main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forbidden Legacy: In This Storm - Tahl/Qui-Gon - AU/Romance/Action/Angst - UPDATE 12/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    LOL! Awwwww [face_love] who can resist Qui-Gon's charms? ;) I'm a puddle of mushy goo. This is just so sweet. :D

How did I miss this story before? I'd definitely like to be on your PM list so I don't miss more updates!

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Kevin_Solo: Why thank you! :) I'm so happy you're enjoying it. I'll be certain to add you to the PM list.

Jinngerbread: Thank you!! :)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wait a minute. She halted and scowled. How did HE know that this was my favorite snack? The only one who knows that is? Adi? How could she betray me like that?

Against her better judgment, she inhaled the sweet fruit again and sighed.

Well, can?t let it go to waste, I suppose.

She picked up one of the fruits and sank her teeth in. ?Mmmm,? she mumbled, while at the same time cursing the devious Knight.

That smug Sithspawn.

Her lips twitched upward.

Wonderful! =D= And please keep me on the PM list. No matter how long the wait might be. [face_mischief] It's worth it!

4. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Awwww. [face_love] Seems that Quigs has found a way to her heart through her stomach :]

Jokes.

Still.

It's nice to see Tahl opening up to Qui ^^

But I seem to recall that food is banned in the library/archives ?

Oh dear.

And just what is Qui-Gon planning as 'closer'?

:) The plot thickens.

-M

Update soon as you can, and hope you feel better! D=

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Ooh. Qui-Gon really knows how to get a girl's attention!

6. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    JediXManSerenaKenobi you are my new favorite author this story is amazing! Can't wait to see where you go with this!

7. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    NanaV: Thank you so much!! I definitely will. :)

Miks: Hee hee, I don't think Qui-Gon will care about rules - either about food or about the Code. It'll definitely be getting more interesting in the updates to come. :) Glad to see you! [:D]

Lady_Misty: Yes, he certainly does. ;):D

Raphire: Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. :)

Again, sorry for the slow updating, guys. I'm working on it. [face_batting]

Love,

Serena

8. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    [:D] Hey Serena! :) Glad to see you too !

Heh, I think we noticed that a while ago.. even in the EU.

Did someone say 'updates to come'? :D

-M

9. lilacph

lilacph Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2009
    Yey the fluff is back! :D I'll be looking forward to your next update :)

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    OK, this post is SHAMEFULLY overdue, and I apologize. I had a major writer's block for this story.

Forbidden Legacy: In This Storm

Over the next few weeks, Tahl received several more gifts left by a secret donor ? or not so secret, as she well knew who it was. At first, she was annoyed and frustrated that he wouldn?t leave her alone, and actually considered reporting him to the Council again, but after he left a bouquet of her favorite flowers, she decided to let it slide.

How did he know what my favorite flowers are, anyway? She thought half-grumpily. I hope Adi isn?t giving him this information.

Qui-Gon?s attentions were hardly standard with the Jedi Code, but then again, she knew him better than that already. He was probably the most unconventional Jedi she?d ever met.

He both infuriated and intrigued her, though she didn?t want to admit the second.

About three weeks after her last face-to-face encounter with the mischievous Qui-Gon Jinn, Tahl was making her way down one of the halls with Jayt at her side and a stack of datapads in her arms, when she accidentally stumbled and dropped one.

?Stang,? she swore under her breath. ?Jayt, could you grab?? She trailed off when she sensed a familiar presence.

?No need,? declared Qui-Gon. She could almost feel him swooping down and picking up the datapad. ?Hello there,? he greeted brightly.

?Hi.? Her tone was the farthest thing from friendly.

?Nice to see you, too,? he said, sounding hurt. ?You didn?t like all those gifts I gave you??

?Gifts imply giving to someone who actually wants a gift,? Tahl said stiffly, holding her chin up stubbornly. ?I didn?t want a gift ? especially from you.?

Her heart began to race as she felt him draw closer. Soon, she felt warm breath on her face.

?Why do you dislike me so much?? he asked gently.

?I dislike being pitied,? she replied coldly.

?I don?t pity you.?

?Liar.?

?Jedi don?t lie.?

?Yes, they do.?

?Fine. But I?m not,? he insisted. ?I like you. And I hate seeing you cooped up in those dusty archives with that witch of a librarian being horrible to you twenty-four seven. You?re meant for more than that, Tahl.? He lightly put his fingers under her chin and tilted it up to meet his eyes.

Of course, she couldn?t see him. But she knew he was looking right down at her.

Her resolve faltered for a moment. But then she slapped his hand away, growling: ?Stop it!? She took a step back. ?I? I can?t deal with this right now.?

?All right. I?m patient. If time is what you need, then I?ll wait.?

?For what?? she demanded.

?For you to realize that I only want to be your friend.?

?But I don?t want you to be my friend!? she roared.

Silence reigned in the hall for a painfully long minute. Tahl grew suddenly worried at his lack of speech. Had she gone too far? Why had she even said that? Now he?d be complaining to the Jedi Council that she was going towards the dark side. She wasn?t. She just? wanted to be left alone.

But as these thoughts were tormenting her, Qui-Gon cleared his throat and said quietly: ?Very well. I?m sorry for bothering you.?

Tahl sighed, blindly reached out for him. ?I?m ? I?m sorry, Qui-Gon. That was harsh. I didn?t mean it.?

Wait, why am I apologizing to this stuck-up, irritating, annoying, self-righteous jerk?

?It?s all right. I deserve it.? His tone became lighter, and when he took her hand, she felt a spark of? of something. He squeezed her hand warmly and let her pull away after a moment. ?I have a talent for irritating people, it seems,? he joked.

Tahl allowed herself to smile ever so slightly. ?I?d say that was your main talent.?

He laughed, and she started to crack a small grin when she felt a dark shiver run through her body.

Wait. Something was wrong.

?Tahl?? Qui-Gon asked. ?What is it? Not still mad at me, are y-?

?Shut up,? Tahl snapped. ?Something?s not right.?

Qui-Gon paused. ?What do you mean??

Tahl turned her head towards the window, then back to him. She could just feel something? it was bright and glaring. Something she sensed told her that t

11. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Finally updated! :p

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_peace] :D

Now..what could that horrible dark thing be? [face_thinking]

Keeping us in suspense, eh? [face_shame_on_you] :p Jk.

?Fine, yes,? she panted breathlessly. ?Now get off me.?

Classic Tahl.

Great update!! Looking forward to more :)

12. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    just found this story, can´t wait for the next chapter, please put me on your PM.List. thanks

13. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Mmmmmmmm. Tahl makes me laugh. And yet I'm rather irritated with her for being so nasty at Qui-gon,

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm so glad Tahl realized she was being unreasonable and apologized.

Whether she wants to admit it or not, the last thing she needs is Qui walking out of her life.

Loved the action at the end!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Tahl needs to get out of the Temple and would benefit from a device like Geordi's VISOR.

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    SUPERB update! =D=

17. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Loved the chapter and I hope that you will update again soon. Things are getting exciting.

But I have seem to have fallen off the PM list. Can I please be put back on?

18. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Ah, no worries about the late update. It sure took me long enough to get around to it... [face_blush] And I feel your pain about the writer's block.

Loved this update! But I don't understand why Tahl is so reluctant to snuggle... :p

Looking forward to more action and adventure and warm fuzzies. And did I mention how much I love Qui-Gon in this?

19. Sithstrukk

Sithstrukk Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2010
    I really love this story! It's amazing. Please update soon.

20. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    This is a lovely story, and I'm only sorry that I didn't find it earlier on. I love your take on the characters - Tahl, who is still trying to figure out her new position among the Jedi; Qui-Gon, as unconventional and witty as usual; Adi, who is such a wonderful and supportive friend... I noticed you mentioned in your first post that Tahl would be a little OOC, but I don't think this has been the case at all - I think the reactions you have written for her could reasonably be expected from somebody who was suddenly blinded and finds her role in life changing dramatically all of a sudden.

Master Koon's Padawan actually believed Qui-Gon's nonsense? :eek: These young Padawans are a bit, er, gullible, aren't they? ;)

I'm intrigued by your take on Jocasta Nu. Initially, I expected her to be strict externally but a softie on the inside, but it seems that she is just plain mean. I wonder why she has such an acerbic attitude? Perhaps she's unhappy that Tahl thinks lowly of her job?

Would you please put me on your PM list? Looking forward to reading more! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Sigh. I haven't read a Derena story in forever. So I decided to re-read this one.

Please update soon.

22. MaraForever

MaraForever Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 12, 2010
    *sighs deeply* just fabulous. I love the way you portrayed a younger Qui-Gon. He's adorable!! And great job with Tahl too.
    Please write more. [face_praying]

23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Please come back and update.

24. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    It's been awhile since I've had any good Qui-gon and Tahl mush. Could you please update? :D

25. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Shall I start a petition? :p

Not that I can judge, given the number of unfinished and un-updated stories I have on the boards. Still, though, I love this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.