main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL For you Indiana Jones fans!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by REDEYEE, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Indiana Jones 4 News Update
    February 9, 2006 | 1:30 PM EST | Keri

With the release of Harrison Ford's new film Firewall opening February 10th, he has been promoting the movie and doing interviews. Questions regarding the fourth installment in the Indiana Jones series have surfaced and the tight lipped Ford gave some small insight on www.tmz.com as to when we might actually see the film released as well as when the plot will take place. Indy fans can hope for a possible release in 2007, with a plot taking place "sometime after World War II." Ford also talks briefly about the Prequel Trilogy and the immense special effects dwarfing emotion between people in films today. To read the entire interview on tmz.com, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Harrison Ford Readies for Two New Films
    When will the fourth 'Indiana Jones' make it to the big screen?
    By DAVID GERMAIN, AP MOVIE WRITER
    (Feb. 7) -- Trust him, the once and future Indiana Jones is still up to the challenge.

It's been three years since Harrison Ford has hit the screen, his longest stretch without a movie since "Star Wars" launched him to celebrity nearly 30 years ago.

It's been even longer since Ford scored a solid hit, but he's back on familiar ground with the high-tech heist flick "Firewall," playing another Everyman character forced to rise to the occasion.

And Ford hopes that two other pet projects will follow closely: "Manhunt," a 19th century drama in which he's cast as the Army detective who tracks down John Wilkes Booth, Abraham Lincoln's assassin, and that elusive fourth chapter in the "Indiana Jones" saga.

Ford, producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg have kicked "Indy 4" ideas around for years as several screenwriters had a go at the script.

"We're now closer than we've ever been," Ford said in an interview with The Associated Press in a beach-front hotel room. "I think it'll happen pretty soon."

At an American Film Institute bash for Lucas last year, Ford joked that they had to hurry, or co-star Sean Connery would be too old to play Indy's dad. At 63, does Ford feel too old to play dashing adventurer Indy?

"No, no. Indiana Jones changes just like everybody else," Ford said. "I don't have any issues with that, and I still feel physically adequate to faking it just like I've been doing for 30 years. I'm looking forward to it. It's good fun."

At one time, the three had hoped to shoot the "Indiana Jones" sequel in 2004 for release last year. Now, Ford said, production could begin this year, with the movie arriving in 2007.

Lucas has laid to rest his sixth and final "Star Wars" movie, while Spielberg is fresh from his 2005 two-fer, "War of the Worlds" and "Munich."

"Part of it is finding a time when all three of us are available to commit to it," Ford said. "I think we've got that now."

Though he had a three-year hiatus between 2003's crime-comedy flop "Hollywood Homicide" and "Firewall," Ford said the latest film took an unusually long time to get into production as the script evolved and personnel changed.

Directed by Richard Loncraine ("Wimbledon," "Brimstone & Treacle"), "Firewall" casts Ford as a computer-security expert forced to help carry out a $100 million cyber bank job after a crook (Paul Bettany) takes his wife (Virginia Madsen) and children hostage.

"Firewall" maintains a thread common to many of Ford's most successful roles. In "Air Force One," Ford was a U.S. president who turned action hero to thwart hijackers. In "The Fugitive," he was a doctor on the lam, trying to prove himself innocent of his wife's murder. In "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger," he was a CIA desk jockey pressed into field service.

Films veering from that unlikely-hero formula often have failed Ford, including such box-office duds as the romantic drama "Random Hearts" and the gloomy submarine saga "K19: The Widowmaker."

Since 1997's "Air Force One," Ford has had modest success with the desert-isle action romance "Six Days Seven Nights" and one smash hit, the ghost story "What Lies Beneath," though the latter was mainly Michelle Pfeiffer's movie.

With more than his share of commercial fortune from his "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" days, plus hits such as "Witness," "Working Girl" and "Presumed Innocent," Ford is unconcerned about maintaining blockbuster status in Hollywood.

"I don't have to be on top anymore. I just have to be available," Ford said. "Yes, you certainly hope for some success for your films, because there's a lot of money invested, and you want to see people get their money back, at least.

"But the business is far less predictable than it used to be. The competition is greater, the time allotted in a theater for the movie to find its audience is less, the cost of advertising is higher. It's just become more complica

3. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Well Connery was only in one of the three episodes and really, I think it would be appropriate if he DIDN'T come back. We don't want to lose focus of who the film is about. It's INDIANA JONES. Not INDIANA AND SON.

Indy already has a couple of recurring characters and they're truly a loveable bunch. But already we can see where Connery distracts us from them and that's not healthy. Bring them back and leave him out.

4. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    AWESOME thanks for the info

5. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    i totally agree with you dairnimiris,Connery would make it all...bad...yeah i like the lone Indiana Jones,its better when theres not ol' connery tagging along

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.