main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Forbidden Love (Kyp) New Post 11/18/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lianna, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Kyp had set up his tent only a few paces away from Leila?s. It was closer than he would have liked given his concerns for her reputation, but it was the most practical choice. He was concerned about her safety even more now after the snake. It was not just the fact that he had just found out about the other attempts that had him worried, it was the idea that he had no inkling of it in the force. He had been so sure that she was safe here.

Kyp rolled over in his bed. He could see just a few paces away, the light in Leila?s tent and the soft outline of her body. He watched her move about her tent. She moved gracefully, like a goddess.

A goddess? Kyp mused. Jaina had been a ?goddess?, still was in the Vong?s eyes. Yet she was never comfortable in the role. It was unnatural to her. Now here was Leila. She had never had the title bestowed upon her and yet, it was hard to see her in any other light. She was beautiful and gentle, kind and benevolent-all the characteristics that made a goddess. Of course, Kyp knew that Leila would never allow for such a title. It just wasn?t her style.

Kyp quickly shook his head and rolled over to face the other direction. He had to stop thinking that way. He began thinking about the plant that he had found earlier. He had placed it in an old jar and covered the roots with soil. It was now sitting on top of a small storage container by his bed.

He sat up in his bed and examined it. The leaves around the bud seemed to have perked a little but still the flower wasn?t budging. He reached out with the force to try and see if he could hurry it along or find out what was going on inside it. Some Jedi, like Jacen Solo had a talent for such things. Obviously, he did not. He would have to wait if he wanted answers.

He turned around and noticed that the lights in Leila?s tent were now out. He felt oddly relieved. He would go to sleep now and try not to dream about Leila.

Leila lay awake starring at the sealing. It had been along day. It had been a long couple of day, enlightening days at that. She had been given the opportunity to prove herself and just when she had started to doubt herself, she came through and had gained the respect of Kyp Durron in the process. It struck her as odd that gaining Kyp?s approval was so high on her list of accomplishments

She had never expected to enjoy the company of the most controversial Jedi in the Order. She was still a little embarrassed at Kyp having found her crying earlier. It just wasn?t the image that she had wanted him to have of her. It was ironic that no one, not even direputal types like Talon Karrde wanted Kyp Durron?s opinions or approval, but sh,e the daughter of The New Republic, was beginning to measure herself by them.

The following morning Leila noticed three Hapan women coming toward the camp. It was Minerivia and the two sentries from the day before. Judging from their pace, Leila could tell that they weren?t too happy.

?The huts have been approved. Take these people and leave.? Minerivia said before Leila could even greet the three properly. And, before she could inquire further, they retreated in the opposite direction.

?What was that all about?? Kyp asked coming up just as the Hapans were leaving.

?We got what we came for. The huts have been approved.?

?I never doubted you for a minute.? He said with a grin. A cocked eyebrow was all he got in response.

?Now we need to discuss your safety??

?Let?s get these people back to the village and get them processed and settled and then we?ll talk about it.? She said cutting him off.

Kyp nodded his head in agreement but he knew that she was just stalling. Kyp knew she had no intention of leaving the refugees. Kyp resolved that he would do all in his power to get her to leave, even if he had to take her by force. The image of him carrying off Leila Solo came into his mind and Kyp couldn?t help but smile.

2. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Now this is what I want to find if I have a turn on the net before I leave ;)

3. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Great post. :)

4. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wonderful post! It's just starting, the feelings......very nice indeed.... UP!

6. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    UP posty soon please!

7. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    ?So any idea what made the Hapans change their minds so quickly?? Kyp asked after putting the freighter on autopilot for the voyage back to Lothirim.

?I?m not sure. Perhaps Tenal Ka got word of what happened.?

?Sounds like a logical explanation.? Kyp said.

There was an awkward silence between the two. They had agreed not to discuss leaving Hapes until after they had settled the refugees.

?I?ll have to say Leila. You handled those Hapans well. You really knew what you where doing. I?m impressed. I was wrong.?

?Where you Kyp?? She asked, dispelling the feeling of pride that she had gotten from his complement. ? I did put those refugees at risk. That you were right about.?

?True, but it didn?t happen like that.? He countered reassuringly.

?Yes, but I?m supposed to be protecting these refugees not putting them at risk.?

?Look, Leila, these refugees look to you for guidance and that makes you a leader to them. A leader makes choices and sometimes they aren?t the best, but the worse thing you can do is worry about the past. You got those refugees what they needed and you should be proud of that.? There was a passion in Kyp?s voice that surprised even him.

Leila nodded slightly in reluctant agreement. Kyp realized that he was only fueling the fire for Leila?s later argument when he tried to convince her to leave the Hapan Cluster. He could have used her guilt as leverage to make her leave. But that was not something he wanted to do. Leila Solo was the best at what she did and the refugees needed her. He was not going to make her feel bad about doing what she needed to do for them. Still, she could not stay in the Hapan Cluster.

?I don?t really like being a leader.? Leila said after a few silent moments.

?You seem born to it.? Kyp said.

?Only because of what my heritage is Kyp. But, just because I?m Princess Leia?s daughter does not mean that I have to lead.?

There was a hint of indignation in her voice. She had probably said given this speech many times before.

?True.? Kyp went on. ?But, most of the really good leaders are that way. They didn?t ask to be leaders. They just did what was necessary.?

?Like everyone in my family.? Leila said in a tone that resembled an echo.

?What would you like to do?? Kyp asked.

Leila?s face took on a reflective stance. No one had ever really asked that question before. They just assumed that she would follow in the Solo footsteps.

?I?d like to teach.? She said resolutely.

?I?m not surprised. You?re good at it.?

?It?s my favorite thing about refugee work.? She said.

A broad smile came across her face. Kyp could sense the tension slipping from her.

?Everyone in my family has taken on some noble work, saving the galaxy, public service. I want to make the galaxy a better place too. I think that teaching is the best way to do that. Shaping young minds.?

Kyp stared at the inner joy that radiated from her. Through the force he could feel the intensity and it was having an affect on him. There was just something so special about Leila Solo. If anyone could make the galaxy a better place, it would be Leila Solo, he would stake his life on it.

?Well, you have a lot to offer Leila. A person could learn a lot from you.?

There was so much admiration in his voice that it seemed to bring Leila back to the present. She met her gaze with his and they remained that way for several seconds.

?Of course, I?m no teacher.? Kyp said, trying to change the mood.

?You?re a Jedi Master.? Leila protested.

?My first student was killed and my last was only borrowed for a while. Not much of a track record there.?

?There you go again.? She reproached. ?You?ve only had two students. Miko was a good Jedi until his death. That was because of you and your training.?

?You?re very kind.? He said softly. ?But I wouldn?t go giving me any awards anytime soon.?

?I don?t have to. You?ve already been given a spot on the Council.?

Kyp couldn?t help but smile. Leila Solo was not

8. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Great chapter, Lianna. :) Love the build-up of Kyp/Leila. [face_love]

9. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh that was certainly nice. I liked the conversation. Is there somthing brewing between those two :D

More soon? I can't wait!

10. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    wow more more more! Postie today?

11. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
  12. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Let me just up this before I go an kill this annoying fly ;)

13. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Please, postie soon!

14. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Please please please, post soon. Unless you're on vacation and are not able to post anything...

15. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Sorry it's been so long. I've been tied up (in my basement-j/k)I've been a little busy is all and have not been on line. Here is the good stuff I've been promising.

Leila was awakened in the middle of the night by a noise in her hut. At first she was alarmed. Had one of her assassins gotten in? But, when she craned her head and reached out with her senses, she realized she recognized the sound. It was Kyp?s voice. He was moaning as if he were in pain.

She got up and grabbed the glowstick that she kept next to her bed. Igniting it, she crept over to where Kyp slept. Obviously, he was having a bad dream. She was unsure of what to do. But his moans were increasing and she could feel the level of his stress increasing.

?People will talk indeed after they hear all of this.? She thought sarcastically.

She sat down gently on the side of Kyp?s cot. Slowly she moved her soft hand over Kyp?s bare back and gently shook him. Kyp jumped up, startling her. She placed her hand over her heart, silently trying to calm it down.

?Kyp.? She said softly.

He looked at her, his eyes glazed with tears. She was shocked to see him like this, but not really surprised. Kyp Durron must have had many nightmares.

She did not know why, but she placed one of her hands on his cheeks. She felt the wet tears on her hands and her heart sank.

?Oh Kyp, its ok.?

She caressed his cheek and wiped the tears from his face. He stared at her intensely for the span of several seconds. It the vast light of Hapes many moons, her eyes glimmered like the stars. The light illuminated her face and she appeared to Kyp to have an ethereal beauty.

Her hands were soft and tender. Her touch was comforting. He reached out to touch her, not believing her to be real. He traced the outline of her face with his thumb, taking in every inch, her cheekbones, her eyes, the delicate silhouette of her hairline.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. His scent was everywhere. When he brought his thumb up and traced her soft lips she turned her head slightly into his hand and kissed his palm.

He brought her face closer to his. She moved her hand up his muscular arm and encircled him in an embrace. He touched his lips to hers and gently kissed her. He felt her breathing increase and as if it had awakened him, he pulled himself away from her.

Again he stared at her for a long moment. She was still every bit as beautiful as she had been before. Even more so now that her face was flushed. But now, he remembered who she was.

?I have to step outside.? He told her. And with that, he got up and walked out of the hut.

Leila still sat motionless on the side of Kyp?s cot, trying to make sense of what had just happened. She had never experienced anything like that before. It was intoxicating.

It was also confusing. Why had he kissed her? Kyp was much older that she was and her father?s close friend. Certainly he did not see her that way. But then, he had seen Jaina that way. Perhaps that was what this was all about. Maybe he saw her as a replacement for her sister.

Leila felt disappointed. The last thing she wanted was to be compared yet again with Jaina. Jaina was famous for her flying skills and her beauty. And those things alone had made her a desirable catch to the men in the galaxy. Leila did not envy her sister these things but she was not going to play second fiddle to her. And she was certainly not going to be the second choice of a man that had lost his chance with her sister.

16. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Shamelessly uping my own fic.

17. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Great post, Lianna.

Poor Leila though. :( Always being compared to Jaina. It's so unfair! :p

18. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    I can't believe I missed this [face_shocked] It's amazing

It was so intense my screen almost melted 8-}

No really. I liked the post. I liked how it didn't jump in the blissfull "I love you forever" posts... if you know what I mean.

Sorry for not catching it earlier!

19. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Upsidosi

20. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Thank you for the good reviews. I will have a post up tommorow if all goes well.

21. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Yay!!! Please post soon!

22. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Postie? Please?

23. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Here you go!

Kyp was surprised the next morning to find that not only had Leila left the hut before him, she had left the entire planet to go back to the Hapan capital.

?She received a message from the Queen this morning.? Said the relief worker who met him at the communications center.

? Some of the Houses were a little bent out of shape over what happened with Uruveve so the Queen called her to the Palace for the details. I asked if she was going to wait for you but she said that there was no time like the present and that if you wanted to come you could get a ship out.?

Kyp was angry at her departure but really could not blame her considering what had happened the night before.

?I?ll leave as soon as I have clearance.?

?That?s the problem. All transports have been grounded while the security codes are being changed. It will be another day before any ships can be cleared to leave. It?s a safety measure that is done from time to time around here. We never know when they?re going to do them. We just get the call and ground all flights. Blasted inconvient. Ms. Solo had already got her clearance to go before the call came through. I asked her if she didn?t want someone to fetch you but she was in such a hurry.?

Kyp sighed. The call for security code changes worked in Leila?s favor. He wondered to himself if perhaps she might have had something to do with it.

?Since you?re grounded here, you might as well be of some use.? The voice of a tall stout woman came from behind Kyp. ?Those new huts you helped secure need distributing and assembling. This is after all a refugee camp not a Jedi resort.? He turned to protest but seeing the stern look on her face instead relented. From the looks of her she could handle him force or no force.

Kyp found himself spending the rest of the day hoisting huts off of pallets and into the air with the force. It was actually a good exercise but as he studied his coworkers he realized they were a bit resentful of the fact that he had not even broken a sweat. Frowning, he picked up the next hut by hand.

?You?d think they?d be grateful that the work was getting done faster.? Kyp thought.

?I understand how you feel.? The worker next to him said. Kyp gave him a confused look.

?I?m not where I?m supposed to be either.? Kyp did not detect any resentment in the man?s voice, just a plain statement of facts.

?Really. And where are you supposed to be?? Kyp asked.

The man chuckled a bit. ?On a very lush green floral planet.? He said.

Kyp gave him yet another quizzical look. The man smiled as he noted Kyp?s continued confusion.

?I?m a botonist.? He said plainly clarifying the matter to Kyp.

?Name?s Verand Etand.? He extended his hand to Kyp and Kyp eagerly took it.

?A botonist huh?? Kyp said recalling the plant he kept in his hut. ?I might have something that would make your day worthwhile.?

Leila heaved a sigh of relief when her transport finally landed in the Hapan Capital city. She had sent Tenel Ka a message over her private signal offering to explain matters with Uruveve. Tenel Ka had then responded, inviting her to the Hapes. Leila then called the Security Chief and gave him a ?confidential? tip of the possibility that some of the newer refugees were, shall we say, of questionable origins and suggested that he call in a security code change, after she had received her clearance to leave that is. That would give her enough time to get off planet before Kyp could follow and slow him down a bit in the process. She hoped that the time and distance between her and Kyp would give her opportunity to clear her mind.

?Well?, She thought. ?You got what you wanted. He sees you as a desirable woman. Now what??. She felt like someone had given her a gift that she did not know what to do with. Did she pretend that nothing had happened? Did she talk about it with him? If so, what should she say?

Would she tell him that it was a moment of weakness on their part? Would she say that it had o

24. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Typical indeed! Those darn Solos! :p Always getting into something! LOL.

25. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Bloody Solos... bloody hell... good post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.