For those who play ROMs on console Emulators

Discussion in 'Games' started by Theedage, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm just curious do any of you play any roms and if you do what games mainly?

Also, have any of you tried messing around with the netplay options on something like ZSNES.

I've tried the netplay on zsnes and aside from it being a little big laggy (both on cable modems, however other person is in Vancouver, Canada and I'm in MA, USA) it's fine. We've spent countless hours playing SmashTV and Final Fantasy 3.

2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Hypothetically speaking, if I did play emulated games (which I don't), I'd play old favourites that I used to pour money into in the arcades, such as "Powerdrift" & Outrun on the FinalBurn emu.

And I'd try and get the Star Wars pinball emulator working, with no luck. And get rather frustrated at that.

But y'know. I don't do that sort of thing, OK!
  3. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    I play many of the games from the MAME and ZSNES emulators. I cant wait to explore the Game Boy Advance emulators. Right now, Im playing good ol' Ogre Battle for the SNES!

ROMtacular!!
  4. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    I have yet to try any gameboy emulators, nor do i wish to. GBA's technology to me, seems like a direct copy of game gear only 5 years later...
  5. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
  6. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I tried getting that SW pinball emulator to work too. Gave up after little efffort.
  7. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I have a Sega Genesis emulator and play Mutant League Football, the Road Rash games, and Skitchin' quite regularly.
  8. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    I got Snes9x and Zsnes, and just went on an RPG tear. Practically the only non-RPG game I had was MKII.
  9. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Speaking of RPGs, I'd definitely go back and play the original Final Fantasies. I never played any of them.
  10. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    I've played 3, 4, and 5, I think. Also, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Link to the Past are very good.
  11. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    I recently played through A Link to the Past. Definitely in my top 10 favorite games of all time. And yeah, I'd also play Mana and Chrono Trigger, as I never played those. I was never a huge fan of RPGs.
  12. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    one of my buddies has like 12 or 13 old consoles in working order......so i get to play the original road rash:)
  13. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    The final fantasy series, for me, gave Nintendo the money it needed to still be around today.
  14. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    I cant wait to DL CRIME FIGHTERS for the MAME emulator. That game ate up many a quarter in my arcade days!!!
  15. Lone_Padawan Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    Golden Axe 1 duels rocked!!!!! And still rock, despite it's a little harder to control using keyboard vs controller.
  17. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    Considering the SNES has'nt worked for quite some considerable time, I loaded up that thar Z SNES with Secret of Mana, and damn, that game is STILL the buisness.

I really wanna play that game online... maybe soon.
  18. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't recommend doing it with anything less than broad band. I play final fantasy 3 online with a friend and we still get some considerable lag. Also, version 1.35 locks up everytime we try and netplay. We went back to 1.337 with out a problem.
  19. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I use the MAME emulator to play old arcade and atari games. I have a working Atari 2600 but I can't hook it up to my TV anymore. I also have a NES that's in working order (barely) so I get to play all the old classics.

Salty
  20. Darth_Groove Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Classic NES\SNES FF games = :)

Can't get my ZSNES to work, though. :( :_|
  21. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    OK, here's what I want... an emulator for Star Wars Trilogy Arcade.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.