main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For Those that Have None (Qui/Obi) Updated 01/18/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ZaraValinor, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    It wasn?t long before Qui-Gon and Lebar detected that they were not alone. Obi-Wan had been easily enough to track, even if his apprentice did feel slightly different from his normal self and they had been making good time through the busy streets of Ionla. Qui-Gon had to admit that he found it hard to believe that the world had been involved in a violent war recently. Unlike most capitol cities of worlds thrown into civil war, Larong?s buildings were solid and sure with no evidence of ion bombing or laser blasts. The militaristic part of Qui-Gon?s mind told him that most of the battles had been fought outside of the city, away from the bulk of the people. Hardly, the bloody tumults that Qui-Gon had been lead to believe through the Daalon report.

Without a word the two Jedi began to weave through the crowds, methodically so as not to make it easy for the tails to catch up to them. Lebar was unconcerned by their appearance and continued towards the direction Qui-Gon had sensed Obi-Wan in.

Qui-Gon was sure that they were going to lose their pursuers when two more appeared in front of them.

?What do you want to do?? Lebar asked, out of the side of his mouth, nodding at a beautiful ivory piece of architecture as if he were commenting about it?s design.

Always mindful of his surroundings, Qui-Gon had already picked up on a secluded alley that might be the best place for them to let their pursuers catch up to them. He let his eyes flicker to that spot even as he cocked his head in the direction of Lebar?s nod. It felt just like old times and for a moment, Qui-Gon imagined himself twenty years younger, ready to take on anything
    sent his way. Not so unlike his present Padawan.

Lebar gestured his agreement and the two Jedi, appearing as if they were nothing more then tourist, moved towards their selected meeting ground. It was a large alley way, if a bit darkened by an overhanging archway. The ivory that the city appeared to be completely made of sparkled even in the lowest of lights and the part of Qui-Gon that managed to pick up on the beautiful, albeit in he strangest times, quickly came to appreciate the Ionla architects.

?Would you stop gawking?? Lebar said gruffly, but with enough of a smile to let Qui-Gon know he was only teasing or that he knew Qui-Gon well enough to see what he was
    thinking.

Qui-Gon shook his head at the anomaly of his former Padawan. Many in the Order found Jinn perplexing but that was only because they had not spent a large amount of time with Lebar Suryan. His former Padawan was truly as enigmatic as his present one, they had both seen things differently then their Master. But where Obi-Wan would question him openly and honestly, Qui-Gon was beginning to wonder if Lebar had chaffed under Qui-Gon?s unorthodox views.

?Do we play the willing or aggressive negotiators?? Lebar asked.

?Let?s wait to see what they want first,? Qui-Gon answered with a slight smile of anticipation. It made Qui-Gon realize how much he had changed from his early Knight days. He and Lebar had practically swaggered around the Temple their years together. Thinking nothing could come between them. How foolish they had been!

Lebar gave him a surprised look. ?What? You mean they don?t want to kill us? thought that was a rule when we?re being followed.?

?Generally, yes, but I do not think that is their intent,? Qui-Gon answered, wondering at Lebar?s change of attitude. On the cusp of battle he got chummy. Well, if that?s how Lebar wanted to play it, then Qui-Gon was willing to go along.

They?re tails came hurriedly around the bend, but only so much that a trained Jedi would notice and spotted them quickly. They were obviously Ranocs with their stocky rock-like builds and the massive chiseled features of their face. The slightly taller of the two was more greyed and was the obvious elder of them both. It was he who took a step forward and addressed the Jedi. ?Qui-Gon Jinn?? he asked, his voice the grinding of stones.

?I am Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn,? Qui-Gon sa

2. Ohanzee_Tala

Ohanzee_Tala Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2002
    What are you doing?!? This is craziness! But I love it. :) Post more soon, and please let your Padawan post. I need more of his work too. :D

3. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I'm just creating my usual havoc, expect more before the story is finished.

4. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  5. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Any chance of an update any time soon?

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Post tonight. Promise.

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    What was I thinking? Obi-Wan thought to himself, even as the taste of Zara?s lips on his own lingered. It was bad enough that he had unconsciously participated in a bonding with her, but to encourage the bonding further in kissing her...was he purposefully trying to push the
    Council?s patience in the situation?

He could already tell that Qui-Gon wasn?t incredibly happy with him at the moment, knew that his Master was questioning what was in his mind. After Tolar 7, Obi-Wan was lucky that Qui-Gon hadn?t installed him in a mental institution. He could only imagine the lecture he was in for, that was if his Master was willing to speak with him at all. He seriously doubted it.

Before Qui-Gon and Lebar had arrived, Zara had taken him through the Resistence base so it was little rouble for him to find where his Master and friend, Lebar, were being kept. He nodded to the guard, Obi-Wan had been introduced as someone who was welcome to wonder the base but not allowed to leave. The guard activated the door and Obi-Wan plunged in. The cell was adequate, much better then the ones that Zara had been kept in on the Forbidden Spirit. Qui-Gon sat cross-legged on one of the bunks, attempting to meditate but by the crease in his forehead was failing miserably.

Lebar was laying on the other bed, his deep brown eyes studying the ceiling up above, a thoughtful furrow to his features. The two Jedi were trying hard to ignore one another, and Obi-Wan remembered that he had never received an answer to his question on whether they knew each other.

As Obi-Wan entered both Jedi diverted from their tasks, Qui-Gon giving up on his search for peace and Lebar his examination of the pitted ceiling, simultaneously they stepped off of their
    perspective bunks and then exchanged annoyed looks at one another.

Obi-Wan decided to address Qui-Gon first, he knew that his Master had been hurt by his previous slight in his excitement at seeing Lebar after so long. It was difficult to show such affection to his Master, he knew that Qui-Gon loved him and he felt the same for his Master, but with Lebar it just came more natural.

?Master,? Obi-Wan said, with a bow.

Although, not displaying his usual self-possession, Qui-Gon returned the greeting with much more cool composure then his outburst during their meeting with Zara. His Master seemed to be at a lost in what to do with his Padawan, and was more afraid for Obi-Wan then angry, but still Obi-Wan didn?t know how to deal with a Qui-Gon who was not the model of Masterhood.

?Kenobi you?ve been busy,? Lebar said, and Obi-Wan had no doubt that his old friend knew of the bonding between himself and Zara.

Beyond his control, Obi-Wan felt color rise to his cheeks. You have no idea, Lebar, he thought to himself, Zara coming to memory. ?I would like to explain what has been happening since we were separated on the Forbidden Spirit, Master,? Obi-Wan said instead.

Qui-Gon deflated with relief. ?That would be helpful, Padawan.?

A tentative smile came at the slight sarcasm in his Master?s tone. Quickly, Obi-Wan filled his Master in on the many events that had lead up to the bonding. When he reached that part he was sure to explain that neither he nor Zara had initiated it, but that it was the will of the Force. At his wording, Master Qui-Gon?s eyebrows arched but he did not speak. He just stood
    there, not pacing, but frowning thoughtfully as Obi-Wan told his story.

?I support her Master, I did not know that you would be imprisoned,? Obi-Wan finished.

?Padawan, I can?t help but thinking that this bares a striking resemblance to
    Melida/Daan,? Qui-Gon said carefully, clearing trying to remind his Padawan of where his duty was, but still not wanting to hurt him.

Still, the remembrance of that place did hurt Obi-Wan. He was trying to figure out a way to convince Qui-Gon that he was not going to make the same mistake as he had on Melida/Daan when Lebar came to face Qui-Gon head on.

?Do not throw Melida/D

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  9. Ohanzee_Tala

Dec 26, 2002
    I'm okay. It's all good.

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    **Falls to her knees, throws her hands up in the air, as she throws her head back and screams: obiwan!!!!!!!!!

12. Ohanzee_Tala

Dec 26, 2002
    Okay. I will say this now, and probably again. Wow. You're good. How in the world do you keep all these stories straight and, and...arggg. I am in serious need of a post as soon as possible.

13. Ohanzee_Tala

Dec 26, 2002
    Alright. Since I can't get you on the phone, then someone's on the internet. Here's your warning.

Eat dinner before 7 pm tonight. Also, Dave doesn't have glasses. I tell yoku this in the event that Scott and Dave trading places. Later!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.