main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV For the players of our multi-game RPG...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    First of all, thanks for coming out. After a bit of a rocky start, we actually started playing!! IMPORTANT- WE WILL POST AS TO WHETHER WE WILL HAVE THE MULTI-GAME HAPPENING THIS SATURDAY. We all want it to happen, and we will do our best to make it so, unless there are simply too many people who will be gone. If that is the case, I am all for playing a 'side' RPG, as there are already at least one of those going on, I am willing to start another.

I want to reiterate a few things from myself, Gerson and Kronos, your GM's.

1. The GM's will end up running all aspects of the game for your group, whether that be Rebellion, Empire, Independent, or whatever. Behind the scenes, however, Gerson will be leading the Empire angle, I will be directing the Rebellion stuff, and Kronos will handle the direction of the Indie's, such as Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Mercs, etc. Once we are in game, each GM will be able to run all three for the group, keeping in mind the direction it needs to go.

2. You are not constrained to one group. You can (and in some cases will NEED to) intermingle. You will find that each GM has his own style and way of doing things, even though we are all on the same page when it comes to rules.

3. Feel the freedom to do what you want, IN CHARACTER. Don't feel compelled to 'stay with the group' if your CHARACTER doesn't not wish to for some reason. The worst that will happen is the GM will not want you to, and he'll either 'guide' you back or outright tell you.

4. The GM's do not want you talking about secret stuff to other players. Stuff that doesn't matter is no big, but telling another player out of game some important info is a bad idea. It's will be more fun for the secrets to be revealed in game.

5. Look over your character sheet, and check out your skills, even the ones you can use with no ranks put in them. Feel free to use these whenever you want, in appropriate situations. The GM will help you along to a degree, but don't feel like you need to sit through a narrative without interupting to do something. The worst that will happen is you will be told 'not right now, sorry'.

6. Get the GM a bio of your character. This can be a paragraph or as long as you want- pages if you want. Please include: your name, your birthplace if you know it, your species, your childhood history, what happened to your family, where are they, and any other pertinent info as to what drives you, or how you've been making your living, and so forth. Please also give the GM's a copy of your character sheet. If you can't copy it, get a spare character sheet at our next game and fill it out for us. We will be keeping a 'GM only' file on you, which will go to whoever happens to be GMing you.

7. For you non-humans: get a little familiar with your species and what the book says abou them, so you can better be in character.

8. If a GM can't give you an answer on somthing right away, it might be because he has to consult the other two GM's. There is no 'leader GM', we all end up agreeing on a course of action that accomodates the things that matter most to us.

9. If you took notes for the GM, please get those to him ASAP. Thanks!

10. We have a tradition: If your character dies, the GM will ask for your character sheet... and he will tear it in two. You can plead with him not to, but I have not witnessed mercy ever being given. Tearing a character sheet is so... final. ;)

Thats all I can think of that the GM's have discussed. Thanks for coming out. The beginning of any RPG can be a bit slow, and that is due to people getting to know each other, story set-up, and people learning how to effectively play their character and the game (not to mention 3 GM's getting on the same page). Things should improve each week.

Check this board to see the status of the game for this Saturday night.

Thanks! You all did a great job!

Talon

2. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
  3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    THERE WILL BE A GAME THIS SATURDAY NIGHT. WOOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.