main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~-For the Future: A Han and Leia AU -~ COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aanix_Durray, Dec 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Gabri_Jade:

You go through all of that introspection, get us all set for some phenomenal emotional revelation between the two, then you stick blasters at their heads. I really should have seen that one coming by now.

Ah, it's my perogative, give a big emotional climax and then: weapons! :p

J_Girl:

Thanx :)

Jaina-Solo-Fel13:

I know you hate me by now because I've missed the past two posts. But I've been busy.

I don't hate yah, darlin', but I've missed yah :)

Anyway just caught up and WOW! SHOCKER! Anakin is HIS! I KNEW she'd never be with Isolder!!!!! oooh!!! And she and Han love each other. Well we already knew that they did, but now he's said it to her and she's said it to him...in a way. SWEET! Very sweet Aanix. I LOVE it!!!!!!

lol, glad you liked it :)

- - -

On to the bad news:

I've been a little sick lately and swamped with midterms, so Chapter 23 is being pushed back to a Tuesday post since it hasn't even been written yet. My sincere appologies, I've been trying to write it for a week and I don't want to do a half ass job so I'm going to set it down until I can do my best.

Hope I'm still loved :)

~Aanix

2. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    of course you're not hated. we just cant wait for another fabulous post! :D

3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Hope I'm still loved

Always, darlin'. ;) Take your time. :)

4. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    That's fine Aanix. Being ill is horrible, and I still love you! :D

5. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanx everyone for understanding. Now, good news: I've written both Chapter 23 and the Epilogue, so no more delays, we'll have Chapter 23 on Tuesday and the Epilogue on Friday :D

~Aanix

6. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
  7. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    :D for the posties!

:( for the impending end to this story. I'm gonna miss reading it :_|

8. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    What crystalrain said. :p

9. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanx everyone for you patience :)

Here you go...

Chapter 23:

Chewbacca griped the helm firmly as they came out of hyperspace, keeping the Falcon clean on course as she coasted into the Hodan system, her engines now quiet and calm, and her sensor wake covering the presence of the modified X-wing riding her tale, making her technically blind to its presence. However, Chewie had more than hunch about where the ugly little thing was, with its rather predictable Jedi Master keeping it locked in the Falcon?s left corner drain-void, where there wouldn?t be any friction from the fuel exhaust to slow down the craft.

This had not been Chewie?s idea of a good plan. He may have followed one or more of Han?s ridiculous ventures into a world of hurt, but in his mind that was completely different than attacking a large group of fanatics on a world about a billion light years from anything even he would call civilization. He had suggested getting the New Republic military involved, or at least the Hapans, despite the length of time it might take, but he?d been outnumbered by a short, toe-headed Jedi Master. Not one of his better hours, no doubt.

So here they were: engines off and running dead, gambling on some degree of surprise, on a three man rescue mission for their friends and family. The sentimentality of the whole thing was kind of funny, something Han would have no doubt found hilarious had he not actually been a part of the situation.

?You hear that?? Lando asked.

Chewie turned to look at his copilot and asked him what he was talking about.

?Nevermind, it?s probably just an engine hiccup,? Lando said, flipping the coolant value switch to settle the engines. ?Will you check the supply closet for me, this indicator light keeps blinking like there are parasites in it,? he continued, tapping the light a bit as if it would help.

Chewie nodded and switched main helm control to the copilot?s terminal before heading down the corridor towards the main supply closet. He?d never liked space parasites, they were the worst kind of rodents and they stunk like sweaty mynocks. Opening the munitions cabinet close by, he pulled out a blaster and set it to stun?they smell even worse when they?re dead. He opened the supply cabinet and pointed the blaster into the dark only to here a young kid?s voice say ?oh? as he flipped on the internal lights.

?Could you point that somewhere else, Chewie?? the Wookiee heard Jacen?s voice say from inside the closet as the kid, soon after joined by Anakin, stepped out of the closet and into the corridor.

Chewie glared at the two children from several feet above their heads, and watched as they sunk a bit in their stances and digressed into more humble postures under the shadow of his rather angry stare.

?Chewie, did you fix the?? Lando began, coming up the corridor from the cockpit. ?Holy son of a?? he mumbled, his gaze falling on the boys.

- - -

Leia?s hand grasped the comm.-link firmly and activated it as their captors realized that something was amiss. Watching as Han pulled the blaster out of the hands of the man behind him, she took deeps breaths, attempting to get the right frequency for the Falcon, and hoping the old bucket of bolts was in range.

The guard with his arm wrapped around her neck tightened his grip when he saw what she was doing, making it difficult for her to breathe as he struggled to get the comm. from her and disregarded his blaster in the attempt.

A second guard came to the aide of the first, training a blaster on Leia and yelling at her to drop the comm. as a third guard came up beside him.

Leia froze, her gaze falling onto the first guard?s discarded blaster as she calculated her options. One behind and two in front, she?d have to decommission the first before the other two could shoot, however that would prove a bit difficult considering the distance from herself to the weapon she so desperately needed. She straightened her posture, making to drop the comm. as the guard behind her loosened

10. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    *nabs first post* 8-}

Will read and reply now...

EDIT: Oooooooh, the suspense is building! Great postie! What's Leia going to do about being married?

*is very sad that there's not much of this story left* :_|

11. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Parasites? Is that a Fifth Element reference? Well done. :D

?Do me a favor, just put them back where you found them.?

Way to go Luke! Who says he can't be witty every once in a while? :p

Now, how are our heroes going to get out of trouble this time?

So many questions, so little story left to answer them. Great job as always, Aanix.

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Put them back where you found them. Loved that line. :)
    Things don't look good for Han and Leia.

13. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I, too, loved that put them back where you found them line. And I don't usually like Luke. ::runs as hoards of Luke fans crawl out of the woodwork with pitchforks::

Han and Leia seem to be in a bit of a pickle. Again. But, I'm hopeful. I actually just re-read the ROTJ novelization today and the part where they join hands when captured in the bunker seemed so bleak and un-hopeful. They made it through though. So, I'm hoping that this hand holding is another one of those situations where they come out on top. Come on. They're holding hands. You CAN'T make anything bad happen. ::hefts flame thrower:: I'll hold on to this just in case though.

14. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    Oooooooh! Do we get a new one THIS Friday too? That'd be sooo cool. GREAT POST! I love Han and Leia. *sigh*

15. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

I love all the action. I agree with the others, that line of Luke's made me smile. :) I love a good line!

J_Girl

16. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    crystalrain:

What's Leia going to do about being married?

This is actually something that the story isn't going to adress. One of my betas asked that question as well as some others and I'll wait till Chapter 24 (formally known as the Epilogue) is posted before answering any questions about what was and wasn't explained :)

*is very sad that there's not much of this story left*

*tear* It's kind of bittersweet for me as well. It's a great feeling of accomplishment, but I loved writing for this so much that it's going to be something I'll miss now. Luckily I'm going to do a revision and repost later on (with extra beta-ing, tightening the structure, adding chapters titles, amoung other things), so it's not over yet :)

Knight-Ander:

Parasites? Is that a Fifth Element reference? Well done.

Yay, another TFE fan! Dear lord I love that movie, a true cult classic IMO.

Way to go Luke! Who says he can't be witty every once in a while?

I know, what with all of the EU authors making him either to corny or too serious? I've seen very few give him some kind wit and maybe a lil charm. :)

RebelMom:

Things don't look good for Han and Leia.

When do they ever? ;)

RogueSticks:

I, too, loved that put them back where you found them line. And I don't usually like Luke. ::runs as hoards of Luke fans crawl out of the woodwork with pitchforks::

I'm actually not one of his biggest fans ever, either, so you're not alone.

I'll hold on to this just in case though.

**gives mischevious look** ;)

Jaina-Solo-Fel13:

Do we get a new one THIS Friday too? That'd be sooo cool.

Yep, Friday and then it's all over :( :)

J_Girl:

I love all the action.

Glad you liked it, I'm not so confident with it myself, but if you enjoyed it I guess my work is done :D

~Aanix

17. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Awesome chapter, Aanix_Durray! I'm glad to see you got the chance to update.

I loved how you slipped in Han and Leia holding hands when the guards encircled them. Comments like that always make a story for me!

Like many others, I'm sad this story is nearing its end. At the same time, I can't wait to see what happens, hehe! Great work--keep it up!

18. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    ::roughs Puggy up for saying this fic is almost near the end:: ENH! Don't ever say the 'e' word when two characters are being encircled by guards and the story really is nearing the....well....you know! It's bad luck! And it gives authors funny ideas! ::glares at Aanix:: BAD funny ideas.

19. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm late, aren't I? [face_blush] Well, it was a lovely post, Aanix. Add me to the group who loved Luke's 'Put them back where you found them' line. Can't wait to read the next chapter! :D

20. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    With things still up in the air at the end of Chapter 23, I am very intrigued to see how things get settled in the epilogue. Looking forward to tomorrow! :)

21. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    Puggy:

Like many others, I'm sad this story is nearing its end. At the same time, I can't wait to see what happens, hehe!

I'm sad it's ending too, but I loved the whole experience with all of you, so it's been a great time. I hope this last chapter will be a fitting end :)

RogueSticks:

::roughs Puggy up for saying this fic is almost near the end:: ENH! Don't ever say the 'e' word when two characters are being encircled by guards and the story really is nearing the....well....you know! It's bad luck! And it gives authors funny ideas! ::glares at Aanix:: BAD funny ideas.

**scolds RogueSticks** Now Rogue, you be nice to the other readers, and don't you glare at me :p

Gabri_Jade:

I'm late, aren't I?

Better later than never :)

Well, it was a lovely post, Aanix. Add me to the group who loved Luke's 'Put them back where you found them' line.

Thanx, I'm glad everyone liked that line so much :)

Solo_Fan:

With things still up in the air at the end of Chapter 23, I am very intrigued to see how things get settled in the epilogue.

Well then, without further adew...

Chapter 24:

Time had seemed to slow down. During the rescue, during those moments that they had stared down the barrels of the blasters before them and gripped each other?s hands as though life itself would let them go if they were to loosen their grip on each other. And then the shadow of the Millennium Falcon had covered them as cannon fire rained down in front, an X-wing following suite in it?s wake.

It had been surreal for Han as he stood there, the Falcon landing in front of him and his sons running out to meet him. He could still see the looks on Luke and Lando and Chewie?s faces as they came toward him and Leia in the clearing.

He hadn?t really woken up until nearly a week later, as he sat in the Hodan village, leaning up against a tree with Leia asleep in his lap and the warm bonfire raging several meters away as the Hodans danced around it. The New Republic had put an end to the harassment of their people by Han and Leia?s captors, and they hadn?t stopped celebrating since. It was then that he finally realized where he was, or rather, in a certain sense, who.

He?d been fighting for years, fighting time, fighting change. He wanted to live in a past which he could have, he wanted to go back and start over. He?d fought against everything that might change him because of pride and arrogance, and all he?d done was altered himself into some ridiculous old and useless man, full of nothing but anger and regret.

Fighting change only soured it. He had wanted things to stay the way they were and so he pulled away, escaping to the outskirts of the New Republic?s borders, far away from what he loved, into a situation he could control, the farthest from anything he?d have to care about as he could possibly manage.

And then he was there, existing in that controlled atmosphere where there was nothing for him to risk, nothing for him to gamble his emotions on, because Han Solo didn?t have them, he didn?t need them or want them so they were expelled long ago. So, if this was what he wanted, where was that contentment, that little ?I can live with this? feeling he had expected for so long?

He?s dwelled on the past for so many years that he hadn?t seen his future crumbled into dust around him, taking his present with it with every passing breath. He?d wanted to change what he?d done so many years ago, the mistakes, the foolish actions that had gotten him onto a Star Destroyer in the middle of nowhere reading data reports on clouds of inter-stellar dust that he couldn?t care less about.

Then he?d seen her again. He may have wanted to change the past, but he didn?t want to face it. He?d hated her, loathed every thought of her, if only too keep from wanted to rip his own heart out because it hurt like all nine Corellian Hells. And those feelings of affection creeping up on him were not helping his cause.

With all th

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *RM hands flowers to Aanix* Well done, girl. :)

23. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    *Clapclap*

Excellent story, Aanix_Durray. The ending was beautiful. I loved how you focused on Han's life and all he'd been through, without saying all the nity-grity details. The ending line was superb!

Great work, Aanix! Sad to see it's over, but I think you did a wonderul job.

24. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    *wipes tear from eye*

And so endeth a beautiful story, with a beautiful ending... :_| [face_love]

I'll miss this story... one of the first I ever replied to when I discovered these boards...

*is getting sentimental*

When I were a newbie... no, wait, I'm still a newbie... oh, well.

*realises she's not making any sense*

I just want to say :D [face_love] :_|

Great post!

25. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Perfect last line that explains fully the title of the story. Your introspective Han has been such a wonderful read. It may just have been a story, but I hope your Han has a very happy future (with Leia, Jacen, and Anakin, of course!.) I will definitely miss the weekly Friday updates.

Wonderful work, Aanix!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.