main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For those staying extra days

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Like arriving early or leaving later, especially those who are from way out of town, anyone interested in some kind of 'group tour'?

crown hill Cemetary

(I'm a History freak so old cemataries facinate me)

The Children's museum is a must see for me as it has a Dentzel carousel

Any other suggestions?

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Our group is arriving a few days early (on Monday), and we might be interested in doing something... would be cool to meet some FF people before the con too, there might be some more time to talk then. :)

I'll bring it up in my group and ask them! :)

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    During C2, the children's museum had a small SW exhibit about special effects and the N-1 Fighter. They also had some other props from the films.
    They have a good zoo there as well, right near the convention center.

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm an archaeologist so I'm a history freak too! I would love to have a wander round. Mind you I may not have much time. I land 20th and fly home 26th

5. JediTvGuy

JediTvGuy Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Hi everyone,
    I work for the local Fox tv station and just finished a story on things to do in Indianapolis. Maybe these will help you fill out your downtime!
    (In no particular order)
    Take in an Indianapolis Indians AAA baseball game. The Indians start their first season as a AAA affiliate of the Pirates and play a Sat. & Sun. game at Victory Field...just across the street from the Convention Center.

Go Duckpin Bowling at Fountain Square - Pretty much a regular game of ten pins except "duck-sized".

Visit the Indianapolis Zoo - The Zoo is about 1 mile due west of the Convention Center on Washington Street, just over the White River. They're working on a new Dolphin habitat that may or may not be finished by April...but there is an awesome Butterfly exhibit on the grounds that's just amazing.

Indiana State Museum/IMAX Theater - About 2 blocks from Convention Center...more information about Indiana than most would probably care to know

Catch a Pacers Game - Wed. April 20th the Pacers wrap up the regular season. Never know when you might get a basketball game and an ultimate fighting competition all together in the same night! :)

Walk the Monon Trail - 10.5 miles of trails that lead through the city up to the suburb of Carmel.

Shapiros Deli - Just south of downtown past the Eli Lilly complex. Great NY Style Deli. From sandwiches to beef stew...you won't go away hungry. Sandwiches are big enough to split or turn into two meals.

The Children's Museum - Just north of downtown. New exhibit there is "Dinosphere" an interactive area with fossils, etc. No word yet on a Star Wars exhibit like they had in 2002.

Indy 500 Museum - Race activities don't start until May, but for $3.00 you can visit the 500 Museum. The track is about 4 miles from downtown on 16th Street.

If you're into RPG's there are two locations of "The Game Preserve" in town, but they're about 10 miles from Downtown (north and south).
    The Game Preserve

Downtown, however, (there's a Comic Shop that sells a limited amount of RPG materials:
    Downtown Comics

This should get you started...but there's plenty to do right downtown to keep busy.

Feel free to message me for more suggestions and ideas!

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I get into town on the 20th and I'd be up for the cemetary tour as I've had some odd interest with cemetaries in general.

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    for C2, we went to see Arena Football and got a discount on tickets for wearing SW costumes to the game. it was pretty fun, and i'm not much of a sports fan.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, except our Arena team just folded, so that's not an option this go around. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.