Saga For Such a Time as This (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, others - very AU) - Author's Note 6/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    First the Jedi have to regroup and that explosion isn't helping any. Then Xanatos is there to take back Coruscant from the Republic and the Jedi.

Lots of action in this post.

Great job. I actually felt bad for Crion!
  2. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    that was a fun post. You keep the Jedi from really establishing themselves, yet you keep the Sith from taking over too.

Nice to see the update.
  3. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Oh Garen. :( Still, a lost limb is better than life.

I fear that Corrar may find it more difficult to get back with that news then even he may anticipate. [face_good_luck]

Wonderful post. :D :D
  4. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I didn't get as far behind as I feared! :D

Loved this:

One held the highest position in the galaxy and the other held the heart of the Chosen One in her hand.

Simply gorgeous! =D=
  5. Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Knight

star 1
    Poor Garen. :_| Things look like they are going the Sith's way right now. Which means bad things for the heroes. [face_worried] And I for one don't feel a bit sorry for Crion. ;)
  6. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh noes! Don't let Garen die!

This is an absolutely wonderful story! Please add me to your PM list!
  7. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Poor Garen! I got chills reading that post.
  8. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Naboo ? the word pierced straight through Corrar. He knew only two individuals from Naboo influential enough to have any power. One held the highest position in the galaxy and the other held the heart of the Chosen One in her hand.

That is great line. Not a bad clue either.

I also really liked the scene with Byram & Garen.

Thankfully, everybody else seems to be relatively OK. Now we see how long that lasts once Xantos shows up.
  9. bek Force Ghost

star 4
    If losing his leg will save Garen, then perhaps Byram will be able to get them both out of there after all. [face_praying]

It sounds like they are all going to have a heck of time trying to find their way out of the rubble they're trapped beneath. Maybe Siri and Qui-Gon will somehow be able to help them.
  10. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, let the battle begin.
  11. Independence1776 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Garen! :_| But better disabled than dead.

?Jedi,? she repeated. ?I thought the Jedi and their great power were just legends. Then again, after that fall ?? She turned a skeptical glance toward Bail. ?You don?t seem the least bit surprised at all of this.? *snickers*

?That takes us into some ? rougher levels of Coruscant,? Bail replied.
    ?That shouldn?t be a problem,? Mace said.
    ?We aren?t far from the Temple. It would be a good place to wait while one of use goes for help,? Obi-Wan added.
    Smart thinking- and no, it shouldn't be.

It was time to take back what the Jedi had denied the Sith so long ago. Eep. Not good. Not good at all.
  12. Ice1605 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Aww, Garen died. Good chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
    Thanks for the PM!
  13. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Definitely good. Though I'm kind of vague on the point if Garen is dead or just loosing a crushed limb. Anyways, hope you update soon.
  14. Resolutions Force Ghost

Wonderful story! I love the relationship between obi-wan/anakin/qui-gon, that he trained obi-wan before going to look for anakin. Please add me onto your PM list.
  15. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    OBI-LOVE - The good guys are in a bit of a situation right now.

ratna - Byram had a difficult choice to make and things aren't over for him or Garen. Crion in his state of mind doesn't realize it but he just helped the Jedi out a lot.

Gkilkenny - Yeah, sorry to subject everyone to yet another use of a lightsaber, but the muse demanded it.

DountCooku - The separatists are on the move, but no one is really aware of that thanks to communications being down. Wonder where they are going.

Valairy_Scot - Yes, Corrar is now getting the whole picture.

dianethx - I can't decide which is worse - the explosion or no communications. Anyway, Coruscant is chaos which leaves the Separatists free to go wreck havoc on the galaxy.

Ocelotl_Nesto - I am sure the Sith won't be pleased to see who has happened to survive.

Healer_Leona - You may be right about Corrar having trouble getting back.

VaderLVR - Thanks. Naboo is factoring very highly in the fate of the galaxy.

Itachi_Uchiha - It's better than Garen dying at least ... maybe.

Lolly_Tolly - You will have to wait to see what happens with Garen. He's in bad shape right now.

PadawanKitara - I know. I'm evil.

LOBO - What everyone needs to do right now is regroup. There is way too much chaos.

bek - Garen and Byram are more stuck than anyone. Anakin and Padme managed to keep up high and visible and well, Obi-Wan and the gang can go down, but then they are in the lower levels of Coruscant.

Jaira - Yep.

Independence_1776 - Of course, when Xanatos talks about what the Jedi took from the Sith he means the whole galaxy so who knows where he may show up.

Ice1605 - Don't give up on Garen yet. He's still hanging in there.

MiralukaJedi - Garen is not dead ... at least not yet. So far, he has only lost a limb.

Resolutions - I enjoy the relationship between those three also.
  16. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    Once again, sorry it has been a long time. DRL just doesn't let up sometimes.

Chapter 73

The underbelly of Coruscant was a part most of the privileged of the city planet had never experienced. In the depths, it remained dark even during the day, light never penetrating. The laws made just levels above were seldom followed as the underbelly had laws of its own.

It was quite obvious the small band of senators were woefully out of place. If the way they carried themselves escaped notice, their attire, which spoke of wealth and privilege, certainly captivated the attention of those they passed by.

Bail found some comfort in the face that the three Jedi had formed a protective triangle around him and Mon. Obi-Wan showed no waiver in confidence as he led the way toward the old Jedi temple. A small group followed in their wake, still keeping their distance. Obi-Wan quickened his pace, only to find their way blocked.

The man was humanoid ? tall and wiry with a wicked scar cut across his face.

?Well, what do we have here?? he gloated as he perused the small group. His eyes settled on Obi-Wan. ?I think I?ve seen you before ? on the holonet ? you?re that senator that was being tried today.?

?You must be mistaken,? Obi-Wan offered. ?Now, I am having a very bad day, so if you will please allow us to pass ??

?You see, I?d like to do that ? really I would. Problem is I think you all might be worth quite a bit.?

A smile streched the man?s face, widening the scar and giving him an even more dangerous look as he pulled back the edges of his jacket to reveal twin blasters strapped to his hips.

?We are not who you think we are,? Obi-Wan said in a smooth tone. Bail couldn?t help but notice the slight wave of his friend?s fingers.

?You aren?t who I think you are.?

?You want to go have a drink and be on your way,? Obi-Wan continued.

?I want to go have a drink and be on my way,? the man murmured.

Bail?s eyes widened as the man started away, the group of followers they had gathered quickly dissipating.

Obi-Wan quickened his pace, leading the way until they stopped at what seemed to simply be a duracrete wall. Bail watched as he brushed some dust away from an inscription before pressing his hand firmly to the surface. As Obi-Wan closed his eyes, the wall rumbled and seemed to separate, allowing them passage. They all breathed a sigh of relief as the wall closed behind them.

?So, it?s true the stories I?ve heard about the ancient Jedi ? that they could brainwash others?? Mon Mothma asked.

?Suggestion only works on the weak-minded,? Mace explained. ?And it is not a skill that Jedi use frivolusly.?

?I am for one glad that Obi-Wan was able to ?talk? us out of that situation,? Bail offered placing a hand on Mon?s shoulder. She looked up at him, skepticism obvious in her eyes. He shot her his own pointed look that said they would talk later.

?Where are we going?? she asked.

?Up into the ancient Jedi Temple,? Obi-Wan explained. ?We all need rest and it will be a safe place to wait until we decide what to do next.?

?Should we not return to the Senate?? Mon asked.

?We don?t know if it is safe,? Bail replied. ?For all we know, whoever planned this attack could be waiting for survivors to show themselves.?

Panic.

If that was the purpose of the explosions, whoever caused them had succeeded.

The usually tidy lines of traffic that wound continuously through the city planet were in upheaval like a tangled ball of string. Loss of something as basic and essential as communication had in one moment reminded the residents of the city planet that the galaxy was a large place, and they were now cut off and isolated.

In time the citizens of Coruscant would demand to know who and why and take steps to sure up their security. But now there was only fear and anger, nourishment for the darkness that was already gorging itself on a feast of suffering and grief.

The darkness was thick and palpable to Qui-Gon. His skin crawled as he stepped onto The Avenue of the Core Founders, a usually peaceful plaza that h
  17. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    YESSS!!!! A new post!! A moment for us all to catch our breath before the next calamity strikes -- (I have a bad feeling about the incoming army....) So glad to see this up.
  18. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    First I go x-c skiing, then after that, I come home to this. Happy sigh. I am very pleased with this day so far.

So, Palps is "outed" to the Jedi, but a new army...not good. Not good at all.
  19. OBI-LOVE Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wonderful to have a post! Chaos everywhere and Palpatine in the thick of it. Not good, not good at all.[face_worried]
  20. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice. Looks like things are about to get interesting as the Sith prepare to implement their plan. Hope the Jedi are eventually about to counter them.
  21. nada_smith Jedi Knight

star 1
    The situation is getting more and more serious. Now there's a secret army! I hope our Jedi can still salvage this.

I was glad Qui-Gon and Obi-wan knew the other was alive because they would have felt otherwise. Still it must be very trying for them since there are a lot of things that can go wrong short of death and they have no way of knowing exactly what situation their loved ones are in.

I liked how you showed Mon's suspicions regarding the mindtrick. Sure, Jedi only use them sparingly and on the "weak-minded," but it is still a very worrisome thing seen from the outside. Especially for someone who knows about Jedi only from ancient history.

I had to laugh at Padme using an argument about her safety to gain Anakin's agreement. You know she would turn around and insist she would be perfectly safe on her own if she felt she needed to be somewhere else to do her duty. :p

Thanks for sharing again, Master Noi! This is still a great read!
  22. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    LIke others, I'm thrilled to see more. :D :D

Brainwash, is such a harsh term, though understandle for those that don't understand. NO doubt Mon and Bail will have many questions.

Yay that Anakin and Padme have been rescued and that the Jedi now have enough info to know who the Sith Lord is.

Excellent post Noi.
  23. Independence1776 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wonderful update!

Love Obi-Wan using the mind trick- much better than pulling out a lightsaber.

?Yeah, imagine that. He was watching via transmission from his office across the plaza.? Fortunate... for the Sith.

Never too late to do some good.

Padmé definitely has Anakin wrapped around her finger. :D
  24. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    Chaos has been set... Yoda is right the clones are going to get used.

I am still waiting for a Sith appearance.
  25. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well done on this. I liked how you structured it so that we knew what each group was doing and what they were going to do next. Liked that they figured out it was Palpatine's fault. The question remains whether they can stop him in time with the chaos of the explosions.

Great job.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.