main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Forbidden Love" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Toonbuck Toora! Hehehehe! What a woman!

In some SW Insider pics and a select pic, you can see Senator Amidala, Senator Toonbuck Toora, and Count Dooku all have a similar chair which would suggest they're in the same room. Maybe their will be a cat fight between Padme and Toonbuck while Dooku is the ref and..........I should quite while i'm not ahead.

2. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    And those chairs look strikingly similar to those that are on the TF Battleship in TPM...

3. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    I liked everything except the nature of Anakin and Padme's first meeting.

The whole "grown more beautiful" thing does not work for me... but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Other than that... man, how is George Lucas going to fit all of this in the film? There seems to be so much...

Overall, a neat trailer. Some great shots worth looking at frame by frame, taking a closer look at Natalie - er, the effects. Yeah.

Speaking of the effects, it's obvious that they're not all finished yet. I'm sure the final version of that Sandcrawler shot will be far more detailed, for example...

4. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    IronParrot: "The whole "grown more beautiful" thing does not work for me... but I'm sure it'll grow on me."

Thats cool you have your opinion but I'll tell you why it works for me. When Anakin first meet Padme all he could think of is that she's a beautiful angel. Now put yourself in his place, 10 years past and your once again face to face with your angel. Wouldn't you be a little nervous too? The reason I think he's nervous is the way he delivers the line, without confidence. I think George wrote that line thinking of this. Love sure does make you saying the weirdest and corniest things sometimes. ;)

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I think it would have looked out of place if he had said the line with confidence. He's nervous and understandably so.

6. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    What makes that line work for me is the way the guy next to Amidala sort of rolls his eyes. ;) Anakin's back in his "Are you an angel" mode...but it doesn't last long apparently. He turns it around on her, and makes her the one who feels uncomfortable ("Don't look at me that way") before they really get it together. :D

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah! LOL! I love how Padme's guard with the eyepatch gets all nervous and looks away or whatever when Anakin says that. :D [face_laugh] Too funny!

Oh, and about that line itself, it made the whole trailer for me, it's very clever. :)

8. zencat

zencat Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2001
    Sorry guys, but what I saw was STAR WARS, 90210. It's not a good trailer.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the teaser and I think ATOC is going to blow TPM away, but I really think this trailer is wrong-headed. I know George has said all along that EPII is going to be a love story, but if the love story is as weak as this trailer makes it look, then pitch the movie's strength! Why is this movie called ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I expect it's because Clones attack in this movie, but we sure don't get that in any of the trailers (or even the poster).

I know and love my Star Wars so I can see how it's all going to come together and that he's keeping the Clones secret because they're gonna be so cool, etc., but to the average movie-goer pitching a "love story" called Attack of the Clones makes the movie seem unfocused and schizophrenic. And, lets' face it; George Lucas dialogue out of context is a bit laughable?and that beat with Hayden Christensen throwing a temper tantrum...oh, dear. Like I said, not a good trailer.

9. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I'd say it was designed for the very specific purpose of attracting female viewers. So you could say you didn't like it, but in terms of acheiving its purpose, I'd say it worked.

10. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    Well I've been out of town since Friday afternoon right after school so I've had to wait 48 looong hours before finally seeing the new trailer...but it was worth every nanosecond.

I hate giving off seemingly overstated remarks like "this is the greatest trailer ever made" but I must come close to saying that, in my view. I mean I even had a tear forming half way through the trailer for two reasons: 1) the sheer beauty of and scope that this film is taking and 2) the relationship between Anakin and Padme. I am totally speechless when it comes to describing the feeling of their scenes together.

11. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    LOL! The temper tantrum is the greatest.

I laugh. :D

12. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    SirKnightLord - I agree. Talk about chemistry between those two, I mean it gives me goosebumps sometimes.

13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I found the scene at the waterfall to be heartbreaking, because it's obvious they are in love, and yet you know how it's going to end.

14. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool.

15. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I hope Anakin looks angry, we can't seem him as the trailer cuts out, but his voice sounds whiny. I mentioned earlier that I think (pure speculation) that Shmi is dead and that is what is provoking that outburst (which also leads me to think that he did not have a direct hand in it, putting a hole in the theory that she is blown up by her transmitter thingy while he blasts off tattooine.)

Doesn't Anakin look like luke (i need to work in the words leck and lack to really have a cool series :) when he is on his scooter and luke on his speeder? If that scene is in context with both the movie and my theory, then Anakin would speed away from the Lars hut after the death of his parent, and Luke rushes back sensing trouble to find his "parents" dead.

Some irony there if what I said pans out. Of course the images may not be in context.

--Joey

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the "grown more beautiful" line echoes on "Are you an angel?"...man, Anakin REALLY has a hard time with pickup lines, doesn't he? I mean, they're worse than Buttheads "hey, baby..." ;;D

In regards to Boba Fett...I don't think he's shown to be a "putz" in the OT compared to Jango. First off, Boba was pretty slick tracking the falcon down, and second, when comparing ground fighting skills...Boba Fett was the only one giving Luke any trouble on the skiff/Barge fight (not counting the one guy who got a lucky shot at Luke's hand). Luke was taking one swing at everyone to take them down. Boba jumps in, blaster ready, LUke gets his swing in but only hits the gun. Fine. Next we have the lanyard that comes out of nowhere...Mr. Jedi didn't see that before it happened::) It's only because that dimwit firing the surface cannon on the Barge shot at the skiff that Luke got out of that one. Fine, Fett's down for a second from the impact shockwave, gets up and sees Luke, time for some rocket darts...and, damn Solo's luck.

Afterall, Fett's demise wasn't a result of his own error (although I suppose he thought Solo was harmless since he was blind, so that oversight could be considered his own fault i suppose then..). Also keep in mind Fett was holding his own/had the upper hand in the middle of a large melle fight with skiff guards and everything all around, plus solo, the wookiee and Lando. Jango's fight with Obi-wan (it seems so far at least judging by the trailers) is a one-on-one type deal also, I bet Fett could do just as well as Jango in a one-on-one situation against a Jedi where there aren't dimwits with surface defense guns shooting at you and various skiff guards flailing about..not to mention a half-blind smuggler behind you.[face_batting]

17. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Has anyone else noticed in these trailers that the slave 1 isn't firing from the twin blaster cannons on the tip of the ship that we see in the ot, but 2 new cannons higher up on the ship? i'm guessing the ship model is new at the time of ep. 2 and that is the weapons configuration before boba majorly upgrades it for his purposes.

18. MountainMan

MountainMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 11, 2001
    O.K., here is the anatomy of the "Grown more beautiful" line.

Anakin sees Padme, presumably for the first time in 10 years. Now Padme is a total hottie, a mature woman with some very feminine charms. Anakin is a teenage boy dealing with late adolescence and his hormones are probably raging, Jedi training be damned!

So he walks into the room and sees Padme and suddenly he turns to mush inside. He's hiding behind Obi-Wan hoping that this ravishingly beautiful creature doesn't zap him with her siren song. But then, horrors, she notices him!

"Annie? You've grown!"

Suddenly he's trapped! Think! Think! What do I say! Oh, damn, she's waiting. She's just looking at me with those large, brown eyes, and those full lips, and- Stop it! Focus! She's just acknowledged you, so how do you respond? Uh...

"So have you."

Damn! That sounded stupid. Quick, fix it before she realizes that you're acting like total doofus!

"Grown more beautiful, I mean."

Well, so much for not looking like a doofus!

19. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    :D. I think it was an intended awkward moment. It's too obvious and too easily fixable to be anything else.

And you're right, he basically was behind Obi-Wan, who has to step aside for Anakin to speak.

20. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    Lol Mountain man...you would be a good screenwirter methinks . :)

21. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    And the best part is when we see Obi-Wan stepping aside and Anakin is about to speak he looks really cocky and slick, like he knows what he's doing. Then he makes the mistake of speaking.

We don't actually see him when he says, "Grown more beautiful, I mean". All we see is Padme's non-reaction and Captain Typho's smirk.

In the Mystery trailer we see what is obviously an exchange from later in the same scene, when Anakin tells Padme that he won't let anything happen to her. It looks like he's got things calmed down by then, though Obi-Wan gives him a look of disapproval as he is saying it.

22. MasterYodaSkywalker

MasterYodaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    Still, I just love Obi-Wan's "Good job" at the end of the Mystery trailer... very ROTJ-esque. I just love it. Too bad the "Forbidden Love" trailer didn't end with such a great "one liner", though Anakin's lines in the trailer kind of make up for it. :)

-MasterYodaSkywalker

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey all... missed most of the early discussion (but caught up on it all tonight [face_rofl] and was wondering about the "lightsaber switching" that occurs in the trailers...

- "Breathing" has Anakin and Obi-Wan running down a hallway, Obi-Wan has a blue lightsaber and Anakin has green.

- "Mystery" has Anakin getting Force-lightninged or something, and you can clearly see (in slow-mo) that the lightsaber was green as it's retracting.

- In all three trailers, for his battle with Dooku and slash in the last shot of "Forbidden Love," that Anakin uses a BLUE blade.

This is odd, 'cause I thought Jedi typically don't switch lightsabers (and can't come up with a theory why he and Obi-Wan would switch). So I figured Anakin's green saber was probably given to him by Obi-Wan and was Qui-Gon's as Anakin probably hasn't been trained in Lightsaber Building 101 yet. But then when he uses that blue one, maybe he sticks with it until he becomes Darth Vader... then the lightsaber that Obi-Wan gives to Luke eventually was technically Anakin's, but originally Obi-Wan's, hence his hanging on to it. That'd be sweeeet...

Any other speculation?

24. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I think you might be stepping a bit into spoiler territory there, but not sure.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    'Twasn't my intention. Clearly, I'm not asking for anyone WITH information to post the definitive answers to those questions. =)

But just as clearly in the TRAILERS ONLY, Anakin was using first green then blue lightsabers. And also, Dooku stands there and ignites his red lightsaber and we see Anakin fighting him in the Mystery trailer (or else someone else with a red lightsaber looking REMARKABLY like him).

So since I'm operating only on speculation, I'm curious what others are speculating. I'm trying to stay as spoiler-free as possible. Only the trailers and fan-based speculation but NO FACTS!!! =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.