main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON For: YJN Women Re: Padme Costumes

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jadepadawan, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I am going home this weekend and will be taking a trip to some second hand stores as well as looking around my house for some costume parts

I had originally stated that I wanted to do Daala, now I will either be doing the Padme black leather outfit ("We would be living a lie")or the blue outfit with the native designed poncho ("You're not all powerful"). I know that Stef has changed her costume idea and I am planning to do whichever one I can find stuff for so if any of the women are planning to do either of these two please let me know and I will not pick whatever someone else is doing.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    *cough*Slave Leia*cough*

3. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    oh, shut up john! :p

4. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey! I'm consistent.

:)

5. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    John, would you be satisfied if we taped pictures of Slave Leia on the inside of your glasses? :p

6. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Oh please no! That way when I looked at you I'd see....

shudders

That is just so wrong.

7. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    ok...getting OFF the slave leia topic....
    I really wanna do the yellow flower/picnic dress, but I know it'd be too hard.....and I wanna do the blue outfit (the one on my icon) but I can't find any picture below the shoulders.....dammit! The best costumes can't be done! lol.

8. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Ok seriously here.

If you are looking for pictures and discussion for anything costume related the best place is the Costuming and Props Forum.

You'll find plenty of messages on the various Padme costumes, including the blue one you like Mallory, and advice from people who have already made the costumes.

Check it out!

9. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    In resonse to Steph's post... I was kinda thinking of the Black corset one, for after ep 2 comes out, ie for the Con in Toronto. The only reason being, I can't find enought good pictures of the dress yet.... I am doing a Leia dress for the opening of Ep2 tho... The last dress in ANH where she is giving the medals to Han and Luke....

And maybe a slave down the road...

Laters

Shaden

10. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    Laurie:
    How hard would it be to make this costume:

[image=http://www.natalieportman.com/images/movies/swep2/costumes/4a.jpg]
    [image=http://www.natalieportman.com/images/movies/swep2/costumes/4c.jpg]

11. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I see felt.

Expensive, heavy felt...

It would be so nice to have an essentially unlimited budget when making costumes!

12. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't see felt........
    plus, it could easily be made of something other than felt, even if it is felt. lol

13. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    It looks to me that the bodice is made out of navy velvet,that is very heavy and expensive to buy, I think that the silver sleeves are made from satain it looks like...

14. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    The other dress I'm going to make... No one will be able to escape me here, I'm pretty much planning to do all the Padme dresses in AotC....

The Bodice is navy Velvet. The skirt is more then likely the same material as the sleves over top of a gray-ish or silver fabric that makes up the rest of the skirt.

For the sleves I had been thinking, and I'm going to a frabric store soon. I will post what I come up with, but the best idea is to hang out where I do, the costume board. Its the best place for advice, and to watch the trailer in frame by frame mode....

Also the arm bands *there is three on each upper arm* don't look to be metal, but maybe leather, or something similar, a fabric that isn't to hard to cut, but easy to keep the shape you want. They are prolly connected by velcro or snaps... my guess is snaps, easier to hide, they hold better in small spots. *or even hooks and eyes, altho that would be hard to get on...*

One other thing, the front of the bodice is all embroidered as far as I can see. for mine I was thinking of getting beads and going kinda nutz but keeping the same-ish pattern.

And yet another thing, the bodice someone said is possibly a seprate piece from the dress itself... making it an even hotter dress to wear!

This dress by far will not be very easy, because it looks as tho everything but the skirt would have to be hand made. if you could find an old prom dress, or brides maid dress with the same type and colour skirt, you could use that.

Hope this helps...

Shaden ^_^*

15. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    arg! ok, I changed my mind again, but this is the one I wanted to do in the first place: the flame/handmaiden dress

here's a really good pic of it
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/queenshandmaidens/flamedress/flame4.jpg]

16. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Yeah, that is really good. It's all one square piece with a red X at the corner. Not too difficult :D

17. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Nick you are a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *slaps knee* [face_laugh]

But seriously folks, I know everyone wants a new costume for EP II, but you haven't really left yourselves much time. In my experience, to make a really good costume...you need a minimum of at least a month or two depending on the amount of detail involved. Right now it's taken me a month to put together Battle Padme for myself (which I'm still not quite finished), and I'm now working on Eryn's Zam...which is VERY complicated, and also Count Dooku for Mitch. I can offer advice...but I'm afraid there is no way I can do anyone else's costume in time for EP II.

18. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok, I changed my mind again but for the FINAL TIME I swear cause I have most of the costume ready already-don't even have to sew anything!

I am doing the rainbow outfit that Pademe wears at the balcony before she and Anakin kiss and the only things I have left to get are two silver armbands and the silver choker she wears so if anyone has anything I could use let me know!

Also, if someone could show me the picture in the Vanity Fair of that outfit at the next get-together that would be great!

19. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
  20. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    The Picnic dress?!?! I really wanna do that dress for Prom or some formal soon... Not my prom, but.. Maybe a wedding or something! I can bring my copy of Vanity Fair, and I can show ya a thread full of people wanting to do the dress, and ideas on how to do so! I can't wait to have money!

Shaden

21. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    jadepadawan - in case you change your mind again, I'm in the middle of making the "you're not all powerful Ani" Tatooine blue if you need any advice :D The poncho part is all done and I'm working embroidering right now (very long and tedious). Will be ready for Celebration II. Good luck with costumes, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.