main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For The Peace You Bring: LotF AU: Sequel to The Eternal War up 7/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawanlost, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Title: For The Peace You Bring
    Timeframe: 40 ABY, LotF AU
    Characters: Jaina Solo-Fel, Jagged Fel, Ben Skywalker, Jysella Horn, Mara Jade Skywalker, Leia Solo, Han Solo, Tenel Ka, Allana, and everyone else who survived The Eternal War
    Genre: Drama, Action, Romance,
    Keywords: Jaina, Jag, alternate universe
    Summary: Three years after the Chiss-Alliance War, the specter cast by Darth Serpentus and his apprentice still lingers upon a galaxy struggling to rebuild itself. Will Jaina realize before its too late that the Sith have returned, more dangerous than ever before?
    Notes: This is the third installment in a trilogy with Without You, I'm Nothing , and The Eternal War

a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away...

Chapter One

Out the polished viewport, thousands of pinpricks of light broke through the black backdrop of space. There was a comfort in those stars, no matter where in the galaxy she saw them from; space had always been her real home. From her earliest memories of sitting on her father?s lap as his battered, beloved, freighter tore through the atmosphere and plunged her head-first into a sea of stars, she had known no greater exhilaration, no greater sense of herself. Few would have understood just how important it was to her, to be free of the constraints of gravity, the limits of her own muscles and limbs, and the weight of her destiny, to just pilot a ship amongst the stars.

He?d understood, in the most intimate way, that only the beauty and freedom of the stars would bring her back. That was why he?d given Trickster to her, to give her back the freedom, the very life she had given up on after the tragic conclusion of the Chiss-Alliance War. She had gambled with far more than she had ever contemplated, and lost, but the galaxy had won; she had become the Sword of the Jedi, and sent the Sith to their end once more, and the Chiss had been defeated, exactly three years ago today.

It wasn?t the glorious anniversary that much of the Galactic Alliance celebrated; she had lost her child, her apprentice, and her brother in one day. There wasn?t a day she didn?t think about any of them; who her three-year-old son might have been, or what kind of Jedi Knight Wyn would have become, or what kind of father Jacen might have been to Allana, but she had accepted her fate. She would stand alone, others would take shelter in the shadow that she cast, and somehow, she would be blessed for the peace she brought. She knew, as certain as she knew her own eyes were brown, that she had been blessed the day Jagged Fel had forgiven her.

?There?s Cordran,? her new apprentice called out, as Trickster responded swiftly to his skilled hand against the stick. She remembered when her own master had allowed her to fly her ship, showing her trust that had done far more for her confidence than even being accepted into Rogue Squadron had. After three years as her apprentice, Ben was certainly good enough to deserve her trust behind the stick, or anywhere, after all he?d done for her.

In the aftermath of the Chiss war, he?d come to her, at the point she had been close to leaving the Order, and asked that she complete his training. It had taken a lot of convincing, and the blessing of his mother, before she had accepted. After Wynssa?s death on Natera, she?d been so hesitant to take on the responsibility, but she and Ben had already bonded after the death of his father, and even before the war he?d learned as much from Jacen as he had from the brief time studying under his mother. United in the bond of master and apprentice, she had instantly known that she had made the right decision. At ten, Ben had understood the profound loss that resonated inside her more deeply than any other Jedi, the sting of betrayal, and the sadness of surviving the loss of a loved one. He?d sought her out in her sadness, and shown her hope, doing al

2. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    First?! Awesome post! I was waiting for this story to start and i'm so excited that it did!!!!! What a cliff hanger....Jag and Leia have to be ok!!!!! Please add me to the pm list if you are starting one and i can't wait for the next post already! :)

3. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007

I'm so excited you started this! Yay! Great job! Loved seeing Ben as Jaina's apprentice and funny how Leia pushed Jag out of the way. Woot!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It's finally here!! :D

Awesome start :D I love the Jaina/Ben interaction, and Jag is so sweet :) Go Leia!

Awesome start :D

5. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm so glad to see this started, Alex.

Wonderful...I loved the introspection that you gave both Jag and Jaina. =D=

I'm worried about everyone, and wonder what is going on. [face_worried]

Can't what for more. Thanks for the PM and please continue to send them to me....[:D]

Sara

6. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Ooooo...the sequel is up!

=D= Awesome start! Everyone is in trouble... again. Can't wait to see how you get them out this time.

Please add me to your PM list?

CJM

7. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    darn, it looks like Wynssa Fel died.
    Is Darth Serpentus Jacen?

8. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Well you definitely got enough action in the first post . :p No rest if you are a Solo I guess . [face_laugh]

don't torture the poor characters too much. ;)

9. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow! ... Thanks so much for the PM.... This is starting out AMAZING!!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! How did I miss the first two installments? Was I on Mars? [face_laugh] This looks stellar PL--but I have to gobble up the first two--so I'll catch up and review when I'm done with those two. This has your wonderful flair with characterizations and emotionalness all over it. Huggles!!!!!

11. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

12. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Good start to the story. liked the description of Jaina's feelings. However,

Ben at 13 is broad and taller than his father????? [face_hypnotized] must be taking his vitamins :p

update soon.

13. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

melino

First?! Awesome post!

Indeed, first, and thank you.

What a cliff hanger....Jag and Leia have to be ok!!!!!

That would be a new low for me, to kill a major character in the first post like that, but I'll save it for another story. You'll see them both again, a little singed, but they'll be back. Neither is going to be very happy with the way the ceremony ended, that's for sure.

You're on the list, thanks again.

jadesabre75

I'm glad you liked the "math" line. Like Jaina says, she's trying not to be the typical Jedi master, and as an author I was hoping to have some fun with her sense of humor (a part of her personality I've somewhat ignored for most of the trilogy).

Ben and Jaina work well together. His introspection compliments her fiery tendencies, in a balance that some would consider unorthodox given that she is the master. Leia certainly surprised Jag, but she's become a powerful Jedi on her own. Sensing the bomber and the detonation in time to save Jag reminds us all of that.

Thanks

NYCitygurl

It's finally here!! :D

It took me long enough! I'm kind of sorry that the interlude didn't happen, but it was frankly more depressing than I could stand to write at the moment. I think we'll see just how Jaina and everyone put their lives back together here, without being drug through the coals a second time. That said, most of what I wrote for it will show up here eventually.

I love the Jaina/Ben interaction, and Jag is so sweet

Unlike "Eternal War" where we didn't see them together very often, they'll spend a lot of time together in the first half of the story. Jag's biggest mission as he takes over the Empire is keeping the more "Imperial" elements of the Moff council from sliding back into the Empire's past. Starting the Imperial Missions (someday maybe I'll actually write in the Legacy timeline) is a good public relations move, but his motivations are the right ones.

Thank you, as always [:D]

Flowerlady

I loved the introspection that you gave both Jag and Jaina.

Thanks. Considering this is a full three years after "The Eternal War," there was a lot of explaining to do. We'll try not to keep you too confused for long. I think the civil war on Cordran, and the bombing in New Aldera will make a lot more sense in the next chapter or two.

I'm hoping to finish up the next chapter in the next few days, so it shouldn't be too long a wait.

Thank you, Sara

canadianjedimama

Everyone is in trouble... again. Can't wait to see how you get them out this time.

Wouldn't be the galaxy far far away if they weren't. They all have a lot more trouble than you might guess here, so hang on for the ride. I'll be happy to add you.

Thanks

DARTH_MU

darn, it looks like Wynssa Fel died.

To her brother, yes it does look like Wyn died. However, we also know Obi-Wan thought he left Anakin dead on Mustafar.

Darth Serpentus is the title Jacen took when he apprenticed himself to the ghosts of the Sith on Korriban in "Without You, I'm Nothing." Escaping Natera at the end of "The Eternal War," Wynssa took the name Darth Carnai, and swore herself his apprentice. So, from a certain point of view, Jag is right.

Thanks for reading.

jaina-Fett

Well you definitely got enough action in the first post .

Don't worry, there won't be ten chapters of space battle to start this story like the last one. There's plenty of romance and drama to come. Speaking of romance, we should see Jysella soon, and though she's changed a lot, she's still thinking about a certain apprentice who's starting to notice girls.

don't torture the poor characters too much.

Everyone might have had their fill in the last story, at least for a while ;)

Thank you.

JAGSGURL15

You're always welcome for a PM. Glad to see you're excited. Thank you.

Jade_eyes

14. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Wynssa took the name Darth Carnai, and swore herself his apprentice

death of innocence.

15. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Awesome first post. I loved the Jaina/Ben banter and easy partnership. It feels so comfortable. Just when I was enjoying the peace... BAM! :D

How like you. [face_laugh]

Great start. I can't wait to see more of this unfold. More soon? [face_batting]

16. DarthJainaSolo

DarthJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2007
    Awesome start! Thank you so much for the PM. I love the way you portray Jaina and Jag; even whenhtey're apart, I can see how much they mean to each other. I can't wait to read more!

17. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Wow, this looks good. I'll have to go read the last two fics **makes mental note**.

Could you put me on the PM list in the meantime? Thanks!

18. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Somehow, I'm not surprised that Sneaky and Artoo don't get along very well. :p

I see a lot has changed inbetween the fics. Ben's certainly grown up, though I understand his nervousness, he does carry the Skywalker name. Glad that Jagged and Jaina are still together, that everything they've lost hasn't driven them apart . . . at least not yet. I also see that Jaina's penchant for getting into trouble hasn't decreased any, either.

I can bet that there's a larger force behind the conflict on Cordran, considering the Jedi are accused of instigating a lot of it. I can only guess that it is Carnai's work while Serpentus continues to recover.

And you just had the first chapter of all chapters on a cliffie, didn't you? :p Somehow I am not surprised. Running the story at breakneck speed from the beginning is a very different approach.

19. noevilmusic

noevilmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2006
    Really enjoyed this first chapter. I liked seeing Jaina as the wise Jedi master and not just as a powerful warrior. I'm sure that you have lots of interesting ideas for us on how the scars from the end of the last battle will impact her though. :)

20. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

DARTH_MU

Wynssa took the name Darth Carnai, and swore herself his apprentice

death of innocence.

Like every Sith, she had her reasons, but yes. Her innocence is dead.

TelannaTani

I loved the Jaina/Ben banter and easy partnership. It feels so comfortable. Just when I was enjoying the peace... BAM!

You know I'm not one to sit still. Glad you like the two of them together, cause there's plenty more on the way. I'm still fixing chapter 2 up, but it should be soon. Thanks!

DarthJainaSolo

I love the way you portray Jaina and Jag; even when they're apart, I can see how much they mean to each other. I can't wait to read more!

Thank you. Jaina's a pretty independent woman, and Jag has always respected that, even if they grew together at a time when she was probably at her most vulnerable and emotionally needy, its not her. Though I sometimes can't follow my own advice, I know that a healthy balance is what makes a great relationship. Luckily, my characters do listen to my advice. ;)

Hope to have the next chapter up soon.

Draconarius

Thank you, and welcome aboard. You're on the list. Hope you enjoy the others too!

rebel_cheese

I see a lot has changed inbetween the fics. Ben's certainly grown up, though I understand his nervousness, he does carry the Skywalker name.

Ben is growing up quite a bit, though he may have more in common with his young father and grandfather than he realizes, no matter how introspective he is. The Skywalker name is a lightsaber itself, powerful, but dangerous to the wielder too. And there are a lot of beings in this galaxy that don't like it one little bit.

Glad that Jagged and Jaina are still together, that everything they've lost hasn't driven them apart . . . at least not yet

[face_thinking] Believe it or not, there was a possibility that things might not work out after the Chiss war, but you'll hear more about that later- it still bothers both of them.

I can bet that there's a larger force behind the conflict on Cordran, considering the Jedi are accused of instigating a lot of it. I can only guess that it is Carnai's work while Serpentus continues to recover.

It has been three years, so I would think that Serpentus is feeling quite Sithly, wherever he is hiding. As for Carnai being behind the trouble on Cordran, that's a pretty good guess. Of course then who's responsible for the bomb on New Alderaan?

Yes the self- appointed cliffie queen has struck again, but as you said, I wanted to start with something different, kind of how RotS starts with a giant space battle and the rescue mission.

Thanks Mac [:D]

noevilmusic

I liked seeing Jaina as the wise Jedi master and not just as a powerful warrior.

Thanks. As we see more of the Jedi Council, you'll see more of Jaina, and her Qui-Gon like role amongst them. Her loss has become a big part of her, but I hope this story turns out to show what we can all do to surmount tragedy, as Jaina attempts to come to terms with being the Sword of the Jedi, and we see everyone fighting to redeem something from the darkness inside themselves.

I'm hoping to have the chapter off to beta in the next few days. Work has been evil lately, so I haven't had much time to write, but my weekend is looking like I'll be attached to the keyboard.

[:D] alex

21. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
  22. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    I just felt like this needed an up! Any news on the next post? [:D]

23. olso3856

olso3856 Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2008
    Wow...

I just spent....I totally lost track of the time...reading the two stories that came before this. I am in AWE!!! This is so amazing, it's almost like I could be reading something I just bought at Barnes and Noble. AMAZING job. I can't wait to read more!!!! (crossing fingers that there is more....)

24. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    This is so great, I just read it, plus the last two. I hope there's more to come!

25. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    ummm...Update plz???? [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.