibly been done Season One so they go back and do it when they could.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

I remember feeling really jarred when I first saw Hostage Crisis. Like, wait a minute, how the hell did we get here and didn't this already happen?

At some point I'm going to do a chronological watch-through. I haven't reviewed the episodes in three years so it might be worth it to see if any of them have grown on me, or if the ones I used to like have not aged well.

Watching the Episode Death Count in here reminds me of that contest from the Geonosian arc. "How many did you kill today? Less than me? I WIN!"

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  14. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    If you do, please share your thoughts here! :)

I've found that I simply cannot tolerate Bombad Jedi.
    "Hi, uncle Ono, close friend of my family and mentor since childhood!"
    "Heeeey, Padme... You've been a crappy friend lately, so I'm giving you to Gunray!" He admits the plight of his people is not her fault, but he sells her out anyway, wtf.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Hey I loved chronological order! Also I love the last 8 episodes in season 5.... they are the best hands down.

Ahsoka's Tano and Sudooku like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

You've got good taste, my friend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Holocron Heist
    Sidious outs himself as a Sith Lord to Bane, who also shares this info with Cato, ha! Bane and Cato are well-aware that holocrons are available only in the temple in a vault, can be accessed only by a Jedi, as if its common knowledge. And the way Bane casually refers to the dead Jedi in the corner. LOL, this show!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I started my chronological order rewatch tonight. I won't be as detailed as I was earlier in this thread, but it looks like it's going to be a fun revisit.

Cat and Mouse:

Large, hairy, eight-eyed, pincer-clicking creatures who refuse to die, still creep me the **** out.

And I've missed Anakin and Obi-Wan's smartassery from this show.

"Hellllloo, Ugly!"

"I'm not surprised Anakin is engaging the enemy since I just told him not to do it."

One thing I have not missed: the rehash of movie lines.

"No ship that small has a cloaking device."

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

The Hidden Enemy:

"Ventress. And here I thought this mission would be unpleasant."

"The pleasure is all mine, my dear Obi-Wan. I've missed you."

"Come and get me, boys."

Aaaahhhhhh. *happy sigh*

I feel...complete. Healed somehow.

The show introduced the individual-thinking rebellious clone concept early on.

And a clone named Chopper? LOL.

19. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    "Poooor Obi-Wan, you've been betrayed!" :redsaber: :redsaber:

I'm a bit ahead of you. Near the end of season three. I made an executive decision and skipped Ventress and Mortis. When the time comes, I'll watch Bounty, ofc, but I'm saving all the Talzin/Maul stuff for later.

All those leftover episodes at the start of season three were quite fun. I'd love to see the cadets someday in Siege of Mandalore (or Rebels). And George Papanoida was a boss! (Was he mentioned in Dark Disciple?) I forgot how funny it was, watching Vos rub Obi-Wan the wrong way. Poor Obi-Wan, indeed! :p

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The movie:

Great Ventress scenes, of course.

"Anakin leaves quite the mess, which always leads me to you."

"Shall we continue?"
    "My pleasure."

And she's wearing the outfit I have in my closet.

Good Anakin/Ahsoka banter, which I really missed in later seasons. Ahsoka was quite the smartass early on. I loved that about her.

The cutesy nicknames need to go though.

And Hutts suck.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Clone Cadets:

This episode would make one hell of a video game. I want to play as Fives.

"The Jedi do not feel concern." Erm...LOLwut? Wrong, episode writer or writers. Just wrong.

So, who the hell was training the clones before the Jedi hired Mr. Nice Guy and Bounty Hunter Purplehead? That made no sense, either that the Jedi would be responsible for the training at all (that was the Kaminoans' job) or that they would hire bounty hunters to do it. Bounty hunters capture or kill people for money, not train soldiers.

Cool bonding moment with Hevy and 99 at the end.

Supply Lines:

Nothing like an episode in which Jar-Jar dances on the table.

...No, seriously, the episode was good and a great lead-in to Ambush. Gives some context as to why Yoda goes to Toydaria beyond "to convince them to join the Republic's side."

I appreciate Cham more now with Hera being in Rebels.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ambush:

This episode is rather boring, except for a few things:

1. Asajj, you beautiful, beautiful woman. I would like to be a battle droid just so I can call you Supreme Leader.

2. Yoda being a badass.

3. Yoda's conversation with the clones about their different Force signatures. As much as I thought the show went overboard with the "CLONES ARE INDIVIDUALS, MMMKAY?" neon sign, I did like this scene.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Rising Malevolence:

I've always liked the introduction of the ion cannon, given its use in ESB.

Also like the Anakin-Ahsoka bond, their being two of a (disobedient) kind, one of my favorite aspects of early-season TCW.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I liked that episode too. Not just for the Anakin/Ahsoka bond; but the strong connection that Ahsoka had with Plo. It was touching.

[​IMG]

25. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    ...is wise.
    Snoke confirmed.

I just finished the slaver arc. Superpowered-Krell was subdued by clones; Anakin was subdued by Dooku (Shadow Warrior) and slavers (SotR). Thinking back to Dooku Captured, would his capture been more believable if he called Hondo's bluff and failed to overpower the pirates? Sith or not, I'm not one to believe he was nigh invincible.