1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:VIC For the Melbournians.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Reign, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    Within our humble city of Melbourne, there are many a place to rest thy ass and just sit around and do nothing. Essentially the question is, where do you like to hang out in Melbourne?

Persoanally I'm partial to Chapel Street myself as it's close and has several good stores for buying Star Wars, like Comic's R Us and Alteranate Worlds. While Sometimes I am tempted to just go into the CBD for Minotaur or to enjoy the wonderful facilities at Jeff Kennet's house of Sin...er I mean Crown.

So where do you hang out, what are your favourite places to dine and where do recommend to the rest of us?
  2. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I work for Coles Myer Ltd. - head office - which is on Toorak Road, but live in Berwick - so the only time I really go to the city is after work or on the weekends.

Chapel Street is close to work, and I love the Jam Factory, especially Borders.

Chadstone is close to work as well, and there is a Borders there as well.

I also love going to Minotaur when I get the chance, but haven't gone in about 6 months...
  3. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    I go to Chapel st. Borders all the time. The Jam Factory rocks, especially that Chinese place. Best Mongolion Satay ever.

I also live pretty close to the Coles Myer building. Which is ironic because when I was little, I used to call that building Vader's palace. Due to it being all black, evil looking and on top of a hill. It's just the place the Dark Lord of the Sith would make his pad, if he lived in Melbourne.
  4. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Actually, the buildings does have the nickname "Death Star" and "Battlestar Gallactica"! :)
  5. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    "Actually, the buildings does have the nickname "Death Star" "

Is this because inside it sit the heads of Target, K-Mart, Myer, and Coles all planning around a table on how to wipe out Safeway and David Jones,who have stolen the building plans?

BTW The Myer Mansion that is used for business parties and stuff is at the end of my street. At the corner of Stradbroke Avenue and Clendon Road. Nice house, it's freakin huge.
  6. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    LOL!

My school's on Chapel St, so I spend a bit of time down there when I've got nothing better to do, ie. free periods. It seems Chapel St is quite a popular place for us Victorian FFers. :)

BTW, if you haven't already, go to BBNT on Toorak Rd. That place makes awesome burgers.
  7. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    2. Questions.

What school do you go to. And where is this famed burgur place, I may have to try it out.
  8. Adakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I work on Chapel St. It is great for people watching but I don't really like hanging out there as it is a little to close to work.
    St Kilda for mine. Great for just hanging out & getting something to eat!
  9. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I go to Melbourne High, which owns the South Yarra Sports Centre up the top end of Chapel St, hence the reason I can walk out of my class and onto Chapel. :)

In answer to your second question, BBNT is on Toorak Rd, opposite Claremont St. It's not far from South Yarra station.
  10. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Either the Water Sports Center at Patterson Lakes, Mordialloc Pier, the beach from Mentone to Chelsea. And Southland.
  11. thx1138-the-jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    i know its not exactally melborne, but robinsons is a great place! its my favorite book store!
  12. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Hell yeah, Southland rocks too. I hang out there when I can, seeing as I can walk to it.
  13. Goldberry Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi! A Canadian new to Melbourne here - been in Yarraville for about two weeks now. :) Personally, I've become rather attached to The Art House, on the corner of Elizabeth and Queensbury.
  14. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    Chadstone is pretty sweet as well. The only thing they lack is a good comicbook store.
  15. Darth Gleng Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, Chaddy's good...bloody expensive though!
  16. Jacques_Cousteau Jedi Knight

star 1
    Speaking of places to hang but a little off the topic, does anyone know where you can get a decent milkshake nowadays, and im not talking the wendys or mc donalds reconstututed ones i mean a real old fashioned milkshake
  17. Jacques_Cousteau Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry guys, i double posted
  18. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    Johhny Rockets now called Soda Rock, down on the corner of Chapel St and Toorak road make the best Vanilla Milkshakes out there. Pankake Parlour also make good chocolate malt ones.
  19. Jacques_Cousteau Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks darth, ill have to try them out sometime
  20. -Rhysology Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hawke NC:

You go to Melbourne High?? I just finished there in 2001, I probably saw you in the corridors last year!

Goldberry: Yeah the Arty is good, heaps of ska gigs and HC gigs there.

Personally I like to hangout around the Brunswick St area.

21. -Rhysology Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hawke NC:

You go to Melbourne High?? I just finished there in 2001, I probably saw you in the corridors last year!

Goldberry: Yeah the Arty is good, heaps of ska gigs and HC gigs there.

Personally I like to hangout around the Brunswick St area.

22. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Eww, double poster :p Because you're a MHSOB now, I won't hold it against you though. Heh...I didn't think there were any MHSers on this forum. :)
  23. -Rhysology Jedi Knight

star 1
    Neither did I. Oh well, I guess there are always a couple of suprises around here.
  24. Sheck_Exley Jedi Knight

star 1
    Melbourne aqurium is a great place if you totally ignore the extortionate prices, theyll even let us dive with the sharks...for a price of corse.
  25. Zev_Senesca Jedi Knight

star 1
    I tend to hang out in the slums of Coburg, though I used to spend a lot of time in Fawkner when I lived there. I go to Chapel when I get the chance, but it means I have to catch the West Preston bus, the Number 19 tram and then the Sandringham line train. Man, I wish I had a car. But I love Just Collectables and Chapel St. Bazzare! Minotaur is also a regular hangout, as well as the Bourke Street area where Mino used to be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.