For My Soul is Touched and I am Hollow (JA AU Obi/Qui/ now Xan) COMPLETE 5/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Suzuran, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    That post brought tears to my eyes JS , which may I say is not an easy thing to do. Having them try to hold on to the bond even though it was painful, only to have to relinquish that hold was heartbreaking. Even though it was terribly sad, I think there is much more hope now that they have stopped acting like nothing is wrong and Qui-Gon is finally giving Obi-Wan some of the support he so desperately needs. I hope they find out what is wrong with their bond soon.

Great job! :) :) :)
  2. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Up!

We want more! We want more! We want more!

:D :D
  3. Nikita Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heartwrenching! (did I spell that right?) It was definately what the doctor ordered! What is happening between that other Master and Obi? Is there a possible connection between them?

Waiting for more!

~*Nikita*~
  4. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    PK:
    It may be sad mush- but those two needed mush... and I love mush

Don't we all? :)

Cas:
    Angst and mush! Just what I love!

Ditto. :p And thanks for the up again! [face_love]

L_P:
    Awww...they are trying so hard too! Why does pain always have to ruin things???

Still worried about that other master...

Ahhh...mush is good

Indeed, mush is good. Glad you're still worried about the other master. [face_devil]

kikeriki;
    Oh my goodness! This is so wonderful! It brought tears to my eyes. You're an amazingly talented writer, JS!

[face_blush] That's the best compliment you could give me. Thank you. [face_love]

maramijade:
    Awww poor Obi wan, I'm glad for the physical bond though, that Qui is able to hug him and comfort him a little that way.

The writing is Great!!!

[face_blush] Thanks. They needed a bit of closeness. :)

Master:
    * runs off thread sobbing incoherently *

Hey, come back here, master! I didn't mean to upset you. :(

DOT;
    Suzuran, your making me contradict myself! With the Shi-Ara Tayuuri (who is soooo awesome) post, you had me in my Qui as Lunkhead mindset. And then you showed the kind of Qui, making me contradict myself! Its so great! I love ur writing. Its beautiful!

Thanks, DOT. :D

Arwen:
    :_|

*wraps keyboard in plastic wrap*

Very mushy!! Just what the doctor ordered!

Goodness, I didn't think that would be so angsty to all of you. Excellent. [face_devil] [face_devil]

Sheila:
    That post brought tears to my eyes JS , which may I say is not an easy thing to do. Having them try to hold on to the bond even though it was painful, only to have to relinquish that hold was heartbreaking. Even though it was terribly sad, I think there is much more hope now that they have stopped acting like nothing is wrong and Qui-Gon is finally giving Obi-Wan some of the support he so desperately needs. I hope they find out what is wrong with their bond soon.

[face_blush] Aw, thank you. :D As for the bond, the answer shall come, all in its own time. :D

Nikita:
    Heartwrenching! (did I spell that right?) It was definately what the doctor ordered! What is happening between that other Master and Obi? Is there a possible connection between them?

Thanks. A connection?
    [mysterious author voice] All in good time. [/mysterious author voice] [face_devil]

Okay, here is the post, at last!

Chapter VII

He felt awful when he woke up the next morning. His eyes were dry and itchy from crying, and his head hurt. Qui-Gon had eventually put him to bed, but he hadn't managed to get any sleep, images of the day screaming to be heard in the dregs of the night.

He dressed and made his way to the living room, where his master stood, frowning. What's wrong now? "Master?"

Qui-Gon looked at him, his eyes shuttered with anger. "Obi-Wan. Pack some things."

"Pack?"

A sigh. "We're going on a mission."

A mission? "Master, I thought we'd been taken off the roster, while this," he waved a hand between them, indicating the bond, "was figured out."

Another sigh. "I thought so too, padawan, but I was informed that I'm too valuable to be wasted here. I argued with them--"

I can just imagine how long that took,Obi-Wan thought, almost smiling.

"--but they wouldn't listen. I've never known the Council to be such stubborn fools. Even Yoda agreed with them. They think that a mission, a setting outside the Temple, would benefit our problem." Qui-Gon rubbed the bridge of his nose with two fingers.

"You-you're not sure, master?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'm not. Missions are always a danger, and there could be risks if we're not perfectly in tune with each other. I tried, and tried, but no. We're leaving in an hour."

"I'd better hurry and pack, then." He made his way to his room.

"Yes, you'd better." His master said quietly.

And the Council thought this was wise...how?

Obi-Wan s
  5. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Poor Obi-Wan's worrying himself so much over their bond - or lack thereof. 8-} It seems that the Council made a terrible mistake in sending them on this particular mission. The Council needs a good talking to. [face_devil]

Post more soon! :)
  6. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    What was the Council thinking? It would be one thing to send them on some safe innocuous mission, but to send them into the middle of a civil war that has raged for centuries. :mad:

Now poor Obi-Wan feels guilty and I have a feeling he is going to do something rash to make sure Qui-Gon is safe. :(

You are really doing a great job on both of your stories JS . More soon please. :)
  7. kikeriki Jedi Knight

star 1
    The despair and guilt of Obi-Wan are palpable, but all he sees is his supposed failure to help Qui-Gon. Heartwrenching stuff you've got here!

I love it! :)
  8. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice post! Poor Obi is beating himself up for Qui's injury. It's not his fault that the council consists of a bunch of losers!

More soon, please! :)

KenobisGirl :p
  9. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Well at least I didn't need an entire box of kleenex for this one! Where oh where are you going with this Padawan? ?[face_plain]
  10. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to quote another movie (with Ewan in it of course) to express why I feel the Council sent them. "Jeporady Jackson, Jeporady."

;) Put them in harms way and the bond will come from necessity. :D

Great stuff Suzuran!
  11. Cicci Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's so Obi-Wan to feel guilty for that. Just makes me want to hug him!

I got all worked up reading the first part, people like that, that show no respect for each other at all really get on my nerves!

Wonderful chapter, Suzuran!
  12. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan is gonna worry himself until he goes crazy! It's that weakness that the other master is gonna exploit..I know it! ;) Can't you tell I'm over suspicous? Or am I?

Can't wait til the next post!
  13. Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Knight

star 3
    Have I ever mentiones how realistic your writing is, Suzuran? Everything you write, no matter what type of writing it is... you write it so that its believable. I don't think i've read anything of yours that I could not see happening to that character. I mean, I can literally see young Obi beating himself mentally about how he couldnt communicate with Qui! Incredible!

~Dot
  14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    awe, poor Obi. Guilt tripping is never good

MORE!
  15. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Poor Obi-Wan.He's tired, his bond is incomplete so he feels lonely and now he has added the king of all guilt trips on top of it.
  16. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jedi_Suzuran
    this is a great story so far...
    poor Obi, always blaming himself....
    can't wait for more!

-s-wk
  17. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cas:
    Poor Obi-Wan's worrying himself so much over their bond - or lack thereof. It seems that the Council made a terrible mistake in sending them on this particular mission. The Council needs a good talking to.

Oh, they'll get a talking to. [face_devil] Thankee for the up! [face_love]

Sheila:
    What was the Council thinking? It would be one thing to send them on some safe innocuous mission, but to send them into the middle of a civil war that has raged for centuries.

Now poor Obi-Wan feels guilty and I have a feeling he is going to do something rash to make sure Qui-Gon is safe.

You are really doing a great job on both of your stories JS . More soon please.

Well, the Council was...trying to help. :p As for something rash [face_devil]

Thanks for the compliment. I was freaked that I had two stories going on, but so far everything is going well. Now if only that Xani plot bunny wouldn't torture me, I wouldn't be so darn tempted to take on a third. :_|

kikeriki:
    The despair and guilt of Obi-Wan are palpable, but all he sees is his supposed failure to help Qui-Gon. Heartwrenching stuff you've got here!

I love it!

Yes, Obi is going through the usual bout of angst. It ain't getting better. [face_devil]

KenobisGirl:
    Nice post! Poor Obi is beating himself up for Qui's injury. It's not his fault that the council consists of a bunch of losers!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Master:
    Well at least I didn't need an entire box of kleenex for this one! Where oh where are you going with this Padawan?

You don't think I'm actually going to tell you, do you? Must keep stuff under wraps. :D I have [face_devil] things planned. A bit of angst, among other things. ;)

maramijade:
    I'm going to quote another movie (with Ewan in it of course) to express why I feel the Council sent them. "Jeporady Jackson, Jeporady."

Put them in harms way and the bond will come from necessity.

Yep, that was what the Council thought too. Qui-Gon is going to *ahem* politely disagree. :D

Cicci:
    It's so Obi-Wan to feel guilty for that. Just makes me want to hug him!

I got all worked up reading the first part, people like that, that show no respect for each other at all really get on my nerves!

I can understand that, I hate people like that. [face_plain]

L_P:
    Obi-Wan is gonna worry himself until he goes crazy! It's that weakness that the other master is gonna exploit..I know it! Can't you tell I'm over suspicous? Or am I?

Mwahahahaha! Over suspicious is not a bad thing to be! :D

DOT:
    Have I ever mentiones how realistic your writing is, Suzuran? Everything you write, no matter what type of writing it is... you write it so that its believable. I don't think i've read anything of yours that I could not see happening to that character. I mean, I can literally see young Obi beating himself mentally about how he couldnt communicate with Qui! Incredible!

Aw, shucks, DOT. Thank you. :)

Arwen:
    awe, poor Obi. Guilt tripping is never good

The rallying cry of the boards. ;)

PK:
    Poor Obi-Wan.He's tired, his bond is incomplete so he feels lonely and now he has added the king of all guilt trips on top of it.

Yup, but it wouldn't be Obi if he didn't feel guilty. Afraid that feeling ain't gonna be gone anytime soon.

snowbee:
    Hey Jedi_Suzuran
    this is a great story so far...
    poor Obi, always blaming himself....
    can't wait for more!

*does crazy happy dance*

Yay, new reader! Thanks for reading this, snowbee!

Post is coming right up!
  19. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's the post! Don't think I'll have another one up until next week.

Happy Turkey day, all! :)

Chapter VIII

I should be enjoying this.

Obi-Wan stood next to Qui-Gon in the Council Chambers, giving their mission debriefing. Well, the Council had thought it would be a debriefing, but Qui-Gon had turned it into something...different.

He was ruthlessly raking them over the coals for their judgment, and he was sparing no words.

"...it was uncalled for. You all showed an appalling lack of regard for my padawan and I, by sending us to that forsaken planet. Obi-Wan and I could have been seriously hurt. I should be flattered, I suppose," Qui-Gon's tone dipped into heavy sarcasm, "that you consider me so invaluable in the field, but I fail to see how having one toasted Jedi Master would help the Order. My padawan and I deserved better treatment from you. Your assurance that we would be able to work out this puzzling problem between us should have stayed solid, no matter what. A planet full of immature, petulant, petty braggarts with nasty guns and intellects that have to struggle hard to match that of my shoe, should never have changed your promise..."

He should have been ashamed at such a display. His master was once again defying the Council, and skating very close to the edge of insult as well. He couldn't though. He agreed with him.

"...I did not want to have to say that, but the situation called for it. Your brains collectively went begging when you sent us to Sunn'lar. I said it before, when you gave me this mission. I'll say it again, in case you've forgotten, since Council duties do wear on the mind so." Qui-Gon stood taller. He had been asleep for a day on the transport to Coruscant, and he was feeling his old self. The shoulder injury was gone, as if it had never been, and he was well rested. He'd been planning his words ever since. "I will not accept a mission with my padawan while the bond is so unstable. Period. Do not force me to defy you completely, because you know I will. My first consideration is my padawan."

"And the Order?" Mace Windu spoke for the first time, face tight.

I didn't know that anyone could put so much sarcasm into their voice, Obi-Wan thought in wonder, as his Master answered. "I'm humbled that I'm considered so important. Nevertheless, the Order will not collapse in confusion because I refuse to go on a few missions. Next excuse?"

"They are not excuses, Master Jinn," Adi Gallia countered stiffly. "You are valuable in the field."

"So are a number of other masters and knights. They're actually better than I am, since they listen to you most of the time, while I do it some of the time. I repeat for the last time: my first concern is my padawan. I will not go on missions until our bond is stable."

Obi-Wan's heart eased at his master's quiet determination. I could have lost him because I got clumsy, but he still thinks I'm his first priority, even over the Order. I'm glad, master. I only wish I hadn't failed you...

"Master Jinn, I think--"

"No. No thinking, not from all of you. Thinking is what got us into this mess in the first place. No missions. You really don't want me to defy you completely, do you? It's not a pretty sight."

"And this is?" Master Poof asked.

"This is...a small warning." Qui-Gon bowed, and Obi-Wan did the same. "Thank you for your time." With a deep swirl of brown robe, he swept out of the chamber, head high, Obi-Wan on his heels.

When the doors closed, Qui-Gon looked to him, blue eyes rueful. "If you ever make it to Knighthood after such a display, padawan, it'll be a miracle."

He smiled. "Don't be sorry, master. You said everything that I wanted to say, and then some."

"Yes, the 'and then some' is what might hold you back. I'm a bit too rebellious for the Order. If the Sith still existed, I should have been one of them. They'd appreciate my stubborn streak." He grinned.

Obi-Wan felt a shiver run through him at ment
  20. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_plain] :( :_| * Runs off of thread sobbing again! *
  21. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Insecure, Obi-Wan is. I wonder if Shi-Ara is actually trying to come between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. She's doing a lovely job of making Obi-Wan feel worse.

22. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Cascadia are you reading my mind again- that's my thought exactly!
  23. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Great minds think alike, PK! ;) :D

EDIT: I called you 'KT' and have no idea why, PadawanKitara. :confused:
  24. kikeriki Jedi Knight

star 1
    *sobs* And the angst goes on...
  25. Cicci Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now don't go hiding among your self-destructive thoughts Obi-wan! That's exactly what Shi-Ara wants, isn't it?

*wanders off to sob a little*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.