main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For the Love of the Queen-Story Completed (7/11) Special Note!!! (7/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    The Chronicles of Anakin's life on Naboo continue in this second installment of how his destiny changed when the Jedi refused to train him. My thanks to everyone who has decide to return as we continue on with this journey. As always, thoughts, comments and suggestions are always welcomed!

TITLE: For the Love of the Queen
    AUTHOR: JediMasterRev
    TIMEFRAME: 2.5 years before AotC
    CHARACTERS: Anakin, Padme/Queen Amidala, Obi-Wan, Sabe, Handmaidens, Count Dooku, Palpatine, Siri Tachi,Shmi & Cliegg Lars, the Jedi Exile and OCs.
    GENRE: Drama, Action, Romance, Adventure.
    SUMMARY: A pre-AotC AU. Sequel to the Naboo Chronicles. As events in the galaxy become more tumultuous, the call for Anakin to fulfill his destiny becomes even greater as he learns more of the mysteries of the Force and of himself.
    DISCLAIMER: It all belongs to GL. Just borrowing the car for a little while.

Many thanks to my beta reader Geo3 for all her help and wonderful insight!

Addendum: For those of you who are new to this series, I highly recommend reading The Naboo Chronicles so that you get all the pertinent background. However, if you are anxious to read FLQ, in summary, after the Jedi refused to train Anakin, he was given a great honor by the Naboo which allowed him to live there permanently. He's received a top education and has become close friends with Padme and her handmaidens. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan has gone behind the Council's back by training Anakin in the ways of the Force in secret. Anakin would go on to free his mother by winning another Podrace on Malastare and has foiled two attempts on Padme's life. Also, the Jedi Exile (from the KOTOR series), who was punished with the curse of immortality, was sent to Naboo by the Force to help Anakin and the Naboo as they build a new military to defend their sector of the galaxy.

Prologue:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Unrest is building within the galaxy as the once feeble outcries from the Outer Rim have formed into the growing faction calling for the dissolution of the Republic. Its leader, Count Dooku, has traveled tirelessly from system to system rallying further support. Most of the stalwart institutions of the Core, including the Jedi Order, paid little attention initially, have now become concerned about the growing influence of the Serreno Count; but have done little to squelch it. Several worlds loyal to the Republic such as Naboo, Malastare, Alderaan, Onderon and Kashyyyk have formed a cooperative to discuss how to best deal with the escalating tensions peacefully.

During the past three and a half years, Anakin Skywalker has grown both in body and in strength with the Force. His Master, the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, has continued to secretly train Anakin, but Obi-Wan's other duties, both to the Jedi and to his wife, have made their interactions fewer over time. Meanwhile, Anakin has become a brilliant military tactician and strategist under the tutelage of the Jedi Exile Ilianya Tro. Naboo's military has grown steadily. Ellise Bibble's starship designs were approved by the Royal Court shortly after the attempt on Queen Amidala's life. However, the first prototypes remain in development as numerous problems continue to plague the project.

Tensions have remained high between the Naboo and the Trade Federation, prompting Queen Amidala to initiate negotiations with the Mon Calamari in hope of exchanging technologies for the production of a capital ship fleet. Their dealings have been slow, but promising. And despite her vehement objections, Naboo's Parliament, voted to amend the constitution increasing the length of term in office from four to five years. The law was made retroactive, adding two additional years to Amidala's service.

While the Senate has become increasingly plagued with corruption, Chancellor Palpatine has taken full advantage of their greed and has covertly appropriated more power into his office. Meanwhile, as the Kamino clones near completion, and the

2. ShadowcatX-men

ShadowcatX-men Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2006
    Wow can't wait to read the rest. Good job

3. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, wonderful start and I?m working on trying to read ?Naboo Chronicles? and it?s moving forward, slowly (a lot slower then I like) but it?s going.

Anyway, please put me on the pm list for this one, thanks.

4. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I read Naboo Chronicles and liked it. If there is a PM list for this I would like to be on it

5. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Yay it's here. I've been waiting for this sequel to appear, so please pm me with the lastest chapter(s). Thanks so much. Oh and GREAT start.

Mo

6. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I quiver with anticipation for this next installment. I find it particularly interesting concerning Anakin and Obi-Wan's apparent lack of time together. No doubt this will spell conflict in the future for them.

Absolutly cannot wait to read more.:D

7. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    Oh right, you started the next story, fantastic MasterRev.
    I can't wait to see what has become of your AU Anakin.

see ya

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea! You started the sequel!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Looks like the storm clouds are gathering on the horizon...

An excellent beginning. =D=

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yay! Yay! Yay!

::dances::

It's finally here! Excellent prologue; this is going to be just as exciting as the Naboo Chronicles, if not more! :D Can't wait for the first chapter!

10. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    WHOOHOO!!

11. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    :D looks like a good start to me![face_peace]

12. JediMormon

JediMormon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2006
    I just posted a review for this on fanfiction.net, so I'll copy and paste it here with a few alterations.

From what you posted so far, this story is looking to be just as good or better than its predecessor and I'm looking forward to reading it. I see that Naboo is still working to develop a military and the idea that they may be obtaining some Mon Cal cruisers in the future is pretty cool.

Since he hasn't been expelled from the Order, I assume that Obi-Wan has managed to keep his marriage hidden from the Council? Wonder how long that will last? Also, will we be seeing Anakin's vision from the end of 'TNC' begin to come true in this story?

Looking forward to your next update!

~ The Mormon Jedi

P.S - I'd like to be on the P.M list if you make one.

13. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Whahoo! I am so glad to see the sequel getting started. I can't wait to read your first chapter.=D=

14. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Yay! The sequel's here!

I can't wait for chapter 1

15. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *squeaks* The sequel has begun! *cheers*

Awesome teaser, Rev! Sounds like everyone's quite busy! *grins* Mewonders how the Jedi are taking the fact that the one they rejected is now fast becoming a brilliant military figure. If the Clone Wars still occur, then they'll probably wish they had brought him into the Order. ;)

Great job!

AQ

16. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Add me to the pm list please!

17. Padmeshandmaiden

Padmeshandmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2006
    Finally! I have been pulling my hair out waiting for this. I can not wait to see the first chap.

18. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Yay! I can't wait for this story to really start!

19. Darth_Mongoulus

Darth_Mongoulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2005
    Yay! More good stuff from JediMasterRev.

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Please keep me on the PM list! I can't wait to see what's coming next! :D

21. WendyGage

WendyGage Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    This story looks good
    can you please put me on the pm list

22. purpleMonkeeForceUsa

purpleMonkeeForceUsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2002
    pm list me too please - I read Naboo Chronicles like in one go at ff.net, and I liked it too

23. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    To Everyone: My thanks to everyone who posted, both long time and new readers. I'm thrilled to know you all are excited about this new story. Now, without further ado we begin on the next leg of our journey. Everyone who requested to be PM'd has been added to the list. If I forgot you, please let me know. Here we go. Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 1: Orchestration

Darkness.

It filled the narrow passageways of his small transport as it did his soul. The light that once surrounded the man who was Sar Dooku was forever squelched by the void of emptiness occupied by Darth Tyranus.

His orders were simple: learn of Valkin?s progress. If he reported yet another failure, kill him. The Master?s plans for the ultimate weapon could ill afford further delay. This complicated matters for Tyranus because in the past few years, he had decided to train Valkin to use the dark arts. The Force had always been strong with Valkin and Dooku knew that when the time came to claim supremacy over Sidious, he could not do it alone.

He nearly laughed aloud at the thought, since he always had abhorred weakness in any form, even as a Jedi. How Qui-Gon became the compassionate man he was, Dooku never could quite figure it out. He had been hard on the boy during the early days, but his penchant for idealism cut through his own cynical perspective of the universe. Perhaps it was his former Padawan?s gentle nature that gave him hope for the future of the Order?

Angrily turning away from the viewport as those thoughts were a like pouring alcohol on an open wound, Tyranus stalked towards the helmsman who seemed to freeze under his glare. ?How much longer until we reach Xinthos Prime??

The man gulped. ?We will return to normal space within ten minutes, Milord.?

?Excellent,? Dooku responded. ?As soon as communications return, inform Lord Ord that I wish to see him at once.?

The air was charged with electricity as he approached the nondescript shuttle. Valkin didn?t need to be informed of the identity of her passenger. He knew all too well the powerful presence of his Master. Since his youth, Valkin had always wanted to learn to use the Force. He had been in awe of the power and the respect that the Jedi had commanded everywhere they ventured within the known galaxy. Although his own reputation was envied by most in his business, Valkin wanted the universe to look upon him similiarly.

He wanted to be loved and feared.

The Sith had offered Valkin the power to control his destiny and he had seized that opportunity. He found himself almost lusting for the knowledge that would bring him one step closer to achieving his plans.

All in due time.

He knew why Tyranus had come, and it was time to give him a taste of what he had accomplished.

?My lord, Count Dooku,? Valkin called out. ?It is an honor to receive you.?

?I am not here to exchange pleasantries, Valkin,? Dooku replied evenly. ?I have come to see if you are on schedule.?

He could not stop his arrogance from shooting a prideful look at Dooku. ?All is well. I am ready to demonstrate the model.?

?I hope so, for your sake. My Master has grown tired of your excuses.?

Valkin motioned for Dooku to follow him into the castle proper. Ordinarily, Dooku would have used the opportunity to impart some new knowledge of the dark powers. This time, his earnest manner and the fortress he had built around his feelings told Valkin that his Master was fearful of Sidious? reprisal if he reported another failure.

Without word they entered into another large hangar, which had been hidden and locked behind a magnetically sealed door. In the middle of the room sat a two-meter long, cylindrical object that had several bundles of wires running from it and into a rectangular fuel cell core. A set of technical droids scurried about the unit making last second preparations.

Valkin led Dooku inside a small control room, which he surrounded with a ray shield. Valkin shot a quick glance at the Count, wh

24. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, wonderful update.

We got to look into the life of everyone and I loved that.

Thanks for the pm and I?m looking forward to read more.

Oh, and I?m just curies, when are you going to update that other fic?

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love the way you write Count Dooku. I can just hear Christopher Lee?s voice saying his dialogue!

His lopsided grin appeared to fill us entire face as he quipped, ?I never realized how much you sound like Obi-Wan.?

Hee hee! Well? he does have a bit of a point there! :p

Padmé chortled. ?You know what would really be scary??

?What?? Anakin reluctantly asked.

?If I had his beard.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Interesting concept. :p

Excellent update, Master Rev! I can?t wait for more! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.