main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For Those that Have None (Qui/Obi) Updated 01/18/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ZaraValinor, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The excitement is building- along with the Obi-torture 8-}

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Very exciting! But now poor Obi-Wan is separated from Qui-Gon and stranded on a planet - not that I'm complaining. ;)

I assume that's not the last we'll see of that girl, either.

3. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Impossible to see the future is. But all will be revealed.

4. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  5. Hromiko

Hromiko Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Wow! This is a really great story. But watch the typos. It was hard to enjoy the exciting tale over the grinding of my teeth. ;) I loved the sleep suggestion thing, that part made me laugh and decide a visit to the dentist was definitly worth reading the way you portray Qui and Obi's interactions.

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Sorry Hormiko. I didn't notice until you mentioned it. I'm fixing it now. Thanks.

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Now edited of all those Sithly midnight mistakes. Sorry about that.

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 4

Captain Dexter Jettster knew he was in trouble the moment he spotted Jedi Master Jinn heading his way. The powerfully built man?s leonine features were arrayed in such a horror striking manner, that the larger Dex was tempted to hid away. Temptation was fleeting, however, and prove ill-advised when Master Jinn reached Dex.

The Jedi seemed just able to withhold his anger from exploding. ?Captain, a word with you,? Master Jinn said in a tone that broke no argument. And Dex reluctantly trailed after the Jedi, weaving through the crowded area that was housing the majority of the people who had been sealed in the bridge after Dex was careful to heard them away from Zara?s cell. He had kept Qui-Gon Jinn from going after his apprentice, convincing the Jedi that he wounded members on board the ship were in far more desperate need then Obi-Wan.

Of course this was before Dex had learned that Obi-Wan?s ship had been shot down on the planet below. Orea, the planet that Dex had purposefully pulled the Forbidden Sprirt out of hyperspace over, housed many of Zara?s contacts and could help her get back to her home planet. What Zara and Dex hadn?t counted on was the attack that had come as soon as the had
    exited lightspeed nor had they expected one of the Jedi to follow and certainly had not foreseen Obi-Wan taking Zara?s ship to chase after the escaping prisoner. There wasn?t a doubt in Dex?s mind that the attack had been meant for Zara, someone was very eager to have her out of the way of Ionla and never make it to her trial on Coruscant.

Master Jinn lead them to one of the few empty offices and closed and sealed the door behind them. ?Now tell me why you sold out my Padawan? Tell me why you befriended him only to betray that friendship?? The older Jedi whipped out the questions with such a ferocity that Dex was more then a little afraid that the next questions would accompany a very deadly lightblade.

?It is complicated, Master Jinn,? Dex started, not quite sure how he was going to explain this to the irate Jedi.

?I am not simple, Captain, try me,? Qui-Gon snapped with the same restrained anger.

Dex thanked the stars around him that Jedi were masters of control, even when beings put those they loved in danger. Even if it had been unintentional on Dex?s part, he was sick at the thought that Obi-Wan Kenobi might be dying on Orea, away from his Master, and alone.

Dex shifted his large girth into a conforming chair. ?May I say that it was never my intention to involve Obi-Wan in this, but I could not allow my friend to be executed without helping her.?

?You mean you knowingly helped a war criminal escape your captivity?? Master Jinn nearly shouted, taking a menacing step towards Dexter.

?She did not do what that mockery of a court system convicted her of doing,? Dex said, not frightened by Qui-Gon but spurred on by the Jedi Master. ?I did what I felt was necessary so you can do your Jedi honor and go down on the planet and try to save your Padawan. If you must put me in jail first then do it, but you better move quickly. Zara will not leave him if she can find him.? Dex folded his four arms across his chest. Well the top pair managed to get across his chest, but the bottom pair had to settle for clasped hands.

Eyeing him warily, Master Jinn considered for a moment. ?What makes you think she won?t leave Obi-Wan? She admitted to him that she was responsible for the families death.?

?I mean no disrespect, Master Jinn, but you know little of what is going on here. Zara is not all she appears,? Dex tried to explain without explaining.

The Jedi Master closed his eyes and stood silently for a very long time. The older Jedi suddenly turned frighten. ?Obi-Wan is moving, his life Force is weak.?

Dexter stood up from his chair. ?You have the Forbidden Spirit?s crew at your disposal, Master Jinn. As I said before, Zara and I meant no harm towards Obi-Wan.?

The Jedi Master didn?t look any less suspicious but for now

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Hey, this is getting lost. Read me Seymore. Read me.

11. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Hmmm. So what is this big mystery that Mace and Yoda are so reluctant to tell anybody?

12. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Hmmm interesting! Need more soon!

13. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Didn't catch the new post until now.

What have Yoda and Mace been hiding from Qui-Gon? ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain]

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Good question Suzuran. I think it has something to do with the awful future that the force has planned for Obi-Wan.

I didn't expect her to make the effort to heal him :)

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 4

Fire blazing in Obi-Wan?s side finally pulled him back into consciousness. He restrained the moan that fought to pass through his parched lips, not wanting to wake his Master. Obi-Wan had yet to remember the events that had led up to this waking moment and thought that the pain
    in his side remained from the blaster wound he had received on Tolar 7. It was only when he tried to sit up, to do his usual morning meditations and felt a hand to small to be that of his huge Master push him back onto the bed that he knew that he was not in the safety that he assumed.

The hand moved from his bare chest and was joined by another down to where the fire was blazing. ?Hold still Jedi. I?m can?t apply the bacta correctly if you?re moving like a wild bantha,? the female?s voice was hard and cold in stark contrast to the tender, warm administration she was applying to his wounded side.

Obi-Wan worked moisture into his throat. He anxiously cleared the mist that hung in his mind like a drape over his memory. ?Where am I?? he said weakly. His mouth felt like the desert sands of Tatooine.

?You?re in an underground base on the planet Orea,? the feminine voice answered. Her hand fluttering over his side as she now pressed synthiflesh to his skin.

The voice was beginning to spark his memory, but it was like sparking flint in a wind storm to start a fire. Just as it began to catch it onto the kindling it was blown out. He sought out the Force and brought it?s swirling energies around his bruised and battered mind. He couldn?t
    even remember why his head ached so much. In time, the fire blazed burning the mist and
    allowing him full access to his memory.

Obi-Wan once again attempted to sit up, this time in an attempt to run away from Zara Valinor. This woman had escaped, had lead him on a treacherous chase, and although his being shot down wasn?t due to her, it was still while following her that it had occurred. But even as he struggled, Obi-Wan felt the small palm being pressed against the skin of his chest.

Now fearing that he was in danger, Obi-Wan?s eyes rocketed open. Light dazzled them instantly and he struggled to focus them on the darker blur that was hovering over him. ?I told you to hold still!? Valinor snapped.

Blonde hair came into focus and he batted it away from his face. The multi-hued color of her eyes were like steel grey, in her still bruised face. ?What happened?? he asked, not comprehending why he had to be patched up.

A cruel sneer spread across her pretty face, it was the first time that Obi-Wan had thought of it as such. ?Well, when you plowed the front end of my ship into Orea?s surface you got pretty cut up. I?ve stitched it and applied bacta, but if you insist on struggling like that, I can?t continue the bandage.?

Falling under the spell of her logic, Obi-Wan settled back on the medical bunk he was on. It was more like a hoversled, actually, straight, hard, and cold. What could only be loosely defined as a medical suite housed the hoversled. It was a sparse room, with a few shelves filled
    with the basics of medical healing. He wished that Qui-Gon had been able to follow Valinor with him, at least his Master could have helped him with a healing trance. It was still one of the aspects of training that he had a major problem with. He had only managed to induce himself into a trance a handful of times, without his Masters guidance.

With a quick jerking motion, Valinor snapped the bandage into place. She gave his
    stomach a sharp slap and said, ?Sit up. See how that fits.?

Obi-Wan slipped out of the cover that had been placed over his legs and was thankful to find that unlike his upper half, he was still clothed in his Jedi gear. Rolling his hips, he tested the wrappings, they were tight enough to secure the wound, but gave enough to allow him free movement. If there was anything to be said about Valinor, she had great medical skills.

?You do good work,? he said softly. ?Is there anyway I can get some water

16. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Okay, I'm confused. Everyone except Qui-Gon and Obi know that Obi's important?

What is up with that?

I'm majorly confused here.

17. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah, why is Qui-Gon in the dark about what everybody else seems to know?!? :confused:

Looks like another meeting of the Confused Club, Suzuran.

Post more, Zara. :)

18. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Jedi_Suzuran

Okay, I'm confused. Everyone except Qui-Gon and Obi know that Obi's important?
    What is up with that?
    I'm majorly confused here.

Think about Qui-Gon's outlook. The answer lays there. To Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan is only important because he's his Padawan. No other reason necessary.

Cascadia

Yeah, why is Qui-Gon in the dark about what everybody else seems to know?!?
    Looks like another meeting of the Confused Club, Suzuran.
    Post more, Zara.

I guess the answer is in Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon, except for his little dabbling in propehcy, is basically about your importance as a person now, not what you will become in the future. I'll be posting either today or tomorrow. Thanks.

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Sorry I've had computer problems I'll have a post up tomorrow.

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 5

The bunk in the Fresh Journey the ships that Zara had been given to make her escape from the planet Orea, was anything but comfortable. And even if Obi-Wan had not had his hands clasped and locked behind his back, he did not think he would have been able to sleep. It wasn?t even as if Obi-Wan hadn?t been in similar situations before without breaking his sleeping cycle, no what was really keeping him from the unconscious state was the feeling of another mind tugging at his. Considering the fact that the only beings on the ship were himself
    and Zara Valinor, Obi-Wan was not entirely comfortable with the situation.

He had noticed from their first meeting that Valinor was strong in the Force, but had not realized the mental resonance that passed between them. Now alone with the girl and away from Qui-Gon and the necessity to shield his master, Obi-Wan?s mind was flooded with the sensation.
    All his attempts to shield it out again had already failed and he only managed to block out Valinor?s thoughts. Still tendrils of her consciousness licked at him trying to break through his shields. Obi-Wan didn?t understand why. Had it been when she had healed him on the way to her hideout on Orea? Obi-Wan wasn?t sure.

He was reassured by the fact that it didn?t seem a concerted effort on Valinor?s part, more that it was an instinctive reaction possibly because of her incredible Force ability. It was the first time that Obi-Wan had ever met someone that was Force strong but untrained. For he knew that despite an incredible ability to link to the Force and using it to heal, that Zara had never been given proper instruction for her gift. He didn?t know what he had expected from an untrained sensitive, but Zara Valinor was certainly not in any definition he might have given.

Frankly, the girl confused him. On the outside she seemed every bit as cruel and heartless as a war criminal that had coldly murdered a family would be, but on the inside she was something very different. The fact that she had not left Obi-Wan with his fatal wound and taken
    her get-a-way, directly countered what he would have thought from the girl. The fact that she had gone as far as healing him with the Force only added to her mystery. Then there was the fact that she denied murdering the family but was admittedly responsible for their deaths.

Why had she kept him with her when after she had pulled him from the wreckage or her ship she could have left him at any medical clinic on Orea? These questions, along with Zara?s essence brushing against his, kept Obi-Wan up til late into the sleeping cycle. Just as his eyes were closing, he felt a wave of sadness crush him. A sadness that hadn?t come from him but
    from Valinor.

Feeling his usual calm stretched to the snapping point, Obi-Wan sat up on the bunk and swung his legs over the edge. It was clear to him that Valinor was in an emotional uproar, no matter how hard he tried to shield the barrage of feeling. The new question was; What had caused this sudden surge of melancholy?

The sadness was peaking, growing to overwhelming sorrow, and fearing that something terrible had happened to the pilot of the Fresh Journey, Obi-Wan stood up from the bunk, brought the Force to bare on the locked door, and stepped through it as it silently jutted open. Although he could have easily removed his binders with the same technic, he was afraid that Valinor would react seeing him out of his secured bunk and free from the binders. So he opted to leave them on and padded silently towards the sense of incredible sorrow that was beating against him.

He found his quarry inside the cockpit, the slight form of Zara Valinor bracketed by the tall tell starlines of lightspeed, the hypnotic dance of hyperspace. Obi-Wan usually enjoyed watching the cosmic art but at that moment did not even take notice of it?s dazzling display. He was too surprised to see that the slight form seating in the pilot?s chair, who usually looked like she could pull the e

21. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  22. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    What do you think about this update? Tell me.

23. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Didn't see you update, sorry about that.

Obi is bonding with Zara. Interesting that he thinks of Cerasi when he talks to her.

And what happened between Qui and the other Knight that seperated them?

24. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  25. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Sorry I missed this!

So why is Labar so cold toward Qui?

Post more! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.