Saga For Such a Time as This (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, others - very AU) - Author's Note 6/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Tigris Force Ghost

star 4
    I love Qui-Gon and Yoda together, the description of how Qui stayed the same but also changed over time. Yay, they think Obi-Wan is ready for knighting. :) He seems really surprised. I'm glad Obi can talk to Yoda about his visions.

Nice job!
  2. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  3. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice post. Even if it was Jinn-centric. :p Obi and flying hum? Bet he's looking forward to that.
  4. jediGrace Jedi Padawan

I'm new here and I just got caught up with this. This seems like a very original story idea and very well written! I don't usually like such complete AUs but this one has me really interested.

I like the idea of Obi having visions. And force-sensitives that don't know they chould be jedi. And its nice that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are still together even though the rest of the world is so different. :) Great job!
  5. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay, Obi-Wan is going to be knighted. :D

The flashback with Qui-Gon and Yoda was cute and very typical of Qui-Gon. :D He hasn't changed much.

Great chapter, can't wait for more. :)
  6. maychorian Jedi Master

star 4
    :D Qui and Yoda! Wonderful flashback. Such an honest boy, but yes, set in his ways. Interesting contrast to Obi-Wan at the same age. I loved the present conversation between the two, as well. Yoda is wise and supportive, and Qui-Gon is concerned for his Padawan. [face_love] I love the easy comraderie between all three of them.
  7. Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Even though this is AU, Obi-wan still hates flying[face_laugh]
  8. AngryWarrior Jedi Knight

star 1
    Up...

Please post more soon!
  9. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    Koori I know, wishful thinking. :p

Kynstar Yeah, just wait until they get the dream in its entirety. [face_worried]

raisedbywolves

I still say he should watch his back around Adi but maybe I'm just being paranoid. Paranoia is welcome. You never know what I?m going to do. [face_devil]

Shadowolf

I love the flashback to Qui-Gon & Master Yoda, even as a young teen Qui-Gon had his own ideas about the Force and how he should work with it! Of course he did. [face_mischief]

Obi-Wan sounded so surprised about his potential knighting, doesn't he think he's ready? It?s just a big step for him.

P_A

Qui-Gon's concern, Obi's visions, Master Yoda's foresight - I love the tiny touches. Yep. They know something big is coming just don?t know what. [face_mischief]

Juliet316

The exchange between Qui - Gon and Yoda was poignant. Thanks. It is nice to see him ?somewhat? accepted for who he is.

But I hope this part wasn't a foreshadowing of Qui's death. Hopefully they will pay attention as the Force begins to speak to them more.

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

I liked how you got Cloak of Deception in to the story that was very unique. Yes, the Jedi Order is different, but galactic events are still unfolding.

Errine23

Please don't kill Qui-Gon. Obi would miss him ever so much. I can?t make any promises. But, I would feel really bad robbing Obi-Wan of yet another parent. :(

Layren Don?t worry. I know how it is to get behind.

Jedi_Tigris

I love Qui-Gon and Yoda together I had a lot of fun with that. I think that this Order is in some ways less confined which makes it a little easier for Qui-Gon ? but he?s still unique.

Kitara Thanks. :)

obi-ew

Even if it was Jinn-centric. Okay, today?s is more Obi-centric. :p

Obi and flying hum? Bet he's looking forward to that. Oh yeah ? he?s not too keen on flying in this universe either.

jediGrace

I don't usually like such complete AUs but this one has me really interested. Yeah, I?ve kind of messed up the GFFA here, but some things are still very much the same. Glad you are interested.

Jedikma

He hasn't changed much. Still the same old Qui-Gon.

maychorian

Such an honest boy, but yes, set in his ways. And not afraid to question a Jedi Master.

I think it is harder for Yoda in this universe to try to lead the Jedi, but be on Dantooine when they are away. He is more isolated from the galaxy than his counterpart in the normal universe.

Siri-Wan The poor guy lost both his parents in a transport accident and was nearly killed himself. I think he has reason to not like flying.

AngryWarrior Here?s more. :)
  10. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 9

It started as mere whispers drifting through the house, pleasant words of friends and colleagues speaking of the week, health, and families. As the conversation grew more serious, the tone grew tense as a rope being stretched tight ? neither side willing to give it slack. And as the voices grew louder, they invaded the sleep of the small boy slumbering upstairs in his room.

Though muted through the bedroom door, Obi-Wan could still make out some of what they were saying, not that a six year old boy would understand that deep issues of the Jedi Order were being challenged, a call for change issued. He just knew it was long past bedtime and he was now awake.

He slipped from his bed, planting small sleeper-covered feet on the soft rug that covered the floor and carefully tip-toed to the door. From there he could make out three voices. He instantly recognized the soft dulcet of his father, but with an edge and passion he had never heard before even when being reprimanded. Even the lilt of Master Qui-Gon?s normally calm and smooth baritone was sharp. He pushed the door open very slowly ? it squeaked from time to time and he didn?t want to get caught out of bed. He could hear the tension laced through harshly spoken words as clear as he could sense the discontent in the Force; it was the anger that scared him.

The hallway was dark, but he could see the warm glow of the lamps from the living room seeping up the stairs. He placed a foot on the first stair, dismayed that it began to groan as he added even his slight weight on it. He pulled his foot up, wondering if his father ever intended to fix those stairs. He eyed the banister and a mischievous thought took root. He grabbed the railing and swung one leg over the side and slowly began to lower himself along. He found he was picking up speed and despite his efforts to slow down and maintain balance, he soon slipped over the side, letting out a distressed cry as he hit the floor.

There was a pause in the voices, but it was his mother who seemed to get there first despite being in a sound sleep. He didn?t hear any creaking so wasn?t even sure she had touched any of the stairs on her way down. He felt a warm stroke along his face and a gentle probe for injuries through the Force.

?What happened?? It was his father?s voice. It grew nearer as his father knelt down next him and he forced his eyes open.

?I think he tried to slide down the banister.?

?Is he okay??

?Nothing is broken this time.? Kaiya gently brushed fingers through his hair, smiling warmly. He was fortunate to have a healer for a mother. ?But he?s going to have quite a knot on his head.?

Bren?an turned to his guests who had now gathered. Master Qui-Gon was expected. He was staying with the Kenobi family. Obi-Wan recognized the other as one of the elders, but couldn?t remember his name. ?I think we are going to have to pick this up some other time.?

?Of course. I hope Obi-Wan is okay.?

Kaiya pulled Obi-Wan into her lap before carrying him to the sofa as Bren?an showed the man to the door. ?Bren?an, could you get a bacta patch out of my pack,? she called from the living room.

As Kaiya pressed the patch to Obi-Wan?s head, Qui-Gon settled down to a nearby armchair. Bren?an remained standing, fixing stern eyes on his son.

?And what were you doing out of bed so late??

?You were angry,? Obi-Wan mumbled.

?Why did that worry you enough to get out of bed?? Bren?an asked, his expression softening.

?Anger leads to the Dark side.? Bren?an nearly crumbled under his son?s concerned gaze. It was unnerving sometimes that the boy had Kaiya?s eyes.

A snort from the arm chair where Qui-Gon was sitting drew Bren?an?s attention and he quickly looked over as Qui-Gon choked repeatedly trying to hold in the laughter that filled his eyes. Bren?an scowled before returning his attention to his son. He knelt down.

?Do you sense darkness in me Obi-Wan?? Bren?an asked as he loosened the shielding on his end of the bond he shared with his
  11. raisedbywolves Jedi Knight

star 2
    Heehee! First reply! [face_dancing]

I challenge you to think about it, Siri

[face_hypnotized] Whathuh?? I was soooo sure it would be Xanatos! Sneaky sneaky... not telling us who's talking! I had to go back and read this again so that I could imagine the dialogue in a woman's voice instead of a guy's.

Loved Qui-Gon pacing. I wish he were MY history prof.

Still great, still makin' me paranoid!

12. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We have two disagreements there - one from when Obi-Wan was young and I'm quite curious about what they were disagreeing about and one with Siri (she's sooooo Siri). I like how you layered the conversations and yet the last had no argument really at all.

Good job.
  13. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great work there with the Siri banter! :D

Wow one nearly could have a heart attack since the Council is in an agreement on a subject! :eek: Talk about miracles! [face_laugh]

Great job! :D
  14. ithesock Jedi Knight

star 2
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was Siri?! [Insane tidbit: 'Siri' means 'laugh', in my tongue. Heh.]Their verbal 'bashing' was so very well done. It had me gnashing my teeth. Bravo!

Oh, loved the flashback [:D don't I always?] - and little Obi who slides down banisters and falls down and gets a bump. I'm curious about what the argument was too.

Qui needing to walk all over the place during council meetings seems so much in character. And Corrar Tachi?! Whoa. Nice touch. :D
  15. Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was Siri! Haha. You had me surprised on that one. I was reading it saying, Hey she put Xan in here. I am happy she's in your story, even if her relationship with Obi-wan seems a little strained. Can't wait for more!!
  16. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Making the difficult member of the Elders Siri's father was the crowning touch- great job!
  17. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    =D= Another lovely chapter! [:D]
  18. maychorian Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, it was so nice to see Obi-Wan's parents. Though now I understand better what a tragedy it was to lose them. :( At first I thought that perhaps Bren'an and Qui-Gon were arguing, so I was glad to learn differently.

I thought maybe the arguer was Bruck. But Siri was much more interesting. :D

Keep it coming! If even the opponents agree that something's up, it must be.
  19. Errine23 Force Ghost

star 1
    I love the flashback to Obi's family.

And it's interesting to see the antagonastic relationship that Obi has with Siri.

Hope there is an update soon! I want to see Obi knighted!
  20. Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow! What a beautiful AU Master_Noi. You had me hooked from the very beginning [face_blush] and I had to read it straight through! Wonderfully crafted characters, unique premise and fabulous story telling =D=

Can't wait for more,
    Rogue
  21. DarthMousche Jedi Master

star 3
    What a great Siri pasage. I loved the baiting that goes on between her and Obi-Wan. You give it a nice edge here (as opposed to their playfulness in lighter stories), which suits the piece really well.

Of course, being the happy Siriwan I am, I like think she's just picking on him for not being around because she misses him. ;)
  22. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice look back at baby Obi. :) And Siri? o_O
  23. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan in feety pajamas. [face_blush] So sweet. I loved the post, Noi. Great job. =D=
  24. Koori Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very nice addition. I was most of the way through the first section before I realized he was talking to Siri.
  25. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Siri's here! :) I guess Qui-Gon has had about the same differences of opinion, so to speak, with Siri's father that Obi-Wan has with Siri.

I hope Obi's not getting in over his head with the Senate. He knows and understands the working of it and he is aware of the darkness within but is he really ready for it? I'm glad he and Qui-Gon have no intention of letting their bond go after Obi's Knighting. :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.