1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NSW For Those who Aren't going to FOX

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by sirowein, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirowein Jedi Knight

star 1
    here here the olds have it
  2. LisaJ Jedi Knight

star 2
    Im going to Broadway....couldnt get tickets for Fox..

and I kinda like New....sorry...
  3. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

No worries, Stinrab.

Wedge: if there is going to be a Newie meet, it will have to be organised soon to get tickets.

Sure, I figure I can probably get tickets for the Maitland Meet* up until May 15 (LOL) but the Newcastle Meet (assuming Glendale?) would need doing soon.

* Maitland Meet List: Ozhaggis.
    LOL
  4. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've already got my tickets to the Glendale show. I'm in theatre 6. If you want to meet, get some tickets for that one and we'll meet beforehand at a bar or something.

Just not Maccas.
  5. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

Wedge: How about Burger King?

:D

(joking)

Damnit, Woolies won't be open, will they? Where am I going to get my damned munchies?

Oh well.

I guess I should get a ticket before I worry about that. :)

6. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, Woolies/Coles/Franklins should be open. That's where I always head before the movies. What time would you be getting there?
  7. Chewies_bandolier Jedi Knight

star 3
    New to this board (but not to Star Wars). I was working on the day that the Fox tickets went on sale, and unfortunately counted on my slightly less fanatical friend to pick up some ticket for me. I found out 2 days later that she hadn't been able to, 'cause they were all sold out. As such, I'm hauling my sorry self off to the George in the city for the midnight screening, but feel left out - are any other "true believers" heading off to the city instead of Fox?

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    Heya C_B, welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sure there'll be some SW nuts over at the City Premiere. It'll be a great night where ever you go to see it. :D
  9. sirowein Jedi Knight

star 1
    I now have tickets to the Miranda Premiere. Me and four others so far. Plans are going ahead for the EPI surround sound experience happenning at my neighbors place in Gymea Bay. Yeah Syrix I will be partying round the corner. Except you'll be at Fox of course. :)
  10. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    'Reckon I could come along and join you guys? :D

If I'm back in time that is... not sure how long the fan foce frivolity will last...

plus I've got uni on Thursday anyway, so I'll probably need some sleep.

Ah well.
  11. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Broadway is where I saw TPM, lovely cinema, I love the seats.

As for beer, Tooheys New or Heineken, and I believe Fosters is foreign owned if I'm not mistaken.
  12. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tooheys Old is necessary

I don't care where you are, Toohey's Old is necessary
  13. Keith_Katarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, SirO, I'm at Jannali and I'm not going to the midnight premiere at Fox - what are you guys up to ??
  14. Kehleyr Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll have to head off sometime and get sleep as I will have to work on the Thursday. Was going to chuck a sickie but it's slightly a bit close to my 3 weeks off the following week. Plus I need to take a sickie tomorrow to finish some uni work :D
  15. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

Okay Wedge, old man, I went and got a ticket for Glendale. Cinema 6 was sold out (big surprise that) but I still got one for cinema 7.

As for when I will be there, well - I finish up at 5pm, so basically depends what else I have to finish up before I go. So if you wanted to meet up, basically anytime after 5.

What do you think the line up situation will be like? Need to get there early for the line, or what?

6 hours ... I guess that's enough time to stock up on munchies at Coles. :)
  16. sirowein Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ahh Keith another Shiree, I am actually going to this premiere with non FFers as I kind of had this commitment from TPM.
  17. Keith_Katarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool. Cool. I'm going on Thursday anyway.
  18. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    I keep telling everyone we could start our own FanForce with all the Shire people. We could cut ourselves off from FanStalk NSW! :p
  19. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ozzie:

My girlfriend finishes her studies on Wednesdays at 5Pm so I'm not sure if I can make it then. But we were talking the other day and she said she wanted to go straight home and get herself ready then and I'd pick her up after dinner. So I'm sort of imagining I'd be arriving at GU at about 7:30-8ish.

But give me the weekend to finalise things.

At the Phantom Menace a few years back they made people line up from about 3PM where patrons have their tickets ripped there. Just before the toilet's location. The line ringed around the inside walls of GU, past the air hockey tables and out the doors and then to the right as you're walking out. I guess they'll do it again.

Is theatre 7 a Senstadium? :)
  20. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

Yes, it most certainly is. :)

I wouldn't be going to GU if it wasn't.

3pm, huh? Ouch.

Well I have no idea. I'll probably finish at 5, get something to eat (dinner wise), then head to Glendale, get some food (stuff with lots of caffeine, I am thinking, since I'll be up for 48 hours...) then head to GU and get in line. I'm not too worried about getting a good seat tho. I'll save that for the next session (Friday $6 tickets! w00t!). I'll be happy to sit on the carpet at the front at the premiere. :)

Of course, for anyone going to Charlestown Hoyts, they might as well sit on the floor for 2.5 hours - be a tad more comfortable than the seats. :eek:
  21. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know, but I have a feeling that SW won't be as busy this time around. That's the reason why I won't be there all day. And last time, at about 11PM when everyone was allowed to line up at the theatres themselves, everyone just ran to the doors and took up a new order anyway. It was kind of wasteful to line up in the first place.
  22. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

Yup.

If you desperately want a good seat, I can see the point. But I'm not fussed. Unless they've oversold, everyone will get a seat. I'll be happy wherever. Well, maybe not front row centre - then again, who knows? - but I'm not going to show up with a hockey stick.

And of course, I will be going Han Solo this time, which gives me a slight advantage. While everyone is pi- looking around for a group of ten, or arguing about if it's too close or too far or should we sit in the middle or the edge, I'll be able to slip into one of those empty spots. :)

mwahahahahahahaha

23. Count_D Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is anyone going to Erina?
  24. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm probably going to Randwick Ritz on Thursday to see it again during the day. :)
  25. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    I won't be able to afford to see it again until the Wednesday after!

Darn real life! :_|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.