main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends For Good - Songfic - Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon AU - COMPLETED 11/15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Gon, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    Valairy_Scot - Hehe, yes, Tahl most certainly has let loose the reckless monster. [face_skull] And believe you me when I say that Mace Windu will be none to happy about it. :D Yes! Obi/Qui hugs are the heart of any mush story. [Face_Tongue] thanks for reading!

KELIA - Yes, there has to be a softie in the bunch. I figured he's an older man who's seen enough, and sees no point in being cruel. :) Yes, the padawan bead! It will come up again later. :D Thanks for reading!

XANI - Thank you so much! I'm very, very happy that you've enjoyed it! :D:D It's always an author's goal to get her readers hooked. ;) Thanks for reading!

Next update, coming right up! Fresh off the press! :D

2. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    A/N: Well, this took a lot longer than I wanted it too, mainly because of school starting, and also because my plot bunnies have all fallen into comas. Only recently have they started to revive themselves. Anyway, without further ado, here is chapter eight of ?For Good?.

----------------------------------------------------

As he flew through space, towards the unsuspecting Jedi-issue shuttle, Guerra was still trying to understand exactly why Qui-Gon had asked him to do this. Sure, the Jedi Master had explained it to him briefly, but the exact details were still lost on him. The only thing that Guerra clearly understood was that by retrieving this lightsaber for Qui-Gon, he might be able to help Obi-Wan get out of prison ? that was his motivation.

Guerra punched a few buttons into the bridge computers, and the autopilot took up the controls, and put the ship in anchor mode. Guerra sighed heavily, glancing at the shuttle that was, as far as he could tell, still unaware of his intentions. After a brief moment of internal debate, he set his jaw and boarded the exiting pod. Well, here went nothing.

Meanwhile, Qui-Gon was pacing the perimeter of his study. He?d lost track (had he been counting in the first place) of how many times he?d completed the circuit around the room, though he didn?t really care. After a few more moments of nervous silence, he stopped pacing and pulled out his comm., to check for any news. No new messages. With a heavy sigh, one a bit too dramatic and frustrated for a Jedi master, Qui-Gon fell back into his chair. This, he thought to himself, was torture. Even with all of his instilled Jedi patience, he was starting to grow restless. He hopped Guerra would call him soon.

Normally, it was no hard task for Qui-Gon to force himself to wait patiently for results in tense, critical situations such as these, but this was different for him. Not only did his Padawan?s future hang in the balance, but Qui-Gon knew himself, and he knew that if this plan didn?t succeed, he would end up doing something very rash; more specifically, something very illegal. Force only knew what would happen then.

Qui-Gon glanced over at the comm. His eyes glared hard at it as it rested on the table, as if he could simply will it to give him the information he wanted. For the moment, it seemed to work, because the small device began to chirp just then. With inhuman speed aided by his Jedi precognition, the comm. was in his hand within seconds.

?Guerra?? He asked expectantly, before the caller could say anything.

?Actually,? Came a distinctly feminine voice over the line, ?That is what I called to talk to you about.? It was Tahl.

?Tahl?? Qui-Gon verified, sounding disappointed and somewhat surprised. ?What happened??

?Your friend, Guerra, was just arrested. He was found trespassing on a Jedi craft, as it seems.? Tahl said. There was a long silence, before Qui-Gon sighed.

?Oh, dear?? The master murmured quietly, rubbing at his temples.

?Though I don?t suppose that you would know anything about that, would you, Qui-Gon?? Tahl?s voice was accusing. Though Tahl wasn?t there with him, Qui-Gon could practically see the annoyance and disappointment on her face.

?Tahl, there was no other way...? He started defensively.

?No other way to what, Qui-Gon?? Tahl?s voice was a bit exasperated, and somewhat afraid as to what his answer would be.

Qui-Gon didn?t answer.

?Qui-Gon,? Tahl insisted, her voice now more urgent, ?What?s going on? What have you done??

Qui-Gon sighed before answering. ?Come to my apartment and I?ll explain.? Without any more words, he hung up. Waiting for her to come, which he knew she would, Qui-Gon put his face in his hands. What on earth would he tell Obi-Wan?

Tahl sat, shell shocked, in Qui-Gon?s apartment.

?Wait, you sent him to get Bruck?s lightsaber??

?Yes.?

?And? He failed, apparently.?

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

You sneaky devil Qui-Gon getting the brothers to help you.
    Now what is it about Bruck's lightsabre.[face_thinking]

Thanks for the update
    brilliant.=D=

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Everything is coming to a head now! Hurry, Qui and find out what is going on. *sigh* I'll be away from the internet for about 4 weeks. I hope when I get back that you'll have posted again. Looking forward to it.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Things are coming together - nice ratcheting of the tension. I can hardly wait for Obi-Wan to be cleared.

6. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow!

Awesome!!

Please add me to the PM List :)

EG

7. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Ack! Four weeks and still no update! Is DRL getting you down? Here's hoping you post soon.

8. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    Gkilkenny -Of course he's sneaky - he's Qui-Gon! Ah, the mystery of the saber goes on... :p Who knows what will happen with it? (Me!) lol, that'll be in the next (last) chapter. :D Thanks for reading!

p_stotts - Aw, I feel so bad that I didn't get it done! DRL definitely did get me down... Copious amounts of school, writer's block, and a horrible head cold. Not fun. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! :) Thanks for reading!

Valair_Scot - I know! I can hardly wait, either! I'm getting all worked up about this, and yet I know exactly what is going to happen. :p Typical. Thanks for reading!

EGkenobi - Consider yourself added! :D Thanks for the compliments, and thanks for reading!

9. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    A/N: Hello, all! I?m back. I can?t wait to get this story done! Not that I haven? had oodles of fun, but I am really getting exited. I?ve only completed one other story? Ever. (Sad, isn?t it? You?d think, that with the amount of stories I?ve got going?) Anywho? I really, really, really wanted to finish this one up on October 24 ? the day that I originally published it ? and make it a wrap in exactly one year. That would have been very cool, but I?ve been way to busy with life. I can?t find time to write, I got sick, and I had a horrible case of writer?s block for a while. I?m getting re-fired up, though, and hopefully can ride this writing high to finish up this story the way it should be. The way I have this planned, there will be this chapter, and one other chapter. I believe (*checks*) that that will put the total chapter count right at 10. A lovely even number to finish off with, don?t you think? (Yeah, I think I?m just a bit OCD.) Anyway? I?m probably boring you to death with my rambling? But this is one of my most precious stories ? my longest running, non-dead story yet! Too bad I couldn?t meet my own deadline. There?s my procrastination habits for you. *rolls eyes*

Anywho, on with the story! Here is chapter nine!

-------------------------------------------------------

Tahl had been preparing herself a cup of tea when the fixed comm. in Qui-Gon?s apartment rang. Though her face was confused, she picked it up promptly and answered.

?Hello??

?Tahl, is that you?? The Jedi recognized the annoyed voice of Mace Windu.

?Yes, Master Windu. Did you need something?? She made her voice cheerful, despite her growing anxiety. Tahl had an itching feeling that she was about to be interrogated ? probably in Qui-Gon?s stead.

?Yes, actually. First, you can tell me what you?re doing in Qui-Gon?s apartment, second, you can tell me what kind of illegal operation Qui-Gon is running this time, and third, you can kindly tell me where the council and myself can pick Jinn up.? His voice was sharp, almost angry, and lacked it?s usual ease. Mace was definitely not happy.

?Alright, then?? Tahl said, forcing her voice to stay calm and convincing. ?Well, I?m in Qui-Gon?s apartment because we?re having tea together, at the moment. The man needs some? Consoling. He?s very upset about Obi-Wan, you know. I answered because I was closer to the unit.?

?That?s funny. I called Qui-Gon multiple times on his personal comm. and he didn?t answer. Do you know why?? He said.

Great. Tahl thought. He definitely sound convinced. Alright, time to pull out the poker face, Tahl.

?Well, I?ll ask him. One second, Mace.? She paused, as if to ask Qui-Gon, who, of course, wasn?t actually present, a question. She quickly thought up an explanation. ?He says that it?s charging. The battered died last night.?

?I see. Well, can I talk to him?? Mace was getting frustrated.

?Umm? I don?t think so, Master Windu.? Tahl said. ?Like I said, he?s very upset about Obi-Wan, and he?s not in any mood to talk much, right now. He hasn?t been talking to me, much less anyone else. Maybe later.? She said. A silence overtook the conversation. Tahl bit her tongue so hard she thought it might bleed. Bluffing over a comm. was one thing, but bluffing over a comm. to a council member was something else entirely. She waited anxiously for Mace?s response, hoping that she had been convincing.

?Fine. Well, do you think it would help any if I showed up in person?? Mace asked.

?Perhaps.? Tahl relented. ?but give him some time, Mace. Please.? She asked.

?Oh, don?t worry, I will. Two hours, in fact. And I hope he decides to talk to me by then. In fact, I hope that both of you decide to talk to me. I really don?t want to have to drag the whole council into this. Oh, and by the way, if you and Qui-Gon leave before I get there, I?m sure the council won?t have any trouble tracking you down. I?ll see you later, Tahl. Two hours.?

He hung up. Tahl gulped, and quickly dialed Qui-Go

10. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    And you leave us with another cliffhanger. :rolleyes: My heart can only take so much. Oh, great chapter! =D= I love how you're weaving all the loose ends together. I look forward to more.

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    OMG he's going to cut his throat!o_O
    Be very careful Obi-Wan there are major arteries in your neck one slip and you'll bleed to death. Great post.=D=
    Don't worry about the dealine, but do finish it soon. It is exciting.:D

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This is really very well done. I loved how you've tried to weave a mystery with angst.

Great job.

13. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Ouch! That is going to hurt. He's a really smart kid to figure out that removing the force inhibitor would be one way to achieve what he needs to. It's good that it's in a place where he can actually get to it. I just hope he doesn't do any permanent damage and that none of the guards find out. [face_worried]

Each post has been a joy to read! Keep up the great work! =D=

14. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    p_stotts -Hehe, yes, I actually do intentionally give you all these cliffhangers. :) Here comes the last chapter! I do sure hope it's not a cliffhanger! :p Thanks for reading!
    Gkilkenny - Yup, Obi-Wan is putting himself in grave danger, isn't he? He had a knack for doing that. You'd think the boy had nine lives or something. ;) Thanks for reading!
    dianethx - Thank you! And I didn't even intend this to be a mystery-type fic. It just turned into that. Don't you love how that happens? :) Thanks for reading!
    bek - Yes, I think that would hurt a lot! But it is so much fun putting our characters through torture, isn't it? *teehee* :p Thanks for reading!

The next chapter will be the conclusion! Yay!!! *is very exited*

15. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    Obi-Wan bit his lip to keep from screaming as tears ran down his face. One of his hands firmly pressed a crimson stained rag to his bleeding neck, while the other, stained with his own blood, clutched a small inhibitor chip. Under normal circumstances, he would have never dreamed about doing something as risky and stupid as what he?d just done. But this was a life-or-death emergency, and desperate times called for desperate measures. Though Obi-Wan wasn?t completely sure that he would live through this risky undertaking ? he was losing blood, fast. Dropping the chip that had kept him from the Force, Obi-Wan now used both hands to keep the cloth up against his injured neck, hoping that the pressure would help the bleeding stop sooner. Closing his tear-soaked eyes, he reached out to the Force, which he hadn?t been able to access for nearly two months, now, and breathed in deep breaths.

Oh, how good it felt! The Force wrapped around like a parent embracing their child, and to him it felt like he, a long-lost, tired and weary traveler, had just landed on the softest, warmest, safest, most comfortable bed imaginable. He enjoyed the euphoria for several heavenly moments, before an urgent buzz rang from the back of his skull, reminding him that he wasn?t doing this for his own enjoyment ? he had a job to do.

Obi-Wan struggled to find his center, and called on the Force to help relieve some of his pain. The sharp, overwhelming sting dulled into a bearable throb, and Obi-Wan quickly returned to his mission of establishing a mental connection with Qui-Gon. He?d done it once before, briefly, before he?d been taken away. Hopefully, that would be all the experience he needed to accomplish it again.

Obi-Wan let out a breath and reached out with the Force, searching for a familiar mind or bond to connect with. At once, he was bombarded by dozens of different options, all kinds of Force-signatures dancing across his mental vision like flashes of colored lights. He looked around, catching fleeting glimpses of the signatures, but could not distinguish any details among them. A bit frustrated, Obi-Wan tried to imagine as vividly as possible what Qui-Gon?s signature looked like. As if this was the password to open a hidden door, one signature in particular shone brighter than all the rest, and practically shouted out at Obi-Wan. It was Qui-Gon! With a surge of joy, Obi-Wan reached out to connect with his master.

--------------------------

Qui-Gon let out a frustrated sigh as he looked over the lightsaber again. There had to be something! There had to be some sort of evidence somewhere on that saber, and Force curse it if it was the last thing he?d ever do, but Qui-Gon was going to find the evidence he needed! Tahl?s brows were furrowed in frustration and concern as she tried to read her friend?s emotions.

?May I see it, Qui-Gon?? She asked quietly. Without speaking, Qui-Gon handed her the saber. She ran her hands over it. ?Are there any strange engravings on it? No nitches or extra knobs??

?No, and no.?

?No extra buttons? Any cracks??

?No. Tahl, I?m beginning to think that-? Qui-Gon stopped speaking and took in a sharp breath. Obi-Wan?

?Qui-Gon? Are you alright??

?Yes? Tahl, I think Obi-Wan is trying to contact me mentally.?

?What?? Tahl sounded astonished. ?I thought you said that he had an inhibitor??

?I did. He did. I don?t understand??

?Well,? Tahl interrupted, ?What are you doing talking to me for? If your padawan overrode a Force inhibitor just to talk to you, I think it?s important! Help the poor boy, Qui!?

Without answering Tahl, Qui-Gon reached out mentally and met Obi-Wan in the middle.

?Obi-Wan? Is that you, Padawan??

?Master??
    Obi-Wan?s voice sounded weary, but relieved.

?Obi-Wan, how on earth did you-?

?I can?t explain no, Master. I can?t keep this up for very long. Listen, about Bruck?s lightsaber??
    Obi-wan paused, as if catching his breath.

?Easy, padawan. Don?t try and do it by yourself ? I?ll hold open the bond.?Qui-Gon, wi

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ahhh...a happy ending. I [face_love] happy endings! [:D]

Kudos on a great story.

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    An excellent story.

Thanks for writing "For Good."=D=

18. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    =D= A very satisfying ending, Jedi-Gon. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Now, *rubs hands together* what else have you got in store for us? :D

19. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Awww, this was such an amazing story! I enjoyed reading it from the very start. Superb ending. Loved it.

20. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    I really enjoyed the story. Sorry I didn't comment much, too busy with life. XD

Anyway, great job, and I loved the ending. :D

21. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Looking back, mused, the road had been long and hard. Both of them had been through horrible experiences to get to where they were, but, with a certain kind of irony, Qui-Gon realized that it was all part of a bigger plan that he knew he would never be able to fully comprehend. Had it not been for the hard times, they would not learn for the good times. It was all a long road, and it could be very hard and dark at times, but it brought them to where they were now. It was still bringing them closer to where they would be in the future. Qui-Gon smiled as he watched his padawan. What a future it was sure to be. It would be quite an adventure to share, and he couldn?t wait.

Wonderful! =D=

The ending was perfect; you did an excellent job with this fic. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.