main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For those not going to Celebration II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We talked to one or two people that were at the meeting, but not going to Celebration II to find out if they wanted anything from it. For instance, if people collect figures, and want the exclusive C2 figure and don't want to skip a mortgage payment to buy it on Ebay, some of us could pick it up for them. If you have something in mind, members of the group could look for it. For instance Cruz mentioned a Jedi belt, which I think if it's anywhere, would be at Indy. Marcy and I would be willing to look around for things for people, and I'm sure others would as well. We could probably even organize it so that it doesn't end up so that everyone gets an item, when the person only wanted one. Anything that we pick up, would just be the cost of the item to people since I don't believe in scalping in the least. If there are specific type items, you could email images of it (if you have them), but if it's taste oriented (like say a Celebration T-shirt) you would have to be as specific as possible. With a whole group looking, someone is bound to find what others are looking for. It's just an idea, and a way for those of us going to help out people who aren't. This could also probably work out for autographing things as well. We plan on waiting in a few lines, and as long as the item isn't big or awkward, wouldn't mind. Just a thought.

2. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    Thinking about it its probably a good thing i'm not going because i would break the old bank if i did. anyway there are a couple things you could keep your eyes out for.

jedi belt (obiwan)
    greedo (donpost)
    greedo hands(don post)
    Celebration II T-shirt ( L white T-shirt with Celebration logo)

and props, if your walking around and you see something that just blows you away. give me a call or if you have access to the internet drop me a line.

how about i just give you some money and you can surprise me? :)

if you have the time and feel like shopping i'd really apriciate it.

3. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    If you have pictures of those, or web links so I can see them, I'll look for them for you. As for the shirt, that wouldn't be a problem I don't think. Btw Cruz, I sent you a PM about Katarn. I didn't notice when I got a personal message for a long time, so just in case you didn't see it, I thought I would point it out.

4. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Heyas--that's a really nice jesture. Thing is, I can tell you exactly what I'm always keeping my eyes open for, and yet I can't be specific enough considering. I'm mainly 1977-1983 merchandise collector and Rare Mark Hamill merchandise collector. (www.geocities.com/gothicskywalk) is my website (not been updated in a while...
    but I'm a Mark freak and I have A LOT of rare stuff, so you may not know if I already have it.

I guess if you see anything affordable enough that you think is Mark-extraordinary/Luke-extraordinary especially e-mail me from there if you bring a laptop or if it's inexpensive enough pick it up and I'll reimburse you.

Thanks in advance,

5. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    I did a little looking around and got you some pics. (there at the end) the belt is priority if you see a nice belt that is reasonably priced get in touch with me or if its the one don't hesitate to pick it up.

Greedo comes second to the belt but its something I?ve been looking for for a while so if you see it and the prices aren't about to break my bank then toss that one in the cart as well.

if there is a classic Celebration II t-shirt
    White with the logo across the front. get me a L.

oh and take lots of pictures

Thanks again

Greedo mask and hands:

http://www.nightmarefactory.com/starwars.html

Belt:

http://www.jedi-academy.com/ep1_kenobi_belt.html

6. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    Hey do you think you could get a couple autographs for me as well. (i dunno what the rules are so if that?s not allowed i understand)

If you could that would be great.

7. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I can go and try to print up pictures of those things, and look for a shirt too. As far as autographs, if there's something you own that you want autographed, sure. If it's a picture you want, you can look at the pictures at www.seetwo.com, and pick them out. We may not be waiting in line for everyone, some people we might just get pulled shots, but if we're waiting in line for them, tell us what you want signed. You can just pay $12 a piece, because we'll be buying booklets anyway.

As for Mark stuff Skywalker, you could tell us what you are looking for in general. Or, if we see some cool stuff on Friday, we could call you and tell you what we found. If you want it, we could pick it up Saturday. Shouldn't be a problem.

8. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    is that 12$ per autograph or 12$ all together?

anyway this is what i came up with. If lines are cazy which i expect they will be don't bother your going to enough trouble as it is.

Bulloch_2

Fisher_4 (they'll probably be out)

Prowse_1

Williams_2

9. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I seriously have no idea what I would want. Can I think about it and get back to you? I agree that it's a good thing I'm not going. I would spend my tuition for next year on stuff.

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    It's $12 per autograph. The Carrie Fisher line is probably going to be the worst. Depending on how things go, we might get photos pulled of some people. We would probably like to get many of them in person (IE, Fisher, Baker, Bulloch, Prowse, Warwick and a few others that will probably have small lines), but if time is constrained, we might get a few pulled. I don't think those will be personalized, but they will be authentic.

11. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    At 12$ a pop you can scrap the autographs.

If i barrow any more money, i'll be a wanted man with a bounty on my head

i'm still a go for the jedi belt, t-shirt and the greedo mask and hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.