main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For those of you who played The Force Unleashed, what are your folks opinion on it?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DJT, Oct 8, 2017.

1. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    The next time there's a Steam sale, I may consider playing this.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The games were good, but nothing amazing. Starkiller is an awesome character though.

Deliveranze and DJT like this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Last great SW game imo. Gets a bit repetitive, but plenty of locations, fun combat, and a pretty solid story. I'd say give it a shot.

The sequel is great in terms of combat too but the story and replay value is bad.

Jedi Knight Fett, DJT and darkspine10 like this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    1 is good.
    2 is bad.

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I hate the series, having only played the first game, due to the irreparable damage the series does to the founding of the Rebellion and contradicting great stories like Interlude at Darkknell. I don't hate the character of Galen Marek/Starkiller on principle, but he just doesn't work, because of what he contradicts in order to be an important character.

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The first is a great game, solid story that really felt like it was trying to be a 'film-between-films', only as a game.

The second is a lot more throwaway, owing to it's short length and cliffhanger ending. There are good parts, the gameplay's still fine, and I like Starkiller's clone's internal dilemmas.

7. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    The first game is amazing and is probably the last great Star Wars game. The game play is fun, the characters are interesting, the locations are good, and most importantly the story is great. I'd say go for it!
    The sequel isn't anything special. The only things it improved on is the game play and graphics. Everything else was disappointing. The story could've been good had they added another three hours onto it, there are not any new interesting characters, there are barely any locations in it, and the leveling progression is weak. BUT since I'm a Star Wars fan I still own it and play it on occasion. If you can find it cheap I'd say go ahead but only if you can find it cheap.

DJT likes this.
  8. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The first one is pretty good if you play the PS2/Wii Version. The 360/PS3 and I presume PC version is ok. There is a part where you have to pull down a Star Destroyer near the end of the game that many people myself included find frustrating.

I liked the gameplay of the second one a lot but it's really short. The story is not that great either and ends unresolved.

Overall they both have their problems but they can be fun. If they do go on sale it's worth taking a chance on them.

DJT likes this.
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Never got into them, unfortunately. There are better SW games out there.

10. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    If you have played and enjoyed such titles as Dark Forces II or Jedi Outcast, you'll enjoy this one. Very similar gameplay, great music and presentation. The original (mostly) score by Mark Griskey is sublime.

DJT likes this.
  11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    TFU1 was good. Fun gameplay, serviceable story. Great boss fights.

TFU2 was...lol.

I don't really miss it being non-canon, though.

12. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    The first game was very good!

The second game...no. It felt like it was rushed a bit with a weak, far to short of a story. The gameplay was pretty smooth but the whole thing just lacked substance that the first TFU game had.