1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:NSW For those who collect the toys...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ender Sai, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROE_Biggs Jedi Master

star 4
    i scored a Luminara figure this morning from Target at glendale. its one beautiful figure.
  2. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No plans on a light up saber as yet Mr Amidala. But i wouldnt rule it out. If mace becomes a popular character for kids after e2 we may see one.

Ive seen the Luminara, and while its cool, its not high on my list. I want the leads first.
  3. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    I wouldn't mind one myself, although I don't like how the blade doesn't retract all the way into the handle.
  4. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    The one thing - no, TWO things the cheaper sabers have going for them are their total blade retractablility and their belt clips. Would look good in costume.
    There were some Royal Guardsmen at Chatswood today.

Ender
  5. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    And how thick is the hilt on those El Cheapo sabers?

And they don't extend the full way either. :(

Although I must admit, whenever I see one on the shelf, I'm forced to lower my hand push the button ... I think eventually I'll have to get one at home. :)

BTW anyone know if the expensive sabers for $69.95 extend to the proper length?
  6. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    I'm pretty sure the length is fine, its just the retractiblity.
  7. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Of course, the popular belief is that length doesn't matter.

:D

E_S
  8. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Right, so the expensive sabers have the proper length, but to do this they are unable to retract all the way back into the hilt.

Wheras the El Cheapo sabers retract back into the hilt but aren't the proper length when extended.
  9. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Or you make your own... and ruin your hands from working with sandpaper and aluminium all day.

Still, a amateurish looking handmade saber would look better than the el cheapo sabers,
  10. ROE_Biggs Jedi Master

star 4
    With the cheapo's you can pull them a little further out on your own not that much further though.

the expenisves are apparently 3 ft long though ive not extended one.

I got Luminara cos i have all teh leads :)
  11. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah I'm making my own Tek, out of pewter.

Just got the button in today, it was a pain (refrained speech I assure you!) to drill the hole in a pewter without a clamp.

It involved non-lateral thinking (fortunately what I am best at), I placed the pewter rod in a groove of a sofa lounge and drilled a hole of 13mm.

Unfortunately the button I bought from Tandy had an underside rod bigger than 13mm, so I spent today drilling along the inside of the edges of the 13mm hole *carefully* (and painstakingly frustrating) making it bigger by trial.

Eventually I got it just right and pushed the button in a bit, then flipped it over and banged the button into the rod and even stood on it to get a tight and unremovable fit.

Great thing is though that the button actually works (depresses), it'll be excellent for when I make a fan film so I can actually press the button on a close-up.

Now all I need to do it solder one edge with another piece of pewter (that I'm in the process of drilling a hole in the centre to insert a conduit pipe to be the "blade") to the rest of the rod and apply some rubber and my homemade, original design saber will be complete.

And that's my technical post. ;)
  12. slaveone_2 Force Ghost

star 5
    Im getting a cheapo saber too, I dont want to bring my other toy ones in case they break.
  13. ROE_Biggs Jedi Master

star 4
    Shaak Ti is still the coolest figure though
  14. slaveone_2 Force Ghost

star 5
    Kinky chain Padme is the best.
  15. ROE_Biggs Jedi Master

star 4
    i have to admit that chain is a nice touch but Shaak ownz
  16. slaveone_2 Force Ghost

star 5
    It's the makeup that turns you on isnt it? ;)
  17. ROE_Biggs Jedi Master

star 4
    that make up is so uhh better not say on a PG board :)
  18. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Slavey you gotta remember some people saw what you were doing to Kinky Chain Padme [tm] figure. Shaak Ti is so owned by Luminara!!! Luminara = W00t!

The el Cheapo sabers are good for premiere or screening fights, you can whack hard and if they break, it's not the pain of a $70 saber!!!

E_S
  19. ROE_Biggs Jedi Master

star 4
    figure wise yes

but Shaak Ti leads all females on the sex appeal scale :p
  20. slaveone_2 Force Ghost

star 5
    Padme VS Shaak Ti VS Luminara.

Padme Wins :p
  21. ROE_Biggs Jedi Master

star 4
    more like Padme is sliced in three