main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For the Ventress fans - Favourite scene

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Maaliss, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    See what the Dark Disciple contains. I dont think she was at the top of her game during the Asoka arc. I still find it dumb they made her get taken out by Bariss so easily and tricked by the cat thing ruse. She was pretty lost and scarred as she still had master issues when Anakin went after her with no lightsabers as all she had was martial arts and a pair of metal bars, you'd think she'd be hurling the force at him or something.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Mother_Talzin : I think Ventress could have kicked Savage's ass. I may need to watch the arc again but I definitely remember Talzin ordering her to leave, appearing as a rejection. "You brought Dooku on us, GTFO."

Vorax : What the writers did to her in that arc was unbelievably stupid. And that's an understatement.

3. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Kenobi and Ventress were out matched when they faced Maul and Opress. Once Opress broke free of Ventress she was no longer his superior in skill or force.

Talzin sent her on to find her own destiny now after the clan was overwhelmed and essentially wiped out. Talzin could or would no longer aid her as she had her son coming on the way who was more important to her than even the Nightsisters or Ventress. There was no GTFO moment though, she didnt seem bothered by Dooku's arrival as Talzin knew the risks and their attempts on Dooku failed. Ventress was though without a master figure and just found herself as a bounty by the Fett gang meet and was still a bounty hunter by the Asoka arc and presumably Dark Disciple.

4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Ventress is a skilled fighter, but when she last fought Savage, he bested her and Dooku and they fled. He unleashed the power that Talzin gave him and was unstoppable for awhile.

As for the dynamic between Talzin and Ventress - she never ordered her to leave, and I believe it was actually Ventress that blamed herself for bringing the CIS army to Dathomir. Talzin was actually supportive and fought alongside Ventress until the end. They parted so Ventress could leave and live to fight another day. Ventress was wounded and couldn't move between the spirit and physical realms like Talzin could, so she had to flee.

5. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Obi-Wan: When did you become the good guy?
    Ventress: Don't insult me.

Truly the greatest of possible teams, the only true OTP, the world needs more Obi wan/Ventress snark/flirting more then it knows.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    [face_thinking]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I always liked the flashback scenes that were shown when she returned back to the Nightsisters and underwent her transformation by Mother Talzin...I liked seeing her as a young Jedi...furious when her master was killed....I also liked her haircut too..totally punk...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Her hair looks notable darker there, she seems to spend time on her do dying it and stylizing it. I still like her bald with the tattoos, its her look and what partially makes her that character. The hair is dumb, its like giving Maul a pony tail imo. But I suppose they want to give the hair to symbolically establish she's no longer a Sith affiliated minion.

Never really liked how they never established a connection to the Jedi Order, she comes across as an unsanctioned Jedi padawan as the Council apparently has no clue about her and no history given in that episode.

9. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Definitely when she strangled Boba.
    "You have no idea who you are talking to."

After that, I love all of her other moments in Bounty. Terrific episode.

10. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Having her be bald all her life is what's dumb

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No hairstyle is "dumb" if the person wearing it, is doing so because that's his or her personal preference.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    I like her bald and I like the new hair style. Wasnt too sure myself of the flasback hairstyle bu tthe new one is "tres sexeh"!

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I much prefer adult Asajj bald. Child Asajj with hair is fine.

That said, I could accept the adult Asajj hair much better if her reason for regrowing hair were "**** this, I'm done shaving, time for a new look."

14. Darth Maaliss

Dec 19, 2014
    Now what other reason would there be? :p

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Supposedly there is some symbolism crap with her bald head symbolizing Sith allegiance and her hair symbolizing NewGoodGirlAsajj or something.

Because Mace Windu was a Sith too.

Oh, wait. Only women have their entire characters determined by their hairstyles.

Darth Maaliss likes this.
  16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, if that were the case I would've suspected she'd remove the tattoos which she did not have before Dooku apparently, somehow though she remembered she came from Dathomir where they all have "Sith" or "darkside" tattoos which seem to be more like religious incantations. Dooku and Ventress the early years would interesting as all we have now is TCW and they loosely based their storylines on the Dark Horse comics and what not.

I did like the TCW Maul and Jarec-like tattoos they gave her rather than the concept art, CW or Dark Horse comics tattoos - however I didnt like hear early out in TCW which looked like spandex with mummy wrap.

17. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The symbolism in her sporting a bald head during the series could be her being reborn into a new role. Not necessarily an alliance to the Sith, but her ascension to greater power. It would be interesting to get some backstory on that happening, and when she got the tattoos. I doubt she is unique in that regard though - I suspect other Nightsisters are also bald, including Talzin.

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Do we really need a thread for this ?, don't we already have a Ventress thread :confused:

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've always kinda wondered about her tattoos. Originally, they represented each Rattataki warlord she killed in order to avenge Ky Narec's death, but come TCW she has a completely different set of tats that as of now don't have any specific meaning.

20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd be cool with 100 Ventress threads. [face_whistling]

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A quick search doesn't bring anything else up. [face_dunno]

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Kinda annoyed me TCW writers stopped combining her two lightsabers into a duel lightsaber staff, I dont think they did it more once or twice off hand - not even Bariss combined them.

23. Darth Maaliss

Dec 19, 2014
    Two words: Pluck yeh!

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I recall being a bit of the opposite mind, myself.

Don't get me wrong, I thought that the idea of attaching two separate lightsaber hilts together to form something else, entirely, was a neat trick. I think the issue to me was that the saber staff, as it were, had already been done -- and done much better, I felt (or at least to much greater effect) -- by Darth Maul in TPM. To see it show up again was alright, but it felt more like a continuation of Maul's shtick, than anything which really said "Asajj Ventress" (and considering the changes which eventually saw both Maul and Ventress retconned as warriors from Dathomir, had she stuck with the staff, I imagine some might have wound up unfairly pegging Asajj as little more than "the female Maul").

But now, when Ventress utilized both sabers independently from one another, it was to me like "Alright, Ventress has her own thing!"

I always liked Asajj, and I suppose that, rather than a pale imitation of something we'd already seen on-screen, I preferred seeing Ventress have her own way of doing things. I mean, other than for an all-too brief moment with Anakin Skywalker in AOTC (and Grievous, who, with his four arms and robotic abilities, was a different kind of animal, altogether), had we ever really seen an on-screen character who wielded two sabers at once, as the stamp of their personal lightsaber style, before Asajj?

Still, as I say, it was an interesting concept, and I definitely wouldn't have minded seeing more of that, from time-to-time. Perhaps when Ventress was faced with both Kenobi and Skywalker together at Sullust, it might have been the ideal moment to see it again?

I'm just glad that the saber staff wound up not being Asajj's signature style.

=========================

So anyway, I actually came to this thread to mention that, with Obi-Wan being one of my two personal 'pantheon' favorites, I'm just dying to see Ewan McGregor revisit the role in a 'Ben Kenobi' standalone feature (dying to see it!). And that, thinking about that this morning, it just really hit me how much I think that I'd love to see a live-action Asajj Ventress appear as one of the central characters in such a story.

Any other Ventress fans who might be on-board with such an idea?

I wonder which actresses might make good candidates for a thirty to forty-something Asajj Ventress, anyway? I wonder what Nika Futterman looks like with a shaved head? :p

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Absolutely.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.