main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For You by jedi1952. Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi1952, Mar 29, 2014.

1. jedi1952

jedi1952 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2007
    For You
    By jedi1952

A/N: This is an AU that takes place at the beginning of A New Hope. In the movie all we really saw was the result of the Imperial raid on the farm. But what if…..?
    A/N 2: My thanks go to GreatOne for her taking the time to look over this little story. Her insights and suggestions were of tremendous help.
    Disclaimer: This story was created purely for fun and is NOT an attempt to make money and/or to infringe upon any copyrights and/or trademarks held by Lucasfilm.

Owen and Beru Lars sat at the table. They were worried about Luke.

Owen frowned and said, “Beru, you say that Luke left very early to go get the new droids’ memories wiped?”

Beru blinked back tears. “Yes, I heard him get up and when I asked why he was up so early, that is what he said.” She shuddered. “But Owen, that was many hours ago and we still have not heard from him…”

They both fell suddenly silent as they heard the approach of many vehicles. Not a usual occurrence in the wilds of the Tatooine farms.

Before they could react they heard an odd sounding voice call out, “In the name of the Empire, come out with your hands up. Resistance will be met with force.”

Owen and Beru froze in terror. That was the voice of a stormtrooper. Was their worst nightmare about to come true?

Before they could react further, they were surrounded by stormtroopers and forcibly led out of the home into the desert. An Imperial officer faced them.

The officer looked at them in a superior manner. “Where are the droids?”

Owen replied, somewhat confused, “What droids?”

“The droids you purchased yesterday from the Jawas.”

“They are not here,” Owen responded.

“Where are they?”

“Not sure,” Owen replied. “Could be out on the North ridge.”

The officer looked at the Larses intently. His eyes grew even harder. “They don’t know anything. Kill them,” he ordered.

The stormtroopers raised their weapons.

Suddenly a dark shadow appeared overhead. Distracting everyone. It was an Imperial shuttle. And not just any Imperial shuttle. It was Darth Vader’s personal shuttle.

Everyone froze.

The shuttle landed with a hiss of hydraulics. The ramp lowered.

All held their breath in anticipation or terror….

Down the ramp strode the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Vader looked upon the scene and ordered, “Belay that.”

The Imperil officer looked at Vader in confusion and gulped, “My Lord?”

Vader regarded the officer with contempt which, even hidden by the mask, all could feel. “I said belay that order. Can you not comprehend that?” he said menacingly.

The officer, clearly quaking, said, “Yes, My Lord.”

Vader moved away from the group and pulled out his comlink. He hesitated. Who should he contact to carry out his next order? Not the Admiral. That idiot could not be trusted to ensure his order was executed correctly. He mused for a moment considering more junior officers. Ones he could rely on. He activated his comlink. “Piett.”

“My Lord,” Piett, who was in his quarters, answered.

“Piett, remove all references of the Larses from the records of this mission. And do so quietly.”

“It will be done My Lord,” Piett replied, hiding his shock at the direct contact from the Dark Lord.

After closing the comlink, Vader pondered his next step. Obviously he needed to eliminate any witnesses to the Larses involvement with the droids and this mission. So be it. Vader approached the officer ordering, “You and the sergeant will remain here with me. The rest of your squad will return to the Devastator.”

Vader then turned to face the squad, focusing on the corporal. Drawing on the dark side, Vader issued a mental order through the Force for the corporal to make certain mechanical modifications to their shuttle. Those modifications would result in the shuttle exploding as it left Tatooine’s atmosphere. Witnesses eliminated. Ah well, accidents do happen in space, Vader thought with dark satisfaction.

That taken care of, Vader returned his focus to the officer and the sergeant. Both of whom were staring at him in terror. “Sergeant, take off your armour.”

“My Lord?” the sergeant stammered.

“Do it.”

“Yes, My Lord.”

Vader used the Force to pull a ‘discarded’ flame throwing weapon of destruction to him. He then fired it at the officer and the stormtrooper sergeant. The result was two bodies burned beyond any hope of analysis or recognition. Vader then set the weapon on overload and threw it onto the pile of stormtrooper armour. The resulting explosion vaporized any remaining evidence.

Turning back to Owen, who was now very pale and shaken, Vader said, “You and Beru must leave Tatooine, change your name, and disappear so all will think you were killed. Don’t go to Anchorhead, Mos Eisley or Mos Espa. Depart the planet from at least as far away as Bestine.”

Ever practical, despite his fears, Owen replied, “Anak...Lord Vader, how will we do this? We have few liquid credits, our assests are tied up to the farm…”

Vader nodded in understanding. He handed Owen an untraceable credit chip. “This should get you away and tide you over for a while. I will transfer more when it can be done anonymously. But let me be clear. I do not do this for you or Beru. I do this for Shmi.”

Owen and Beru, while still worried about Luke, were thankful that they had hid his existence throughout this ordeal. They knew that to continue to do so they would have to leave immediately and without him. They prayed that he was safe and would know to seek shelter with the Darklighters.

Sensing Owen and Beru’s concurrence, Vader turned and entered his shuttle to return to the Devastator. He thought, this was for you Mom. I know you would want your adopted family protected.

Little did Vader know that shortly after his departure, a certain farm boy of Tatooine would return to his burned down home and see two corpses burned beyond recognition. And that the farm boy would be off on a journey to his destiny.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    “My Lord?” the sergeant stammered.

Guys. Y'all need to Not. Question. Vader

But let me be clear. I do not do this for you or Beru. I do this for Shmi.”

Woah. What a beginning.
    That is incredibly interesting.

Wait, is this a one-shot?? This is the first fanfic I've randomly read in YEARS and you can't tell me you're just ending there.
    More?

3. jedi1952

Apr 15, 2007
    Actually I do have an idea for more. Unfortunately this is only point A in a plan that could potentially go through E. I am working on point B first. But for now 'For You' is just a one shot.

I thank you for your reply and am gratified that you found it interesting.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Like Pants, I found this extremely fascinating. =D= =D= When this starts up again, however it does, I'm there. [:D]

5. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Personally, I'm not even sure I would call this AU...it's so totally plausible even if unlikely based on what we saw. And well-written. I like it. I, too, would read more.

6. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Very interesting concept! I could definitely see Vader doing that. Loved it, and if you choose to write more, I would definitely like to read it. :)

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Great idea, Vader choosing to spare Owen and Beru! Would be interesting to see them contact Luke, later on....

8. jedi1952

Apr 15, 2007
    gosh thank you all!. Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't realize I had all these reviews. No email notifying me of them.

As to a sequel, I am picking at a longer story. Actually this one shot was originally meant to be a prologue to a longer story...and it may end up that way eventually. But I am a long way off from posting anything more. I still don't have the longer story outline completely in my head yet.

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Just stumbled over it, because my brilliant beta SWpants posted her comment in here.

Thanks for writing it. This shows that deep in Vader there always remained a core of goddess, kindness and empathy.

It would be sad if this was just a one shot, but please do not force yourself. Wonderful ideas like this need to ripen.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  10. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Interesting concept. I like the idea that it could have happened this way. Great way to showcase the inherent good that still existed at Vader's core. Well done. =D=

11. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I am browsing through the first few pages of fics and I found this and quite enjoyed it and the premise --- if you continue this - please tag me in.

12. jedi1952

Apr 15, 2007
    Hi all, again my apologies for not responding promptly. Again I had no email notification about updates on this thread. I find myself very frustrated with this site these days. Do any of you know where there is a tutorial on how to use this messaging system?

I would love to do a consolidated response with quotes as I have seen others do. But even after poking around TFN info areas I still haven't found a tutorial.

As to Anakin still even then in Vader, I am glad you spotted that, as that was what I was going for. Of course the WAY he goes about resolving the situation with the Imperials is still pure Vader.

I have been picking at part B of the story and yes, Luke, Owen and Beru will eventually meet up. ;)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi. Strangest thing. My e-mail alerts stopped some months ago, so I bookmakred Watched Threads where I could see the list of fics I had put on watch ... then suddenly my e-mail alerts started up again. [face_thinking] Yours might too [face_laugh] Looking forward to what happens next story-wise. Also, I believe under the help section there is a section to show how to do markups for bold and italics, etc. Quoting replies examples is shown on that page.

14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I think the alerts were affected when the search function went wacky which has not been fixed --- Yay!!

15. jedi1952

Apr 15, 2007
    I think the email notification is working some of the time. But not totally. The Edit function is back though. That is good as I could fix some spacing and font issues I had with this post. Now if I could just figure out how to do a horizontal line...and quoting...

As to the alerts, I am getting them on the site when I login, but still not getting all via email. I guess I need to recheck my settings.