main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA For Master--Kenobi and Gang...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kai_Vandekar, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    A link to an article that will crack you up...

Obi Wan Kenobi, Jedi Sex Symbol

...and a livejournal icon that will only really make sense AFTER reading the article. Dunno if you use livejournal, but hey...it's the thought that counts. (Dithering is due to the thumbnail-utility on the boards. Original is 100x100 and sharp...click to see.)

[image=http://www.scendan.com/kenobilj.jpg]

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMFJAO!!! LOVE IT!!!! Gods thats great!

3. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    ...After browsing way too many photo galleries of CIII and only finding a few pictures of Anakin with Mom.

Here's my theory.

Those pictures? They're planted fakes from, like, Comic-Con or something.

The whole bloody lot of you went off to some fabulous South Sea Isle and whiled away those four days whacking the tops off coconuts with lightsabers, pouring rum into them, and swilling the contents whilst ogling the people of whatever gender most appeal to you and generally whooping it up.

No CIII, no saber duel.

It was all a great big hoax, like...I dunno...the discovery of Piltdown Man or something.

I mean, I'm just sayin'...how did you all manage to glide through CIII looking as cool as I know you ALL DO and manage to get nary a photo snapped of you? It's UNCANNY.

;)

Can you tell it's a slow Friday here for me?

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL defintely a slow Friday. Friends of ours from Denver just emailed me a bunch of photos..so as soon as I get them downloaded to my little droid here, I'll pass them on.

But it seemed that we couldn't go five steps without pics being taken, so I'm just as confused as you! (course doesnt' take much to confuse me!).

:)

5. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    BRILLIANT...

ewan is indeed a hottie... but since i was 10, my heart belongs to The Man In Black (and i don't mean johnny cash)

6. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Yes, my son is quite the looker, isn't he?

Golda, a very proud mother.

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    <<LOL defintely a slow Friday. Friends of ours from Denver just emailed me a bunch of photos..so as soon as I get them downloaded to my little droid here, I'll pass them on. >>

Cool! Can't wait!

<<But it seemed that we couldn't go five steps without pics being taken, so I'm just as confused as you! (course doesnt' take much to confuse me!).>>

*GASP* You know what this means, don't you???? The reason tons of photos were taken but the only ones showing up are of Anakin? I see it now:

[Small possiblity of spoilers, but surely you've all seen the preview, right? Highlight to read.]

It means that Kenobi, Padme, etc. have all been named ENEMIES OF THE REPUBLIC. Anakin shows up because he's, like, thick with Palpatine and a war hero and good for an Imperial photo-op, and Sidious (ahem) doesn't show up in photos because he NEVER lets his image be transmitted--except to his Sith apprentices and to toad-like Trade Federation goons.

It ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. Just a few pics of noble Anakin with his beloved and now sadly-departed Mom and no photos at all of those miserable, traitorous Jedi and their nasty senatorial cohorts. You've been Erased From the System. Don't try to go home, don't try to use your ident cards. Your every move is being tracked and your assets seized.

Received any seemingly friendly phone messages from the Dept. of Homeland Security lately, Master--Kenobi?

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMJAO!!!! Well, THAT explains it all! :)

<<Goes an hides under bed with lightsaber ignited.>>

9. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh. And saber ownership is now a misdemeaner.

;)

10. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    kai, you have way too much time on your hands. or a mind like a squirrel on ritalin! you know, that theory makes a lot of sense... because that's about the only viable reason i DON'T HAVE ANY FREAKIN PICTURES, master_kenobi. [face_thinking]

and golda? eeeeewww. [face_sick]

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I'll take what's behind door #2. Although I always said I had a brain like a flea on a hot plate.

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    For some reason, I can't do a thumbnail from my livejournal pics, but here are links.

DUEL!!!!

http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/pic/000ehf9a

http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/pic/000ekcbc

- Kai

13. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    The second pic jsut brought back images of when I did Dracula at the local college. Remember that Master K?
    "THE SUN!!!" I guess you had to be there and live through it.

It could also be because the Count and I have made too many Dookula jokes. It's all in the cape.

Golda

14. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    *grin*

I'm just crushed that my tropical-island-using-lightsabers-to-cut-the-tops-off-coconuts theory on where you all were for the weekend is now shot.

;)

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    hooray! FINALLY, pictures! bummer about the quality, but i am immensely pleased to see them! even blurry, our gang looks GREAT!

moremoremore.... please!

(oh, and thankyouthankyouthankyou kai!)

16. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Don't worry, we are practicing on coconuts even now for the next time. Good idea.

Oh, the Count and I saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy tonight. Any movie that has a theme song called, "So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish," has my vote; for something.

Golda

17. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    You're welcome! :)

In reply to the next -- I have yet to see Hitchhikers, but definitely plan to. :)

On another note, back from the charity premiere in Modesto. DID actually get to see the movie, which was touch and go there for a while apparently.

In a word: Great.

You'll all enjoy it, I'm very confident of that. George got it right, at last. It was such a lovely relief to sit through this film and genuinely LIKE it, without having to force myself to. YAY!!!! That's all I'll say, so as not to be a spoiler in any way. :)

Just woke up from a nap. I gave up a few hours ago and took one. I'm getting too old for this sort of thing...

18. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Found Master--Kenobi and UltimateMamasBoy...

http://www.fansview.com/2005/starwars/sw21a.html

19. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    yup... that coconut theory just ain't holdin' water...

20. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Maybe it was not coconuts but pineapples. We were forced to work at a pineapple farm using the lightsabres to make pineapple chunks.

21. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Ok, so where are the pineapples in these pics?

http://www.myalphastation.com/cris/c3/ciii_webgallery/pages/Rotation%20of%20DSC01730.htm

http://www.501neg.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=256&pos=38 If you click on this pic, you get a HUGE version of it...

Oh, and a link to a movie file, with a riveting .5 second segment of Mom being held by Anakin...just mom, Anakin being a suggestion of arms and chest holding onto the prop.

Very exciting. Never say I did nothing for you. ;)

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL..yup you do a lot for us. :)

23. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    ...although as far as I can tell, one of the things I did NOT do for you is post the video link. DOH!!! I'll find it, but it'll have to wait til Monday. Sorry, didn't intend to be a tease!

24. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    i was going to say... but the pics are GREAT! thanks so very much for coming through for us, kai... if it wasn't for you, i've have seen bugger all.

now if *I* had been there... you'd be begging me to STOP with the pictures, already... ;)

25. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    It's pretty hard to get me to stay, "Stop with the pictures, already."

:)

Especially as you take really nice ones!

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.