For My Soul is Touched and I am Hollow (JA AU Obi/Qui/ now Xan) COMPLETE 5/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Suzuran, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
  2. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Hurray- they are finally reunited!

but your comments are making me suspicious
  3. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    They found him! Yay! :D

So Shi-Ara's up next, huh? I hope she won't pose too much of a problem! :eek:
  4. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    I wonder if poor Obi-Wan is even sane after two years of following crazy Shi-Ara around the galaxy. I am so glad he is back with his master but you have me a tad nervous with your warnings about complacency. More soon please. :)
  5. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    YAY!! That made my day!

So Shi-Ara's up next, huh? I hope she won't pose too much of a problem!

This is Shi-Ara we are talking about...she's a walking and talking problem.
  6. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Time for reader replies!

Froggy: suppose that was the up so that you can slam dunk us in the next chapter with the bungee cord of angst?

Great Job! Go Xani!!!

[face_laugh] You never know, froggie, you never know. :p

Master: Obi has his Master again!

But will he be able to keep him? ;)

Oba Thankee! [face_love]

PK:Hurray- they are finally reunited!

but your comments are making me suspicious

They're meant to. :p Kidding. Things are afoot, that's all I will say. [face_devil]

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan
    :

They found him! Yay!

So Shi-Ara's up next, huh? I hope she won't pose too much of a problem!

Shi-Ara will be dealt with. [face_devil] Oh yes, she will be dealt with.

Sheila
    : I wonder if poor Obi-Wan is even sane after two years of following crazy Shi-Ara around the galaxy. I am so glad he is back with his master but you have me a tad nervous with your warnings about complacency. More soon please.

Obi-Wan's sanity may surprise you, considering Shi-Ara is in the picture. ;) Thanks for reading. [face_love]

LP
    : YAY!! That made my day!

This is Shi-Ara we are talking about...she's a walking and talking problem.

Your paranoia of Shi-Ara is always great to see, LP. :D

I'm working on the post, guys. Hopefully *crosses fingers* I can do it before the month is over. That's the plan. :p

Thanks everyone!
  7. Darth_Bog Jedi Master

star 4
    I still think this story is a little too over-the-top by having it occur in actual time. :p

It's still bugging me how Obi is going to get his mind back...hurry up and fix it!!!

(see, I finally caught up...now it's your turn to catch up on my Mr. T story, sucka!)
  8. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Month is over Padawan ! Where's our posty? :p
  9. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Month is over Padawan ! Where's our posty?

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] You're always such a good conscience, master. I should never give out time limits. :p

I've got about 6 pages of the post written out. I'm tweaking it, and also trying to decide if I should post it now, or wait until it's done, so it's extra long. I'm not sure if I can split it, but I can.

I'll work on it some more today and tomorrow, and hopefully I can post it!

You guys are way too patient, and deserve medals for still checking up on this story. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  10. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chapter XLV

"Master, master, master ..."

Qui-Gon stroked the soft ginger hair that now brushed Obi-Wan's shoulders. His padawan braid was still intact. He was glad about that, because this was one of the few things that was familiar to him. Xanatos, curse him, had been right. His padawan was not a boy anymore. Obi-Wan had changed a great deal. He was taller, reaching almost to Qui-Gon's nose now. His shoulders were broader, muscled; the planes of his face had become angled, the baby fat gone - he was clearly an adult now. He had missed out on the forces that had forged this man he held, and he would never be able to get that time back. It saddened him a great deal.

Obi-Wan was still clinging to him, doing nothing else than chanting his name, over and over and over again, as if he was fearful of losing Qui-Gon again if he stopped. The insecurity was still there, so that had remained the same. That was a small relief in some ways.

The two were so caught up in their reunion that it took two loud coughs before they remembered their surroundings. Obi-Wan disentangled himself from his master's arms with some reluctance, and turned to face the fallen Jedi. He wiped his eyes and waited, weary.

"I'm sure this is nice and all, but we still have a job to do."

Qui-Gon nodded, unfazed. "Yes, I know."

Obi-Wan stared back at him, then at Xanatos again. In the euphoria of seeing his master again after such a long separation, he had not put much thought as to why these two were together. Mutual arrangement? Convenient partnership? Impossible. Wasn't it? Yet ... They seemed at ease with each other. "How long have you been looking for me?"

"How long? Since we were seperated in Telos, of course! Do you honestly think I would have done something else after you were gone?"

He lowered his eyes, chastened, as heat stung his cheeks. He had indeed thought that. "What about the Temple?"

"The Temple is full of idiots," Xanatos murmured.

"Xani, please." Qui-Gon touched Obi-Wan's shoulder. "They didn't like it. They wanted me back for a mission."

"Master! You should have gone, you're in deep trouble, you might -" he was babbling.

"Padawan, my first duty is to the Jedi, true, but my true calling is teaching you. I won't let anyone stop that. I needed to find you, and I don't regret making that decision. Yoda was quite furious, I suppose, but he's used to my defiance. There was no real harm done, so don't worry."

He did worry though. An experienced Jedi such as Qui-Gon voluntarily withdrawing from the field of negotiation was probably a blow to Jedi missions. The resources in the Temple were always on the verge of being stretched thin, and Obi-Wan knew that the Council would have been more than furious.

"I wouldn't worry about it, Obi-Wan," Xanatos said airily. "The Council is full of irrational fools, so seeing Qui-Gon break out of programming was probably hilarious."

"Xanatos."

"What?" Pale blue eyes glimmered with feigned innocence. "They are fools."

"I seem to remember someone who wanted to be 'foolish'."

"I was touched in the head then," he said, the dismissal clear in his tone. "We all grow up."

Obi-Wan stared at them back and forth throughout this exchange. Xanatos had a wicked tongue on him, but there was none of the stinging anger that had always permeated his remarks to Qui-Gon; his words were mocking, but playful. His master, on the other hand, no longer spoke of Xanatos with wary caution, or barely hidden pain. He was exasperated, but fond; like a father dealing with a mouthy teenager. Their dynamic was completely different, and it scared him.

Xanatos must have noticed the look in his eyes because he shifted on his feet, throwing a look at Qui-Gon. "Things have changed, Obi-Wan."

"Have they?"

"We've resolved our differences."

"Oh." He should be glad. Yes, of course he was glad, but all of his previous feelings and securities were shattered. Despair, thick and sharp, choked him. Ben had assured him of his place in Qui-Gon
  11. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Obi-Wan. You left us hanging there JS, I can't wait to see if she lets Obi-Wan go.
  12. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    That was chilling! [face_plain] I hope whatever happens to her, happens soon! And Obi best come out of this okay! :mad:
  13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    SO THIS STORY IS FINALLY UPDATED AFTER WHAT 2 MONTHS DANG 8-}
  14. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    ahhh Xan-Man- not conceited or anything :D
  15. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sheila:
    Poor Obi-Wan. You left us hanging there JS, I can't wait to see if she lets Obi-Wan go.

Sorry for the cliffie, I didn't mean it to be intentional, I guess it turned out that way. :p As for Obi-Wan, well, that's all answered in the next post. ;)

Master:
    That was chilling! I hope whatever happens to her, happens soon! And Obi best come out of this okay!

[face_laugh] Don't worry, Obi-Wan's predicament will be solved, one way or the other. [face_devil]

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl
    :
    SO THIS STORY IS FINALLY UPDATED AFTER WHAT 2 MONTHS DANG

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yeah, I really shouldn't ever give out a time when I post, it's just not feasible to keep to a schedule. :p

PK:
    ahhh Xan-Man- not conceited or anything

[face_laugh] Darn straight! :p

Thanks for reading the post, everyone. Believe it or not, I've already written out the next half of the upcoming post. So I wrote Shi-Ara's fate. [face_devil] [face_devil] I settled for a simple solution that makes sense. :p You'll see what I mean in the next post.

All I have to do is write the last 1/2, and this will be ready to post! :eek: :eek: :eek: I really, really hope that can happen in two days. Yay!

Stay tuned ...

Only 4 more chapters left ;)
  16. GeithJiseo Jedi Master

star 4
    Great story, Jedi_Suzuran! :)
  17. GeithJiseo Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    GeithJiseo, thank you so much for reading this story! [face_love] Thank you for enjoying it, and for the up. :D

Postie time! The muses are definetely cooperating, since I posted so quickly. Shorter than usual, but hope you like it anyway. :p

So, the chapter many of you have been waiting for. The fate of Shi-Ara. [face_devil] [face_devil]

Enjoy!

Chapter XLVI

He could see his own face, pinched and twisted, in her eyes. He was gray; pale gray, dark gray, even a shimmering silver. He breathed in.

One beat. Two beats.

Fingers not decayed by age, by the Dark side, buried themselves in his long hair. The ginger strands gave her leverage as she wrenched him forward. Shi-Ara and he were of equal height now, he noted, even as his scalp tingled from her abuse. Two years ago, a lifetime ago, a galaxy ago, he had reached her shoulder.

Two more beats.

It began with the sound of breaking surf. He had seen the ocean a few times during his first padawan period. They had stopped at a water resort planet once, where scantily clad tourists pranced about compact plots of purple sand. The water had been green, the green of the Temple vegetable stew -

"It's the garden surprise, Obi!"

"Why's it called a surprise, Garen?"

"Ya really wanna know?"

"Um ... maybe not."

"Told ya so."

- and watching it had made his stomach turn just a little. The perpetual undulation of green breaking into spume had made the sight more palatable. The sound, the experience, had been even better. A lull in the universe, then a wash of noise.

Just like now.

A small ripple ...

"Are you sure this is the place?"

"As sure as Reeft will want for more food."

"Well, that's reassuring."

"Don't turn back now, Obi. You promised."

"I know, I know!"

... expansion ...

"Whaddya do with these?"

"Shake 'em?"

"Nah, that ain't right."

"How would you know?"

"Don't."

"Lemme hear!"

"... the grains come from Djinn ... given to every Crèche child ... good learning -"

"I thought they were toys. No fair."

"Shh!"

"... confetti orbs ..."

... Undulation ...

" ... touch it. Think of the sand inside ..."

"I can move it!"

"Try the red!"

"... just a little concentration. You can draw pictures ... that's right ..."

... Breaking ...

"Take the balls, Obi. We can play with them."

Play with them. Play, play, play.

Out of the Crèche! Out of the Crèche ...

"Careful!"

One foot, two feet, one foot, two feet. Ouch! Tinkling, rolling sounds. Oh no, oh no!

"Here."

Here, here, here. So tall, so big ...

I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

"That's all right, little one ... wasn't looking ..."

... A wash of ...

That's all right, little one. That's all right.

Umph! ... Master! ... Ya really wanna know? ... Don't turn back now, Obi... confetti orbs ...no fair... no fair ... Master! ... Master! That's all right ... that's all right ... little one ... little one ... little ...

... noise.

He gasped, desperate to draw air into his lungs. Shaking himself free of her hold, he fell against his master. A moment later, he retched, sullying the kitchen floor. His head, dear Gods, his head felt normal. Obi-Wan wanted to cry.

Shi-Ara stumbled two paces back, knocking into Xanatos, who grabbed her. She panted, as affected as Obi-Wan, but showing more control.

"What happened?"

"I think Obi-Wan has become whole again. Is that not so, Kenobi?"

Qui-Gon's eyes softened with hope. "Is it true, Obi-Wan?"

Despite his best efforts, tears fell from his eyes. Everything was so clear, so vivid. He barely payed attention to them, the room was spinning so. He heard the ocean again and trembled. Two years, two long years ... it hurt so much. "Yes."

Xanatos looked back at the woman in his arms. "Are you all right, Shar?"

"No."

"I'll give you something to calm you down."

"I need nothing. You have what you wanted, Xani. Leave now."

Qui-Gon glared. "You're mad."

"Shar, I came aft
  19. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm starting to work on the next post. I want to finish it as soon as possible. Hopefully I can do that before DRL swallows me whole again. That'll start to happen next week, as I'm going back to school. :p

*crosses fingers* Hope I can do that.

3-4 chapters left!!!!! :eek: :D

Next chapter: Did you really think resolution would come so easily? Think back to the beginning, all is not as it seems.

It's time for the penultimate plot twist. [face_devil]
  20. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Suz!

I haven't replied in just about forever, but I've just finished catching up. Wonderful job - well worth the wait. Your descriptions were wonderful and the last part where Shi-Ara separated from Obi-Wan was great. I'll be looking forward to the next post and the "penultimate plot twist"!

Shaindl
  21. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    I was just about to praise you for what a wonderful way to end her reign of terror until I read your parting warning shot. :mad: *sighs* I suppose Xan goes mad after ending her life? Or maybe she is now possessing him? :p Guess I'll wait and see.
  22. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-Wan is free! Yeah! :D

I liked the way you handled Shi-Ara's fate and I am very curious about the little plot twist you have planned. It's great to have you back and updating this story again. :)
  23. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I guess there was no way he could let her live.
  24. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Yikes! :eek: Kinda sad for Shi-Ara, though. I guess I identify with her. [face_devil] [face_shocked] :p

So you've got a penultimate plot twist coming, huh? That's got my lil hobbit ears perked up. :p I'm wondering just how much you can toss in with just a handful of chapters left ... :D
  25. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Next chapter: Did you really think resolution would come so easily? Think back to the beginning, all is not as it seems.

It's time for the penultimate plot twist

[face_shocked] what do u mean by this!? 8-} i'll have to wait and see i know
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.