main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For Such a Time as This (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, others - very AU) - Author's Note 6/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Ocelotl_Nesto - The future is always in motion. There is still hope for Obi-Wan.

Valairy_Scot - There will be the usual annoying dirt, but mainly his association with Kitab is not going to help his crusade to keep the army from being used. I enjoy giving Anakin and Padme these happy little scenes.

smoke20ts - Once a podracer, always a podracer. Can't just expect him to go along with the flow.

OBI-LOVE - No, not really.

baru-chan - Thanks. Sorry to leave you in frustration. I think things are going to be a little tense for a while.

DountCooku - I overall enjoy the dynamic of Anakin feeling accepted and able to be who he is.

obsessedwithSW - Yoda and his connection as Anakin's master is going to become very important. I have Anakin as more serious, but he is still head-over-heels in love with Padme, and thus has to be somewhat geeky.

LadyLunas - I think this story expresses the dangers as well as the advantages of the Jedi having families. Knowing that the ones they care for are in danger really complicates things for these Jedi. For instance, we have Siri wanting to be a part of everything, but knowing she needs to keep her son safe.

Independence1776 - I still say that the Sith have no comprehension of how many Jedi they are and how entrenched they are where they will show up. They may be in for a surprise.

dianethx - I think the shared visions is also the Force's way of not having one bear the burden.

LOBO - I really see in this fic Anakin given license to embrace his destiny. He has been on Dantooine since nine years old, isolated from the galaxy except for the occasional visit to Naboo, and hasn't had missions of anything else to distract him from just studying the Force under Master Yoda.

VaderLVR - Boys will be boys and Anakin will be Anakin.

Healer_Leona - It's funny in some ways that what is holding Anakin and Padme back in this AU is Anakin. He knows that Padme might become a big target if their relationship becomes public knowledge.

Tatooine_Ghost - Thanks.

Gkilkenny - Yes, caution is advised.

PadawanKitara - Thanks so much.

Itachi-Uchiha - You know me. I love to keep everyone guessing.

bek - It may not matter what happens.

jaina_clan_solo - We can't have the Sith cooperating I guess, although it would be nice.

AngryWarrior - It happens.

Jaira - The Force has a special place in destiny for them, just as it did in canon. I've just switched things up a little.

tallzman - Thanks.

2. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I am working on this despite DRL's best attempts against it.

Chapter 69

?He was falling ? falling through darkness into an abyss below. Around him he saw bursts of fire and flame, like the molten bowels of hell he had heard described in the theology of many worlds. Still he fell, aware that only death awaited him below should he continue his decent.

The small group of younglings moved nearly in unison, Jedi master Cin Drallig voicing commands as he walked through the crowd. Some were children only visiting, their parents on retreat or business with the elders. Others were permanent residents of Dantooine. One stood out from the rest, well practiced despite his young age with near flawless form and bubbling energy.

Siri watched the exercise that Obi-Wan had gone through with Bren?an it seemed like countless times. She had been content to just sit back and watch father and son step through the kata side by side. To see their son now in the midst of the future of the Jedi Order brought back thoughts of simpler times when it was her among the younglings, when somewhere beyond this room, just as now, the burdens of the Force and the galaxy and matters of dark and light, were left to the masters and seasoned knights. Somewhere on Coruscant her husband and those she counted as closest to her were preparing for an attack, not of weapons, but of words and gossip and reputation. And then her father had left earlier in the morning, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead as he told her not to worry, which only meant that she should. Why was she here able to enjoy her son?s childhood when everyone else was in danger?

?Looks much like his father he does.?

Siri?s eyes widened, a blush creeping into her cheeks. She had been so absorbed in her thoughts that she had completely missed that one of the most powerful Jedi in galaxy was sitting at her side.

?Master Yoda,? she said, nodding her head as she offered a soft smile. ?You startled me.?

?Hmph.? The Jedi master studied her, thin lips pursed together. ?Distracted you were if sense me you did not.?

?Distracted is a good word.? Sleepy eyes widened slightly inviting her to continue. Accepting the inevitable, she pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs like an insecure little girl. ?I don?t suppose you will tell me where my father went?? No answer came. The ancient master?s ears drooped as he let out a deep sigh. ?He went to Telos, didn?t he?? she asked.

?Help those on Coruscant most we can by finding the identity of the Sith Master. Leads your father has.? Siri closed her eyes and released a rush of anxiety into the Force. They had lost several good knights on Telos already.

?A master?s presence is needed,? Yoda explained softly. ?Alone he is not.?

?Obi-Wan said that the senate is adjourned for two days. After that, the matter of the clone army will be brought before the senate. It is hard to be here,? Siri admitted. ?I feel like I am hiding.?

?Wise it was not to break the team on Coruscant apart. Needs you Obi-Wan does,? the ancient master said. ?Return Auren should as well.?

?I can?t take Bren?an back. Xanatos wanted to take him as an apprentice ??

?Stay here Bren?an can. The extra lessons, time with his agemates, do him good it will.?

The senators filling the arena all took their seats. It took discipline for Anakin to remain focused as he sat to the right and slightly behind Padme in her Senate pod. She had worn her hair up high again, and he had a good view of the long arch of her neck. Her perfume tickled his senses. He squeezed his eyes shut and focused on the room through the Force. The senate arena was the nexus of darkness, which left no doubt in his mind that the Sith master was in the Senate. As one of the most powerful Jedi ? the Chosen One ? shouldn?t he be able to snuff the presence out? Looking for darkness within the darkness, however, was the problem. The fear and corruption that ran rampant in the Senate was a perfect shroud.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Good job Anakin!

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan started to speak, but Siri pressed a finger to his lips.

?I thought you might need me, and I didn?t want to be away anymore.? A mischievous smile stretched her lips, and Obi-Wan was suddenly worried. ?That and there are the rumors circulating in the media that you sent me away because you and Padme are having an affair.?

Obi-Wan groaned. ?That one made it all the way to Dantooine?? He let out a chuckle. ?The media obviously doesn?t know you or Anakin very well. I would be a dead man if I even entertained such thoughts.?

?Damn right you would be,? Siri said before pressing her lips against her husband?s.

Yes, that's our Siri and Obi-Wan all right. What a treat to come home to after 2 weeks away.

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I am so glad Siri came to be with Obi-Wan , and I do not like those nightmares
    he is having.[face_love]

I hope Anakin finds the proof they need.[face_idea]

nice job.=D=

6. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    There is so much to like about this fic, especially the way in which you deftly weave so many intricate story elements together from update to update without getting too carried away with details or leaving any unresolved plot-holes which plague so many other fics.
    I enjoy your interpretation of each character and their relationships with other so much better than typical canon offerings, which makes this story very satisfying to read.

I look forward to more of the story, and I am interested to read what happens next.

Will Anakin discover the truth of all this?(?)

How will the chosen one react, and what choices will he make when the time comes?

Will the Jedi survive the treachery of the Sith, and how will the Republic be changed by the impending conflict?

Only time will tell...

7. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Glad the fight with DRL goes on, Noi! Thanks for the update. Hopefully the Jedi will be able to gather the evidence they need on the ol' Supreme Chancellor.

8. smoke20ts

smoke20ts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    I was glad to see Siri return to Coruscant. Obi-Wan certainly seemed to really need some extra support as things in the Senate get more and more complicated and hostile.

It also looks like Anakin is beginning to have some suspicions about Palpatine. I enjoyed his conversation with Yoda.

Well done!

9. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Suddenly, someone nudged roughly at his shields. Anakin pushed back strongly through the Force, sensing the surprise of the mysterious individual. A chill ran up his spine. The Sith master was sitting in this room, watching him. Uh-oh....

?You?re about to see ugly,? Padme whispered. In other words, welcome to politics, Anakin Skywalker.

As Anakin caught scanned the pandemonium surrounding him, he briefly caught sight of Chancellor Palpatine. The man was seated in his pod, seemingly undisturbed by the state of the senate. In face, a slight smile played across his face as he watched Mas Amedda to continue his plea for order. Gald Anakin's actually paying attention!

The nightmare had visited him every night -- the one where he was falling, nothing else, simply falling. It was likely just a manifestation of stress. Somehow, I don't think so.

A mischievous smile stretched her lips, and Obi-Wan was suddenly worried. ?That and there are the rumors circulating in the media that you sent me away because you and Padme are having an affair.? [face_laugh]

?Master, I am not a boy anymore,? Anakin offered with a grin, glad that he was separated from that gimmer stick by light years. I bet everyone away from Dantooine is!

?Please try to catch yourself if you fall,? Siri said as she snuggled up close to him again, glad that at least it wasn?t another vision. That will be harder than she thinks.

That dream worries me, especially the repitition.

Wonderful writing. =D=

10. OBI-LOVE

OBI-LOVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    Ominous nightmares...[face_worried] Glad that Siri's arms around him let him drift back to sleep so quickly. I'm sure there's more turmoil ahead for them, but together they can face it!=D=

11. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    ?Siri,? he whispered.

A head nuzzled into his neck from behind in response. He turned around and pulled her close, weariness draining from his as he held her in his arms.

?You were supposed to stay on Dantooine,? he chided gently.

?I?m happy to see you too,? she mumbled.

?You and Bren?an aren?t safe ??

?I came with Auren. Bren?an and Kara are still on Dantooine with Master Yoda and Shmi,? she interrupted. ?We will go back in a couple of weeks.?

Obi-Wan started to speak, but Siri pressed a finger to his lips.

?I thought you might need me, and I didn?t want to be away anymore.? A mischievous smile stretched her lips, and Obi-Wan was suddenly worried. ?That and there are the rumors circulating in the media that you sent me away because you and Padme are having an affair.?

Obi-Wan groaned. ?That one made it all the way to Dantooine?? He let out a chuckle. ?The media obviously doesn?t know you or Anakin very well. I would be a dead man if I even entertained such thoughts.?

?Damn right you would be,? Siri said before pressing her lips against her husband?s.

I loved this! Their love and dependence on each other is very evident. You always write the best SiriWan moments!

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job Anakin, sensing that it might be the Chancellor. I liked how the political machinations really pulled people together - Padme and Obi-Wan for example. LOL on the rumor about those two having an affair.

Wonderful.

LOL on Qui-Gon's snoring. Apparently, Liam snores so much his wife jabs him a lot. :p

13. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    Great update - Obi certainly needed the support.

14. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    I'm so glad your Anakin is so much more perceptive then his canon counterpart. It's good that he senses just how foul Palps is. [face_frustrated] I hope Siri and Obi-Wan keep their son as far away from Xanatos as possible. [face_worried] Although knowing me as well as you do I'm sure you know the possibilities running through my wee head. :p Great post.

15. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    WOW is all i can say. I read this all today and still WOW! So happy I stumbled upon this! Can you please add me to your PM list?

*still just wow-ed, lol*

16. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Another wonderful addition! =D=

There was no answer. Content in his wife?s arms, Obi-Wan had already drifted back to a deep sleep.

Siri seems to be just what the doctor ordered. :)

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Think he is the Sith Lord do you?? Yoda questioned. ?A grave accusation.?

?I don?t know, Master. I have nothing but a feeling that something is not right,? Anakin explained.

?Deceive you feelings can, Padawan.?

Yes of course, except in this case. I hope they can find the proof. Love Siri and Obi-Wan together. [face_love]

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?He was falling ? falling through darkness into an abyss below. Around him he saw bursts of fire and flame, like the molten bowels of hell he had heard described in the theology of many worlds. Still he fell, aware that only death awaited him below should he continue his decent.

?Wake up, Obi-Wan,? Siri called.

He stirred, her arms wrapped around him keeping him from falling off the sleepcouch.

?You were dreaming,? Siri said softly, reaching up to stroke her hand through his hair.

?I?m sorry,? he mumbled. ?I was falling.?

?Falling??

?Falling,? he whispered sleepily.

?Please try to catch yourself if you fall,? Siri said as she snuggled up close to him again, glad that at least it wasn?t another vision. ?Promise??

There was no answer. Content in his wife?s arms, Obi-Wan had already drifted back to a deep sleep.

Poor Obi-Wan! :_| Lovely chapter! =D=

19. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I can't tell you how relieved I am that Siri is back with Obi-wan at such a crucial time. Great chappie. :D

20. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Nice update, now time to rise this story to page 1.

21. tallzman

tallzman Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2006
    yes this is still one of the best AU out there. Cant wait for another update.

22. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    PadawanKitara - I think he's on to something.

Valairy_Scot - Obi-Wan needs someone around to lighten things up and hassle him.

Gkilkenny - You probably shouldn't like the nightmares he's having. I mean, what's the worst that could happen though. He's only falling.

LOBO - The Republic as all of our characters know it is about to change. We will see how all involved react.

DountCooku - I think they will eventually connect all the dots. The question is will they be able to do it before too much harm is done?

smoke20ts - Obi-Wan is really going to need Siri I think. And I think future events are only going to make Anakin more suspicious of Palpatine.

Independence1776 - I think I have established in this fic that nothing good ever comes of Obi-Wan's dreams. It is good that Anakin is on Palpatine's trail. I just wonder if he will be too late.

OBI-LOVE - Yes, hopefully they can face it.

obsessedwithSW - I loved reflecting that he was protesting her being there at the same time that he desperately wanted her there.

dianethx - I like including little things like the rumors about affairs just as a reminder that the media is in the background still plaguing them while they are trying work. And just had to include Qui-Gon snoring.

Kivas - And he's going to need it anymore.

Itachi-Uchiha - Oh, I'm sure you would just love to see Xan training Obi-Wan's son as a Sith. I think they will try to keep him away though. I can't say any of the Jedi have liked Palpy, but I think they are about to really start putting pieces together.

Ganki - Welcome to my imagination run wild. Glad to see you like the story.

bek - He's going to need to know she's there.

Healer_Leona - Here is some more Siriwan for you. I think Anakin will find his feelings are justified in time.

VaderLVR - I know. I'm too mean to him.

Jaira - He's going to need to know she's there.

AngryWarrior - Thanks for the up.

tallzman - Thanks and here's the update.

23. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Thank you so much for all who nominated this story for awards. I appreciate that you took the time to nominate.

It has been a while once again since I updated, so here is a bit longer of a post for you.

Chapter 70

Usually she wasn?t the early riser ? he was. But Siri?s body still seemed to be operating on Dantooine time. She had been awake for a couple of hours now. Even as the sky had brightened and the first rays of sun had filtered through the curtains she had been content to just watch him. There was a sweet vulnerability to her husband when he was sleeping, stretched out on his stomach with the pillow hugged beneath his body. He was still and almost childlike as though for a precious few moments he was able to abandon duty and forget about the burdens the Force had placed on him.

She watched over him, trying to release a growing sense of apprehension to the Force. It was no mystery where the feelings came from. Obi-Wan would be facing an inquiry and she was certain that at least several members of the committee planned to do everything possible to discredit him. She wondered if he felt it too ? of course he did. Bad feelings were his department, not that he would readily share if he was having them. For some silly reason, her husband with his overblown since of chivalry felt the need to protect her.

Siri let out a sigh, reluctant to wake Obi-Wan. She had at least done what she could to protect him ? keep watch over his dreams for the night and make sure he got some much needed rest. Since the nightmare and her gentle nudge in the Force to deepen his slumber, he had slept peacefully, almost as though he hadn?t slept much in days. She swept a few strays hairs from his face before drawing her fingers down his cheek and gently pressing a kiss to his forehead. That got him to stir, a content smile tugging at his lips.

?Good morning,? she said softly.

?Morning,? he mumbled sleepily. His eyes fluttered open, his gaze resting on her for a moment. She felt calloused but gentle fingers reach up and ghost her cheek, his thumb trailing down to rub against her lips. ?It wasn?t a dream. You are really here.?

With a mischievous smile, she leaned in close and whispered, ?If you thought last night was a dream, then I have to wonder what type of dreams you?ve been having while I was gone.?

With a laugh that seemed a bit reckless for him, he propped himself up on his elbow. ?You can prove to me it wasn?t.? His hand caressed the side of her face then slipped behind her neck. Drawing her closer, he captured her lips in a deep kiss. As she fought to catch her breath, fingers danced teasingly up her shoulder before lightly stroking her throat. Suddenly she stilled his wandering hands and pulled away before he could kiss her again, all the while cursing that he had to go and face an inquiry when he seemed to be in such a playful mood.

?What?s wrong?? he asked.

?You need to get ready to go or you will be late.?

?It?s still early,? he said with a smile. ?My alarm hasn?t even gone off yet.?

?And that?s probably because I reset it,? she admitted in a sort of groan as she waited for the backlash.

?You what??

He quickly sat up looking for a chrono, trying to get a sense of the time. Damn, there went the mood.

?It was set for some Force-forsaken hour and you needed your rest,? she said without apology.

?It was set early because Qui-Gon is coming for morning meal.?

?I know. He?s in the kitchen.? Siri couldn?t help but let out a loud laugh at the expression that crossed her husband?s face. He quickly shushed her as a slight blush set into his cheeks. ?I told him I was getting in last night; it?s not like he?s going to coming barging into our room or something,? she quickly assured him, pressing a finger to his lips to still yet another protest. ?You get a shower. I will go see if Qui-Gon needs help.?

?Okay,? Obi-Wan relented as he slipped out from beneath the covers. While he rummaged through one of the drawers in the dresser and retrieved his clothing

24. OBI-LOVE

OBI-LOVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    Wow, what a post! Obi-Wan better be OK, right?[face_praying] Qui-Gon and Siri to the rescue!

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You made my day with an update!

I love how you developed Siri and Obi-Wan's relationship over this story.

With a mischievous smile, she leaned in close and whispered, ?If you thought last night was a dream, then I have to wonder what type of dreams you?ve been having while I was gone.?

With a laugh that seemed a bit reckless for him, he propped himself up on his elbow. ?You can prove to me it wasn?t.? His hand caressed the side of her face then slipped behind her neck. Drawing her closer, he captured her lips in a deep kiss. As she fought to catch her breath, fingers danced teasingly up her shoulder before lightly stroking her throat. Suddenly she stilled his wandering hands and pulled away before he could kiss her again, all the while cursing that he had to go and face an inquiry when he seemed to be in such a playful mood.

You at least left us knowing that Obi-Wan is alive. Safe - harder to tell. The others - unknown.

This story deserves all its noms - and more. It's a wonderful story. Best of luck! [face_good_luck]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.