main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For My Soul is Touched and I am Hollow (JA AU Obi/Qui/ now Xan) COMPLETE 5/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Suzuran, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    DRB sure cleared up nicely for you Padawan!Poor Obi-Wan! I'm almost afraid to ask but,my Xan isn't going to hurt poor little Obi when he shows up is he? :(

2. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Your Master is teaching you to well...

That was a wonderful post...poor Obi and Qui...

But right now I want to kick Qui's little butt...

That was sooooooooooo wrong how he just walked out on Obi like that...

Cant wait to read more...

PT

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    They're both hurting. :( So sad. But it is a wonderful post, Suzuran! :D

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That was wonderful JS ! Poor Obi-Wan doesn't feel like he does anything right. He was trying to confide in Qui-Gon, but then Qui-Gon turned it around and made it about him instead of about Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is still a child in this story, so it irks me that Qui-Gon doesn't act like the adult. He should be more concerned about Obi-Wan's feelings than his own. Instead he just made the kid feel guilty, how is that going to make Obi-Wan open up to him? :(

Great job. I am delighted that you decided to continue with this story and can't wait for more. :)

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    **points above**

Sheila's right. Qui-Gon needs to remember that comments like that are just going to upset a child. He is the one wh shouldn't be upset by Ob_wan's uncertainty about trust. Disappointed- sure, but not offended!

6. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  7. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Argh... how dare you stop there?! :mad: 8-} Great post, really emotional... I can't wait for more!

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe....:_| poor Qui!!!

9. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Great... Obi's blaming it on himself, and Lunkhead's blaming it on himself... theyre both stupid...

~Dot

10. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Lovely post, Suzuran. Very sad. I was a little annoyed by Qui-Gon's behavior, but I'm not going to go into that since Shelia already put it so well into words.

Shi-Ara really made Obi doubt himself. I'm just waiting for her next move...

11. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    obaona:
    Thanks. :)

Master:
    DRB sure cleared up nicely for you Padawan!Poor Obi-Wan! I'm almost afraid to ask but,my Xan isn't going to hurt poor little Obi when he shows up is he?

I'm not saying anything about that, master. [face_mischief]

PT:
    poor Obi and Qui...

But right now I want to kick Qui's little butt...

That was sooooooooooo wrong how he just walked out on Obi like that...

Well, he has a bad past. :)

Cas:
    They're both hurting. So sad.

Yes indeed.

Sheila:
    That was wonderful JS ! Poor Obi-Wan doesn't feel like he does anything right. He was trying to confide in Qui-Gon, but then Qui-Gon turned it around and made it about him instead of about Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is still a child in this story, so it irks me that Qui-Gon doesn't act like the adult. He should be more concerned about Obi-Wan's feelings than his own. Instead he just made the kid feel guilty, how is that going to make Obi-Wan open up to him?

Well, Qui-Gon, despite putting Melida/Daan behind him, is still smarting from past betrayal. His history with Xani is deep, and not so easy to forget.

PK:
    Sheila's right. Qui-Gon needs to remember that comments like that are just going to upset a child. He is the one wh shouldn't be upset by Ob_wan's uncertainty about trust. Disappointed- sure, but not offended!

*points to previous reply* ;)

kasiaskywalker:
    Thankee for the up. :D [face_love]

Tahiri:
    Argh... how dare you stop there?! Great post, really emotional... I can't wait for more!

Sorry, there's more coming. ;)

Arwen:
    Awe....:_| poor Qui!!!

Yes, indeed. [face_devil]

DOT:
    Great... Obi's blaming it on himself, and Lunkhead's blaming it on himself... theyre both stupid...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Cicci:
    Lovely post, Suzuran. Very sad. I was a little annoyed by Qui-Gon's behavior, but I'm not going to go into that since Shelia already put it so well into words.

Shi-Ara really made Obi doubt himself. I'm just waiting for her next move...

[face_devil] :D Oh, Shi-Ara is around... [face_mischief]

Hmm, your reactions to Qui-Gon's behavior was most interesting to read. :)

Working on a post right now, hopefully it'll be up soon. :D :D

12. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oh dear... That was intentional?! *Is creeped out* :eek:

Nice post. Poor Obi. Now's he's gone and hurt old Qui's feelings... (He deserves it!)

More soon, please!

KenobisGirl :p

13. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Oh dear..this isn't good. Qui-Gon wasn't helping there, sure he should be hurt, but he shouldn't shut out Obi-Wan like that. I hope he fixes that mistake soon.

Can't wait until Xanatos comes into the story a bit more (if he does), I think.

Awesome post!

14. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Still working on a post...

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    * drums fingers on top of computer* You know I have alot of time on my hands now Padawan.Hurry!You must entertain your Master! :D

16. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Hey, I'm not your personal clown! :p

If you want an entertaining image, PM me. Padawans aren't there to be amusing for their masters. :p

17. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Yay, I managed a post! :p

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Chapter XII

As he had expected, classes did not go well. Two of his teachers reprimanded him for daydreaming instead of answering the questions posed to him. Obi-Wan had apologized profusely, red-faced. He had not been daydreaming, but relieving the morning with Qui-Gon. He knew why he was hesitant to talk about the dream with Xanatos. It would undermine any security he felt in the relationship with his master. If Qui-Gon acknowledged that there was even a slight hint of truth in his dreams, which, to Obi-Wan, seemed highly prophetic, it would destroy him emotionally. He was filled with dead certainty about this.

He walked out of his last class, exhausted. He wanted to go back to bed, or back to his master. They needed to talk about a great many things. You should tell him about the dream. You should tell him.

Clutching his data pad close, he lowered his head as he made his way to their quarters. He tried to summon up some confidence. He really needed to set aside these silly insecurities.

You're holding yourself back. You're holding your master back...

He stopped in his tracks, stunned at the revelation. There was a great deal of truth in that thought. He had thought that Qui-Gon would be the majority of the problem, but maybe he was. Perhaps his insecurities were crippling the two of them, strangling the closeness that should be between them. Maybe he was holding them back.

Instead of horror or sadness, he felt relief. It may not be the answer to the problem, but at least it was something. Obi-Wan needed to be strong, as Qui-Gon was strong. He had allowed weakness of spirit to claim him, to bleed into the bond. No more. He would be strong, and they would overcome this. He began to walk again, his steps more determined. Yes, he definitely needed to tell Qui-Gon about his dream, and his feelings.

He was nearly to the lift when a voice called him. "Padawan Kenobi."

He turned to Master Shi-Ara. "Master."

She stared at him quizzically. "You look happy, padawan."

"I do?"

"Yes. You look very happy, happier than I've seen you."

Obi-Wan smiled brightly at her. He was happy, he realized. He may have found the breakthrough that he and his master needed. That definitely counted for a lot to him. "I guess I am."

The corner of her mouth tilted slightly upward. "I'm glad to hear it." She drew her fingertips down the soft alabaster of his cheek, lingering on the perfect cleft in his chin. "Your face is made for laughter."

He blushed. "Thank you."

"You looked to be in a hurry."

"Yes, I want to talk to my master."

"Is he not meditating now, my dear?"

Obi-Wan bit his lip. He'd forgotten about that. "Oh yes."

"I know that master Jinn likes his meditations. Would you like to take some tea with me, until fourth hour? Then you can go see him."

He considered. He didn't want to disturb his master during his communion with the Force; he had learned very early that it was a special time for him. "All right."

They walked to her quarters, a route that Obi-Wan was beginning to know very well. Shi-Ara palmed the door open, smiling sweetly at him over her shoulder as she went in first. He smiled back and stepped inside.

He stopped abruptly, his eyes widening in shock.

It was not, Qui-Gon reflected, very mature of him to walk out on Obi-Wan like that. Classes or not, he should have listened to his padawan. If Obi-Wan didn't trust him, it was his fault, not the boy's. He was the elder, the Master. He should be capable of listening. Perhaps Shi-Ara was right, and he lacked an ability to trust. It would explain a great deal.

He sighed, running a hand through his long hair. You need to keep your mouth shut when the boy comes back. Listen to him. If he still wants to talk, that is. He needs your support and wisdom, not your suspicions and hurt. He opened his eyes, br

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Obi's hiding something... I can sense it!!

MORE JS!!

19. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Um..hello??

You forgot the rest of the post here....Ya know the part on What Obi saw in the room....

great post though...and I would love to have more...PLEASE???

PT

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    It was Xan wasn't it Padawan? :eek:

21. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *is worried* [face_plain] 8-}

More, please? :D

22. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I don't know if I've said this, but I don't like this Shi-Ara. But, anyway, good post! Only, I'm really wondering what Obi-Wan saw in her room and what happened there that made Obi clam up on his master.

23. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Need more, Suzuran! Need more!

~Dot

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More!

25. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Arwen:
    Obi's hiding something... I can sense it!!

Perhaps. [face_mischief]

PT:
    You forgot the rest of the post here....Ya know the part on What Obi saw in the room....

[face_laugh] Sorry, PT. You're not getting answers yet. I gave you a tiny hint, but you haven't completely figured it out yet. ;) [face_devil]

Master:
    It was Xan wasn't it Padawan?

Uh, nope. :D :D :D Soon you shall know. :)

obaona:
    *is worried*

YOu have a right to be. :)

Cas:
    I don't know if I've said this, but I don't like this Shi-Ara.

You've said it. :) You're not alone, either. :p

Only, I'm really wondering what Obi-Wan saw in her room and what happened there that made Obi clam up on his master.

*points above* See reply to Master. :)

DOT:
    Need more, Suzuran! Need more!

Working on it, DOT, working on it. ;)

Jenny:
    More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Coming soon. :)

Working on a post right now, and I hope it'll be up soon. I want to get to a particularly evil place soon. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.