main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For the Love of the Queen-Story Completed (7/11) Special Note!!! (7/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Helen_Taft:

Wowowowowow! What an amazing chapter. I have to mention the lush scene setting and then that fight scene between Ilianya and Dooku?it was brilliantly depicted. What a twisty count he is pulling off a double blind like that.

Thank you so much. Growing up, I was a big fan of westerns and always loved those that paid great attention to detail. So I always imagine epic battles similarly. Glad you liked Dooku's little surprise.

Also, what kind of an evil cliffhanger is that you left us with???!! worried shock I need to know what is going to happen to Ilianya!

Well, I do have to leave you in a little suspense ;). I promise though we will learn soon what happens to Ilianya.

It was also great to see Obi-Wan so much in this chapter. love What can I say, you really have Obi-Wan down to a total T. Fab characterisation. Although after the last chapter, Jacen makes me itch for some reason, I suppose I still want to smack him for thinking of turning Obi in. *g*

Thank you so much. I really felt in AotC that Obi-Wan's characterization was really off. I think RotS did a better job, which was more indicative of the young, brash Jedi who is the king of understatement as we saw in TPM. I think a lot of people were turning off by him in AotC, which is a shame because he is quite the interesting character.

LMAO! Obi-Wan really is the master of understatement and does it with style. I seriously can?t wait for Obi-Wan to tangle with Jango (why does that sound weird, lol)

Round 1 is soon to commence.

Congratulations on an action-packed, chocka full of thrills ride. Now get writing! I need to know how Illianya, Anakin and Obi are going to get out of their various scrapes! Not to mention the looming threat to Naboo. Shoo. Write. Now!

Thank you very much. Glad you liked the action as we will have quite a bit more in these last few chapters. Hope you continue to enjoy. Speaking of updating, anxiously awaiting one from your beautifully crafted story!

CommanderK23: Thank you very much. I would think that even death wouldn't keep the Sith happy so i'd imagine them being quite menacing ghosts. Thanks for reading!

AngelQueen:

Great to see you back, my friend. Welcome back!

Ferus and Siri: *winces* Man, those two have been going through hell lately, and I'm rather worried about Ferus going to see Palpatine to confide in him. Even if Siri's seen what an idiot she's been over Dahlia, there's quite a breach between her and Ferus. One that Palpatine could probably exploit rather well, even with Dahlia gone. *shivers*

They've definitely had a rough time of it. Both seem rather susceptible to bad influences.

Ilianya: Eeek, no! She isn't going to die is she? Our dear Jedi Exile rules and I've become attached to her. I don't want her to die, not when she's just slowly beginning to see that she has a purpose for living again. *pleads*

You know me, I always have to make things interesting. More of Ilianya to follow.

Sabe and Obi-Wan: *coos* They being expecting a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyy! *squeaks* Aside from that, they should really be more private with their transmissions. They've been found out.

Much cuteness coming. And yes, they should learn to lock their doors.

Jaden: I can't help but feel sorry for the kid, you know. He's been thrust into the company of the heroes to whom EVERYTHING happens. I loved how when he thought that Sabe and Obi-Wan were lovers expecting a child and vowed to protect that from the Council, only to freak out when he found out that they were actually married. *pats him* Poor kid. This kind of thing wasn't in the fine print when he signed up to be a Jedi.

Talk about trial by fire. I agree with you that he has had a lot thrown in his direction. We'll see how he copes.

Anakin and Padme: *melts* These two rule as well, absolutely made of cool. grin I loved how they got a glimpse of what very well could be, Vader and whatever Anakin

2. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Chapter 25: The Rising Darkness

This was not good.

Obi-Wan risked a sideways glance over at his Padawan, who also was caught out of position by the hovering warrior. He sensed that their adversary was more than capable of cutting them down, despite their Force abilities. Surrender, though, was not an option. Obi-Wan knew Fett?s orders, and was actually surprised that he hadn?t killed them without warning.

Perhaps that would have gone against some outdated Mandalorian code of honor?

He would have to engage in an act of careful subterfuge if they were going to get out of this alive. Obi-Wan?s eyes drifted behind and to the right of the warrior where several crates filled with munitions rested.

?Don?t move, Jedi scum.?

Jaden

Master?

Count to three then get out of the way.

Do I even want to know what you are going to do?

Probably not.

Obi-Wan mentally counted along with his Padawan. He couldn?t help smiling as he recalled on many occasions how Qui-Gon?s harebrained schemes got them out of tight fixes. Hearing Jaden mentally count three then dash over the edge of the platform, Obi-Wan saw Fett turn in his direction to open fire. He quickly wrapped the Force around the containers and hurtled them at their airborne opponent. The Mandalorian groaned in shock when they struck and the power of the impact sent him hurtling into the rock face.

Jaden, who had been hanging off the edge of landing platform, jumped back up to join Obi-Wan, lightsaber activated. Obi-Wan brandished his weapon and the two Jedi positioned themselves, ready for the retaliatory attack. Oddly, it didn?t come.

?Where in the blazes did he go?? Jaden asked curiously.

Obi-Wan squinted as he carefully moved to where he had seen the warrior crash. ?I?m not sure.?

?Maybe he fell down the ravine? It?s quite a drop.? Jaden suggested, glancing over the side.

?Not likely,? Obi-Wan countered. ?In either case, we need to find alternate transportation.?

?You don?t suppose Lord Ord would mind loaning us one of his starfighters?? Jaden suggested with a mischievous grin.

Obi-Wan briefly scoffed. ?He probably would?but I?ll try to send him our apologies.? He then walked over to the remnants of their ship. ?Besides, he owes us a replacement anyway.? Surveying the damage, he remarked. ?Not much left.?

Jaden moved to the where the rear compartment had rested and knelt down. A moment later he popped up with a metallic case in hand. ?Master, do you want the good news or the bad news first??

Obi-Wan sighed loudly. ?I suppose the good news.?

?The hypercom terminal still works.?

?Excellent, we can make contact with the Council and get them to send help.?

?Well??

?What?? He asked, knowing what his Padawan was about to say.

?That?s part of the bad news. The hypercom transmitter was destroyed in the fire.?

?And here I thought things were looking up.?

Jaden look about the ship once more before he joined him. ?I think our plan to borrow a ship is our best option under the circumstances.?

Obi-Wan nodded in agreement. ?Let?s get moving.?

The Jedi ran towards the castle?s front entrance. About to enter inside, Obi-Wan abruptly stopped. Something was terribly wrong. He spun about, scanning the horizon for the growing warning he felt through the Force. Jaden shot him a concerned look. ?What?s wrong??

Obi-Wan took several steps towards the landing area. ?Something ?is coming.?

As if on cue, the wind howled, followed by the booming sound of retrothrusters. The ground quaked and the sky grew dim as the hull of a massive vessel blocked the Xinthonian star. Never before had Obi-Wan seen its like. Jaden tugged on his cloak to get his attention. ?I think we ought to get out of here, Master.?

?We need to find out what that ship is,? Obi-Wan shouted in reply. ?And her purpose.?

?I think that?s obvious,? Jaden sarcastically pointed out.

?I?m afraid our departure will have to wait until we can get more information.?

Jaden groaned, sagging

3. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    After this one, only 3 chapters and the epilogue remain.

*chokes* Really?! :eek: :eek: Wow...

And now the latest chapter:

Valkin Ord is an idiot. I'll say it right now. He's signed his own death warrant. It's just a matter of who will kill him first: Anakin, Padme, or the Naboo military. And also, he's compromised himself. He's been doing his works of evil that actually might have a chance at succeeding, but now he's allowing himself to get distracted because he has a crush on Padme? *eyeroll* Stupid bad guys. They always create their own downfall.:rolleyes:

But... Ilianya's dead. *sob* Not fair! Though, at least there is hope that she'll be able to appear to Anakin and offer him guidance at some point should he need it. Yes? No?

Also, that look that several of the Court gave Senator Mar? Would have totally fried birds in mid-flight. *snorts* He's a moron for presenting the idea as he did, but I can't help but think he does have a point. Removing Padme from power would, in theory, prevent her from signing a treaty that would have actual political weight. Not that I think Padme actually would sign any treaty. He could do whatever he wanted to her and she would not put her people in any danger.

Outstanding chapter, Rev! Great job! :)

4. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohh things are definitely not good at all, Padme being kidnapped, Tro being possibly dead and Ord being purely evil. I do hope Anakin can save her with out losing himself.

5. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    Oh wowowowow! I love how you have so much going on. It's like watching a really heart-pounding, nail-biting movie. I'm so glad that Ilianya managed to destroy the scepter and stop Dooku from using it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry she's dead, but you gave her a magnificent send-off! =D=

?Give back and I shall spare your life!?

She blinked several times before responding. ?How about neither of us have it?? Tyranus? jaw dropped as at the same moment, she slammed Ragnos? staff into the ground. The tomb began to quake violently, knocking them off their feet. The large stone columns that supported the roof cracked with sections of the ceiling failing about them. Sand from the desert floor abruptly began to pour inside, accumulating quickly.

?Are you insane? You?ll kill us both!?

?I?ve been prepared to die for centuries?. how about you??

Tyranus tore his eyes away from her and over to the crypt?s entrance, which was unobstructed, for the moment. At that same moment, Ilianya righted herself and folded her legs underneath her, waiting for the inevitable. ?There is no shame in running, Tyranus. There is still a chance for you.?

He seemed to consider her suggestion as he again shifted his eyes back and forth between the staff and the exit. Finally, the Sith climbed onto his feet and stumbled as he made his way out. The tremors grew more violent when he reached the doors. Surprisingly, he turned around and bowed. ?Die well, Exile.?

She bowed her head in reply. Ilianya had completed her final task and not a moment too soon. A large portion of the ceiling collapsed only meters in front of her. True, she had not been able to eliminate one of the Sith Lords, but she knew that was not her destiny. At long last, her penance was complete. No more tasks or missions were necessary to appease the Force.

It was over.

She could go home.

Ilianya closed her eyes, releasing herself into the endless eddies of the Force. It felt warm, filling her soul with the peace she had sought for eons. When the tomb finally imploded, the last thing she saw was a brilliant flash of white light.

At last, Ilianya was free.

*sob* So sad, but at least she gets to go home. I have to say she's been a brilliant character and you've totally brought her to life. I am a complete sucker for redemption characters, especially when they're done so superbly.

?Then that?s not true love.?

?Perhaps not.? Valkin then stood. ?But it will have to do.?

?I don?t understand.?

He released a deep sigh before pressing on a device on his wrist. ?I must have you and I will not be denied.?

Amidala tried to rise to her feet, but an ear-piercing screech forced her down onto her seat. The world grew dark as she futilely reached out for her attacker. ?What?s?. happening?. to me??

Valkin knelt down to face her. ?You are succumbing to the effects of a sonic inducer.? He reached up and tapped his ears. ?Implanted inhibitors?nobody ever scans for them anymore.? Valkin moved closer to her. ?Just relax, Your Highness. The more you fight it, the more painful it will be.?

The last thing Amidala remembered was Valkin?s smug expression before she blacked out.

As for Ord *Grr* I'm with the poster above--what is it with ego's needing their own personal audience and cheering squad--it gets them every time. I'm sooooooo looking forward to him getting his just deserts. Thanks for giving me someone I can love to hate. I hope his punishment is long and painful. [face_praying] [face_dancing]

GO Anakin go! Padme needs you!!

Brilliant chapter, Rev. You've out-done yourself with this one. I can't wait for the rest. [:D]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! I had a lot of catching up to do, but it was great being able to read so much at one time! :p

?Give back and I shall spare your life!?

She blinked several times before responding. ?How about neither of us have it?? Tyranus? jaw dropped as at the same moment, she slammed Ragnos? staff into the ground. The tomb began to quake violently, knocking them off their feet. The large stone columns that supported the roof cracked with sections of the ceiling failing about them. Sand from the desert floor abruptly began to pour inside, accumulating quickly.

?Are you insane? You?ll kill us both!?

?I?ve been prepared to die for centuries?. how about you??

Tyranus tore his eyes away from her and over to the crypt?s entrance, which was unobstructed, for the moment. At that same moment, Ilianya righted herself and folded her legs underneath her, waiting for the inevitable. ?There is no shame in running, Tyranus. There is still a chance for you.?

He seemed to consider her suggestion as he again shifted his eyes back and forth between the staff and the exit. Finally, the Sith climbed onto his feet and stumbled as he made his way out. The tremors grew more violent when he reached the doors. Surprisingly, he turned around and bowed. ?Die well, Exile.?

She bowed her head in reply. Ilianya had completed her final task and not a moment too soon. A large portion of the ceiling collapsed only meters in front of her. True, she had not been able to eliminate one of the Sith Lords, but she knew that was not her destiny. At long last, her penance was complete. No more tasks or missions were necessary to appease the Force.

It was over.

She could go home.

Amazing updates. =D=

7. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    AngelQueen:

Valkin Ord is an idiot. I'll say it right now. He's signed his own death warrant. It's just a matter of who will kill him first: Anakin, Padme, or the Naboo military. And also, he's compromised himself. He's been doing his works of evil that actually might have a chance at succeeding, but now he's allowing himself to get distracted because he has a crush on Padme? *eyeroll* Stupid bad guys. They always create their own downfall.

Greed gets them everytime. We shall soon learn of Lord Valkin's fate.

But... Ilianya's dead. *sob* Not fair! Though, at least there is hope that she'll be able to appear to Anakin and offer him guidance at some point should he need it. Yes? No?

Perhaps o_O

Also, that look that several of the Court gave Senator Mar? Would have totally fried birds in mid-flight. *snorts* He's a moron for presenting the idea as he did, but I can't help but think he does have a point. Removing Padme from power would, in theory, prevent her from signing a treaty that would have actual political weight. Not that I think Padme actually would sign any treaty. He could do whatever he wanted to her and she would not put her people in any danger.

He is not as clueless as we may think him to be. Keep this in mind for later. I think if he had been more credible, the others might have even contemplated it.

Thank you so much for reading!

FitJedi: A lot is happening. All will be resolved soon. Thanks for reading!

Helen_Taft:

Oh wowowowow! I love how you have so much going on. It's like watching a really heart-pounding, nail-biting movie. I'm so glad that Ilianya managed to destroy the scepter and stop Dooku from using it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry she's dead, but you gave her a magnificent send-off!

Thank you so much. I thought she needed an appropriate farewell. Thrilled you liked it!

*sob* So sad, but at least she gets to go home. I have to say she's been a brilliant character and you've totally brought her to life. I am a complete sucker for redemption characters, especially when they're done so superbly.

Thanks a bunch. Tro was an interesting character to deal with. Given there was some canon for her because of the KOTOR game, but after that, there wasn't too much so she almost felt more like an OC than anything else. I think she grew considerably since we first met her in NC.

As for Ord *Grr* I'm with the poster above--what is it with ego's needing their own personal audience and cheering squad--it gets them every time. I'm sooooooo looking forward to him getting his just deserts. Thanks for giving me someone I can love to hate. I hope his punishment is long and painful.

I think you are not alone in wishing him utter pain. I guess though that giant egos require a cheerleaders.

Thank you so much. Thrilled that you are still enjoying!

VaderLVR64: Glad you enjoyed catching up. Happy that you are still reading. Thanks so much!

Update coming in a few minutes

8. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Chapter 26: Machinations

Home had never looked better.

Sar Dooku limped inside his ornately decorated room, haphazardly throwing his cloak and lightsaber onto his bed. Making his way into the fresher, he saw in the mirror, for the first time, the extent of the damage caused by his encounter with the Exile. Dooku?s bottom lip was busted and his nose was noticeably off center. He winced as he carefully removed his tunic. The bruises on his torso confirmed his suspicion that at least one of his ribs, at the very least, was cracked.

And he was the lucky one.

Somewhere underneath the rubble of what had once been Marka Ragnos? tomb laid the remains of the legendary Jedi Exile. Even without her immortality, she had very nearly ended his life. Her mastery of the Force had been far superior than any Sar had ever witnessed in his long years. It was a pity that such an irreplaceable resource had been lost. Such was the way of things. Besides, he had other, more pressing concerns on his mind.

Sidious.

It would not be long before his Master discovered his whereabouts. Dooku didn?t want to contemplate what retribution the Dark Lord had planned for him. In escaping from the collapsing tomb, he might have only delayed the inevitable.

Patching himself up as best he could, Sar hobbled back into his bedroom. The only desire in his mind was sleep. He pulled the covers back and was preparing himself for another wave of pain that lying down would trigger when a disturbance in the Force made him abruptly stop.

It seemed he would not have to wait long for death.

It had come looking for him.

Realizing that he could offer no mountable resistance, Dooku didn?t bother to call for his lightsaber. At this point, Sidious? revenge would at least be an end to his pain. He found that oddly comforting. Gingerly following the dark beacon, Dooku rounded the corner to find his Master standing silently by the fireplace in his study. Lord Sidious? hood was uncharacteristically drawn down. Perhaps he wanted Dooku to look him in the face before he died.

?Lord Tyranus,? Sidious muttered.

?Master,? he acknowledged.

Sidious turned his head slowly towards Dooku. There were noticeable bags under his eyes. ?You should really have the med droids look at you.?

Dooku couldn?t move a muscle as the surprise of the Dark Lord?s concern. ?I will see to that as soon as I am able.?

Returning his sight towards the fireplace, Sidious said. ?Ordinarily, I would have killed you for your treachery, Tyranus.?

?I appreciate your mercy, my Lord.?

The Dark Lord scoffed, shaking his head. ?Believe me, kindness and generosity are not steadying my hand.?

Dooku looked down to notice him clench his fists. ?May I ask, then, what is??

?Practicality, my friend.? Sidious answered before moving over and sitting down on Dooku?s large leather chair. ?You are the leader of the Separatists and I can?t very well have you dead?. at least, not yet.?

?I suppose not,? Dooku responded, nervously tugging at his beard.

?Besides,? the Sith Master started, folding his hands in the shape of a steeple. ?Judging from the extent of your injuries, you were unsuccessful in your attempt to secure the knowledge of the staff from the Exile.?

?The Exile?is no more.?

?I know.?

?As is Ragnos? staff, I?d imagine.?

Dooku released a deep breath. ?Yes, my Master.?

?Perhaps?it was for the best.?

?My Lord??

?You said it yourself,? Sidious cocked his eyebrow. ?The Exile is gone and we needn?t worry about her involvement in our affairs.? A sly, wicked grin suddenly grew across his face. ?However, there are other routes to immortality than Ragnos? staff.?

Dooku?s mind was reeling.

He had expected everything else but this. He would have been elated but the aching in his chest forced him to sit down in the chair directly across from Sidious. Despite the momentary reprieve, Dooku was certain he would eventually answer for his crimes. ?I

9. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Hah! Look out Ord! The Naboo are on the case and they have Jedi friends on your ship! *cackles*

Great chapter, Rev! :) So Ellisé finally spilled the beans about her feelings for Anakin. *winces* Could she have picked a worse time to do so? At least she's been given fair warning that betraying Anakin and/or Padmé would possibly be a Stupid Thing to Do.

That aside, I do feel kind of sorry for her. On one level, Ellisé and Anakin are kindred spirits in their great love for building things and their instinctive understanding of all things mechanical. Still, Anakin's bond with Padmé overshadowed any relationship Anakin and Ellisé could have had. If things had been different, it might have been possible--emphasis on the might--for the two of them to have something. Alas, the Force has spoken on the matter. There are a little boy and girl who need their Mommy and Daddy to get together. :D

And then there's the matter of Siri and Ferus. I have to say that the state of their relationship worries me. That could possibly cause more trouble in the future, especially if Palpatine continues to cultivate his friendship with Ferus. You'd think the Council would sense that not all is well between Master and Padawan and would want to get that back on track first before thinking of sending Siri out to pursue Dahlia. *sighs and shakes head* Yet again, the Council's lack of comprehension amazes me. *headdesk*

Still maintaining that Ord is a walking dead man. ;) Now I'm just hoping that he won't take Anakin or Padmé with him. Or Obi-Wan or Jaden for that matter. *eyes Rev warily*

Again, outstanding chapter! I'm on the edge of my seat! :)

10. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohhhh excitement to say the least. I can't wait for the impending battle to take place. On the other hand I'm glad Anakin stood his ground about his feeling about padme to his little friend. Can't wait for the next update.

11. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Dooku?s bottom lip was busted and his nose was noticeably off center. He winced as he carefully removed his tunic. The bruises on his torso confirmed his suspicion that at least one of his ribs, at the very least, was cracked.

Somehow, I'm strugging to feel sorry for Dooku *g* I'm not surprised at Sidious taking him back though. After all, the Sith live and breath treachery, considering it natural. Crazy people! I love that Ord now has another enemy being sent to deal with him though. I'm hoping they kill each other--leaving Anakin to save Padme, lol.[face_dancing]

Poor Ferus and poor Siri. Their relationship reminds me a little of canon Anakin/Obi-Wan only in reverse: it's the master at fault for damaging the bond between them through poor judgement. All the same, I'm really looking forward to that confrontation between Siri and Dahlia--ooh the angst!!!

I'm definately despising Ord more and more and bow to your skills at making him such a charcter easily hateable *g*. I can definately feel the finale closing in and have to say how brilliantly you're keeping the tension up. There are so many things to bring together and each one crucial and emotionally tugging. I seriously can't wait for the rescue/confrontation. I just know it's going to be epic. Superb update, Rev!!=D==D==D==D==D=

12. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Whoa, thats a lot to catch up on! So much has happened! I hope Anakin can achieve his mission. And I liked that little spark of anger at the end there, that was different!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Agh! That was an intense chapter, Rev. I love the way you wrote the scene with Siri and Ferus; like what Helen said, it really does remind you of canon Anakin/Obi-Wan, but in reverse. Poor Siri and Ferus. :( Still, I can't wait to see the confrontation between Siri and Dahlia -- that will be one wild read, I'm sure! I can already feel the tension building.

And then we have Ord. Ord... I hate you! Still, I think I need to give him a piece of advice: don't mess with Anakin. Really... just, don't mess with Anakin. Unfortunately, that piece of advice has come a little bit too late, as Anakin's already on his way. I hope his mission goes well, but I get the feeling that you have another trick up your sleeve.

As for Ellisé... poor girl. I can understand why she would think Anakin would fall for her instead of Padme, as they are quite similar and do have a good relationship, but, at the end of the day, on Anakin's end, it's only platonic love as his relationship with Padme so strong it's nothing Ellisé could ever have. She will just have to come to terms with that... poor girl. She needs a hug. [:D]

I can't wait for the finale, Rev. You've written a stunning novel, and I'm sure the finale will be appropriately amazing! :D

=D=

~Idri

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Whoa! :eek: I'm gone for a couple of weeks and when I get the chance to catch up, I find that Tro is dead (unless you have a trick up your sleeve), Ord has taken Padme hostage and Ellise has confessed everything to Anakin. Talk about curve balls! LOL! Amazing updates, Rev! =D=

Ord has no idea what he's done. Anakin is a man on a mission now. However, that fact is also troubling. He's too close to this situation, and I hope his feelings for Padme don't cause him to do something stupid or rash. Sort of makes you see why the Jedi had that whole 'no attachment' thing going on. :p Also, I'm probably overthinking things, but I couldn't help but notice that Ellise assured Anakin that she would never do anything to hurt him. But she did say she is a loyal subject to the crown, so...

I actually felt a bit sorry for Ellise, though. It's hard to have feelings for someone who is also a close friend. Whether or not those feelings are returned, you always run the risk of losing that friendship if and when all the cards are laid out on the table.

And Siri and Ferus! :_| There has been so much damage done between them. Ferus' parting words make me think that there is hope for them to rebuild their Master/Padawan relationship. But trust is a hard thing to gain back once it's been lost.

Also, can't help but be worried for Obi-Wan and Jaden.

So update soon! :D

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Incredible update. This story never disappoints! I'd leave a longer review but I'm supposed to be working my yard right now. [face_shhh]

Loved it! =D=

16. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Angel Queen:

So Ellisé finally spilled the beans about her feelings for Anakin. *winces* Could she have picked a worse time to do so? At least she's been given fair warning that betraying Anakin and/or Padmé would possibly be a Stupid Thing to Do.

That aside, I do feel kind of sorry for her. On one level, Ellisé and Anakin are kindred spirits in their great love for building things and their instinctive understanding of all things mechanical. Still, Anakin's bond with Padmé overshadowed any relationship Anakin and Ellisé could have had. If things had been different, it might have been possible--emphasis on the might--for the two of them to have something. Alas, the Force has spoken on the matter. There are a little boy and girl who need their Mommy and Daddy to get together.

Talk about bad timing. I agree that while good friends have a lot they are in common with one another. It is something extra special that draw our favorite couple together. I'm afraid poor Ellise got caught in the middle of fate.

And then there's the matter of Siri and Ferus. I have to say that the state of their relationship worries me. That could possibly cause more trouble in the future, especially if Palpatine continues to cultivate his friendship with Ferus. You'd think the Council would sense that not all is well between Master and Padawan and would want to get that back on track first before thinking of sending Siri out to pursue Dahlia. *sighs and shakes head* Yet again, the Council's lack of comprehension amazes me. *headdesk*

It definitely doesn't look good for either of them. Also, the Council isn't making matters any better by their blindness.

Still maintaining that Ord is a walking dead man. Now I'm just hoping that he won't take Anakin or Padmé with him. Or Obi-Wan or Jaden for that matter. *eyes Rev warily*

Well, you know me, I'm always full of surprises. We shall learn of everyone's fates soon enough

Thanks for reading!

FitJedi: Glad to know that you are still enjoying things. There is definitely some major action coming very soon. Thanks for reading!

Helen_Taft:

Somehow, I'm strugging to feel sorry for Dooku *g* I'm not surprised at Sidious taking him back though. After all, the Sith live and breath treachery, considering it natural. Crazy people! I love that Ord now has another enemy being sent to deal with him though. I'm hoping they kill each other--leaving Anakin to save Padme, lol.

Even though they are evil, unfortunately, they are quite smart. Still, so many warring parties in one places is probably not a good idea either.

Poor Ferus and poor Siri. Their relationship reminds me a little of canon Anakin/Obi-Wan only in reverse: it's the master at fault for damaging the bond between them through poor judgement. All the same, I'm really looking forward to that confrontation between Siri and Dahlia--ooh the angst!!!

It should be a wonderful showdown, if and when it happens. Hopefully Siri and Ferus won't kill each other first.

I'm definitely despising Ord more and more and bow to your skills at making him such a character easily hateable *g*. I can definitely feel the finale closing in and have to say how brilliantly you're keeping the tension up. There are so many things to bring together and each one crucial and emotionally tugging. I seriously can't wait for the rescue/confrontation. I just know it's going to be epic. Superb update, Rev!

Thank you very much. Surprisingly, when I first thought about Valkin's character, I had originally made him a good guy with issues. I think though at this point that didn't happen and unlike our favorite Sith Lords, Valkin is just plain crazy. Thrilled that you are enjoying the tension. It should rise exponentially in the next chapter. Thanks so much for reading. Hope you enjoy the next installment.

Jedi_Master_Cazz: Happy to see that you got caught up. Glad you liked the little wrinkle to Anakin. I think the stress of the situation is finally getting to

17. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Chapter 27: Entanglements

The plan was risky.

Anakin groaned while shifting his weight while huddling over the Defiance?s holoviewer. For hours, he had been going over the potential jump points where Ord?s ship would have to come out of hyperspace to make their next to last course corrections to reach Naboo orbit. It had been decided that he would rendezvous with the gunship at the second to the last jump point; meanwhile, the Naboo armada would wait for him to emerge at the last one. Precise timing and calculations were required and if anything went wrong, they could miss the gunship and Ord would find Naboo defenseless.

Anakin had been able to block out his worry for Padmé, but as the time drew nearer to their departure, he found it difficult to concentrate. Not only did he fear for her safety, and that of the entire planet, but also he was concerned about Ellisé. Would his rejection cause her to do something rash? Could she really be trusted? Anakin attempted to locate another co-pilot, but there were none available since the entire navy was committed to the defense of Naboo.

Too much was being left to chance.

Knowing that he could do nothing to stack the odds in his favor, Anakin turned to a nearby panel to run yet another systems check. Doing anything with a ship was always a welcome distraction. If only something needed to be fixed. Anakin was not much for waiting.

He had been so lost in thought that he hadn?t sensed Sabé entering the compartment.

?Busy??

He jolted upright. ?You surprised me.?

?That?s a first,? Sabé replied with a wink. ?Is everything ready??

?Almost,? Anakin answered, returning his attention towards the control panel. ?A few more tests and we?ll be good to go.?

She nodded and then found an edge of a console, which she carefully leaned against. ?I wish I was going with you??

He paused his inspection of the ship?s electrical readout to smile at her. Like him, Sabé was one who preferred action than sitting idle. ?I know?but your job here is just as important. Can?t have the planet break into mass hysteria.?

?We?re fortunate that Princess Jamillia has been able to keep the situation secret, for the most part.?

Anakin dipped his head. ?After today though, they will know.?

A moment of silence hung in the air. He sensed her fear, and as brave as Sabé has always been, her resolve was faltering. Closing the distance between them, Anakin wrapped her in a friendly embrace. She began to sob.

?I could lose everyone who means the world to me.?

Anakin withdrew from her slightly. ?You won?t?I promise.?

Sabé?s tears grew more frequent. ?I can?t raise this child on my own?I don?t know what I would do if??

?Shhh?? he said soothingly. ?You are concentrating on the negatives. We must have faith that everything will work out as it is meant to.?

?How can you be so?.so?philosophical?? Sabé asked, pushing away from him. ?Isn?t the worry for Padmé?s safety tearing you up inside??

?Of course it is,? Anakin replied solemnly, turning away from her. ?But I can?t focus on that. I have to believe she is still unharmed.?

?I?m sorry, Anakin.? Sabé apologized. ?I didn?t mean??

He waved his hand dismissively. ?Believe me, I understand.? For the first time since he knew her, Sabé seemed at a loss for words. He didn?t need the Force to know what other thoughts plagued her, so he decided to distract her. ?Do me a favor??

?Anything.?

?Should anything?go wrong? there is a leather bound book on my desk.? He paused momentarily. ?Please see to it that Padmé gets it.?

?Nothing is going to happen to you,? Sabé demanded.

?Of course, my Captain.?

Sabé was going to say more, but Ellisé?s entry caused her to stop and glare.

?My Lord?Captain,? Ellisé acknowledged Sabé with obvious irritation.

?Lady Bibble,? Sabé responded, apparently not pleased with her interruption.

?Begging your pardons, but one of our scout ships along the gunship?s projected path just sight

18. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Uncertain of what he meant, but not caring, Padmé pressed further. ?History is laden with madman who were convinced that they knew what was best for the galaxy. Each and everyone one failed miserably, and they are now only footnotes in textbooks.?

?You will love me!? Valkin screeched.

Gazing at him dispassionately, Padmé shook her head. ?You are nothing, Ord.? She lifted her chin up defiantly. ?Nothing.?

You tell him Padmé! I loved that bit, so much courage in the face of pain, and a lunatic.:cool:

I had to laugh at poor Obi-Wan and Jaden running around the air ducts like mice in a cage as well--a well-timed bit of humour before things really heat up. Oh Yay! Anakin has arrived and Obi-Wan knows it. I?m getting all excited now?lovely tension building there.[face_dancing]

He turned to Jaden with a mirthful expression. ?I think the odds have just swing greatly in our favor.?

?How so?? he asked curiously.

?The Chosen One is here.?

At this point, I seriously can?t wait for Ord to get his butt kicked. If he wasn't crazy enough to want to rule the galaxy he thinks he can win Padme's love after torture. Loony.8-}

Jaden sighed as he watched the two. Somehow he knew that he wasn?t going to like this. It seemed that his fate might be decided by a Jedi reject.

Ack! I?m really not liking Jaden right now either. ?Jedi reject indeed? *sniff*

I loved the rescue, although you had me seriously worried over Ord?s complete lack of concern. Loved this bit?

Rubbing her wrists, Padmé forced a painful smile. ?I will be.? Turning towards Obi-Wan and his apprentice, she smiled happily. ?Why am I not surprised to see you here as well, Master Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan chuckled. ?The three of us do seem to have a knack for finding trouble.?

Oh no!!! Anakin don?t go the reactor core. Gah!

?He?s heading down to the main hangar.?

?He?s trying to run,? Jaden proudly smirked.

?No,? Obi-Wan responded with a grim expression. ?He just wants more room to kill us.?

?Then we should avoid him.?

?We can?t,? he insisted. ?That?s where Anakin was planning to hide Queen Amidala.?

?That?s...not good.?

?Let?s move,? Obi-Wan urged. ?If we get there first we can surprise him.?

?After you, Master.?

I have to say you have some great interaction here between Obi-Wan and Jaden, all the while keeping the excitement up and pace flowing.

And, what can I say about that cliffhanger?? Bravo. *bows* Brilliantly executed and totally evil!!

?Get to the ship!? he shouted.

Running towards the doors to get back to him, she screamed, ?I won?t leave you!?

Deflecting blaster shots with his lightsaber, Anakin waved his free hand in her direction, causing her to stop in place. At the same moment, the turbolift doors slammed shut. When the lift started moving up, Padmé felt the invisible barrier release. She slammed her fists on the doors.

?No!?

Argghhhhhh! I need the next chapter now!! =D= =D=

19. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    So much action going on, I'm loving it. I hope that Anakin and Padme can get to the ship and escape along with ObiWan and Jaden.

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ahhh! Amazing chapter, Rev -- incredibly intense. I can sense a big finale coming on. I loved Padme standing up to Ord, especially after this comment:

Heh. Right, Ord. Of course she will. Yeah. :rolleyes: After all, you are so ever loveable when you're yelling.

I just love the way you write him, Rev. You're making him so, so... hateable! 8-}

Really can't wait for them to get to Ord. You wrote a really nasty cliffy. More soon? [face_batting]

21. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Ahh! Cliffhanger of Dooooom! Poor Padme!

You're evil, Rev! But this kind of evil is awesome! [face_devil]

Loved that Anakin tried to clear the air with Ellise before the mission began. :D

I just hope Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Jaden, and Ellise make it off of Ord's ship okay, preferribly with Ord a corpse. *cackles*

22. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Ooooh! A Cliffhanger! *Dies* Great chapter JediMasterRev! Look forward to seeing how Anakin fares.

Cheers_Cazza@};-

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Really intense chapter! :eek:

?You are on a fool?s errand, Valkin.? Padmé admonished. ?The power you seek can never be properly wielded by one person alone.?

Ord growled as he rushed towards Padmé?s head. Slamming his hands down on the table in front of her, Valkin barked, ?You know nothing about true power, Amidala! You fret and you worry about your insignificant people when you have the means to conquer the entire galaxy.? He rose up. ?I think you to be the fool between the two of us.?

Uncertain of what he meant, but not caring, Padmé pressed further. ?History is laden with madman who were convinced that they knew what was best for the galaxy. Each and everyone one failed miserably, and they are now only footnotes in textbooks.?

Gazing at him dispassionately, Padmé shook her head. ?You are nothing, Ord.? She lifted her chin up defiantly. ?Nothing.?

=D=

24. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved it! =D=

I liked how Padme stood up to Ord. She is a strong woman, after all, and it's good to see her portrayed that way.

He leaned over the viewer with his elbow resting on his knees as an unsettled feeling was growing in his mind. After everything he had already accomplished, why didn?t she love him?

Wasn?t his magnificence enough?

This guy needs some sort of assertivenes class or something. He just has NO self-confidence. :rolleyes: :p

What worries me know is that Ord sort of has everyone where he wants them - separated. [face_worried]

25. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Helen_Taft:

You tell him Padmé! I loved that bit, so much courage in the face of pain, and a lunatic.

She isn't going to take his crap, lying down. ;)

I had to laugh at poor Obi-Wan and Jaden running around the air ducts like mice in a cage as well--a well-timed bit of humour before things really heat up. Oh Yay! Anakin has arrived and Obi-Wan knows it. I?m getting all excited now?lovely tension building there.

I'm glad you liked this part. I thought it was a good opportunity to see how much their team has grown over such a short time. Happy to know that the tension is coming along as well.

At this point, I seriously can?t wait for Ord to get his butt kicked. If he wasn't crazy enough to want to rule the galaxy he thinks he can win Padme's love after torture. Loony.

Yeah, I think he had one too many deathsticks. Should be an interesting matchup.

I have to say you have some great interaction here between Obi-Wan and Jaden, all the while keeping the excitement up and pace flowing.

And, what can I say about that cliffhanger?? Bravo. *bows* Brilliantly executed and totally evil!!

Thank you very much. It was an unintentional one. I realized that the chapter was way too long to post it all at once so I broke it off at a fun place. Glad you liked ;).

Never fear though...the next chapter should be up in a few.

FitJedi: Lots definitely happen. We shall learn soon of everyone's fate.

Idrelle_Miocovani:

Ahhh! Amazing chapter, Rev -- incredibly intense. I can sense a big finale coming on. I loved Padme standing up to Ord

I hope it doesn't disappoint.

After all, you are so ever loveable when you're yelling.

I just love the way you write him, Rev. You're making him so, so... hateable

Thank you so much. As you know, one always worries when using OCs that they will, not only fit in to the GFFA, but also are believable. Glad Valkin is the guy you love to hate.

Thanks so much for reading. Hope you enjoy this next installment.

AngelQueen:

Ahh! Cliffhanger of Dooooom! Poor Padme!

You're evil, Rev! But this kind of evil is awesome!

Thank you very much. I do like to keep you all in suspense.

I just hope Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Jaden, and Ellise make it off of Ord's ship okay, preferribly with Ord a corpse. *cackles*

All shall be revealed shortly.

Jedi_Master_Cazz:

Ooooh! A Cliffhanger! *Dies* Great chapter JediMasterRev! Look forward to seeing how Anakin fares.

Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy this next installment! Thanks for reading.

VaderLVR64: Thank so very much. Hope you enjoy!

Gina:

I liked how Padme stood up to Ord. She is a strong woman, after all, and it's good to see her portrayed that way.

Happy that you enjoyed this part. I've always seen her as the brash young Queen that led her people to freedom by storming her own palace. I don't think Leia got all her audacity from daddy ;).

This guy needs some sort of assertivenes class or something. He just has NO self-confidence.

Either that or some major uppers.

What worries me know is that Ord sort of has everyone where he wants them - separated. worried

That, potentially, could be a problem.

Thanks for reading!!

Update coming in a few minutes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.