main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For Such a Time as This (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, others - very AU) - Author's Note 6/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    You already know how much I loved this chapter. :D (Advantages of getting the sneak peak. :D )

Young Obi-Wan sneaking out of his room and falling off the bannistar was adorable. [face_love]

I confess I did guess it was Siri as soon as she started talking. Who else could rile Obi-Wan like that? :p I have a feeling their relationship is going to be a very interesting one. :D

Even more interesting is Siri's father was the one in disagreement with Obi-Wan's father. [face_thinking]

Love it, Noi!!! You're making it hard for me to wait for Mondays. :p

2. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I loved the flashback. Obi-Wan is so sweet, concerned for his father because he hears arguing. Wonder what they were arguing about?

That talk between Siri and Obi-Wan was nice! Didn't figure out it was Siri though, thought it was someone else.

Wow, the whole council of elders agree :eek: :p

Nice job! :)

3. astraevirgo

astraevirgo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    I was wondering when Siri would show up. As soon as I saw that this version of the Jedi Order allowed marriage, I was trying to figure out where Siri was and what it would take for babies. (After all, that *is* a duty in this new Order, right? ::looks devious::)

I really enjoy this AU... Obi-Wan as a diplomat turned career politician... Oh, yes, Obi is living out my dreams and that is just awesome.

Uh... write on?

4. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    raisedbywolves

I was soooo sure it would be Xanatos! Sneaky sneaky... not telling us who's talking! I had a lot of fun being sneaky with that. Funny that you thought it was Xanatos.

Loved Qui-Gon pacing. I wish he were MY history prof. It seemed natural. Wouldn?t he be a great prof?

diane

I'm quite curious about what they were disagreeing about. The Order is not in perfect harmony about some things, which I think makes a lot of sense as they are somewhat separated ? will come back to that later.

she's sooooo Siri Oh yes she is. [face_mischief]

Kynstar

Glad you liked the Siri banter ? it is so fun to write.

Talk about miracles! Yeah, it will probably be a short-lived miracle.

ithesock

Don?t look so shocked. :D And you can stop gnashing your teeth ? at least until Obi-Wan runs into her or her father again.

Oh, loved the flashback The flashbacks are fun. It is almost like telling a second story in a way.

Siri-Wan - Wow, someone else who thought it was Xanatos. :p You seem worried about the state of their relationship. [face_mischief]

Kitara ? You are going to find him to be a very interesting character I think.

VaderLVR ? Thanks. :)

maychorian

Though now I understand better what a tragedy it was to lose them. I plan to continue giving glimpses of them. And you will see more glimpses of Qui-Gon?s wife as well.

Errine23

I want to see Obi knighted! It?s coming. I promise. And I actually get to write a knighting where Qui-Gon is there. :)

Rogue_JediKnight ? Thanks so much. :) This bunny bit hard and I had to run with it.

DarthMousche

I loved the baiting that goes on between her and Obi-Wan. Baiting is always fun. They definitely have some differences in this AU. :p Probably something they inherited from their fathers.

obi-ew ? Don?t raise your eyebrow at me. :p You mean you weren?t secretly hoping to see her? Don?t worry. You will be pleased with some others that show up in this AU.

LuvEwan

Obi-Wan in feety pajamas. You have to love little Obi-Wan in feety pajamas. [face_love]

Koori ? Thanks. I was hoping to keep everyone guessing with Siri. I think it worked.

Bekah_K

I hope Obi's not getting in over his head with the Senate. He knows and understands the working of it and he is aware of the darkness within but is he really ready for it? I think he?s going to find it more difficult than he expects it to be. He has seen everything from a staff position and is used to working with those in his office, but he has never been right in the middle of all of it in a position of authority.

Jedikma

Young Obi-Wan sneaking out of his room and falling off the bannistar was adorable. I just couldn?t resist the idea of little Obi in sleeper pajamas doing something mischievous. [face_love]

Even more interesting is Siri's father was the one in disagreement with Obi-Wan's father. You haven?t seen the last of Corrar Tachi. :p

Jedi_Tigris

Obi-Wan is so sweet, concerned for his father because he hears arguing. That was for all parents who have had their words thrown back at them when they?ve least expected it. :D

astraevirgo

Obi-Wan as a diplomat turned career politician... Yeah, kind of different for him. Probably not where he was expecting the Force to lead him, but very important.

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 10

?Okay, forward stabilizers ??

Obi-Wan looked along the control panel, quickly pointing to the correct controls.

?Pitch ??

There was another correct identification. Bren?an smiled at his son and looked up at the tall Jedi master who was leaning over the pair.

?I don?t know Qui-Gon. I think we need to take him out in one of the older ships and get him flying while we?re on Dantooine this time.?

?You?ll do no such thing,? Kaiya chided, looking up from where she sat talking to Kara.

?He?s ready Kaiya.?

She rose from her seat, taking a few steps until she was at the entrance of the cockpit. ?He just turned thirteen years old! I don?t think he?s ready to handle a ship on his own.? She locked eyes with her husband, issuing a definite challenge.

?Dad would be with me.? She rolled her eyes at her son?s hopeful expression, smelling the beginnings of a male conspiracy. And as if on cue ?

?In the ancient Order, padawans were taught to take on many responsibilities far earlier than they are now,? Qui-Gon said. ?Thirteen years old was quite normal for flying.?

?I?d stay out of it, Qui-Gon.? Kara didn?t miss the mischievous twinkle in her husband?s blue eyes as he quickly retreated to stand by her as though seeking protection.

?What? I?m just defending my best friend.? He smiled and leaned forward giving her a quick peck on the lips.

?Eeewww.? Obi-Wan turned his eyes abruptly back to front view port, earning various snickers and smiles from the four adults aboard.

The ship lurched abruptly and all five occupants felt the vessel slow as a series of red lights lit up the control panel. Qui-Gon flew from Kara?s side, pushing Obi-Wan from the chair as he settled at the controls.

?We?re coming out of hyperspace.?

?I?ll go check the hyperdrive.? Bren?an, the more mechanically inclined of the two masters made his way to the engine room. A jolt of warning surged in the Force and an explosion shook the vessel adding harsh claxons to the array of flashing lights. Kaiya was immediately on her feet.

?Bren?an.? The name was murmured in a whisper as she grabbed her medical pack, stopping to make sure Obi-Wan was strapped into his seat before she ventured into the smoke filled rear of the transport.

?Mum??

?Are you okay??

Obi-Wan looked at the older man with a puzzled expression. ?What??

?I was talking about the forward stabilizers and you went blank on me.?

Obi-Wan blinked twice before looking back at the control panel. ?I?m sorry. I?m not terribly fond of flying.?

?How long has it been since you last piloted one of these things??

Obi-Wan pulled his eyes from the control panel and looked at the Jedi master again. ?Nearly two years.? He smiled casually. ?I was unable to avoid it this time.?

?You?ll do fine.? The Jedi master squeezed his shoulder. ?Take her up into space and get used to how she moves again.?

The master descended down the ladder and the canopy began to close on the fighter. Obi-Wan felt slight pressure in his ears as the canopy sealed and he was isolated from the sounds of the hangar. He was left with the low vibrations of engines and the humming of air circulators kicking in. He closed his eyes breathing in calm, jumping slightly at a loud rambling of beeps and chirps ? the astrometric droid.

He adjusted the headset more closely around his head. ?Yes, I?m ready.?

He followed his guides taking the fighter out of the hangar and lifted off, the hangar first growing smaller, blending into the training center, before all disappeared into the land mass of Dantooine?s northern hemisphere. He continued on, breaking orbit and putting more distance between the himself and the planet.

Obi-Wan had forgotten that there was something so peaceful about floating in the blackness of space. While he knew that the stars piercing the darkness of the expanse signified planets and millions of life forms, he sensed none of them. He was truly alone and felt an intriguing sense of calm and clarity ? he fe

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Garen! And a cocky, confident one at that! :D Seemed so odd to have them just meeting for the first time. I think Obi may need his help down the road. Wonderful job with the scene. =D=

I'm anxious for you know what. [face_whistling]

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Garen is so cheeky. Just what Obi-Wan needs. I love that you gave him a reason to hate flying. If he gets bad flashbacks on a regular basis, that would certainly explain it. For some reason, that flashback was so sad, maybe because it was happy at the beginning and edging towards despair near the end.

Good job.

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great seeing Garen!! Yep that's him all right! :D

Obi not liking flying still [face_love] gotta love it!! :D

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    aw garen! i love it when garen shows up!!

10. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Garen! And such a hot shot fighter pilot attitude, how great! Obi-Wan's characterization was just as spot on as always. I wonder how long it will take him to discuss what he saw through his trance/meditation with the elders?

Always a good read!

11. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Garen! I enjoyed how he talked his way into being Obi's chief of security.

12. Errine23

Errine23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 18, 2005
    Garen. Hmm...hot shot boy. I may like him yet!

Glad to see Obi still hates flying...but that he can do it anyway. :)

Can't wait for the next chapter!

13. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That flashback was so sad, especially since they were having fun before the accident. :( Good to see that Obi-Wan can still fly though, even though he really doesn't like doing it. Seems strange that this is the first time Obi-Wan and Garen meet. I like this Garen though, he looks like someone good for Obi, pushing him.

Great job! :)

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Garen and Obi-Wan together? Watch out Courascant!

I assume that the flashback is about his parents death.

15. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    And here I was, thinking it was Bruck.

playing catch up...

16. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    fantastic chapter! Yahoo Garen! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

I love this story.

wow, poor Obi--completely understandable why he dislikes piloting so much!:_|

17. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    He could see a blur of events unfolding, like threads woven into a vast tapestry of time. A flash of sitting in Senator Kitab?s office, the assassination attempt, even this very moment in the cockpit ? through the Force they were spun into a web, connected. He pressed further, following the fibers as each was knitted into place and his mind?s eye was met with a pair of glowing, red eyes. He jumped, inhaling sharply, shaking his mind from the trance-like state he had slipped into.

I really loved the description in that part. [face_love]

And loooooved the addition of Garen. Great job!

18. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Since I got to have the sneak peek on this chapter, you know my many comments. [face_mischief]

The passage LE picked out is the one that struck me, as well. Beautifully written. I like how you looked to the past, brought up the future and wove them together in the present. :)

And then we meet Garen. [face_love] I can tell already I'm going to like seeing him in this story. :D

I don't know what oe is anxious for, but I know what I'm anxious for. [face_whistling]

I think this story is going to have something for everyone. :D

19. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I know, I've been bad not commenting! But I am still here and reading every bit of the way! Anyhow, loved this part! Garen's here, yayness! :D Very happy for the fact. Can't wait to see what happens when the two of the them get on Coruscant.

Can't wait for more!

-Krystal

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Woo Hoo! A post! [face_dancing] Gotta love Obi! It's a law or something, isn't it?? More? Soon? Okay, I'm being greedy, I know. But [face_praying]

21. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    I've wanted to read this for quite a long time, but things just kept getting in the way. And now that I have ... WOW - amazing!

This is certainly one of the best AU fics I've come across. Hope you update soon!

22. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Ahh YAY! I love Garen. hehe :)

I hope the elders Knight Obi! [face_praying]

23. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Wonderful! I loved, loved, loved the flashback. Though I'm afraid that something bad is going to happen very quickly there, isn't it? :( Poor Obi-Wan!

Garen was great! I thought it was really cool when Obi became so lost in the Force that he couldn't even hear the com calls. :D Very like him. But those red eyes are not comforting at all. [face_worried]

Can't wait to see how this will go! You have some marvelous set-up here. Keep it coming!

24. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan :( And no wonder the poor dear hates flying with such a tragic, life altering memory associated with it :_| Beautiful transition from the past to the present Master_Noi.

It was rather humorous that everyone was convinced that Obi-Wan had completely freaked during his flight when in reality he was being handed a heaping plate of jumbled future, now he just has to figure out what it all means :eek: if that's even possible [face_worried]

And what a way for Garen to prove his worth :D He knows what he wants and just how to get it - lovely portrayal! And glad to see that Obi knows how to recognize the good ones too ;)

Wonderful job Master_Noi!
    Rogue

25. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Another great post! I like how you're gradually introducing one new character after another, slowly filling painting the picture of Obi-Wan's life, past and present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.