main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx For THOSE GOING TO COWBOY BEBOP>>>>

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediG60racer, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The SDSWS knows you're not going to be watching CB for 10 hours, so here's something else for you to look forward to while you're in San Diego:

The San Diego Star Wars Society (SD's chapter of FanForce) would like to invite The Phoenix, LA, OC, and IE Chapters to join us for a Star Wars movie marathon on April 5th!!! This is the SDSWS' second such film event... we had so much fun at the first one that we decided to do it again and invite others to participate!! We will be watching episodes 4,5,6,1,2 and various fanfilms.

The event begins at 11am in Poway, CA (30 minutes north of San Diego) and is being hosted at the Contempo Design Center, which has an amazing mini theatre inside on its 2nd floor. The building is quite large and many of the chairs recline; we will be seeing the three films on a 10ft screen with surround sound. The way the room will be set up is that people are free to come and go during the movies. In a room behind where the movies will be playing are some pool tables, and other tables where people can sit and eat. Downstairs is a full kitchen. Upstairs where the movies will be playing we will have snacks and drinks as well. The room will handle 50 people comfortably.

Everyone is welcome to wear costumes, bring lightsabers or other props, wear Star Wars T-Shirts etc. Show and tell at SW fan events is always encouraged! I know of at least one complete sewn Jedi costume that will be for sale at the event, just fyi.
    Also, SDSWS will be showing off the artifacts of Jabba's Sail Barge that we collected on our recent trip to the Dune Sea of Tatooine (Imperial Desert near Yuma where scenes from ROTJ was filmed.) There may also be a special preview showing of the SDSWS fanfilm currently in production, "Shadows in the Sand"!!!

The directions to the event are:

Contempo Design
    12302 Kerran Street
    Poway, CA 92064

- Take 15 Freeway.
    - Take the Scripps Poway Parkway Exit off of the 15 freeway and head East
    - Go East about 4-5 miles until you reach Kirkham (One light past Pomerado
    Road)
    - Turn Left on Kirkham, take the next left on Kerran
    - Drive to the end of Kerran Street, we are in the Contempo Design Building
    on the right.

For more information you can contact Mara_Jade_Fan, the Supreme Chancellor of the SDSWS, or JediG60racer, the Vice Chancellor, or go lurk on the San Diego forum!!!!
    See you all there! BYOL! and MTFBWYA!

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    sweet! we didn't have anything nailed down after the flick, so we will try to make this!

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I think that deserves a big 'hell yeah'. Thanks, guys.

4. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Forgot to mention, food will be a major part of this, since it's going to be at least a 10 hour long event! Potluck is the word. There are people bringing home-made COOKIES, cupcakes, baklava, did I mention COOKIES?, and there will probably be lots and lots of pizza to go around. If you can bring something edible to share, that would be cool! If not, no worries... there will be plenty! I know it's a long haul to bring food from the Zone, but wanted to invite those of you who like to showcase their Jed cooking skills to feel free to!

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Awesome!!! YAY!!! I'm hoping that Darth_Husband will allow me to go. I don't know how much the Royal Prince will be able to handle movie-wise (since he's not quite 2 years old, and the attention span is... well... lacking). Maybe this can be one of those "I owe you a big favor, honey" weekends. :D

besides, it's been a year since the LA Line-up trip... I need a good weekend romp with my bodyguards. :D (not in *that* way, of course)

6. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Suuuuure you don't mean it in that way. We believe you, your highness. ;)

7. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    **innocent** O:)

8. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    *puts hand up to earpiece*

copy that IA, the queen is covered...

:cool:

9. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    [slinks in to thread]

Your highness, these upscale bodyguards of yours are way to high profile. I think my talents may be of use here...

[slinks out of thread]

10. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    *Looks around at all the posturing and wonders if theres some kind of promotion coming up within the Queen's employ that she hasn't heard about*

11. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Reminder! It's this weekend!!!

12. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I think it got killed due to lack of fundage

13. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Sorry guys. I was really looking forward to this, but it turns out I'm moving that weekend.

14. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yea, pretty sure this one got scrapped... :(

15. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    Is this the same weekend as that Michael Stackpole public signing?

16. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    It was, now it's wishful thinking

17. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Turns out that I can't go either. :( Would've been a blast! :_|

18. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Well, I guess that solves the problem of how to get the PFF'ers out of Brandy's apartment by Saturday evening... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.