main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forbidden Legacy: In This Storm - Tahl/Qui-Gon - AU/Romance/Action/Angst - UPDATE 12/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Sorry it took me so long. [face_blush] But I loved it! =D=

2. lilacph

lilacph Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2009
    This is so cute! The "marriage announcement" was priceless! [face_laugh] Great story!

Could I be added to your PM list please? Thanks!

3. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Vadey: Hey, no worries! Thanks so much for reading!

lilacph: Glad you liked it! I'll definitely add you if my PM button wants to start working again... [face_skull]

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I love this story. =D= I like Tahl and Qui-Gon's interesting start here. Can I please be added to your PM list? :)

5. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Sara_Kenobi: Thank you so much, Sara!! I'd love to add you to the PM list. :)

- Serena

6. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Forbidden Legacy: In This Storm @};-

Tahl froze. She hadn?t heard that voice. No. It couldn?t be him.

Fine. It could. Stiffening, she said coldly, ?Yes, it is.?

?Oh.? He sounded insufferably cheerful. ?All right, then.? She heard a scraping noise a moment later, and then a warm clothed knee touching hers under the table.

?What the kriff are you doing?? she hissed, jumping in her chair.

?Pulling up a chair,? Qui-Gon said. ?Hope you don?t mind if I join you.?

?Yes,? Tahl gritted out, inching her chair away from his knee. ?Of course I mind.?

?Don?t be that way, dear,? Qui-Gon said with a hint of laughter in his warm baritone. ?We were getting along so well before.?

Tahl narrowed her eyes at where she thought he was. ?Are you determined to break every single rule in the Code?? she demanded.

?No, just most of them,? he chuckled. ?And I still don?t think I have your name.?

?Like I?d ever give it to you after what you pulled,? Tahl growled, folding her arms over her chest.

?Hey, I got you out of the infamous Jocasta Nu?s hands,? Qui-Gon protested. ?You should be thanking me.?

?Thank you!? Tahl hissed incredulously. ?Why you stuck up? half-witted?scruffy-looking? nerfherder!?

?How do you know I?m scruffy-looking?? Qui-Gon asked curiously, not sounding insulted in the least.

Tahl didn?t know what to say. ?Well? you sound it.?

?I was thinking about growing a beard,? Qui-Gon said thoughtfully, rubbing his chin. ?Might make me look older, more distinguished. What do you think??

?I don?t know. I can?t see you either way,? she replied bitterly, placing her hands in her lap. To her astonishment, Qui-Gon gently took her hand. ?What are you doing?? she asked, wondering why she suddenly felt so nervous.

?I want you to trust me,? he said in a quieter, lower voice. His callused, warm hand completely covered her more delicate, much smaller one as he lifted it to his face.

Tahl sucked in a breath as her fingertips touched warm facial skin. The heat radiating from his body burned into her fingers and seeped through her arm into the rest of her body.

[i]Oh? Force.

Wait, what am I doing? [/i]

Tahl made a strangled noise in the back of her throat and pulled out of his grasp before she did something she?d regret? like running her hand over his face to see him better.
    [i]
    Oh Force. Oh kriff. Oh kriffing Force. [/i]

She dropped her hand into her lap and found that her hand was now chilly. To compensate, she covered it with her other hand, hoping to warm it back up again. It didn?t work. ?What do you want?? she demanded in a choked whisper.

?To know you,? he told her gently.

?Why? I?m a blind Force-forsaken librarian who?s lost everything because she can?t see.? No. She was not going to cry. She wasn?t. Her lower lip began to tremble.

[i]Kriff. [/i]

She bit her lip. [i]Adi, where are you? [/i]

?Hey,? Qui-Gon said quietly. She could feel him leaning closer. ?Listen to me. I?ve seen you before. You?re all alone. You?re depressed. You feel abandoned, useless.?

Tahl didn?t say anything. [i]How does he know? [/i]

?But you?re not. You can get past this, Libby. You?re stronger than this ? I can sense it.?

Tahl frowned. ? ?Libby??? she asked, confused.

?Well, I don?t know your name, so I have to improvise,? Qui-Gon said in a lighter tone, pulling back. ?The only thing I know is your title of librarian ? so Libby it is.?

Tahl made a face. ?Anything but that.?

?I?d settle for your name, then.?

?Tahl??

Tahl let out a great sigh as she heard Adi?s puzzled voice behind her. The other female Jedi circled around the table until she was facing the blind Jedi and the Knight who?d just joined her. ?What?s going on?? Adi questioned, looking suspiciously at Qui-Gon. ?Qui-Gon, are you bothering her??

?Nice to see you too, Adi,? Qui-Gon said smoothly. ?Tahl and I were just having a chat. But I can see I?m interrupting your lunch plans.? He rose to his feet and looked down at Tahl.

?Knight Jinn!? a stern voice called from a bit further off. ?The Council needs to speak with you.?

Qu

7. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Oh, this *is* already darker, Serena! Tahl's grief comes through more vividly for me in this episode, maybe because Qui-Gon is slowly getting through to her. And he's so sweet here, abandoning lightness to try and give her something more than banter [face_love] I love them together.

And then comes the part where he talks with Mace and Kit and he turns out to have trouble of his own, something that's eating at him. Dooku has left and he blames himself???? And what's with his last mission to Ansion? :eek: Questions, questions!

But it's good to see that now he dreams a good dream, and it's about Tahl [face_love]

Okay, what's with 'series'? For real? That's GREAT! And all the way to the OT... I do hope that means you'll let them both live that long then. I would be forever grateful if you did [face_praying]

And I do hope you're next update will be sooner :p

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    if we don?t allow ourselves to feel something, then there?s no point to our existence.?

I couldn't have said it better.

I just wish the stubborn Council would understand that!! [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

I'm glad to see Tahl opening up to Qui-Gon...even if she doesn't want to...yet.

Those dreams concern me, though

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. lilacph

lilacph Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2009
    Sigh... With "Angst" in the description, clearly the fluff couldn't last. :p It's so great that Tahl has Adi for a friend. Great update!

10. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Oh, the part with Tahl and Qui-Gon in it was so sweet! I hope Tahl will let Qui-Gon help her through all this.

I think it's so neat that you're going to be continuing this for a long time. Even though it gets darker, you can count on me to keep reading! Great job!

11. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Oh my gosh! This is awesome :D <3

Quiggy is just so nice in this one, with just a touch of his usual humour in it x). Poor Tahl. What shall she do now? [face_love]

'Tis so nice of Quigs to try to cheer her up, but perhaps he's going a little over the line.. >=)

Serena, this is brilliant! :D KEEP GOING.. MUST.. HAVE.. MOREEE!!

-M :p

12. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    *skips in circle*

*runs into wall*

*poke*

*bump* :)

-Miks

okay, that was totally pointless, but....

*bump* :D

13. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great fic!

Love the way you've written Qui-Gon in this.

Please PM me when you update this.

EG

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon?s dreams that night were more vivid than any others he?d had before. Instead of containing his old master and emotions of pain, frustration, and anger, they were filled with warmth and light.

They were filled with a pair of enchanting emerald eyes striped with glittering gold.

Oh, looking forward to what comes next! =D=

15. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    I love the interaction between Tahl and Qui-gon. It's just so sweet. I do think though that it would be funny if Qui-gon got taken down a peg or two by Tahl. :p

That's just my two cents.

Anyway, update soon!

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Seremela: Thank you so much! [:D] Yes, actually, I plan to make this a series spanning all the way through the Prequels and into the OT. I've planned it out already, now I just have to write it down. And yes, I'm not in the habit of killing my main characters off. I plan on having them both live for a long, long time... :D

Kelia:
    Yes, the Council seems to be stubborn. Tahl's got a lot to go through... we'll see if Qui-Gon can reach her. Thank you for reading!

lilcph:
    Don't worry, the fluff will always be present in my stories! It will be back. :)

Jaidyn_Knightfall:
    Thank you so much!! [:D] I really appreciate it, and I'm so happy you're enjoying the story.

Miks: MIKKI!!!! [:D][:D][:D] SO awesome to have you back for a while!!! I'm so happy you like it so far. I'll try to update soon! :)

EGKenobi: Thank you! I don't know if I'm making Qui-Gon OOC or not, but I'm just writing the way I imagine him as a young man. If he's as stubborn as he is in his older age, then he HAD to be a stubborn bantha in his younger years. Love to add you to the list!

VaderLVR64: Thank you!

bkwrm752003:
    Oh, don't worry, he will. :D Thank you for reading!

Sorry for the wait, everyone! :) I'll try to have the new chapter up ASAP.

- Serena

17. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Young Qui-Gon is so suave in this, isn't he? [face_love]*Sigh*

Oh, Tahl. I'm so jealous of you.

18. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Ubersue: Lol, yes, he is!! :D

19. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    *creeps in after several long months*
    OOH. o.o I see that we need a bump! :D

Ahh, good ol'e Quiggys and Tahl. I've missed you both so much. [face_love]

Anyway.

*throws away textbooks and essays*
    *runs aroudn incircles*
    *poke*
    *bump*
    :)
    -M

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Miks: Thanks so much for the bump! This story certainly needed it.

A/N: This chapter is a bit shorter than the others, so I'm sorry ahead of time. I'm not feeling too well right now. :(

Forbidden Legacy: In This Storm @};-

When Tahl awoke the next morning, she felt strangely warm. She checked to see if she had a temperature, but she didn?t feel sick. It wasn?t an ill kind of heat, either, it was more? of an inner warmth. She frowned, ran a hand over her hair, and grabbed a bite to eat in the cafeteria. Qui-Gon didn?t show up, much to her relief, and she resumed her work in the archives.

Soon enough, unfortunately, Jocasta Nu bustled up to her. ?I suppose you think you?re terribly clever, Knight Tahl,? she sniffed.

?I?m sure I don?t know what you mean,? Tahl replied coolly as she sightlessly put another file in its place.

?Your dashing knight rescuer the other day,? Jocasta snapped. ?You shirked your duties, Knight Tahl. I don?t like it. If you are going to work for me, you will work your hardest and do as I say. Are we clear??

?I was injured, Master Nu,? Tahl replied serenely, not even bothering to face her. ?As you see,? she lifted up her robe to reveal a gauzed ankle covered in bacta patches, ?I couldn?t possibly finish my rounds.?

?Hmph!? the woman snorted.

?If you?ll excuse me now, I?d like to finish my work here.?

?Well I never!? Nu huffed, but Tahl heard her footsteps moving away and hid a triumphant smile.

Picking up another file that Jayt handed her, she started to slip it into his proper place -

?And how is that ankle??

Tahl dropped her file, flushing. Jayt beeped and rolled to pick it up, but Tahl sensed someone else doing that for him. ?What are you doing here?? she demanded.

She could just feel his grin. ?Giving you back your file, of course,? Qui-Gon said. He reached out, taking one of her darker, slender hands in his large one.

?What are you doing?? she asked, alarmed.

?Giving you your file.? He placed the file in her open hand and released it.

Tahl wondered why he was even bothering to come and visit her after her temper towards him. She also wondered why her fingers were tingling. And that odd warmth had returned, sending another flush through her cheeks.

[i]Kriff him. [/i]

She stiffened. ?I don?t need your help. How many times do we have to go over this, Knight Jinn??

?Qui-Gon, please. I feel so formal be called ?Knight.? I hope,? he added in a serious tone, ?that we might be able to become better acquainted.?

Tahl?s eyes narrowed. ?Why?? she asked suspiciously.

?Because you seem lonely,? he said boldly. ?And you look like you need some company.?

She bristled and snapped, ?I don?t want your pity, Knight Jinn.?

Tahl felt a nervous beat in her heart as she heard him take a step closer to her. ?I?m not offering pity, Knight Tahl,? Qui-Gon told her gently. That nervous beat tripled when he reached out and took her empty hand in his. ?I?m offering friendship.?

Tahl honestly didn?t know what to say to that. Was he just playing her? Making fun of her? Lying?

Sensing her uncertainty, Qui-Gon said, ?Look, I know you don?t think too highly of me at this point.?
    [i]
    That?s an understatement[/i], she thought dryly, hiding a snort.

?But I think we could become very good friends. Would you give me another chance, Knight Tahl??

Torn at the sincerity in his voice, Tahl bit her lip and turned her head away. ?I? I don?t know.?

?Just think about it,? he said, squeezing her hand once before releasing it. ?I?ll be around if you want to talk. Good day, Knight Tahl,? he continued formally. But she heard the humor in his voice.

?Good day, Knight Jinn,? she replied simply, folding her hands over each other.

He chuckled and left the area, leaving her more than a little confused. Frowning, she slowly reached for her chair and started to sit down. But when she did, she sat on something. Startled, she reached under and pulled out a wrapped box.

[i]Oh, Force. What did he do? [/i]

Suspicious, Tahl hesitantly opened the box and touched

21. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    *MELT!*

It might be shorter, but it's not thát short! And so very, very sweet. Qui-Gon seems to finally manage to make some dents in Tahls armour. Their banter was marvellous [face_love]

Suspicious, Tahl hesitantly opened the box and touched its inside contents. Her eyes widened. ?Shurri fruit?? She sniffed the box and realized that the wonderful fruit was covered in chocolate. Her mouth traitorously watered.

Wait a minute. She halted and scowled. How did HE know that this was my favorite snack? The only one who knows that is? Adi? How could she betray me like that?

Against her better judgment, she inhaled the sweet fruit again and sighed.

Well, can?t let it go to waste, I suppose.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yup, he finally found the way to her heart, good info, Adi!

[face_not_talking] And don't you DARE get me off your pm list! *yup, that's a threat* [face_mischief]

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe, Tahl likes him. [face_love] Fantastic update! =D=

23. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Tee hee! [face_love]

What a sweet little update!

24. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That smug Sithspawn.

Who's going out of his way to woo you, stubborn Tahl!

Love all the effort Qui is putting into melting her heart.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    Since I joined these forums, I've stayed clear of this part of the fan fiction forum;[face_talk_hand] because I'd read nothing about the events before the Saga. The character of Tahl I knew nothing about at all.:confused::confused:

But thanks to your lovely story, Serena, I've changed my opinion.=D= :D[face_dancing] I'm loving the interaction between Tahl and Qui-Gon,[face_love] this Irishman thinking of what the younger Liam Neeson looked like.o_O I frankly admit to feeling very mushy a lot, including at this bit:

Suspicious, Tahl hesitantly opened the box and touched its inside contents. Her eyes widened. ?Shurri fruit?? She sniffed the box and realized that the wonderful fruit was covered in chocolate. Her mouth traitorously watered.

[face_laugh]=P~[face_love]@};-

Could you please put me on your PM list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.