main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For Such a Time as This (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, others - very AU) - Author's Note 6/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I just love the familiar relationships,it just makes everything else that much more intense. Too bad the cannon hadnt figured out how to do that.

2. smoke20ts

smoke20ts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    The pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place and the situation is getting even more chaotic. It had to be incredibly disturbing for the Jedi to get confirmation that the Republic is being led by a Sith.

Well done!

3. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Well, at least the Jedi have a little bit of warning this time around. A secret army, eh? I don't suppose anyone thought to check Kamino? ;)

Thanks for the update. This is good stuff!

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Lucky they could hide in the Jedi temple.
    So many possibilities and secrets could be in the temple.
    Great post Thanks.=D=

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It's alive!!!

I loved that post- a little bit of adventure, conspiracy and romance all thrown into one :)

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I really like the way you've taken Anakin in your story; he's an Anakin I can actually like. :) He's loving towards Padme without being too puppyish.

Can't wait for the next post. :)

7. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    It's been a while since I have enjoyed an AU as much as this one. I was a bit skeptical at first, I must admit. I wondered how you would balance the logistics of a secret Jedi Order. Maybe I'm totally crazy, but sometimes AUs with the best intentions but without a solid backstory and foundation are ruin to an otherwise excellent story notion. I also wasn't sure about Obi-Wan being in politics... you've convinced me.

I found it interesting that you chose Yoda instead of Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan as Anakin's master. It seemed so sudden in the story-line, especially since you'd previously written Obi-Wan's thoughts that Qui-Gon would certainly train Anakin after the initial time with Yoda. However, Yoda does appear to have been a steadying factor for Anakin, something that Qui-Gon likely would not have been, since Qui-Gon is such a maverick himself.

My only slight reservation with the story was that I found that Obi-Wan and Siri reconciled their intial differences and chose to marry, even if initially for political reasons, far too quickly. I would have likely to see more transition in their relationship, although I feel that you wrote their post-marriage relationship well and convincingly.

I have also enjoyed the way that you have incorporated infamous quotes from the canon films, sometimes even shuffling who said them. They give a small amount of versimilitude to the AU, and make me smile when I see them.

I have enjoyed reading this story for the past couple days, and look forward to future updates. Please add me to your PM list.

8. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    Great update - in come the clones -

9. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow! Awesome post! Palpatine would do well to not make his missing out on disasters so conspicuous next time. Besides, if he had been inside, he could have milked that as well....

Thanks for the PM!

10. Ice1605

Ice1605 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    Now we will see how the Jedi will react, now that they know that a Sith is in charge... if they can do anything about it, that is! Thanks for the PM!

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Excellent update! I love the direction this story is taking and your characterization is amazing.

=D=

12. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    One of the best things about this fic is that the plot is so well constructed that I have no trouble recalling the bulk of the story when an update is posted.

In this latest post, I can just imagine Palpatine sitting in a dark room somewhere with a wicked smile on his face & his fingers steepled while thinking to himself: "Excellent..."

13. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    It's good that Obi-Wan and his group made it to the Jedi Temple. They'll be able to rest and plan their next move without the threat of harm. I just hope they remember Garen and Byram. [face_worried]

And I think Anakin has met his match in Padme. :p

14. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Will we get another update sometime soon?[face_praying]

15. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    For all my wonderful readers,

I have not forgotten this story nor do I intend to abandon it. Since January when I last posted, RL has been really rough. I am currently taking a large class load through the middle of July and will begin teaching this fall.

As I get time, I will still be working on my stories, though between papers and other assignments, I don't know how much time I will have to write until August.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Noi

16. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    No worries Noi, your stories are SO worth waiting for!!

17. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Good story and I'll definitely will patiently wait for the next installment.

18. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Ohh, I absolutely love this story! Your characterization is perfect=D=
    Can you please add me to your PM-list (if there is one...)?[face_praying]

19. Dark_Philosopher

Dark_Philosopher Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2009
    Good luck with DRL, Master Noi. I've really enjoyed the story so far, and would appreciate it if you could add me to the PM list, if, as the previous poster mentioned, one exists.

20. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    You're story is incredible! =D= Having lurked since near the beginning [face_blush] I just saw this story again and "couldn't put it down". :D I'd like to be added to the PM list. [face_praying] DRL is always rearing his ugly head somewhere... [face_plain] I often deal with him myself. Take your time [:D] :)

21. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I just found this story and I'm enjoying it immensely! Please PM me when you update.

22. Katy-Beth

Katy-Beth Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    I found this story a few years ago and this was at least the third time I've now read it through. I'm usually a lurker, but I decided that after a third reading I need to at least do one post about how much I love this story. I love how you took such a completely AU backstory, and still have the general storyline from canon unfold so well. Also, the way you have woven beloved characters from the EU into it so well, some of them coming to the order by alternate means. The fact that Obi-Wan is a Senator is on one hand hilarious because of his disdain of politicians, but also works so well because of his diplomatic skill...he didn't get the nickname "The Negotiator" for nothing! ;)

The way Anakin grew up (a be totally away from Palpatine's notice and influence (b with his mother and (c not being an outsider when coming into the order has given him a much more open and stable personality. Also the way he and Padme kept in touch through the years has given them a better lead in and believable romance (also it seemed like every scene cut from AOTC was one were he was actually showing an interest in Padmes life and getting to know her instead of just hitting on her).

In many ways I also believe the way you have the Order survive in secret so far away from Coruscant has also made it stronger...they don't have to manuever politcally and aren't subjected to the whims of the Senate, which leaves it easier to do what Jedi do best, serve the force and help people. Also it seems like being forced to change so radically at the begining and then remain in hiding has made it harder to become complacent and rigid in their thinking, like they seemed to be in canon.

I know you posted that RL has given you little time to write...so here's to it clearing up some so you can get another chaper written!

23. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Upping for the newbies to find!

24. redder

redder Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2011
  25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Shall I slay DRL so you can return? I hope this cast on my wrist is capable of taking down even the most stubborn DLR issues -whap! Whack! Smash! Whoops...DRl is stronger than I thought. When I can wear long sleeves again, I shall roll them up and try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.