main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx For the Elders Of The Council - this is just painful...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Commander_Choad, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    It makes me want to cry

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

2. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    OUch that hurts... not quite as bad as the fact that Cherynobl is a "history" event for Maryna...

One other thought for the day... the american school system is so ... deteriorated... yeah that's a good word deteriorated... that Maryna has been told that Ukraine is in, Canada, Turkey, Great Brittan, just north of South Africa ohhh yeah, and near Brazil... SIGH!!! Did anyone stay awake through geography class? Do they offer it anymore?

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    no... the rest of the world just needs to know where we are. pretty sad huh...

if they were born in 1985, they probably have no recollection of the reagan era, no recollection of the challenger explosion or the alaska oil spill,and for them the cast of star trek includes Patrick Stewart, and SNL has always sucked and michael jackson has always been white.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    It didn't take that long for the Challenger thing to become lost.... :eek: :( I was in a "Modern US History" class about 6 years ago, where the professor and I were discussing the impact the Challenger explosion had on 80's culture, when one of the youngsters raised a hand and asked if that was "an airplane or something" :eek: :mad: :( :_|

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    if they were born in 1985, they probably have no recollection of the reagan era, no recollection of the challenger explosion or the alaska oil spill,and for them the cast of star trek includes Patrick Stewart, and SNL has always sucked and michael jackson has always been white.

oh no. my henchman, what are you saying??? :eek: while i agree with most of that, let me set the record straight...

1)picard is a sexy beast and kicks lame-ass-kirk's pansy ass any day of the week. every day of the week. MAKE IT SO baby, make it so...grrr...

and

2)SNL does not suck!!! Nor has it ever! Yes there have been times when it was not that great, but I have never ever thought it sucked, or have ever stopped watching it. And we are talking since the early 80's...(and some late 70's eps when i was able to sneak a peak at them while my parents were watching)....

6. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    19. They have never been able to find the "return" key.

I find myself telling my students to hit the return key, of course they can never find them, until I tell them it's the enter key.

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Am I the only one left who uses, "Show Codes" while writing a formatted document? :eek: [face_plain]

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    mmm... i remember wordstar -- knowing how to insert codes into documents to get formatting is a great headstart into learning HTML. besides, when you enter the codes, you know exactly how things will work, not like in Word where if you sometimes format a paragraph and then delete it, it might re-format the paragraph above it...
    wordstar was also Lestat's word processor of choice in anne rice's books.

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I am one of the final holdouts with WordPerfect! I CANNOT STAND WORD'S AUTOFORMATTING CRAP!!!! :mad:

10. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm soooooooooo old!

11. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    I [face_love] WordPerfect. But I'm forced to use MSWord.

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You know what the best part of WordPerfect is? You can open Word files in it without losing any formatting.... Hmmmmm, wonder why Word doesn't have that same ability? :p :mad:

13. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Only one part on why I liked WP more than Word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.