main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Forbidden Love (Kyp) New Post 11/18/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lianna, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Wow, you are an excellent writer! I can't wait to hear more of this story, cause I'm hooked.

Lindsay

2. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks for all of the wonderful reviews. I'll have another post up tommorow.

3. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
  4. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Tomorrow? I can't wait that long!!! :( ;)

5. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    The wait is over. Just a short little post to keep the story moving.

Leila walked aimlessly through the ramshackle refugee camp. It was indeed a camp and not a village for it was absent the organizational structure that marked refugee villages. She looked around her as she walked and noticed the faces of the refugees. They all had the same look in their eyes, a look of displacement and despair. As she met each one?s gaze, it did not escape her that they looked to her for guidance. None of those here had questioned her in the least when she suggested that they gather their things and camp out on the front lawn of a Hapan Duchess and demand their rights. They had all placed of their trust in her.

Was their trust misplaced? Leila wondered. Kyp was right. She had placed them in a precarious situation bringing them out here like this. What if her estimation of the Hapans was wrong and they did what she did not expect? If so, then she had just sentenced these people to a hard stay on Hapes and the last thing that she needed was to make their lives worse after all that they had been through.

Her head was aching from the confrontation with the Hapan sentries and the toll of her job was weighing on her. Add to it all of the stress she had been under, it was no wonder she could not think straight. Leila wished she could talk to her mother. If anyone could understand the stresses of public it was the former Chief of State.

Instead, Leila had no one, as had been the case since the beginning of the war. She had spoken with her parents rather infrequently over the last few years and had seen them even less. They were almost strangers to her now.

Her siblings were even more so. Jaina had been involved with the Rogues and now The Twin Suns. She had not even seen Jacen since his ?return? and now he was off in search of the mysterious ?Zenoma Sekot?. Her entire family was slipping away from her and it made her feel lonely.

?It?s all because of this war.? She said to herself.

Overwhelmed with despair and regret, Leila wandered far from the camp and found a secluded spot in a small wooded area just east of the camp. It was a small glade at the heart of the woods and in the center was a large rock. She climbed on top of it and rested her head on her knees. She felt the tears as they rolled without restraint down her cheeks and into her mouth. She did not even try to wipe them away.

Kyp was watching a small group of refugees try to put a tent back up after it had fallen down when the sentries returned to the camp. This time they brought someone extra for backup. Kyp walked over to greet the women and he noticed the regal dress of the new one, marking her as something other than a sentry.

?This is Lady Minerivia, daughter and aide of Duchess Uruveve. She has come to meet with Ms. Solo.?

The Hapan woman looked at Kyp dismissively. Hapes was a female dominated society in which men had little say, and little consequence. And Kyp, though he was a Jedi Master, was still a man. These Hapan women would no more negotiate with him as they would with one of the refugees.

?I am afraid that Ms. Solo is unavailable at the moment?

?Well, she will have to make herself available. She has set up camp on the property of my Royal House and has made demands of my people. She will now have to work on our timetable. We demand a conference with her at once.? The Lady Minerivia said haughtily.

Kyp studied the three women for a brief moment.

?I will go and get her.? He said clasping his hands together lightly and offering a slight bow. ?Make yourselves at home.?

The Lady Minerivia?s eyes narrowed as she noted the faint sarcasm in his last

6. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Double post again. :(

7. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Great post. :)

but...

Poor Leila! :( :_|

At least she has Kyp now! :D

*crosses fingers*

BTW, Lianna, you double-posted. :)

8. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Great post. :)

but...

Poor Leila! :( :_|

At least she has Kyp now! :D

*crosses fingers*

BTW, Lianna, you double-posted. :)

9. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    The boards are not entirely at their best these days.

Great post! Poor Leila, such a heavy burden :(

10. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    I hope this does not double post. Thanks again for reading my fic.

Kyp let his Jedi senses take over as he wandered aimlessly through the refugee camp trying to find Leila. He began to second -guess his decision to let her go alone. She was still being sought after by an assassin and letting her out of his sight was not the work of a good body guard. Yet, he had not sensed any danger in the refugee camp. The only danger he feared was the one that Leila could bring upon the refugees having placed them in this precarious situation.

He reached out with the force, stretching it to the boundaries of the camp until he caught a glimmer of her presence. It was faint, distant but nonetheless strong. She was after all a Skywalker.

As he drew closer, he got a stronger sense of her. What did he sense? Agony? Despair? His heart began to beat faster as his worry grew. Perhaps he had been wrong about this place. Perhaps she was in danger here. Perhaps danger had found her. Perhaps?

Kyp took note of his surroundings as he followed the sense of Leila?s presence in the force. It was quite a distance from the camp. His worry gave rise to fear when he saw that his path was taking him into the heart of a wooded area. What had brought her here?

His footsteps grew more rapid as he hurried to reach Leila. There were images racing through his head. He could see her clearly. She was lying on a rock, her body almost lifeless. A feeling of dread came over him and he quickened his pace all the more.

Kyp halted his sprint abruptly as he entered the clearing that surrounded the large rock where Leila?s body lay. He approached cautiously and through the force, he sensed no danger. When he looked at her thin body resting on the rock, he saw her that her eyes were closed. He watched for a moment as her chest rose and fell lightly with her every breath. She had not been harmed. The body he saw in his mind was that of a resting Leila and not what he had feared.

?Leila.? He said softly, touching her lightly with the force.

She arose with a start and Kyp could see the tear stains on her face. Her eyes were red and her face was pale.

?What?s wrong?? He asked gently as he stepped closer to her, his face a picture of concern.

?Nothing.? She said turning away. Embarrassed at having been found this way, she wiped the tears from her face.

?The Hapans are back and they have brought the Duchess? daughter with them. It sounds like they want to negotiate.? Kyp said, eyeing her with great interest.

?Have they now?? She said turning back towards Kyp. Her eyes were still red from crying. ?Let?s go see what they have to say for themselves.?

As Kyp stood there, he felt a faint tug in the force. He could not explain it. It was as if someone or something was pulling at him in the force. He did not sense that Leila could detect it.

?You go ahead. I?ll be right behind you.? Kyp said.

?Suit yourself.? She replied.

He watched her as she walked away, the image of her tear stained face burned into his memory. He had felt an overwhelming sadness in the young woman. The sad woman that he had found in the glade was not at all like determined Leila Solo he was coming to know. Actually, no one was like the Leila Solo he was coming to know.

At that moment Kyp?s mind began to drift to other thoughts about Leila Solo. Thoughts that he should not be having. He reminded himself of who Leila was and why considering such things was not appropriate. He had done the same with her sister, Jaina but somehow, this time, it was different. He found it more and more difficult not to think of her.

He began to focus his attention on his surroundings in an effort to detect what was pulling at him in the force. It was a pretty place, this Iristain Estate. All of Hapes was.

He walked around the glade taking in the life that enveloped him. Using the force he reached out to every living thing in the glade and drew from them energy to refresh himself. It was seldom that he ever did su

11. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Ooooh. What is that plant?!

12. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh wow, that was an amzing post!

A thought he shouldn't be having ey ;) Not there's a though 8-}

Please post more soon!

13. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    *kicks tread to first pace*

I wanna know what happens next and I'm not leaving before I know

*gets comfy chair and drinks, gets out books and waits*

14. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    You'll have to wait until tommorow. Don't worry, the good stuff is coming.

15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nice, really nice....... more? UP!!

16. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Ohh that's today!!! Yay!

17. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    A bit late with this but here it is. Just a little postie.

By the time Leila had made her way back to the refugee camp she had managed to wipe all of the tears from her eyes. He saw as she approached, the three Hapan women waiting for her.

?Come to any decisions yet?? She asked in a cool tone.

?The only ?decision? we have come to is that you should remove yourself from our land.? Minerivia responded.

?Well there is only one way to accomplish that.? Leila countered. ?Give us the huts.?

Mineriva half sneered. Every Hapan that knew anything about history knew a something of the Solo reputation. And, the young lady before lived up to it in everyway. In a way, Minerivia admired her and thought that if things had worked out differently in the past, this woman might be on the throne of Hapes instead of Tenal Ka.

?It?s not that simple. The Consortium has made this decision.?

?The refugees are here at the invitation of Queen Mother Tenal Ka, it was the Queen Mother who decreed that aid should be granted to them and thus, the Consortium can?t halt the shipment of supplies and demand an investigation without consent of the Queen Mother.?

?That is where you are wrong.? The tall Hapan said a look of amusement on her lovely face. ?Queen Mother Tenal Ka may have decreed that aid be provided but it is the Royal Houses of the Consortium that fund it. We have the right to control our money.?

?You still have to show just cause for halting the shipment. What grounds do you have??

?We question the need of the refugees.?

?There are at least a thousand refugees camped out on your front step because they don?t have any huts to stay in. Is that ?need? enough for you??

Minerivia looked exasperated. She scanned the camp of refugees in the background.

?It will require an investigation.? She continued to insist.

?Fine.? Leila said evenly, shrugging her shoulders. ?Until then, we?ll be staying right here.?

?I?ll have you arrested for trespassing.? Minerivia threatened.

?And what will you say to Queen Mother Tenal Ka when she inquires as to why I have been arrested-and why I was on the grounds in the first place? I?ll bet she would love to hear your explanations about ?evaluating the needs of the refugees?. As a matter of fact, you may be doing that anyway. My sources tell me that Tenal Ka is due back sooner than we thought.?

I could be true Leila thought. She hoped the gambit worked.

Minervia considered Leila?s words. They were true and she knew it. Considering the Queen Mother?s background with the Solos, any action taken against one of them would certainly incur her interest and that could spell trouble for the House of Iristain.

?We will begin the investigation in the morning.? She said flatly and with that, turned a walked regally away.

Leila resisted the childlike urge to mock the superior Hapan royal. Instead, she watched her walk off to her fine palace while the refugees slept in unsturdy tents.

?So how?d it go?? Kyp voice came from behind her.

?They are sticking with their investigation.?

She turned and looked at Kyp and saw the concern in his eyes. She tried to avert her gaze. Now that the business with the Hapans was over with, she felt an awkwardness about how he had found her in the glade.

?Leila.? Kyp said softly. ?Do you want to talk about what happened in the glade? Why were you crying??

He placed his hands on her shoulders and dropped his head slightly, forcing her to look in his eyes.

?There is nothing to talk about Kyp. It was a moment that?s all. It was nothing.?

?Was it?? He asked, but before she could answer they were interrupted by a blood-curtling scream.

When they had discovered its source, Kyp and Leila found a young female refugee frozen in the path of a large venomous snake. Kyp quickly ignited his lightsaber and cut it to pieces before their eyes.

?Where did it come from?? He asked.

?I was moving some of these containers around and it slithered out of there.?

S

18. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Whoooo Leila. You tell him! :p

19. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    You go girl ;) She's definitely a Solo! Great post! Awaiting more!

*gets camping stuf out again*

20. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    solo stuborness to the end.

21. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    UP!

*makes bed ready*

;)

22. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    UP again!

23. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    *a bright light shines on the thread*

uhuh

*the light lifts the thread up to the top*

uh....

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    UP UP UP!!!! UPPITY UP!! Great Post, now I want more!!!! :D

25. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    You'll have to wait until tommorow I'm afraid. The good stuff is coming I promise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.