main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Forbidden kiss rewrite and repost updated Jan 31 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Oct 24, 2012.

1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Loved the touch in there with Chewie seeing the mark on his arm and instantly understanding on some level what had gone on.

Falcon likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice update, seeing familiar ones get reacquainted. :D

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Two days later

Fress walked out of the kitchen and noticed Brice was curled up fast asleep in Jess’s arms. She smiled as she reached into her pocket and produced a holo cube and snapped a quick holo. She sat down beside Jess and placed a hand around Jess as she gently placed her free hand on Brice.

Fress leaned her head against Jess’s shoulder as he gave a contented sigh. “Chewie just called and they’re on their way back. They should be here in two days from now.”

“That’s good to hear, but I don’t want to leave now,” Jess said with a heavy sigh. “I’m more in love with Brice.”

“I know the feeling,” Fress agreed as she ran her fingers through Brice’s hair. She didn’t want to leave this gem behind a second time. “We don’t have a choice.”

“Any word from Rick yet?” Jess questioned with a serious expression. “He said he would call as soon as he arrived at his sisters and that should’ve been yesterday.”

“I’m sure he’s settling in and finding out what his sister needs him to do. I’m sure he’ll call as soon as he gets some free time,” Fress commented with a worried expression. Something didn’t feel right like something was off.

“I’m sure that’s it,” Jess agreed in a worried tone. Maybe it just wasn’t her. “Does something feel like it’s off in the Force?”

“It does,” Fress agreed as she gently hugged Brice to her. That was the polite way of saying there was a disturbance in the Force and she had a bad feeling about this visit to Corellia. Why do I have this feeling we’re taking Brice with us? “You don’t think Rick’s sister ratted him out?”

“Rick planned to tell no one of Brice’s origin,” Jess reminded Fress. “I highly doubt it.”

“On the outside chance she did?” Fress questioned with a serious expression. “Why didn’t he ask his sister to be the god mother?”

Jess was silent, way too silent. He glanced down at Fress with a frown. “He doesn’t trust her. I suddenly have a bad feeling about this.”

“Me too, we don’t say anything to Brice until we know for sure,” Fress explained with a frown. If something did happen to Rick, Brice would be crushed and she wasn’t sure if she was prepared for the outcome. If Palpatine knew they had a son as well, there was no telling what he might do.

Luke and Rex decided to run the shop today and Ahsoka was off shopping with Leia for extra supplies and some med supplies. She stood up careful not to wake Brice. “I think it’s time to make the midday meal.”

Jess nodded in agreement as Fress slipped back into the kitchen.
    ------------
    Brice rushed to the holo field as Rick’s sister, Brehanna gave a smug grin causing him to stop and wonder what the expression was about. “Hey Aunt Bre, is dad there?”

“No, he’s out at the moment running an errand for me,” Brehanna answered with a frown. “How is my nephew?”

“I’m good,” Brice answered as he glanced back towards the living area where Fress and Jess were discussing something. “I was hoping dad would make the call.”

“What? You don’t want to say hi to me? I was disappointed when I learned you weren’t coming, what was the reason? Something about your biological parents showing up?” Brehanna questioned with a frown.

“My parents are…” Brice stopped as he sensed something was wrong. He stayed behind because his dad asked him too. He heard someone walk up behind him causing him to turn his head. Anakin was standing behind him with a concerned expression on his face. Anakin placed a hand on his shoulder. “My parents are Jedi that survived order 66.”

“Fress Colias and Jess Shern?” Brehanna questioned with a frown.

“How did you know?” Brice questioned with a frown. “Did dad tell you?”

“I told them,” a voice cackled from behind Brehanna. “And Rick is being executed for harbouring a Jedi child.”

“Let Rick go,” Anakin growled from behind Brice. “It’s me that you want, leave Rick out of this.”

“Oh no my traitorous apprentice, I want Brice in exchange for Rick, but something tells me your former apprentice will disagree,” Palpatine outlined with a sickening smile.

“Let my dad go and…” Brice began to speak but Fress placed a hand over his mouth quickly.

“No Brice, we can’t let you do that,” Fress turned her attention to the holo field. “No deal. You can’t have my son. I know what you plan to do with him and I’m dead set against it.”

“Let us speak to Rick,” Fress demanded in a hardened tone that shouldn’t be refused.

“Very well,” Palpatine disappeared as they focused in on Rick who was tied up to a large wooden stake in the ground.

“Dad?” Brice cried out with tears filling his eyes. “I’ll do what he wants…”

“Brice, you must not give in. The galaxy can’t afford another Sith Lord. You’re the next generation of Jedi. No matter what happens just remember I love you,” Rick softened his features with love in his eyes. He turned his attention to Fress with a terrified expression. He knew he was going to die. “Please look after my son.”

“I promise,” Fress agreed as Brice yelled out in anguish.

“We have to do something,” Brice pleaded sounding desparate. “Please don’t hurt him.”

Fress hugged Brice from behind as a man with a whip whacked Rick’s back. He did so over and over again as Brice balled. She tightened her grip around Brice as Jess joined them from behind. “Don’t look. Palpatine will use you to benefit him and you will be dragged through the mud. Your father doesn’t want to see that happen.”

“I love you dad,” Brice’s voice sounded terrified to Fress’s ears. Considering what was about to happen, she could understand.

Rick’s attention turned to Brehanna and he scowled with disgust attempting to hide the pain. “You call yourself my sister. I no longer want you in my life, you don’t betray your family. Brice I love you. Don’t give yourself over on my account,” with the final lash blood gushed out causing Rick to scream. The screams died as his body went limp.

The image switched back to Palpatine. “You can save his life. The agreement is you turn Brice over to me.”

“Rick is sacrificing himself for Brice’s safety,” Fress snapped angrily. “We will not allow Rick’s death go in vain.”

“When I find you, that hour will be your last,” Anakin threatened from behind them. “I will strangle you with my bare hands.”

“You have forty-eight hours,” Palpatine explained with a sickening smile. “Don’t try anything or I will kill him.”

With that Palpatine cut the connection as Brice turned to Fress and Jess with pleading eyes. “You have to do something. Please.”

“Do we have time to sneak onto Corellia?” Fress questioned as she glanced at Jess who nodded. “How is the question, it can’t be obvious.”

“Hire a smuggler who is willing to do this mission?” Jess questioned with a frown. “I have one on my contact list I would trust with this mission. The only question is can we get him to agree?”

“It’s worth a shot, we can’t let Palpatine catch wind of this,” Fress agreed with a frown.

“I’ll get into contact with him and ask him to meet me here,” Jess disappeared into a separate room as Anakin placed a hand onto her shoulder.

“You’re not going,” Anakin said as he eyed her up and down with a frown.

“And why not?” Fress questioned with a hardened stare. “Anakin, I’m old enough to make my own decisions.”

“Fress, haven’t you noticed yet?” Anakin questioned with a frown. “Your appearance has changed in the past week.”

“What?” Fress questioned in confusion as she walked to a mirror and looked at herself. Her eyes looked more drawn in and her tummy was sticking out a little more then usual. It wasn’t flat anymore. She walked back out with a frown. “Okay, so I put on a little weight. It doesn’t mean I shouldn’t go.”

“I think you missed the larger holo my dear,” Anakin patiently said with a small smile. “I sense another being inside you.”

“That’s not funny, Anakin. I can’t have any more children,” Fress growled angrily.

“I would fire the medic who told you that then,” Anakin commented as Brice placed a hand onto her tummy and grinned temporarily forgetting about his father’s situation.

“Amuse me Fress,” Anakin challenged with a knowing smile.

“Fine,” Fress turned her attention back onto her uterus as she sensed another mind react to her touch? She sucked in a breath as Jess wondered in with a grin.

“Really? After all this time?” Jess questioned with a grin as he hugged Fress to him. “I’m thrilled. It’s a miracle.”

“Fire the medic,” Fress sighed as Jess released his grip on her, her frown soon turned into a wide grin. “I’m pregnant.”
    -------------
    Fress sat down on the couch at Brice’s instance that he wait on hand and foot for her. Brice was so much like Jess and over protective. She smiled as Ahsoka walked in with a raised brow as Brice sat down a cold glass of juice and crackers on the small table beside the couch. “Thanks Brice,” Brice grinned as he scampered off, if nothing else this was taking his mind off of what was going on with Rick.

“Why is Brice waiting on you hand and foot?” Ahsoka questioned as Leia entered into the living room.

Fress gave a mischief smile as Jess walked in with Brent Kerkton in tow. “Well?”

“We have a plan and we’re leaving now if we’re to get to Corellia in the next twelve hours,” Jess answered as he leaned down and kissed Fress then proceeded to kiss her tummy. “I love you both.”

“Oh my,” Ahsoka raised an eyebrow with a small smile. “Does that mean what I think it means?”

“Be careful Jess,” Fress said with a gentle smile. “Good luck, if Palpatine knows you’re there. He won’t hesitate.”

“I will,” Jess straightened as he looked at Brent. “We should get going.”

“Right behind you, Commander,” Brent followed Jess out of the dwelling.

“What’s going on besides the now obvious?” Ahsoka questioned with a serious expression.

“Rick’s sister betrayed him to Palpatine due to raising our son,” Fress answered with a frown. “He threatened to kill Rick if we don’t hand Brice over in forty-eight hours. Jess is going to attempt to rescue Rick, but if Palpatine finds out he won’t hesitate to kill Rick.”

“It sounds like we missed some excitement. How’s Brice handling this?” Ahsoka questioned with concern as she sat down beside Fress.

“As well as he can for a ten year old,” Fress answered with a sigh. “The only thing that’s keeping his mind off of this is doing things for me. Looks like the medic was wrong, I’m pregnant. I should see a medic to see how things are progressing. The prospect of a sibling seems appealing to Brice.”

“Congratulations, we were under the impression that you couldn’t have any more children due to what Anakin did,” Leia pointed out with a frown.

“The Force has other plans,” Fress said with a smile. “It’s a blessing, Leia. And Brice was a blessing as well. Every moment you can spend with each other is, you don’t know when your last day will be.”
    ---------------
    TBC

obsessedwithSW, Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon! Wow!!!!! What a blend of emotions you have here!!! =D= Eagerly awaiting the outcome of all the various rescue missions. Happy about Fress too.

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Happy New Year [:D]

Jess glanced at Brent as they walked down the ramp of Brent’s ship. “I really appreciate you helping us out.”

“No problem, Commander,” Brent said with a frown. “I don’t agree with what Palpatine is doing with the only father Brice has ever known. Even though you are…”

“Rick did raise Brice, I only helped give the kid life,” Jess agreed as he checked his lightsaber hilt and pulled up the hood of his robe over his head. “Would you mind staying here, until I know where they’re holding Rick?”

“Not at all, just comm me as soon as you find the location and we’ll blast our way in,” Brent answered easily as he checked the blaster at his hip. “I don’t mind doing this for a small minimal fee. Say the price of fuel and food?”

“Deal,” Jess answered as he headed off towards Rick’s sister place. The best place to start was the person who betrayed Rick in the first place. Hopefully they haven’t moved Rick since the comm call yesterday afternoon.

As Jess moved through the back alley’s he noticed most of the inhabinants were indoors. He wondered with all that was going on that Palpatine had the local authorities put marshal in affect. It wouldn’t surprise him in the least. A hand landed on his shoulder and pulled him into a door way. He felt his muscles tense as a hand reached for his lightsaber.

“Easy Commander, you’re safe,” A familiar voice whispered as Jess’s muscles relaxed. He hadn’t heard that voice in at least ten years.

“Rostek?” Jess questioned with a small smile.

“Glad you remember me, Jess. I heard about your son’s adoptive father and we scoped out the area where he’s being held,” Horn explained with a small smile. “Need some help? Val and I are ready to assist you in anyway we can.”

“Thank you,” Jess felt relieved somewhat as he glanced at Neja’s son. Val gave a wide smile. “How’s Corran?”

“He’s doing well and bent on following me in my footsteps,” Val answered with a proud smile. “So what about your son?”

“He wants to train,” Jess answered as they headed to a parked speeder and climbed in. “Brice is strong in the Force as Anakin is. We can’t let Palpatine get his hands on Brice.”

“So that’s why he chose Brice over Skywalker’s kid,” Rostek made a thoughtful expression. “I would’ve thought for sure he would go after Luke and yes his name has been making its rounds as of late.”

Jess gave a slight smile. Luke was on the wanted posters just as much as the others. “I appreciate you helping us out.”

“We have to look after any Jedi children if the order has any chance of restoring at some point,” Rostek explained. “Well and you are an old friend.”

“Thank you,” Jess answered with a smile. “We view you as friends as well.”

Rostek smiled as he pulled the speeder in front of a small house. “We need to plan before we go barging in.”

“We don’t have much time to plan,” Jess explained as he climbed out of the speeder. “Less then twelve hours.”

”That’s more then enough time,” Val said as he walked up the steps. “By the way, Jess. Have you and Fress tied the knot yet?”

“We have plans too,” Jess smirked then grinned. “A miracle happened. After we were told we could no longer have children. Fress is pregnant. We’re excited. That’s why she couldn’t be here. It might be our only chance at having another child and we don’t want to risk it.”

“Congratulations to the both of you,” Val grinned as he patted Jess on the back.

“I’m thrilled to hear that,” Rostek said with a smile. “After what you told us what happened, it sounded like it would take a miracle.”

“Thanks,” Jess glanced over and saw Corran watching them with a frown. “Hello Corran, how is school?”

“Good,” Corran answered as his green eyes switched to his father. “Jess right?”

“Yes,” Jess answered with ease as Corran smiled.

“It’s good to see you, and did I overhear something about Fress?” Corran questioned with a frown.

“She’s pregnant,” Jess answered with a proud grin. “We couldn’t be more excited.”

“That’s good to hear,” Corran looked at his father again with suspicion. “Another rescue mission?”

“Yes,” Val answered as he walked to Corran’s side. “It’s not right on what they’re doing to Rick. Brice needs his father.”

Corran nodded in agreement as he disappeared back into the study as Jess glanced at his two comrades. “The sooner we make the plans, the better.”
    -------------------
    9 hours later
    Jess ran along side the building as Val distracted the execution party with a drink and sedatives. Rick had Ysalmiri surrounding him causing Jess to feel queasy as he lost contact with the Force. It also worked in his favour. Palpatine would not be able to sense him, he put up with the sensation for Brice`s sake.

Jess quietly moved towards the room Rick was being held in. The guards were all slumped over from passing out from the drinks they shared with Val. He smirked, as long as Palpatine didn`t show up earlier then expected, he should be in and out before anyone realizes he was even there.

“I have been expecting you, Master Shern,” a familiar voice spoke out. “That was a bold plan with one cliché,” Palpatine commented causing Jess to turn in the direction of his voice. “If the guards fell asleep on the job, I am alerted.”

Jess cursed under his breath as Rick was shoved forward with a blaster jammed in his side by a storm trooper. “Let him go.”

“You know the deal, Jess. I won’t bore you again with the details,” Palpatine sneered gleefully. “You can still save his life by handing over Brice to me.”

Jess reached for his lightsaber as the storm trooper pushed his blaster harder against Rick’’s head causing him to pause. “I will never hand my son over to a man like you,” he snapped angrily.

“Let’s ask Brice, shall we?” Palpatine questioned as he dialed in Rick’s number. “Hello Brice, it seems I have your biological father and adoptive father in the same room. The attempt to rescue Rick has failed. Now it’s up to you, you can still hand yourself over or say goodbye to your adopted father. Master Shern is too well rounded to take on too quickly.”

Jess clamped his jaw shut as Fress looked at him with pleading eyes. I have to be there for her when she gives birth. “I love you, Fress.”

“I love you, Jess,” Fress said as tears streaked down her cheeks.

“I love you, dad,” Brice swallowed hard visually and gave a slight nod to Jess as he reached for his lightsaber.

“I love you, Brice,” Rick looked at Jess giving him an approved nod and looked at Palpatine. “We will never hand him over,” a blaster shot rung out as Rick’s body hit the ground as a loud yell was heard over the comm unit.

Jess leapt forward to Palpatine as he ignited his lightsaber but was met with a red blade. He reshifted his stance and felt his lightsaber slip off of Palpatines, he ducked below the red blade and ploughed his lightsaber right through Palpatine’s neck as a shocked expression crossed his wrinkled face. He closed his eyes and felt the blast of dark energy hit him fast and hard causing him to stumble backwards hitting his backside against the nearest wall hard causing him to loose his breath.

Jess breathed in and out painfully as the storm trooper aimed his blaster at him. He clumsily lifted his lightsaber up but dropped to his knees as his legs gave out. Thoughts of his family entered his mind as a shot rung out.

Jess didn’t feel the searing heat of a blaster bolt causing him to open his eyes as a body hit the floor. He opened his eyes and saw Val standing over him with a blaster in his hand. Val turned his attention to a black spot on the wall. He reached a hand up as Val helped him to his feet. “We should move before more troops arrive,” he whispered hoarsely. “I am glad to see you.”

“I bet,” Val said as he moved under Jess.

Jess limped away as he looked at the holo communicator as Fress watched the scene in silence. “I’ll see you soon, sweetheart.”

Fress nodded as she rubbed her tummy and looked relieved. “I’ll see you soon, honey. Thanks Val. We owe you one.”

“You’re welcome, Fress. I hear congrats are in order, but we really need to go,” Val said as he helped Jess hobble out of the room. Fress broke the contact just as Jess caught sight of a tear streaked Brice. I’m sorry Brice. We did our best.
    ---------------------
    Anakin sat on the bed as he felt Palpatine reach out to him in a desperate attempt for strength. He didn’t bother to respond, Palpatine didn’t deserve to live anymore. He closed the bond quickly as he felt shock as the blackness that used to plaque his mind disappeared for good. He opened his eyes as he felt a small body crawl into his arms causing him to look down.

Brice had crawled into his arms as his body shook. Anakin didn’t speak a word as he held his grandson in his arms. No words needed to be spoken. Jess failed to rescue Brice but didn’t hesitate to kill Palpatine. He looked up as Fress walked in and sat down on the bed and placed her arms around Brice. “Shhh, it’s okay, baby.”

“Did Jess make it?” Anakin questioned as he looked at Fress as she nodded her head. “Good,” at least he didn’t have to worry about Fress mentally breaking down on him.

“Barely though, if Val hadn’t come in when he did, Jess would’ve been shot by the trooper. Jess wasn’t in any condition at the end to deflect blaster bolts. He was hurt badly by the looks of it,” Fress explained as she soothingly rubbed Brice’s back. “He killed Palpaltine by slicing his neck open.”

Which confirmed for him what he sensed happened in the past few minutes, Anakin closed his eyes. “It’s time to mop up. If Palpatine didn’t make it known I had left, I could’ve given the order to…”

“They would’ve killed you,” Fress commented with a frown.

Anakin nodded in agreement as Chewie walked in and howled a question to what was going on. “When did you get back?”

Chewie answered with a huff. “Just now huh? Good timimg. As soon as we get Han, we’re off this rock.”

Chewie nodded in agreement as Leia walked in with a detonator in her hand. “Is it true? Did Jess just kill Palpatine?”

“Not without consequences,” Anakin answered as he eyed the detonator in her hand. “Do you plan to kill me?”

“No,” Leia answered quickly as she hid the explosive in her belt. “Instead of making the plan complicated. I thought we should walk in, blow up Jabba and take Han.”

“So much like Anakin,” Fress commented with a frown. “Are you out of your mind?”

“That’s my girl,” Anakin puffed out his chest proudly.

“Don’t encourage…” Fress paused midsentence and shook her head sadly. “Who am I kidding? This is your daughter we’re talking about here.”

“Exactly,” Anakin felt pride in his baby girl for wanting to deal with the Hutt directly. “We still have one thing to deal with.”

“The second Death Star,” Leia gave a heavy sigh and nodded. “We’ll meet up with Home One and with your knowledge we can plan accordingly.”

Anakin nodded in agreement as Brice slid off his lap. “Fress, you and Brice hang back with the ship and ready it for immediate departure.”

“Yeah delicate, got it,” Fress rolled her eyes as Brice kissed her tummy. She smiled gently as she patted his head. “Let’s ready the ship. I’ll teach you what to do.”
    --------------
    Han felt like he had been trapped in here for months. How long has it been since he last took a breath? There was a beautiful in his dreams as if watching over him with a gentle motherly smile. She looked like an older verision of Leia. Leia, he wanted to smile at the thought of her but his mouth refused to move. He missed her sharp snark comments. Wouldn’t he give just to give her another kiss to feel her warm lips against his frozen ones.

Without warning he felt his lips begin to move and his fingers began to wiggle. Was he being defrosted? He felt like a thousand cold icicles had hit him all at once as he began to shake uncontrollably as he collapsed to his knees on a sandy extremely warm floor.

Han felt hands on his body as he reached up and felt a mask causing him to freeze as he moved his hands up and down knowing this was not Fett but Vader. “What’s…” He felt sick to his stomach as he doubled over. “Who are..”

“Don’t move, Solo,” Vader answered as he felt another pair of hands wrapped around him. He was thoroughly confused. Did Vader unfreeze him to torture him some more.

“You’re suffering from hibernation sickness,” a warm familiar female voice added in gently.

“Leia?” Han questioned as warm lips pressed against his causing him to grin and return the kiss. “What’s going on and I can’t see.”

“Your eyesight will return in time,” Vader answered. “We need to move. You’re not missing much anyways.”

Han was silent as he closed his eyes. He was confused. “I love you, Leia.”

“I love you, too, sweetheart,” Vader answered quickly and Han heard the amusement in the dark lords tone.

“That’s my line, Anakin,” Leia was quick on the uptake. “Try not to confuse him, okay?”

“That spoils my fun, Leia,” Vader answered in amusement. “I need to have my fun with his mind.”

Teasing mind torture? Han thought as he felt Vader’s gloves help him stand. “I have a question.”

“It’ll have to wait, Captain Solo,” Vader answered quickly. “We left a bit of a mess behind us and we need to move now. Fress, we’re ready, come get us.”

“On my way,” Han strained his ears to hear Fress answer easily.

“Nice one, Ani,” Ahsoka Tano’s tone was anything but amused. “How long have you been waiting to drop the torpedo on Jabba’s palace?”

“Over twenty years,” Vader answered after a short pause. “You knew that, Snips. Why did you ask?”

“I was curious, I knew it was longer then that,” Ahsoka answered easily.

“I’m so confused,” Han muttered under his breath. What was going on? It seemed like the whole gang was here and plus some. The plus some was Vader who they all referred to as Anakin? Wasn’t that Luke’s father’s name?

“I see we got Han,” Luke’s voice was relieved but sounded like there was tension. “Was that really necessary, father?”

Han froze as Vader stopped walking with him. Vader was Anakin Skywalker? “Aren’t you supposed to be on the other side of the enemy line?”

“Was not anymore, I would rather spend time with my twin children,” Anakin answered in a regretful tone. “I apologize for getting you into this mess. I’m asking for your forgiveness but I’m not expecting it.”

Han sighed as he heard the whine of ship engines. Familiar ship engine whine, he realized with a small grin. The Falcon. He heard familiar gruffs and growls causing him to grin. “Chewie.”

Chewie hugged Han to his furry body huffing a greeting causing Han to grin. “I missed you too, pal. I demand to know what’s going on? And why is Vader helping?”

“In time, Han,” Fress answered as he felt her take his arm. “A lot has happened in a short amount of time. I can’t believe you dropped….” She paused for a second. “On second thought, you always liked big and bangy.”

“Can we discuss this later?” Anakin questioned. “We really need to go before someone comes and investigates. Besides you know I hate Hutts.”

Han bit on his lower lip. Did they kill Jabba? By the sounds of it, Anakin was the one to do the deed. Did that mean he was a free man now? His friends had come to rescue him. That caused him to pause, they cared about him that much? He never had too many care for him that much before. They loved him. He smiled at the thought. “Thanks for coming after me. I really appreciate it.”

“Anything for a friend,” Fress said and Han could hear the smile in her voice.

“Hate to break up this little reunion, we really should go,” Rex’s voice was not hard to miss.

“Let’s blow this joint,” Han said as they helped him walk up the ramp. “By the sounds of things, you already did, Vader. I’m curious you said I’m not missing much, but I did miss you dropping that torpedo.”

“I meant the scenery, Han.”
    -----------------------
    DaenaBenjen42 obsessedwithSW Nyota's Heart

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! Great edge of seatness and splentab rescue. =D= =D=

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Anakin sat down on the bunk on the Falcon. Han had insisted that he ride with them, which came as a surprise to him. Leia helped him take the helmet off and pulled an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. He hated the helmet and liked wearing it less and less. He couldn’t wait until the surgery took place and he no longer had to wear it.

Leia helped Han settle down into a chair across from the bunk. She glanced at Anakin with a concerned worried expression and he knew she was worried about how he would take the news about their relations. If she wanted to start this relationship off right, there had to be no secrets between Han and her. Anakin gave her an encouraging smile as she took Han’s hand into hers.

“Leia, what is it that you need to tell me?” Han questioned with a loving smile as she looked into his eyes but he couldn’t quite see her yet.

“I found out that Luke and I are twin brother and sister and Anakin….” Leia began but Han burst out laughing causing Leia to look confused. “What’s so funny?”

”Most likely remembering the kiss you two shared at the Hoth base,” Anakin filled in with a smirk.

Han calmed down enough to glance in Anakin’s direction and gave a vigorous nod. “The look on Luke’s face, he enjoyed it when he scored second base and now to find out it was with his sister.”

Anakin had to admit that was funny, he thought to himself. “I do have a question. How do you feel about what you’ve just been told about my relation to Leia?”

“It doesn’t change anything,” Han answered honestly. “I love your daughter regardless. She’s worth surviving your wrath in the end.”

Anakin sat back with a satisfied smile on his face as Leia looked relieved. “That’s good to hear. I trust you won’t break her heart or it’s back into the carbonite block for you.”

“Anakin!!” Leia scoffed with an angry expression that belonged on Padme when he stuck his foot in his mouth. “You will do no such thing.”

“You just reminded me of your mother just now,” Anakin said in a saddened tone. “I just wish you could’ve met her. You really would’ve liked her. I know she would be proud of all of your accomplishments.”

Leia’s expression softened as she stood up crossed the small space and sat down beside him. She grasped Anakin’s hand into her own. “She sounds like a wonderful person.”

Anakin nodded in agreement as Leia learned against him. “Want to try something, Han? I can use the Force to hold you upside down which will help your eyesight come back quicker. All the blood rushes to your head…”

“I don’t trust you enough to allow you to do that. For all I know you could end up dropping me on my head,” Han answered truthfully.

“Fair enough. When you do get your eyesight back, you can view the footage of the torpedo going through Jabba’s palace,” Anakin gave a slight smirk.

“You recorded it?” Leia questioned with a raised brow. “Really?”

“It was epic,” Anakin defended himself. “Plus I get to watch it over and over again.”

“Why do you hate Hutts so badly?” Han questioned with curiosity.

Anakin didn’t answer right away as Han waited for an answer. His mother and him were slaves to one. How would Han react to that bit of news? "When I was three, my mother and I were sold into slavery and were slaves to Gardulla the Hutt."

Han was silent for a couple of minutes and gave a short nod. “I always wondered why you never dealt with slavers like Palpatine did. Now it makes sense. So can someone explain what went on?”

Anakin glanced at Leia and nodded. “We have a few hours to kill,” he explained everything to Han including with what happened to Palpatine, the incident with Brice’s father. How Palpatine rigged his oxygen tank because he had enough and decided to leave and how they needed to deal with another Death Star. More importantly Jess killing Palpatine.

Han raised an eyebrow at this last one as anger and shock crossed his features. “How long have I been gone for?”

“Two months,” Anakin answered easily.

“Fress is right, a lot has changed.”
    ------------------
    Han sat up and rubbed his eyes as he glanced around the Falcon noticing he could at least see where he was going. Everything still looked a little blurry but improved from complete darkness. He thought about Anakin’s suggestion about turning him upside down. Did that mean it might work? He lay back down on the bunk and manoeuvred himself so he half hanging off the bunk.

Han’s eyes rapidly focused as Leia walked in. Her legs looked good from down. “Hello sweetheart,” he gave a sheepish grin as she bent down to the floor.

“You decided to try Anakin’s way?” Leia questioned with a small smile.

“Yeah and as you walked in, my eyes suddenly focused on a gorgeous pair of legs,” Han answered with a charming smile.

“Flatterer,” Leia blushed slightly as she straightened up. “Did you need some help getting back up?”

“I’m good,” Han answered as he used his midsection to help him get back on the bunk. Leia sat down beside him as he wrapped his arm around shoulders. “You’re a sight for sore eyes. I missed you, sweetheart. Did you miss me?”

“Of course not,” Leia teased as she leaned into him. “That’s why we decided to come looking for you to tell you that.”

Han gave a lopsided grin as he kissed her on the forehead. “I’m glad you did.”

“Me too,” Leia said as she raised her head and kissed him on the lips. Han deepened the kiss and felt Leia shudder under his contact. He gently pulled back and looked lovingly into her eyes. “I still got the touch.”

“I’ll attest to that, looks like she’s enjoying herself,” Anakin commented as he stared at us both. “Is it too late to say hands off my daughter?”

“Yes it is,” Han answered as he stood up anyways. “Did you need something?”

“I was going to ask you if you mind if I cooked you both up something,” Anakin raised an eyebrow. “From here it looks like you already started.”

“Are you done?” Leia questioned with a frown. “How did mother put up with you?”

“Put me on the couch and go on a mission I was dead set against her going on. She went on it to teach me a lesson, which nearly cost her life in the end,” Anakin answered with a frown. “I let my jealousy take over because she was pretending to ignite a flame with her ex.”

Han raised an eyebrow and watched Anakin for a few seconds. “I’m curious. How did you handle jealousy?”

Anakin smirked. “I rigged the back with a holo recorder to make sure he didn’t get too close to her and if he did, I yanked on the controls forcing both to buckle in on opposite sides of the carrier.”

Han stared at Anakin dumbfounded then burst out laughing which caused Leia to hit him on the shoulder. “Han, cut it out. That’s not funny, he could’ve been hurt.”

“Which he wasn’t and that’s a good solution,” Han calmed down enough to talk. “Honestly, Anakin is a smart man.”

Leia rolled her eyes as she stood up and headed out of the room. “While you two bond with ideas on how to treat the other when jealousy rears it’s ugly head. I’m going to make dinner,” she stopped by Anakin’s side and raised an eyebrow. “Didn’t the medic tell you bed rest?”

“Yes,” Anakin answered with a defeated sigh.

”You can have this bunk and I can sit here and listen to you spin your war stories,” Han encouraged with a grin. “I never knew this side of you existed.”

Anakin smirked as he made himself comfortable on the bed as Leia shook her head sadly. “Padme always found herself in sticky situations and I was there to bail her out,” he recalled with a small smile. “Especially with that mad scientist who was threatening to release the Blue Shadow virus back on the galaxy. No one was immuned to it well except Fress. She never got infected, but we suspect she may have been a suitable carrier instead. Padme, Ahsoka, Rex, and Fress were still in the lab when one bomb was accidentally released contaminating everyone in the lab. Ahsoka had locked the lab and they chased all the battle droids down threatening to open a hatch. It was on Naboo, Padme’s homeworld.”

Han leaned forward with a currious expression. Anakin could see the younger man seemed more interested in the stories, he wasn’t sure if it was he just plain curious or just wanted to help pass the time. “Then what happened? How did you find the cure?”

Anakin gave a small smile. “The cure was in a root found on Vega four. The scientist who brought the Blue Shadow back to life had the cure noted as well. I suspect Palpatine planned to use it to gain extra funds by selling the cure. The plant did not like us taking a whack at its roots, and for a few minutes I thought Obi-Wan and I weren’t going to make it back in time, the plant was trying to kill us. By the time we were getting the ship ready, we received a message from Padme making me promise to never open the bunker. We barely made it back in time and everyone made a full recovery.”

“Telling stories again, Gundark boy?” Ahsoka questioned with a smirk causing Anakin to look up. “Wait until you hear how I came up with the nick name.”

“It’s not my fault Dooku decided to rush into a Gundark nest,” Anakin snipped back.

“By the time Rex, Fress, and I caught up to Anakin and Obi-Wan, the entrance was blocked. Posion gas was seeping up through the ground and a gun dark was rushing towards them,” Ahsoka pointed out with a small smile. “You have to watch them, both were good at rushing into a Gundark nest everytime we ended up on Vanqor.”

Han smirked as he glanced at Anakin. “I’ll have to keep that nick name in mind,” which only caused Anakin to make a sour face at him. “Or not.”

“Anakin is good at crash landing ships,” Ahsoka continued. “Not to mention his ego that came along with his charming fiery personality.”

“Are you done, Snips?” Anakin questioned with a serious expression.

“Just getting warmed up, Sky Guy,” Ahsoka answered with a charming yet toothy grin.

Anakin rolled his eyes as Han focused on Ahsoka and with each story Ahsoka spit out, he heard Han snicker. Great, he went from the center of attention to laughing stock in a blink of an eye.

“I always wondered how Luke and Leia were good at getting into trouble all the time,” Han commented causing Anakin to look up. “I can see the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree.”

Anakin shook his head as he sat up and glanced at Ahsoka then turned his attention back to Han. “Leia is a mixed bag from Padme and I. Luke is very like his mother personality wise.”

“I figured that part about Leia, your sarcasm, fiery temper and Jedi abilities. And her mother was a politician? Or was that Bail’s influence?”

“Her mother was a politician. Bail raised Leia the way Padme would’ve,” Anakin answered as Leia walked in with bowls of food on a tray. He gave Leia a loving appreciative smile. His daughter was beautiful and he knew Han would love her till the day he died. He could sense the bond between them in the Force and knew they were meant for each other.
    -------------------
    Fress leaned her head back getting comfortable on the couch. She closed her eyes as she heard someone enter the living space on the Rogue. She cracked an eye open as Rex watched her with a bowl of food in his hand. “Fress, I made you something to eat. Are you hungry?”

Fress couldn’t help feel grateful but irritated at the same time. They were treating her like a doll made from glass. She wasn’t that delicate. As the smell of the dish wafted up tickling her nose her stomach growled in response. “Guess so, that smells really good.”

Rex grinned as he handed Fress the bowl as Brice entered looking miserable. She felt her heart go out to her son. It would take Brice time to heal from everything that has taken place. There was nothing she could do to take his heart ache away but be there for him. “Did you need anything else, Fress?”

“How about stop treating me like a Porcelain doll,” Fress answered with a raised brow.

“This may be your only chance and we decided not to give you that option,” Rex pointed out with a frown. “Fress, we want you to be stress free until the baby is born. And that means you don’t lift a finger for the next six months.”

Fress made a sour face as Brice smirked in her direction. Great something to distract Brice with from what happened. She slowly ate the mouth-watering dish. “It’s delicious. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” Rex said as Fress handed him the empty bowl as Brice sat down beside her.

Fress wrapped her arms around Brice holding him close to her. Their lives were about to change. She looked forward to being a family with Brice and the newborn. The thought of what Rex just said caused her to pause. Maybe they were right. This could be their only chance for a child and that meant she didn’t do anything until the baby was safely born. She wanted this second child just as much as Jess did. She couldn’t wait to get to Home One where Val had taken Jess. She needed to get to his side. The problem was she had a feeling that everyone else will take care of Jess until he was fully recovered.

“Mom, I know that Dad did everything he could,” Brice muttered.

Fress allowed Brice to lean against her wishing Palpatine wasn’t ahead of everyone. If he wasn’t, they would’ve gotten Rick back easily. It just wasn’t meant to be. Brice slowly fell asleep as she closed her eyes. Just having Brice back in her arms was a blessing in itself. She just wished things could’ve turned out better.
    ------------
    Jess slowly blinked his eyes open as a hand gently caressed his cheek. He turned his head to the side and saw Fress sitting by his bedside. He smiled warmly as she leaned over and kissed him. “I have missed you.”

“I missed you too,” Fress agreed with a warm smile. “How are you feeling? You looked like you got hit with a heavy dose of dark side energy.”

“Still achy, the medic has me on bed rest for the next eight weeks,” Jess gave a sigh of frustration then perked up as he remembered Fress’s condition. “And how are we doing?”

“The baby and I are doing just fine,” Fress answered with a smile. “Everyone is forcing me to take at easy until the baby is born.”

“This maybe our only chance and they all know it too,” Jess pointed out with an excited smile. “I can’t wait.”

“Me neither,” Fress agreed as Jess moved his head to the side as arm began to ache furiously. “Are you all right? Is there anything I can do?”

“Tell the medic I could use something for the pain,” Jess answered as his legs began to ache with the beat of his heart.

“I’ll be right back,” Fress answered as she stood up and disappeared out of the room. She reappeared a minute later with a medic in tow.

The medic injected a medicine into his arm causing Jess to grimace as he felt the liquid being pushed into his veins. “Thanks.”

“Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, Commander,” The medic smiled as he walked out of the room.

“Did you want some help into a healing trance?” Fress questioned with concern.
    “In a minute,” Jess answered with concern. “How is Brice?”

“As well as he could be, considering everything that has happened to him. He’s been waiting on me hand and foot and it’s keeping his mind preoccupied. We may need to consider therapy for him,” Fress answered honestly.

“How did they take the news about Anakin?” Jess questioned with a serious expression.

“We didn’t tell them,” Fress answered with a sigh. “Anakin compiled everything onto a disk and handed it to Leia. She told them she has people working on the inside. Anakin is paying for all the medical supplies they need for his surgery and he made a large donation to the Alliance in exchange for use of the facilities.”

“Fress, sooner or later someone is going to realize who he is,” Jess pointed out with a frown.

“I know,” Fress sighed in frustration. “I don’t agree with this, but Leia thought it was better and Anakin went along with it. They don’t want me to be overly stressed. The plan is to tell them after the baby is born.”

Jess nodded in agreement, they were using Fress’s condition to their advantage. He just hoped nothing blew up on them. He closed his eyes as he felt Fress connect her mind up with his. He slipped into a deep sleep as he began to help the healing along.
    ----------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, obsessedwithSW

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful blend of snark, mush, and plans. =D=

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Mon Mothma sat down in the chair beside the bed of the man Leia and Luke had refused to identify. She wasn’t sure what the reason but it may have to do with how they were treating Fress when they returned to Home One. They were waiting on Fress hand and foot, stating she was in a delicate condition.

The only thing she could think of was Fress was pregnant by a miracle. Vader had made sure she was incapable of having more children and she knew the two Jedi Masters were trying to have another child. To her understanding Fress had gone into many healing trances attempting to repair the damage that not even bacta could reverse.

If Fress did succeed in conceiving, she could see the others making sure she didn’t overexert or stress her out in any way. It maybe Jess and Fress’s only chance. The connection between Fress and Vader was a little confusing not unless she knew who he was during the Clone Wars.

The man turned his head towards her as his eyes opened but didn’t look surprised to see her sitting here. She remembered she saw those eyes on one other person and that was Luke Skywalker. Mon raised an eyebrow as the truth slammed into her. This was Anakin Skywalker that was lying on the bed in front of her. She was under the impression Anakin was dead not…. Vader appeared about the same time Anakin was pronounced dead. Fress and Jess kept the truth secret for Luke’s sake. “General Skywalker?”

Anakin smiled and gave a short nod then frowned. “I didn’t think it would take you long to figure it out.”

“Is Fress pregnant? Is that why nothing has been said about who you are?” Mon questioned with a serious expression. “No one will take to this lightly.”

“It was Leia’s idea,” Anakin answered honestly. “I wanted to tell right away, due to Fress’s condition we decided to wait until after the baby is born. It might be their only chance.”

Mon sat back as everything she suspected fell into place. They didn’t want to stress Fress out causing her to miscarry. “You are Vader?”

“Yes,” Anakin sighed heavily. “Fress and Jess remained quiet for Luke’s sake. Please do not hold my son accountable for my crimes.”

“That would be wrong and not what the Alliance is about,” Mon reassured with a slight smile. “Leia resembles Padme Amidala.”

Anakin’s expression was a mix of love and regret at the mention of Padme’s name. If she remembered correctly Padme and Anakin hung around each other every chance they got. “Padme and I married at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Luke and Leia are twins.”

“Can you issue a command to have the Imperial forces step down since Jess killed Palpatine?” Mon questioned with a frown.

Ankain shook his head no as regret crossed his features. “It won’t be that easy. When I negotiated with Jabba to release Han, he knew I was no longer with the Empire. Palpatine made it so I could not issue any orders. He knew I was leaving. Everything you need to know is on the disks Leia handed to you earlier.”

“Is there anyone in the Navy fleet that was more loyal to you then Palpatine that you trust?” Mon questioned with a frown.

Anakin stopped and thought about it. “Admiral Piett aboard the Executor was more loyal to me and I trust him. The transmissions would have to be encrypted to make sure no one listens in. But I can’t make any promises.”

“I understand,” Mon agreed with a grim smile. “I know this is a long shot, but it’s a good shot. I’ll make the arrangements for you.”

Anakin nodded in agreement as Mon stood up. “Thank you.”

“I’m doing this to honour Padme’s memory,” Mon explained with a frown.

“I know,” Anakin sighed.

“Get some rest, if we need to know anything else I’ll be back with more questions,” Mon said as she left the room.
    -----------------
    Leia sat down at the table as Mon Mothma gave her a sympathetic smile. She closed her eyes. “You know the truth now?”

“Yes,” Mon answered simply as Leia opened her eyes. “You, Fress, and Ahsoka will not be allowed to vote on his fate. You may speak on his behalf. I have already spoken to the Alliance leaders and we’ve all agreed to hold the vote until after Fress has safely delivered. Due to the information and donation he has made. He will be allowed to conduct the surgeries here.”

“I don’t know what to say,” Leia said honestly. “I’m surprised you haven’t forced him to leave.”

“Leia, your mother was a well respected politician, just as you have become, she would be very proud of you and your brother,” Mon said with a warm smile. “In her memory will Anakin find salvation. Anakin did save our lives a long time ago and for that we will grant him his. In exchange he will help us put an end to this war once he is strong enough.”

“Wait I thought you said the vote…” Leia questioned with suspicion. “Was a vote already cast?”

“Many of us remember Anakin Skywalker except for two,” Mon answered with a frown. “Yes the vote has already taken place. In exchange for information, we will grant Anakin a pardon for his crimes. If he commits any more crimes, he will be held accountable for those. I have faith we can put his past behind us.”

Leia sat there as she wetted dry lips not sure what to say. Did Mon Mothma speak on Anakin’s behalf? What did she say to them? Considering they kept the rest of them out of the loop, which meant Mon questioned Anakin in private. “Thank you. I’m grateful.”

“You’re welcome, Leia,” Mon said with a smile as a knock sounded at the door. “Come in.”

A man poked his head in. “Senator, we have made contact with the Executor. They are awaiting Vader to make contact with them.”

“Thank you, Lieutenant, we’ll be right there,” Mon said as she stood up. “This is a long shot and it may not work.”

“Any shot at this point is welcome,” Leia agreed as they headed to Anakin’s room. As she entered the room she noticed the armor had been brought to him. Anakin was sitting on the edge of the bed with the helmet in his hand. He was just staring at it. She felt her stomach twist a little nervously. Something was wrong. She approached the bed and sat down beside him. She placed her hand onto his forearm. “Are you all right?”

Anakin glanced at her and shook his head. “I was really hoping I didn’t have to put this on again,” he answered honestly as he continued to stare at it.

Leia nodded in agreement. “I know. The Empire has only known you this way,” she pointed out with a frown. “It’s the only way at the moment. Just one more time, that’s all we’re asking. The Executor is waiting for you to make contact.”

“I know,” Anakin agreed with a reluctant sigh. He pulled the helmet on as the harsh breathing began. “I hate the helmet, all it represents is death.”

Leia nodded in agreement as she gave an encouraging smile. “It’s only for a few minutes. Just long enough to make the transmission, then you can take if off on the bridge if you want.”

Anakin gave a short nod as a nurse walked in with a hover chair and helped him into it. Leia stood up and took his hand into hers.
    -------------------------
    As they entered the bridge Fress and Luke was present along with Rex and Ahsoka for emotional support Leia suspected. Word must’ve reached them about the decision for Anakin. Everyone was silent except for the breathing sound from Anakin’s mask. They pushed the chair forward to the communications area where Admiral Piett was waiting via holo.

Leia let go of Anakin’s hand as she stepped in beside Luke as they waited to see what would happen between their biological father and Piett.

“Admiral Piett, I order the Imperial fleet to stand down immediately. The Alliance Leaders have reassured me their forces will stand down as well,” Anakin spoke.

“My Lord, Admiral Thrawn has been placed in charge of the Imperial Fleet. You no longer have a command post according to Palpatine two weeks ago,” Piett answered evenly. “The decision is up to him now.”

Leia raised an eyebrow as she glanced at Anakin wondering if he knew who this Thrawn was. This was the first time she ever heard of this admiral. Han stepped in beside her and quickly shot a jealousy look at Luke causing Luke to roll his eyes.

“Admiral, this war has been going on since I was a boy,” Anakin explained with a frown. “Palpatine had planned the raid on Naboo so he could take up the Chancellor position gaining sympathy votes by invading his home world. He positioned certain individuals into position to gain emergency powers, which he refused to put down after Grievous and Dooku were killed. It was all a charade just for him to have power which he abused in the long run.”

Piett was silent as if thinking it over and gave a short nod. “Sir, everyone on the Executor was waiting to hear from you first. We have yet to respond to Thrawn’s command to return to Coruscant,” he glanced behind him as everyone stood up and saluted. He turned his attention back to Anakin. “The Executor and its crew are ready to defect to the Alliance.”

Leia felt stunned on the inside as Han wrapped an arm around her. Luke looked equally stunned. A ship of that size and power would be more then welcome to join the Alliance fleet. Also this was unexpected. She stepped in beside Anakin’s chair and placed a hand on his shoulder. Anakin had fallen silent, almost too silent. “What’s going through your mind, father?”

“If Admiral Thrawn is in charge of the fleet, we need to step up our game. Thrawn is the only alien in the Navy fleet to attain an Admiral rank,” Anakin explained. “Thrawn is a technical genius.”

Leia fell silent as Mon Mothma watched everything silently. She turned her attention to Piett with a welcoming smile but he looked confused and a little stunned. “Admiral Piett, on behalf of the Alliance, we accept your crew and the ship. We will meet in neutral space.”

“That is understandable, Princess,” Piett said as Mon Mothma told the captain to set coordinates.

“Admiral, we are sending you coordinates three channels below this one,” Mon Mothma explained calmly. “We will see you there in three days time.”

Piett nodded as he cut the transmission. Anakin turned his attention to Mon Mothma with a frown. “I had a feeling it wouldn’t work.”

“I know,” Mon agreed as Fress stepped to Anakin’s side and took his hand into hers as her hand rubbed her tummy.

“I swear this kid is going to be more like me then Jess,” Fress commented as Leia smiled gently.

“Really?” Anakin questioned in a teasing tone. “You were a handful to train. Running after you was a full time job.”

Fress smacked him on the shoulder. “I resent that comment. You’re the one who dived off the deep end. Besides I thought we were even in running after each other in that department.”

“True,” Anakin was silent as Fress continued to rub her stomach and grimacing at the same time. “Either the kid is kicking up a storm or something is wrong. Are you all right?”

“I don’t know,” Fress answered as someone stood up from their chair allowing her to sit. “Thank you, Lieutenant.”

“Fress, you should get checked out,” Ahsoka commented as she stepped in beside Fress.

“Just in case,” Fress gave a slight nod in agreement as her face contorted. “This is Master Tano. General Colias is in need of medical assistance, she is pregnant and in need of a routine scan.”

“Someone is on their way down with a hover chair,” someone responded.

“I could be wrong, but I think I’m in labour,” Fress commented with a terrified expression.

“Calm down and relax,” Anakin whispered gently. “It may not be as bad as you think.”

“I hope so,” Fress answered as Ahsoka reminded Fress to breathe in and out as the medic rushed in and helped Fress into the chair. They rushed Fress off the bridge.

Anakin looked at Luke with a frown as Luke walked to his side. “Help me take the mask off, son.”

Luke glanced at Leia as she bent over the chair and picked up an oxygen face mask. “We did promise him it would only be long enough for the transmission to take place,” she explained as Luke raised an eyerbrow.

“Here? Now? Really?” Luke questioned as Anakin tapped his fingers on the arm rest.

“Anakin didn’t like the idea of having to put it back on, so yes,” Leia explained patiently. “I promised he could take it off on the bridge if he wanted.”

“When you two are done having a lovers spat,” Anakin teased with a smirk causing Luke and Leia to blush then glare at him. Han was chuckling at the remark, which in turn earned a glare from Leia. “Someone should tell Jess what is going on with Fress. We should find Brice.”

Luke gave a reluctant sigh as he helped Anakin pull the mask off and Leia helped secure the oxygen mask over his nose and mouth. “I heard he was down in the simulators.”

“We had trouble keeping Fress out of one when she was that age, so I’m not surprised,” Anakin commented with a frown. “If he’s anything like her, he’s most likely using the Sims to escape the pain of loss of his adoptive father.”

“What do you mean?” Luke questioned with a frown.

“Fress was brought into the Jedi Temple a week after her parents were killed by an unknown Sith Lord. Fress used the simulators to the escape the pain of loss. It was the only thing she could focus her mind on at the time. Which makes her a formidable foe behind the stick,” Anakin explained patiently.

Luke hit his comlink. “Wedge, is Brice Shern down there with you?”

“Yes he is,” Wedge answered back.

“Bring him up to the med ward as soon as possible,” Luke said with a frown. “Fress may have gone into labour.”

“We’re on our way,” Wedge cut the transmission.

Luke walked behind the chair and started pushing Anakin as Rex, Ahsoka, Han, and Leia followed behind them.
    --------------------
    Jess stood by Fress’s side as the medic ran a medical scan over her swollen tummy. The medic studied the holo then turned his attention back to Fress with a serious expression. “Is something wrong?”

“How far along did you say you were, and did you have a chance to get checked out since?” The medic questioned with a frown.

“Three months I think,” Fress answered with a frown. “I stopped getting that time of month six months after I was told I could no longer have children. It’s hard to tell when I conceived… I still spotted on and off after healing trances…” She stopped speaking and sucked in a breath as shock took hold of her. How could I have missed this one completely? Or was I in denial the whole time?

“What’s going on?” Jess questioned in concern. “Is Fress going to be all right?”

“Fress is full term and getting ready to deliver, this isn’t a miscarriage,” the medic said as a nurse walked in with a cloth and bowl of water.

Jess’s jaw dropped as he glanced at Fress as her features relaxed and she looked relieved. “Right now, right now?”

“Yes right now,” the medic answered. “I need you to remind Fress to breathe, Jess.”

“Go and get Brice,” Fress said in between her teeth. “I want our son in here.”

The nurse nodded as she disappeared out of the room and reappeared with Brice standing beside her. He walked to her side as Jess gave an encouraging smile. “Okay Fress, I need you to push. I see the head.”

Brice took a hold of Fress’s hand as she closed her eyes and grunted. “You can do it, mom.”

“Any names?” Fress questioned inbetween breaths.

“Mekaila if it’s a girl?” Brice suggested with a small smile.

“Rick if it’s a boy,” Jess suggested with a smile. “If you’re okay with that, Brice?”

“How about Anakin?” Brice questioned with a frown.

Jess gave a short nod as he looked at Fress as she smiled in turn. “We’ll see.”

“Okay Fress, one more big push.”
    -----------------------
    Anakin sat quietly in the chair as Ahsoka paced and Rex seemed restless by shifting from one foot to the other. The nurse came and got Brice shortly after they arrived and didn’t say a word about Fress’s condition. Every time he tried to make contact with either, all he sensed was both were busy but not stressed. He hoped that was a good sign. “Either she’s miscarried or they messed up on the due date.”

“I hope that means she’s delivering, it shouldn’t take this long to get checked out,” Rex commented with a worried expression.

“I can sense both are busy,” Ahsoka commented with a frown. “Fress is in a tremendous amount of pain.”

Anakin nodded in agreement as he sensed excitement from Fress and Jess. He sighed in relief as Jess and Brice walked out with huge grins on their faces. “Well?”

“It’s a girl,” Jess answered as Ahsoka hugged him. “They’re checking her over now because Fress has had no care before hand.”

“Congrats Jess,” Ahsoka said as she took a step back. “I’m happy for both of you.”

“Thanks Ahsoka,” Jess said as he hugged Rex next.

Fifteen minutes past as Brice walked out with a small bundle in his arms. “This is my baby sister, Mekaila Ani Shern.”

“Well look at you, a big brother now?” Rex questioned as Brice handed Mekaila to Anakin.

“Ani?” Anakin questioned in shock as he looked at Jess with a frown as he nodded. “You gave her my abbreviated name?”

“Are you okay with that, Anakin?” Jess questioned with a frown. “Fress and I agreed it felt right.”

“I don’t know what to say,” Anakin commented as he looked down at Mekaila’s innocent face. He felt tears well up in his eyes as he stared at the small bundle. “I missed so much. I’m honoured.”

“I take that as a yes?” Jess asked with a small smile.

Anakin nodded as he pushed the towel aside to get a better look. “It’s a yes,” Mekaila looked up with Fress’s eyes causing him to smile. “Hello sweetie.”

Leia and Luke stood by Anakin’s side as he fussed over Mekaila. Soon others flooded the med ward to get a glimpse of the new arrival.
    -------------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, obsessedwithSW

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    On Mekaila =D= and awwwwwww! :) :) On the stuff with the vote and the Executor [face_dancing] and bravo on bringing Thrawn into the mix. :cool:

Falcon likes this.