main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For Such a Time as This (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, others - very AU) - Author's Note 6/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I have seen this story I think on FF and now on here and finally decided to dive in...and am I Happy I did so! I have a long way to catch up: I just read chapter 22 (the back story of how Master Tachi met 2 year old Siri at the orphanage....sooo cute. Loved it.

And she being in Obi-wan's apartment when he had his latest vision.

It's so different seeing Obi-Wan as a senator...I like it. I like how you've given the Jedi various positions in the galaxy, and very fitting for their characters, too.

Like others early in the story, I'm a huge Siriwan fan and hope for friendship to grow between them and then something more...especially since attachments are not forbidden in your AU, but from what I read in your earlier reviews, you seem determined that it will not go that way...:(,

but I guess as I read further I will find out for sure...and hope...

I see that it's been quite a while since you updated....I hope you will update again soon...and I would like a PM when you do if you don't mind...

Awesome story...=D=

OK...have read further now and am doing a happy dance...[face_dancing] I love how you wrote Obi adn Siri's relationship...and it's ok if they look at it as a marriage of convenience right now...it will grow...

I don't know how long it's been since you've been here, but I hope you see this and will continue this awesome story....[face_praying]

2. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I know it has been a long time since I posted on this. DRL has kept me busy between family, work, and grad school. In addition, I broke my left hand two weeks ago and have been dealing with surgery and therapy. At least I am right-handed.

I have started reading back through this to catch up with the flow of the story, but I can't promise a timeframe for a next post.

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    So sorry to hear about your hand! Isn't DRL just horrible? Look forward to seeing more of this story whenever you have the chance, I know how hard it is to just find the time to write, sometimes :)

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    :( Alas...After 5 days of almost exclusive reading of this story (neglecting my own story I should be working on) I have finally caught up. Now, along with the many other readers patiently waiting for DRL to loosen it's grip on you, I must also now wait.

This story is on of the most gripping, awesome stories I've read in AU. Dittos to everything everyone has said about the interweaving of canon with the wonderful ways you placed the various Jedi in their positions in this story...and so appropriately placed...I can see everyone of the Jedi you placed in various careers going what they are doing in this.

and I LOVE the way you wrote Siri and Obi-Wan (I've said that before, I know), and Love their little boy, Bren'an. Please keep them all safe, I would love to see Obi-Wan come out of this whole story with his family safe and intact (including Qui-Gon and the other main characters).

Siri and Obi-Wan are so sweet together, everytime you've written a scene with them, I read with a big smile on my face. Love them.

I also love the way Anakin was raised in this AU and how much more balanced he is and his maturity concerning his relationship with Padme is so much better and more believable. I can believe in this AU he will bring balance to the force without becoming a sith lord first.

I wish the movies could have been written this way...oh well, we have this wonderful story.

I do hope your hand heals quickly (between you and Valairy...I swear..you epic writers really need to watch out for your writing hands... ;) ) and I hope DRL lets you have a moment soon to write a new chapter and continue this awesome, epic, fantastic, wonderful story.

Oh..did I mention that I really, really like this?

:D

5. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Am I still on your update list?

6. Taraisilwen

Taraisilwen Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2010
    Is also delurking to say that she loves this story. Hope you will continue with it :)

7. Siri-the-Vixen

Siri-the-Vixen Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2011
    Wow you are a master story teller and writer
    I read your story whenever i found the spare time and i just finily caught up and eagerly waiting for the next update.

Thou I'am wondering if you'll be including any of the character's from the animated tv clone wars series, for i do enjoy the brother sister like moments between Anakin and Ahsoka
    (skyguy&snips)Their sibling batter is just as good as Odi-wan's and Siri's batter in my humble option.

by the way the wan part of Obi-wan's name is sound effect of a dogs bark in Japanese
    so Obi-woof haha

8. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Noi, am I still on the update list? I need to know what happens next!

9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Update soon? This is a story too good to see die. Please, update soon...[face_praying]

10. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I second the emotion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.