main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Forbidden Love (Kyp) New Post 11/18/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lianna, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    OK. It's been a while since I've been around here but this is something I've had on my hard drive for a long time and thought I'd post to see the reaction. For the sake of the story, Kyp is only 7yrs older than Jaina and Jaina and Leila are 4yrs apart. The Vong war has been going on for eight years. Making Jaina 24 and Leila 20 and Kyp 31.

PROLOGE

There are some tales among the Yuuzhan Vong that are better left untold. These are the forbidden tales. Tales of abomination that if they were to be spoken aloud, would bring chaos and revolt. These are the most dangerous of all tales for they are true.

Chief among these tales is the one of the Forbidden Lovers:

?Many years ago there were two Yuuzhan Vong Yarlak and Kintar.
    Yarlak was a daughter of the shaper caste and an apprentice of the great shaper, Marak. She was wise and powerful and the gods smiled upon her.

Kintar was a shamed one, of no account. When he beheld Yarlak, he fell in love with her and desired what he should not. Eventually, his desire created within him boldness and he sought a way to make Yarlak his own. Yarlak in turn, fell in love with Kintar as well.

The love of Yarlak and Kintar was met with bloody opposition as such a thing, love between a shaper and a shamed one, is an abomination to the gods. Many sought to kill them but did not prevail, for the bond of the two was too strong. All those who came against them perished at the hands of the lovers.

It was finally seen that nothing could be done about the love of Yarlak and Kintar but such an abomination could not be permitted. The choice was then given to Yarlak, for she was a shaper, to return and seek the gods favor, or to forsake them in life and death and be with Kintar. Yarlak chose Kintar and became shamed as he was. The two were then sent away from the Yuuzhan Vong and were never heard from again.?

PART ONE: ABOMINATION

Kyp Durron entered Hapes? atmosphere with a sense of adverse nostalgia. The last time he had visited the capital of the Hapan Cluster, he had been the leader and last surviving member of his notorious Dozen squadron, a renegade Jedi Knight who would do anything to bring the war with Yuuzhan Vong to an end, even if it meant toying with the darkside.

His misguided convictions led him to a galaxy of trouble when he met up with Jaina Solo and taken her on as an ?apprentice?. Before it was all over with, he and Jaina had kidnapped a prisoner of the Hapan government, taken him to a hidden facility where he was tortured within an inch of his life by a scientist of questionable morals, all in the name of advancing the New Republic in their effort against the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Kyp had sat back helplessly and watched Jaina Solo, the daughter of his closest friend, a man that he viewed almost as a father, take a perilous turn to the darkside. It had caused him to reevaluate his own life and the choices he had made and his motives in making them. His inspection led him to take action against Jaina and stop her on her course, even risking his own life. It had been a turning point in Kyp?s life.

It all seemed like a lifetime ago. Kyp was now serving in league with Luke Skywalker, his former Master and one who Kyp had opposed during the early days of the war. He was a member of the newly established Jedi Council and a respected warrior in the New Republic, now the Alliance of Planets, campaign to end the Vong invasion and occupation of their galaxy. It was amazing how things changed, Kyp mused.

And now he was back to where it all began. It was like an epic saga where the central character returns where the story began and the truth of his journey was revealed. But if there was any ?truth? to his journey, it was beyond Kyp?s ability to comprehend it.

The late Queen Mother, Tenniel Djo had opened up Hapes to refugees of Coruscant after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and acquisition the planet. It was a gesture that her daughter, the current Queen Mother Tenal Ka, had left stan

2. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    and in his newfound humility, he felt rather uncomfortable with it. *snickers* poor Kyp... only gets what he wants after he wants it... well, he did get a good share o respectful bowing when he did want it, so...

She hoped that these children would grow to make the galaxy a better place and if her small contribution helped in any way, she was honored to do it. woah... thta is the actual reason that I want to be a teacher...

I really like this so far! Please write more!

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    This is good, and now in my favorites, so you must post more!! :D

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *winces in pain*

Teacher?

Owchies.........

Well written. :)

I'm going to [hopefully] stick around.

Kyp'll knock me back if I stray too far....

5. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    hmmm, interesting... very nice start...
    More?Soon?Please? :D

6. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Sorry about the double post. Yes there will be more. I have a lot of the story written already. So, it will be up soon.

7. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Interesting...

If I may ask..what are you making this story? Drama? Angst? Romance? Action? Just a little curious..

8. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Hopefully, a little of everything if I can up to the challenge.

9. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Kyp had had rare occasion in his life to attend affairs of State. Rogue Jedi and minions of evil were not often preferred guest among the more influential members of society, at least not out in the open where everyone could see.

Kyp wore his Jedi robes. Of all the clothing in the galaxy, Jedi robes had to be the most versatile. They could be worn in battle to defend justice or they could be worn at functions such as this for they signified dignity of the Jedi?s office and commanded the respect of others. Well, usually commanded the respect of others. Hapes was notorious for their dislike of Jedi and force adepts even though they had been ruled by one for more than two decades and continue to be. Kyp wondered how Tenal Ka dealt with it all.

A loud clanging of crystal signaled to the guests that it was time for the conference to begin. Kyp followed the crowd of people into the large dinning hall. There he was guided to his seat by a servant. All of the tables were elegantly arranged in a way so that they faced a long table in the front of the hall where there were people already seated. He noticed in front of each person was a place card identifying the person seated. He scanned the cards one by one and found one marked ?Leila Solo?.

Seated behind the place card of Leila Solo was a lovely young woman with long brown hair that was swept carelessly in a mass of gold touched circles at one side. Her brown eyes were deep and soulful. There was a candle in front of her plate and it reflected in her eyes giving it the illusion that they were on fire with some inner flame. Perhaps Kyp thought, it was no illusion.

She was tall. This surprised Kyp as Leia and Jaina were both small in stature. He noticed her attire and the fact that she had not chosen to wear Jedi robes. Kyp approved. Reaching out to through the force, Kyp sensed apprehension in her. He felt the desire to send her comforting thoughts, but refrained.

After the audience was seated they were introduced to the representatives already positioned at the long table in front of them. There were leading members of the Royal Houses of Hapes along with delegates from other starsystems in the galaxy who had interests in Hapes, whether it was commercial or governmental. Along with each representative?s name was given the system or House they represented and their reasons for being at the conference. When Leila was introduced as representing the interests of the refugees of the former New Republic, Kyp detected a note of scorn and derision from not more that a few of the Hapan delegates and representatives. Apparently, this was the source of Leila?s anxiety.

After the introductions, there was yet another clanging of crystal, this time signifying the arrival of Queen Mother Tenal Ka. Kyp watched as a myriad of Hapan Body guards entered the room and positioned themselves on the back wall. Kyp laughed inwardly to himself at how unnecessary they were. Tenal Ka was a Jedi and if that were not enough, she was also a trained Dathomiri warrior. Not only could she defend herself, she could probably best anyone of the tall muscular women in her guard. It was however all a part of Hapan protocol. Kyp marveled again at Tenal Ka?s patience.

Once Tenal Ka was seated, the conference was called to order. Tenal Ka greeted all in attendance before making a brief speech. She spoke eloquently about the enduring spirit of the Hapan people and the place of the Hapan Cluster in the galaxy. She then spoke about the most urgent and pressing of matters, the Yuuzhan Vong war and Hapes role in the defense of the galaxy. She reminded them of Hapes duty to the galaxy and their allegiance to the newly formed Alliance and admonished that now was a time for a coming together of the galaxy and for putting aside old grievances.

Through the force, Kyp could feel the countenance of the room change. He felt members of the Hapan Royal Houses shifting slightly in their seats at Tenal Ka?s mention of ?galactic togetherness? and ?duty to the alliance?. The

10. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Just upping this one.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent, well written and I love the thought that has gone into the politics. I have to admit, I don't generally think about the facts that deeply, you do it so well. I hope things get closer? :D

12. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks for the reviews. Here is another post. The story moves along a little slowly I know but I hope to build it up to something.

Kyp walked aimlessly around the great Court Yard of the Fountain Palace as he waited for Leila?s arrival. He admired the surroundings with its grand fountains. Above was a glass domed roof of many colors. When the light shined through them onto the spilling waters of the fountains, it caused the water to shine with brilliant light making it appear to be a fountain of rainbows instead of water. He was admiring an opulent statue when Leila came up beside him silently.

?Do you know what you?re looking at?? She asked as she observed his wonder.

?It appears to be a woman holding some sort of flower.?

?The flower is the important part of the statue. It is an Amorisia, an ancient flower thought to have had the power to make people fall in love.?

Kyp backed away from it slightly. I suppose being friends with the Queen Mother you were given a full tour of the Palace long ago.?

?True, but I learned that from my studies. The sculptor?s name was Arpod Droedian, an artist of some renown. I?ve studied more than just the Jedi arts master Durron.? She said with mocking reproach.

?Obviously so.? He said with a warm smile. ?Are you ready for this??

Her smile faded into a serious expression as she lowered her head to the floor. After a space of a few moments, she gave a slow sure nod.

?I?m as ready as I?ll ever be. I need to do this. Thank you for taking me.?

?It is my honor.? He said with a slight tilt to his head.

?So, tell me more about this sculptor.? He said, lightening the moment.

With a smile, she began to tell him what she knew and he listened attentively, asking questions where necessary. Their voices echoed in the domed Court Yard as they made their way to the speeder Kyp had reserved for them.

She and Kyp carried on light conversation throughout their trip. However, as they approached Anakin?s funeral site, the conversation lessened until it had given way to a grave silence.

Kyp parked the speeder a respectful distance from the area where Anakin?s funeral had been held. He wanted to give Leila her space. So he was surprised when she asked him to join her.

He walked a careful distance behind her. She stopped abruptly at about the spot his pyre had been. Kyp saw her wrap her arms around her shoulders. He felt waves of grief coming off of her so strong that he could not filter them out with his Jedi senses.

Tears wetted her cheeks and she felt their salty touch on her lips. The years rushed back to her with abandon. She had been separated from Anakin since the beginning of the war and even before then they had not spent a lot of time together with him having gone to study at the Academy before her. Once she entered the academy, he had left to spend time at home and later became their uncle?s apprentice. What Leila grieved for the most was not the times that they had shared but all that she had missed.

At that moment, her Jedi training failed her and hate came into her heart. She hated this War. Would it ever end? Would she lose someone else she loved?

She sobbed softly as she placed her face in her hands. Kyp could see her shoulders shaking with grief and could hear the pain of loss in her cry. His chest tightened at seeing her despair. Without thinking, he placed a hand on her shoulder.

She did not remove his hand but rather gripped it lightly in appreciation.

?Jaina tells me that you offered quite a speech at Anakin?s funeral.?

?His death was a great loss to the Jedi but I believe that through his sacrifice there has also been great gain.?

?And you will no doubt one day say how Anakin saved your life.? She answered, echoing his eulogy.

That took him a little by surprise. Had his speech been that memorable? As if sensing his disconcertedness and being amused by it, she turned and offered him a smile through her tears. He smiled back and gently wiped the tears from her eyes.

13. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    this is good! I'm not the biggest Kyp fan, but I like where this is going!

~Ambyr-Rose~

14. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    anytime I can impress a nonKyp fan, I think I've done my job. :)

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And??? Come on, more? :D

16. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Very interesting story. I'm liking it. :D
    Poor Kyp, this is getting good, keep it going! :D

17. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks for all of the good reviews. These next few posts are an attempt to establish Leila as a character.

He did not know why he had offered to do this. The last time he had been here, Leia had suggested that he offer his services in the refugee work. He had insisted to her that he could not be of any help in this area. In truth, Kyp did not want to do refugee work. The grief and the misery had done nothing but bring back memories of his own childhood when his home and his family had been torn away from him. Yet, for some reason, when Leila had asked him, he could not refuse.

So, now here he was, in the middle of a refugee camp. He looked around for Leila and when he did not see her, inquired of another worker where she might be. He pointed him to the makeshift schoolhouse just up the row of small huts.

As he made his way there, he looked at his surroundings. There were people of all species gathered there going about various activities as if the galaxy were normal. He looked at their faces. Where he had expected to find dispair, he found glimmers of hope. After a year of being settled in the camps and positive reports from the field, the refugees seemed to have allowed themselves to think again about the future and see possibilities. He was beginning to see now why Leila thought it was so important for the refugees to remain where they were.

He entered the schoolhouse immediately upon arrival and found Leila kneeling by a student with one arm wrapped around him as she dictated the correct spelling of a certain Basic word. Kyp stopped at the sight. For some reason he had not expected to find her teaching, though what he thought she would be doing in the schoolhouse was beyond him. Somehow, the idea of her teaching children did not seem to him too foreign for the young woman he had been coming to know over the last few days. He tried to imagine Jaina teaching Basic to the youth of tomorrow and quickly dismissed the idea from his mind. No, Jaina wouldn?t stand a chance. But somehow, this fit Leila like a glove.

A couple of girls at the rear of the classroom began to giggle as they watched Kyp. It must have been amusing for them to see a Jedi master abruptly enter their classroom and stop short and stare at their teacher. Others in the classroom noticed him now and there was now a commotion of whispering and giggling. His face flushed a little and he was embarrassed in that way only children could embarrass you.

Leila looked up and had to smile as well. It was clear to her from the look on his face that Kyp was embarrassed. She stood and quickly quieted her class.

?Children, this is my friend, Kyp Durron. He?s a Jedi Master.?

This started a brand new commotion as Kyp heard the term ?Jedi Master? whispered throughout the room.

?Do you have your lightsaber with you?? One boy asked.

?Sure do. A Jedi is never without his lightsaber.?

There was a loud reply of ?cool? from one of the students and a soft whispered ?wow? from a few others.

From there, Kyp was bombarded with questions about the Jedi. What was it like? Had he been in many fights? Had he ever killed anybody? He answered the questions as best he could without any undesirable details.

Upon the request of one of the students, he took out his lightsaber and switched it on. He moved it in one direction after another, allowing it give of the humming and buzzing sounds if often did in a saber fight. He took the opportunity to educate them on the responsibility of a Jedi with his lightsaber and how it was a last resort and should never be used casually.

?Do you know any Jedi stories?? A young girl asked him.

Kyp was thrown for a minute but managed to remember one that he had heard Tionne tell to younger members of the Academy on several occasions. The students listened with rapt attention and when it was over, they applauded.

Leila smiled at the way the children were enjoying themselves. It was seldom that they were able to receive any diversion to their regular routine.

?I think you

18. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Very good post, good job introducing Leila into the story. I thought it was cute with the kids asking Kyp questions. :)

19. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    great post! awwww Kyp is so sweet to the little kids! and the girl @ the end was adorable. Am I sensing that maybe Leila and Kyp are gonna get together?

~Ambyr-Rose~

20. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ohh loving this. This is great!! I love Leila and how you write her!

Only why is Kyp younger? Not that I mind, though :D

21. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    I adjusted the ages of the characters so that it would not seem so wierd for the readers. Jaina and Kyp are arguably 12-15yrs apart in the SW universe. I wanted Leila to be somewhat younger than Jaina because she had spent time in the Maw Installation with the rest of the kids, instead of fighting with the rest of her family. I wanted to give a new perspective. If I had kept the ages the same then Leila and Kyy would have be too far apart for some reader's consciences.

There will be another post tommorrow.

22. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    YIPPPEEE! :D
    I'm glad to hear that! :D

23. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    so...Leila and Kyp are going to be together?

~Ambyr-Rose~

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nice post, though I wish you'd join us in the Kyp thread! We'd love to have you there for more than just and update :D

25. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Sorry I'm a little late with this. It's just a little short piece to tide you over.
    I'll have to make some time to hang out in the Kyp thread. :)

?Well, I told you not to hurry through your mission.? Master Skywalker said as his holo image flickered slightly on the projector. ?How bad is the situation??

?I don?t know, but I?m going to hang out here for a while and find out. And try and find out who is behind it so we can put a stop to it.?

?That sounds like a good idea. And Kyp, thanks for looking after my niece.?

?Sure thing Master. Oh, and Master, I?m not sure whether or not you should tell Han and Leia about this. They have enough to worry about without fear that their youngest daughter will be assassinated?

?I?m inclined to agree with you but you?ve just made it harder for me. How am I going to explain to everyone why Kyp Durron has left the fight to do refugee work??

Kyp chuckled a little. The Master had a point.

?Just tell them that I have been detained on Hapes on some sort of top secret Jedi mission and we?ll keep the details between us.?

? Very good, I?ll tell the other Council members to keep you apprised of any Council news.?

?Thank you Master. I wish you well on your mission as well.? And, with a respectful bow the Jedi Masters said goodbye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.