main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For Good (Swarm War AU, songfic, J/Z, angst.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, so, I am begining to panic that Zekk is going to die in The Swarm War. Thats not a spoiler or anything, thats just me freaking out. Anyways, so, I decided taht I better jsut do it the way I think it should be done, just in case, you know? Does that make any sense? No, right? Oh well. You'll get it when you read it. I think this is the most emotional I've ever gotten while writing anything, mostly because I'm terrified it's going to come true. Hope not, thought!

Discalimer: Song is 'For Good', from Wicked, which, may I add, I just recieved tickets to go see on thursday as an early brithday present!!! I started getting all excited, and totally ruined the mood I was trying to be in to write this. :p Ok, but the sound and tone of this song, for those of you whoe have heard it, is exactly what I want here, k? :)

I've heard it said
    That people come into our lives for a reason
    Bringing something we must learn
    And we are led
    To those who help us most to grow
    If we let them
    And we help them in return
    Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
    But I know I'm who I am today
    Because I knew you

Jaina cursed softly as she brought her StealthX swooping back towards the surface of Woteba. Despite having been in the cockpit all day, her senses were still sharp enough that she did not need coordinates to find her destination. The Jedi, along with the Galactic Alliance and even a handful of Chiss fighters had been battling the swarms of blue Killiks that made up the Dark Nest since they had received a distress call from the Colony the day before. They had emerged from hyperspace into a fight located both in space and on the surface of the green planet, and had split their forces as best they could. After hours of fighting, the battle was finally grinding to a close, as the Killiks were slowly but inexorably overwhelmed.

She had pursued a flight of dartships into the atmosphere, and had nearly destroyed them. A handful had escaped her grasp, but she had just located them through her Joiner bond with Zekk. While she had spent the conflict destroying enemy fighters, Zekk had been fighting on the surface of the planet against the armies attempting to reach the Unu nests. They had done their bests to separate their minds so they would not be distracted by the fact that they each faced a different opponent in a different place, and had been remarkably successful at keeping a mental distance from each other. She did not know how he was faring, although she had caught occasional flashes of pain or triumph, just as she knew he must have been feeling from her.

Now, though, she had reached out to him as she tried to locate the escaping ships, and quickly honed in on their location. A swarm of blue bodies gave away Zekk?s position as she swooped over the green plain that had become a battlefield and opened fire on the handful of surviving ships. They were no match for her, and in a few moments had vanished in balls of fire.

Turning back, she made another pass over the field, this time firing upon the remnants of the army that faced Zekk. She wondered how many there had been at the start of the day, although the sheer number of corpses of all sizes that littered the area surprised her. They had not expected there to be this many of them, or reinforcements would have been sent. Deciding that she would be of more use here than in the mopping up action taking place above the planet, she set her ship down and popped the canopy open, pausing only long enough to grab her lightsaber before she hopped out to join Zekk.

Like a comet pulled from orbit
    As it passes a sun
    Like a stream that meets a boulder
    Halfway through the wood
    Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
    But because I knew you
    I have been changed for good

He had destroyed almost all of them, and was left facing only a dozen or so. Running up to them from behind him, Jaina was unable to see just how badly he was hurt, although she knew it must be painful from the slow stiffness of his movements. Not letting h

2. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Great job, Lusa. A very well written death scene... Makes me like Joiner Zekk a little bit more.

3. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    [face_stubborn_as_a_mule]

If Zekk has to go, that's how I want so see him off. Song and all.

Lovely, Lusa!

And I started my Aida rewrite! Did you see it? It's called "The Past as Another Land" :)

4. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    That was... That was great! But... Zekk! Oh, it was wonderful. I'm crying right now but it was great.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! Poor Zekk! :_| A beautiful and powerful work! =D=

6. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Valin

Why thank you!

Makes me like Joiner Zekk a little bit more.

Really? Wow! Guess I did my job, then! :)

VC

Aww, thanks, Joiner Sib!

If Zekk has to go, that's how I want so see him off. Song and all.

Really? Yeah, me too. (Obviously. :p) It was hard to get, but I'm glad I got it! :p And the Aida fic is up? I missed it! On my way! Rent starts the 24th! We will take this board by storm! :p

Jedi_Bubbles

Why thanks! *Passes tissue* I just hope it doens't come ture in the books! :(

VaderLVR64

Thanks! I really wanted this to be good, you know? Not just another songfic! Hope it was! :)

7. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    That was beautiful...

Amazing job, that was a spectacular death scene for a character I never want to see die. You certainly did it justice. Gosh, I gotta go find some tissues...

8. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    How did you do that? You managed to get into my mind, steal my theories, and formulate them into something far more coherent and moving then I ever could come up with. I love it!

9. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    ZG

Aww, thanks! Yeah, that was kind of what I wanted: a good death scene for someone who really doesn't deserve to die! Glad you liked it! :)

emeraldshadow

Hehe, thanks! Yeah, I know most Zekk fans out there want him to have a good death scene, if he's going to have one! :)

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Oh wow, mind blowing, Lusa!

I, like many others, never want to see this happen, but if he has to go.... this is how it should be.

I adored your heartbreaking look at his life. About how he'd always locked away everything inside him to be able to keep being the care-free street rat that didn't have anyone to turn to. I loved the way you showed his view of their relationship through Jaina's eyes.

Wow, if he has to go... *sniff* sorry, I'd say more but I can't read the screen right now... :_|

Awesome job!=D=

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    If he has to go-okay, he doesn't have to go, and damn it, we don't want him to go-but if he had to, this is how.

Nice, Jaina. Real nice. Only now, at the end, do you realize how much you hurt him by being with Captain Cardboard. And nice touch with his skin not changing color and the realization that he'd been dead his whole life. Very sad and angsty.

12. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    DUDES, I JUST SAW WICKED, AND IT WAS SO HARDCORE! Ok, done, but thought I'd let ya know! :p

Jade_Max

Aww, thanks! You always write such nice reviews! Always makes my day! :) *Passes tissues* And, yeah, I've always thought that the very first look we get at Zekk's character is so different from who he later turnes out to be. So I wanted to play with that!

Striker

If he has to go-okay, he doesn't have to go, and damn it, we don't want him to go-but if he had to, this is how.

Hehe, yeah, I know what you mean. We don't want him to die, but if he does it better be good! And, yeah, I wasn't sure if I should include the Jag bit, but I thought it was a good chance for me to do my take on it, that he's not so much jelous as he feels not good enough.

13. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, I'm still on a bit of a Wicked high, so this fic is being ordered to defy gravity and jump up to the top!

14. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I really liked this I normally don't like J/Z too much but you did and excelent job!

I was thinking of using this song when i heard the song about a week or two ago. I liked how you incorperated it in with you fic.

Awesome Job!

15. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Wuh-oh, Lusa. Someone's taken your song...

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/22201241/p1/?9

16. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    goddess45

Why thank you! I'm glad you liked it, especially if you don't usually read J/Z! And it's such an aweomse song, how can you not use it?

VC

I know! Isn't that cool? Good music deserves to get lots of love! :)

17. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    :_| Wow. Lusa, you've outdone yourself. That was amazing. =D= As always, your insights into Zekk's character are just perfect. =D= =D=

18. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    JoE

Awww, thanks so much!! I loveds writing this, even if it was sad! Although its better now that I know it doesn't happen! Glad you liked it! :)

19. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Very very sad, but very very good. It made me choke up, and I can count the number of fics that have done that on one hand.

Great job, and incredible insight into Zekk's character. Wow.

20. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Wow, thanks! I tried really hard to make it sad, because I'm a dork, and I'm trilled to death it worked! I had a great time writing it, even if it did angst me out, so I'm glad you enjoed it, too! :)

21. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    good job lusa...

22. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    skywalkerlover00

Why thank you! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.