main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For the Remainder of Your Natural Life - An Anakin short story - AU -Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: For the Remainder of Your Natural Life
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Padmé, Anakin
    Genre: AU
    Summary: Just a little ?What if??
    Notes: The first of what will probably be three posts.

For the Remainder of Your Natural Life

?Anakin Skywalker, this Council has no choice but to keep you in the custody of the Jedi Order for the remainder of your natural life,? Master Windu said in a voice heavy with reluctance. ?Do you have anything to say that might alter our judgment? Is there anything you can say in your defense against this heinous charge?? Now, the great Jedi sounded as if he was almost pleading with the Chosen One to give them a reason to set him free.

Looking up, his jaw clenched and his hands clasped in front of him, Anakin shook his head firmly. ?No, Master Windu, there is not.?

Mace Windu sighed heavily and looked to Master Yoda. The ancient Jedi merely slumped in his chair, his sorrow evident on his wizened features.

Obi-Wan shifted on his feet behind his former Padawan. His throat literally ached with the words that he repressed only by the greatest act of will. He had much to say in Anakin?s defense, but Anakin had forbidden him to speak of it. What Anakin Skywalker had told to him in the darkest hours of the night before was to remain between only them as long as they lived. Anakin turned, as if sensing his Master?s distress and gave an almost imperceptible shake of his head. Don?t you do it.

Satisfied that his Master would hold true to his promise, Anakin turned back to study the Council. ?I would ask only two things,? he said quietly. ?First, I?d like a moment of privacy with my Master ? with no attempt by any other Jedi to interfere in any way. What we say will be between us and only us.? He looked at Master Yoda, one brow quirked in inquiry. ?Is that agreeable??

Yoda looked over Anakin?s shoulder toward Obi-Wan Kenobi, who nodded. ?Acceptable that is,? Yoda said sadly. ?And the second request??

Anakin swallowed hard and squared his shoulders. ?I want Senator Amidala brought here to the Temple,? he murmured. Then he seemed to brace himself and his chin jerked up. ?I want to say good-bye to my wife.?

Behind Anakin, Obi-Wan started in surprise and several murmurs of shock and outrage came from the members of the Council. A part of him had been expecting this, Obi-Wan realized. Somehow, he had known that there was much more between Anakin Skywalker and the beautiful senator than a boyish infatuation on his part and an indulgent friendship on hers; he should have seen that what they shared was more than even a passing love affair.

?Knew of this did you, Master Kenobi?? Yoda asked calmly.

Obi-Wan stepped forward and bowed his head. ?Know?? He shook his head. ?No, Master Yoda, I did not know. I did, however, suspect.? Obi-Wan sensed Anakin?s surprised gaze turned his way and gave his former Padawan a swift, sad smile. ?It was a topic about which Anakin and I did not talk. I did not ask so that he would not have to lie to me, and he did not tell me so that I would not have to inform the Council.? He felt a wave of gratitude come from Anakin along their training bond, which had remained strong even after recent events; in fact, it had been strengthened by what they faced now.

Yoda seemed to absorb this bit of honesty for a few moments, and then he turned back to Anakin. ?Agree to this second request, the Council does,? he answered.

?Thank you, Masters,? Anakin whispered gratefully, giving them all a respectful bow of his head. The young Jedi turned, gestured toward the Jedi standing guard at the doors, and let them put the Force restraints on his hands once more. With an apologetic look, the younger Master slipped a Force collar around the Chosen One?s throat, and they led the prisoner away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had been summoned to the Jedi Temple. Had it been Anakin who had called her here? Or was it perhaps Master Obi-Wan, trying to break bad news to her in person. So many times, she had look

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ack - what deed!

Evil, evil cliffie

[face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

I'm sure whatever Anakin did he had a very good reason for it, but why isn't he telling? [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

I'll be on pins and needles for the next post

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow!

Obi-Wan shifted on his feet behind his former Padawan. His throat literally ached with the words that he repressed only by the greatest act of will. He had much to say in Anakin?s defense, but Anakin had forbidden him to speak of it. What Anakin Skywalker had told to him in the darkest hours of the night before was to remain between only them as long as they lived. Anakin turned, as if sensing his Master?s distress and gave an almost imperceptible shake of his head. Don?t you do it.

Hmmm, the Council survives...what did our Ani do anyway?

Poor Obi-Wan, poor Padme. Poor Anakin? I need more.

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Evil cliffie!!! I need more...

Wow, great story...please let me know when you update!

=D=

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: *Flips thread over looking for the rest* How could you stop there?!?

Evil, evil author. [face_shame_on_you]

More!!

6. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    What did he do? How bad was it that he is now a prisoner of the Jedi? :eek:

Please let me know when you update this!

7. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Once again...Vadey....you've gotten me hooked!! Please PM me when you've udpated...I would love to love more! It's going to be hard keeping this just a "short" story!!

8. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi. :) You've got me worried for Anakin. [face_worried] He can't be kept up forever, can he? :_| Surely whatever this is (and I have an idea...) will come to light and Anakin be freed? :( Right?

As for my idea, I think he killed Palpatine, but only he knew Palpatine was the Sith Lord, at least until he told Obi-Wan. Why do I think that? Anakin doesn't appear to be exibiting Dark Side behavior and it sounds that whatever he told Obi-Wan would allow the Council to be more gentle toward him (if not let him off entirely). I can't think of anything else.

Also, I'm hoping that if the above has some truth to it, Anakin will be set free. :( Surely, you're not going to lock him up forever?

*sits in corner and waits* [face_worried]

9. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    what did Ani do to receive such punishment?

10. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :_| What did Anakin do?![face_frustrated] Evil, evil cliffy... I'm glad that Anakin revealed his secret to the Council, but why was he arrested?! Please post soon[face_praying] and please add me to your PM list![:D]

Rachel Rose@};-

11. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Ok, even if this is a short story, please add me to your pm list.
    You have intrigued me as usual with one of your stories.

12. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    My guess is the same as JediStarMoonstruck's. But you may yet surprise us.:)

13. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, yes, me, too, on both counts! (Wow, that's a lot of commas, and I'm not sure that they're all correct.)

Man, I was about to start crying and I have no idea what he's done yet! I can't wait to see their next meeting, but I'm nervous as to what he's going to say.

Please update soon! I can't bear the suspense, but I suppose I shall.

jazz

14. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Yay! Another fic from you. You really have me curious as to what Anakin did that he's forbidding Obi-Wan to say anything and he's going to be held by the council that way. I'm glad he told them about him and Padmé. And the words Obi-Wan spoke - It was a topic about which Anakin and I did not talk. I did not ask so that he would not have to lie to me, and he did not tell me so that I would not have to inform the Council. - so beautiful. I look forward to the next chapter.

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Your talent is just astounding,VL. There seems to be no limit to your creativity in plot, and your prowess with description and emotion. I loved Anakin and Padme, and especially Obi-Wan in this. [face_love] I'm very curious about what's going on here, so you'll need to hurry up and update! ;) Wonderful first post. :)

16. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Mama Vader, I must have more!!! Please add me to your PM list because I would hate to miss a single post!

17. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Most intriguing. Add moi to your pm list if you please. And why does this story sound so familiar to me? If I recall correctly, there was a similar fic that came out last year just after the release of Revenge of the Sith. But please, indulge us further...

Mo

18. full_moon

full_moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    oh man you've really got me hooked here! i want to know what Anakin did that was so bad as to be locked up for life...i want a PM please!

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, great buildup with this one. I loved that you didn't say what the crime was that Anakin had committed but a certain name hasn't been spoken. Anakin may have fulfilled his destiny even sooner than in the movies. [face_thinking]

Loved that you explained why Obi-Wan never asked and Anakin never told about Padme.

Great job. Please PM me when this is updated next.

20. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    :eek: Yikes! What does this all mean???!! My level of intrigue is off the charts, Vadey!

Hasn't anyone told you that cliffies are evil?? ;) [face_batting]

Man, I CANNOT wait for the next update. Can you PM me when it's up? If you're too busy, that's okay - I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled don't you worry!

Awesome work! I LOVE your AU's!

21. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Evil cliffhanger woman.

But, this was really good.

WOW!!

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting turn of events. Obi-Wan's characterization was so spot-on.

23. Japor_Angel

Japor_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    :mad::mad:

What did Anakin do that was, apparently, really really really bad? I think I'm in the "he killed Palpatine" camp.

I concur with everyone. That was evil.

24. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    OoOoO. This sounds like a really good short story.

25. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Interesting! I would very much like to know what the deed is...so I guess I'm asking to be put on your pm list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.