main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Wait, movie? Explain.

What deleted scenes?

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Darth Maul Returns was a movie. (I got my copy from Amazon.) The episodes had more content: for example, Brothers had a scene of Dooku and Grievous, a scene of Ventress and Latts, and a scene of Yoda and Obi-Wan. These three scenes weren't in the movie. And the order of scenes was rearranged for the movie. And on the S4 Blu-ray features, there's a longer version of the duel between Ventress and Grievous. I forget if there were more deleted scenes.

3. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    So was the DVD version just cut down then? That's odd.

I've heard about the extended duel scene though.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I saw on Youtube a trailer for that Blu-Ray featuring the duel. It looks like they pieced together the original cut scenes with the unedited ones.

5. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Well, I can't evade these episodes anymore...

Overlords
    The Sith are aware of these three beings? Including Sidious? Apparently others know of their existence, too, and also want to abuse their power.

Qui-Gon! :D Star Wars Oxygen (a really great podcast, btw) confirmed Qui-Gon's theme by using this episode as a reference. Hopefully RebelForce Radio can get Witwer to record commentary again, specifically for this arc. (And hopefully other arcs, as well!)

Re: Ahsoka's vision: deep down, she knows Anakin is...what's a good word? Dangerous? Listing his good qualities does not justify the bad qualities. (Echoed in Rebels, in the Lothal temple. It is noted that she blames herself for his fall. Typical Filoni.)

Altar of Mortis

Re: Ahsoka's imprisonment: gee, I wonder what those chains represent. :rolleyes:

Re: Dark Ahsoka: "Then you [Anakin] will be forced to kill me!" [face_laugh]

Ghosts of Mortis

Hilarious ending. Rex is more confused than the audience.

Just like the end of Contact:

The Chancellor: I assume you read the confidential findings report from the investigating committee.
    Yoda: Flipped through it, I did.
    The Chancellor: I was especially interested in the section on the shuttle's dash-cam unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Yoda: Continue.
    The Chancellor: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me.
    Yoda: ...continue.
    The Chancellor: What interests me is that it recorded approximately three episodes of it.
    Yoda: Interesting, that is, hmm? Hehehehe!

Sabotage, TJWKTM, TCAJ & The Wrong Jedi

[​IMG]

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    My favorite arc when I first saw the show involved Clovis (even though he sucks as a character) and Cad Bane (still awesome, they should have done more with him). I enjoyed the later seasons that came out the most though, even though I was older.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Weapons factory
    deaths: 10
    total: 191
    A good episode, but there is an inconsistency error with the tanks because they keep on moving back while Anakin is planting the bombs. A small detail, but still.
    [​IMG]
    Legacy of Terror
    Deaths: 5
    Total: 196

I did not count the controlled "zombies" because they were already dead.
    [​IMG]
    Brain Invaders
    Deaths: 3
    Total: 199
    barris killed an innocent clone and she knew it to...so ya.

Also why is Syth leading the zombie clones? is it just because he was the first infected?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    grievous intrigue
    deaths: 13
    Total: 212
    [​IMG]
    The Deserter
    Death:0
    Total:212
    [​IMG]
    Lightsaber Lost
    Death:0
    Total:212
    Got a question for the mods TheSilentInfluence Todd the Jedi I know I need to wait a day before double posting, but does that count for triple posting and so on?

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As long as there's still at least a day between each post and as long as each post is unique and contributing then that's fine.

Also Silent and I are but two of the mods hereabouts. ;)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I know there are 4 mods in total who are officially for TV, but you and silent are more active so I would be more likely to ask you two. sorry Trebor Sabreon and AkashKedavra_93.:p and I am to lazy to tag you all.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, we're here.

Watching...
    [​IMG]

12. Todd the Capuchin

Todd the Capuchin Blind Mod of SWTV Possessed with the SIGHT star 1 Moderator

Oct 18, 2014
    Yes, and there are... other mods...

Lurking in the shadows....

[​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. deadpalpatinefan

deadpalpatinefan Jedi Padawan

Oct 27, 2015
    Hello there. :)

This thread got a bit Halloween-themed with a death toll bandered about.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. Todd the Capuchin

Todd the Capuchin Blind Mod of SWTV Possessed with the SIGHT star 1 Moderator

Oct 18, 2014
    I like the sound of this Brain Invaders episode. Controlling the minds of the living is one of my favorite pastimes. [face_skull]

15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Two weeks ago on my rewatch, I watched "Dooku Captured" and "Gungan General" and I can easily say for now that those two episodes are one of my favorite episodes of this season. My memory may be fuzzy on the details so please correct me if I'm wrong.

+ Anakin and Obi-wan being sassy to each other
    + Grumpy Count Dooku. "I would kill you both right now if I didn't have to drag your bodies." "devious and deceitful and most importantly...stupid."
    + The whole concept of pirates capturing a Sith lord, then calling the Republic for a ransom (spice if I remember correctly?) then capturing Anakin and Obi-wan after drugging their drinks. Then all three of them attempting to escape together.
    + Jar Jar, being in charge after the death of senator Kharrus sent by the Republic d to bargain with the pirates saved the day once again.
    + Introduction of Hondo. Geez, comparing this Hondo and the one in Rebels it's like night and day even if I like both versions.
    + Obi-wan acting like a Jedi and Hondo's reaction to them just walking away.
    - That one pirate who wanted to have the spice for himself was a little annoying at times but then he and his partner died Force choked by a visibly pissed off Dooku at the end of the episode.

DaffyTheWizard and cwustudent like this.
  16. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Not sure why that "movie" has Massacre and Bounty, those are not Maul episodes.

17. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    LFL can't sell many DVDs that have only Brothers and Revenge. A 40-minute movie isn't a worthwhile product. Even with the equivalent of four episodes, I'm the only person I know that bought the movie.

The movie is not presented as: Massacre, Bounty, Brothers, Revenge. Ventress's arc and Maul's arc intertwine:
    The scenes at the diner (from Brothers)
    Massacre
    The scenes on the junk planet (from Brothers)
    Bounty
    Revenge

18. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Wow, that's one weird product.

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Makes more sense for the diner scenes to come after Massacre, because Talzin's "making preparations" involved her collecting Super Battle Droid parts which wouldn't have been present at that point.

20. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    That scene never made sense, not in the episode nor the movie. Its should occur just prior to Savage and Maul landing on Dathomir. But that episode (Revenge) is already jam-packed.[face_dunno]

21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    How does it not make sense? She was tracking Savage's movements through the galaxy through his amulet.

22. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    In both Brothers and the movie, Savage is in the parking lot of the diner. And then the scene cuts to Dathomir, while Talzin is watching a green dot approaching a red dot on a brownish planet. I don't know if it represents Savage approaching Maul, or Savage and Maul approaching Talzin.

Two things could be happening. If Savage is still looking for a ride, then Talzin is seeing the future. But I think the scene was meant to appear later. I already understand its placement. Its just a minor (annoying) detail.

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Just rewatching Ambush, one of the droids calls another one 'bucket head'. Is this the origin of the slang for stormtroopers used in Rebels? Did it originate as anti-clone Droid talk?

24. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Noticed something interesting in Rookies.

The 'shinies' say Hell, while the officers say 'Heck'.

When Cutup is killed by the eel, one of the clones asks "What the hell was that!?". But when Rex shoots the commando droid disguised as a clone, Cody says "What the heck!". One of the shinies also says "Like hell you would".

It's interesting how the dialogue differentiates the 2 groups. The shinies are more informal than the disciplined commanders. It's a very small detail but interesting none the less.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Knowing DBB it was probably intentional. Good thing I guess that no one had yet told him you can't say "hell" in a kids show. :p