main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Forbidden Love -- Qui-Gon/Tahl Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by qui-gon_and_tahl, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    fine, thanks and where do i do so? :confused:

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Once you're in the right section, find a spot to the left above the stories that says "post new topic" just to the left of the blank "search box."

Type, or copy/paste your story, PREVIEW (for various issues), then SUBMIT. Viola!

3. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !
    thank you! :)

so I'v started writing a qui/tahl story, but it isn't about their childhood or something. nevertheless: does anyone want to read it? [face_worried]

4. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    Of course we do! Post it, please! :D :D :D

5. qui-gon_and_tahl

qui-gon_and_tahl Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2007
    Yes, please T_J! :D Any Qui/Tahl fanfiction is welcome here! [:D]

6. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    fine^^
    i guess i will post the beginning soon (probabely today^^) but i will just summarize a little^^ (just to make you interested in it lol)

like i said it's about qui-gon and tahl and it takes place in AU means tahl didn't die at new apsolon and she and qui are having an affair. nobody knows but one day their padawans find out...
    hope it's going to be a good story...[face_batting]

TJ

7. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    so i now did it...
    i've posted the beginning of my first fanfiction (named nobody knew)
    please try it here and please reviews...[face_praying]

8. qui-gon_and_tahl

Jun 11, 2007
    Wow, great start T_J :D

So far we have earlybird-obi-wan's response to the challenge: Breaking Dawn. Any others? :)

9. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Wow, it?s amazing what one can miss when they?ve been camping in the middle of nowhere for a week? I read the other entries, and they?re so good!!! I would write a response right now, but my Microsoft Word isn?t working.. *groans*

-Miks :)

10. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    Ug. I've been trying for weeks to come up with something for this challenge, but time has gotten the better of me! With the summer coming to an end, and everyone gearing up for school, I'm pressed for time. Unfortunately, I have homework due the first day of school, and I just found out a few days ago that I have to have a 50 page study done by this Wednesday. Eep!

Anyway, sorry for that mini-rant. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get my entry in this time. Perhaps next time, once I'm settled back into my school routine. :)

Great starting, Tahl_Jinn! :D I look forward to seeing more!

11. qui-gon_and_tahl

Jun 11, 2007
    Okay then, whenever you have time. Good luck on those assignments! :D

Let's see...discussion topic...discussion topic...Does anyone want to think of a discussion topic? I'm at a loss of one right now. 8-}

12. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    hey guys!

it's true, you can miss so much when you're just a week away...
    thx for saying my story's great :D I really am happy about that. i guess i'm going on with the story tomorrow or this week, but soon^^

so, discussion... good idea, qui-gon_and_tahl, i'd say^^
    did anyone of you read the book the secret of the jedi (i don't know it's the english title, but it's from jude watson...). but wouldn't this be a nice topic for a while?

13. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    Oooh, I did read that one, but it was a long time ago! I barely remember it. I might have to read it again... Did it have any Qui/Tahl it in? I remember quite a bit of Obi/Siri, but none of the former. :confused:

14. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    well there's a little qui/tahl stuff... but it's just sad :'(
    the main part is about obi/siri and it takes place ... what ever, a year or something after call to vergance
    but it's good, i think^^

15. AniLaminara

AniLaminara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2008
    Hi Luminara! I hope that you'll send me that story for beta-ing. Here's my e-mail: abdelphinus@aol.com

AniLaminara

16. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Hi Ani! (again) I?ll send you the story when I?m done, ?kay? I?m guessing it?s going to be a while before I finish it.. *ack* you may have to wait awhile.

Discussion topic: How did Qui Gon and Tahl come to the Jedi Order? Were they recruited? Or were they born to workers at the Temple, etcetera? Hmm..

-Miks :)

17. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008
    :eek: A Qui-Gon and Tahl thread? Hallelujah! :D

Discussion topic: How did Qui Gon and Tahl come to the Jedi Order? Were they recruited? Or were they born to workers at the Temple, etcetera? Hmm..

I'm pretty sure that Qui-Gon and Tahl born force-sensitive and brought to the Temple for jedi training. It does say in the books that they became friends at 7 or 8. So I believe that this indicates they were brought to the Temple at a young age. Plus, Qui-Gon has a rock from his homeworld which he gives to Obi-Wan on his thirteenth birthday meaning that he couldn't have been born to workers at the Temple because then his homeworld would be Coruscant and I'm not sure Coruscant has many appealing rocks...

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I don't think that Coruscant has any appealing rivers either. At least none that aren't paved over.

I would think that both Qui-Gon and Tahl were brought to the Temple when they were infants, or very small children. That seemed to be the standard for the Old Republic and I think that both of them were typical in that way.

19. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey, guys! I've kinda been on a temporary hiatus with my stories here, but I just updated my Tahl/Qui-Gon story. Yay!

As for the discussion topic: I think they they were brought as babies, as ardavenport said, but it would be a cool idea to have them be born to workers at the Temple. The possibilities are really endless, here. You could play around with a lot of cool ideas.

- Serena

20. AniLaminara

Sep 15, 2008
    oooh, I sense a story coming on! DO IT, DO IT, (continues chant) (a millenia later)
    DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT....(and on and on and on)

21. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    [face_laugh]:D Don't give me any plot bunnies! Dang it all!! Once I get an idea in my head I HAVE to write it down. Writer's curse. :p

22. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    And aren't I glad that you did update! I love a good Qui/Tahl story!!!

Oh, that is an interesting idea! I'd never even thought about them being born to workers in the Temple. A very intriguing prospect.

Another idea that, strangely enough, came from a very funny dream I had a few days back, is this: How different would the lives of Qui-Gon and Tahl be if the Jedi rule against marital attachments was abolished? Moreover, how would it affect their padawans? I know it's a cliche little thing, but even for the most anti-mary-sue writer, it's interesting to speculate.

Oooh, plot bunnies arising... I've got a million little ideas bouncing around in my head, now! But unfortunately, school and theatre has me majorly pressed for free time to write. But... I'm sure I can find time for dear 'ol Qui and Tahl... We'll see what comes of that. :)

23. AniLaminara

Sep 15, 2008
    PLEASE do not say any more! I am having a hectic week with thousands of little plot bunnies running loose in my brain, and I really do not need more story ideas; I stink at Love stories, but I have never published one, so there. Well, I hope I just didn't put you all off, but please write and update, all you people. I love reading stories!

AniLaminara

24. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Same here.. Scary little plot bunnies have caused me, in a moment of weakness, to write Fly High.. LumiWan, too! *AUGH!* WHY CAN'T I GET A PLOT BUNNY FOR QUI/TAHL!?!?!?!?! *sighs*

-Miks

25. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    lol... i know this... but i had ONE and started wirting (as you might have recognized)

i think the difficult thing about writing a fanfic is to keep it on. it's always like: well, I like it but other? that's why i never published one before xD but now i'm happy that i did, because qui/tahl fics are way too seldom!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.