main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Forbidden Love" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captveg

captveg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmmm....

Maybe Anakin's blue lightsaber gets busted up and he ends up using Obi-Wan's.

2. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    I can't believe some people keep commenting on the effects and how some of them need to be improved! Sheesh, I was pretty impressed. Of course, I haven't seen it on the big screen yet, so I can't really judge them.

As great as this trailer is, I still think that the TPM teaser was better. When the main theme kicks in and they show the shot of Anakin's pod racing through the arches...the shot of Maul igniting his saber, later deflecting two Jedi sabers aside, and my personal favorite that made my mess my fanboy shorts...Obi-Wan flipping across the chasm with QG to take on DMaul. Wow. This trailer, in my opinion is close, very close. The only thing that holds it back is that the cuts are so quick at the end, but that's cool, because it'll make those images that much better come May!!!

Side note: I have a final the day AOTC comes out which means that I'll be studying during the midnight showing and I probably won't be able to get tickets on opening day: I may have to wait until the third day its out!!!! As Obi-Wan said: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    OK, I need some assistance here with a major problem. After all the talk about Trailer 3 being attached to "Harry Potter" I was looking forward to not only taking my girlfriend to the movie of her choice for her birthday, but getting to see the latest trailer for Aotc; one problem...NO TRAILER. There were four or five screens showing HP, and mine apparently wasn't one of the. Now I'mn hearing it could be showing on "The One" as well as HP. I need Mace Windu to say "we will use all our resources to solve this mystery. We will uncover the indentity..." of the movie that has the "Forbidden Love" trailer.

4. Roger-Roger

Roger-Roger Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2001
    The trailer was very good IMO, and it´s growing on me still. I didn´t know what to expect from The Christopher Lee character, Count Dooku, (well, I still don´t) but he looked awesome! A Darth Vader father-figure it seems! And the Jango Fett guy looks cool. Actually, at this point (not knowing the story in AOTC), I think it would be cooler if it actually was Boba Fett. He would then in ROTJ be an old, over-the-hill bounty hunter, which would explain his lameness in the OT.

Nice also that the film is called "Attack of the Clones" (I have nothing against that title), yet we haven´t really seen anything about clones attacking. Apart from that one shot.

My biggest concern though is that this "forbidden love" will be the major reason for Anakin´s turn to the dark side. I so hope not. It is "Fear is the path to the dark side", not "forbidden love is the path to the dark side". I want to see fear and anger in Anakin, and I want to see Anakin choose the "quick and easy path". If not in this episode, then certainly in episode III.
    I don´t want to feel sorry for Darth Vader.

5. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I found something interesting in the trailer at 00:36 when Obi Wan and Anakin are chatting in what looks like a Coruscant apartment or office. Pay attention to the glass screen window directly behind Obi Wan and Anakin. The window is closing. Like screen windows on our decks, the expansive windows of a Coruscant apartment can open and shut. Perhaps Obi Wan and Anakin are walking in from the deck/balcony where they have been catching some fresh air. Or maybe they walked into the apartment from a landing bay/parking lot connected to the premises.

6. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    I liked the trailer immensely, and as everyone has mentioned as happening to them, it's still growing on me. I like the music scheme for the beginning (Leia's theme) and I think it fit well (especially the climax where Padme and Anakin kiss)...it'll be interesting to see where John Williams goes with the love theme between Anakin and Padme. ;)

btw...does anybody get goosebumps at the very last scene of Anakin slicing some poor dude in half?? Such force in action, such speed...i'd hate to be that guy!

7. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    JediBeowulf, I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I watch those last few frames I jump back in my seat and let out an ungodly scream of gittyness.

:D

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Anakin does seem to be taking his anger out on some poor innocent person with a blurry head. Blurry headed people are not to be trusted. I personally would be frightened if I saw a person with a blurry head walking around because I'm too young for glasses. Maybe the head was blurred for a reason.

I sure hope Mr. Williams comes up with a great theme for Anakin and Padme's love story.

Trade Federation chairs? That's possible or those are just common chairs in the Galaxy.

I'm sure Palpatine will not be standing around his office in his Sith garb when Jedi are sitting just in front of him.

As for the lightsaber fiasco, you guys I think should be able to come up with a much better explanation than that.

On a side note: I think book lovers should read Cloak of Deception if they haven't done so already.

9. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Why do u assume they are innocent? It's been mentioned on these boards before that it looks to be a Tusken Raider. I doubt GL would make them sympathetic figures.

I'll bet they're up to no good, maybe trying to rob the camp, or just catching Anakin at a particularly bad time.

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  11. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Oh sorry. I didn't want to mention the Tusken Raider thing for fear it might be spoilerish.

12. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Well I don't consider it spoilerish. It's an inference I made from the horns on the head of the victim and the Tusken-like sound that you can hear just before its cut off.

13. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Well I'm glad you think it's a Tusken Raider. That's good observation on your part.

14. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Assuming that you're right and Anakin is slicing off the head of a Tusken raider (and I consider this reasonable speculation, not a spoiler, as it can be inferred from the trailer), here's my take on Anakin and the Tusken raiders:

I think that Anakin's slicing and dicing of the Tuskens will be evidence of Anakin's budding evil, vindicative side. Yeah, sure, he's probably justified in killing the Sand People. They attacked his camp. Or they gave Beru and Owen a hard time on the moisture farm. But should a Jedi attack these bandits with hatred and anger? Does Anakin need to chop off their heads? Can't we hack off a limb and send the guy running home? Or, if you think the Sand People are too dangerous and vengeful to let them go home wounded, couldn't he have killed the Tusken Raider in a less angry way? Should Jedi Anakin really be showing so much anger while doing the simple Jedi task of protecting people?Perhaps Lucas will use Anakin's lashing out at the Sand People as a signal of the sadistic Vader to come.

On another subject, I'm curious to know how people who know the spoilers have reacted to the AOTC trailers. Are they psyched about AOTC? Are they more or less concerned about the viability of the romance plot than the non-spoiler crowd? Are they 100% confident that AOTC will be significantly better than TPM? I don't want to post in the spoiler section because then I'll get spoiled. And I don't want spoiler people to spoil me or anyone else. But I am curious to know what they think in general terms. After all, there are over 200,000 messages in the spoiler forum, whereas there are about 20,000 in our non-spoiler forum. So the discussion is ten times as big in quantity in the other forum. They are the majority. What do they have to say? So, if there is a moderator or somebody who can report in GENERAL TERMS about the reaction of the "spoiled majority," I would very much like to hear it.

15. ViolaSmurf

ViolaSmurf Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2001
    I am not 100% spoiled about AOTC but I know about 90% of the plot and some of the dialogue stuff.Well to your question answer is thet most of the people in spoiler forum like "forbiden love" trailer very much.I would say that ther is ration of 1 spoiler person who hates acting and scripting and about 5 people who really enjoy both acting and dialogue.About 95% of the people think that action and visuals are something which we have never seen in any movie.They are totally blown away by visuals and setting for romance scenes like thosse waterfalls .

So the only concern forsome people is some of the dialogue lines.Like"have grown more beautiful" or"I'll be the most powerful jedi ever".The second line iss totally out of the context as I read in spoilers and wit will be totally appropriate when we see it full context.And first line seems that it is sripted that way on purpose.As someone said if it is to easy to fix that scene so probably that flat look Anakin face is done on purpose.

Most important of all I am now very confident that all of us will totally love both plot of EP2 and characters.My only little fear is that realization of script in the movie won't be good.Like editing and acting maybe.

16. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Yeah, I thought it was a Raider as well. It's more evident when you see it on the big screen.

Anyone have any AOTC trailer stories? Right when the LucasFilm logo showed up everyone in the theater went "SHHHHHHHHH!!!" I liked that :)

17. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    Very cool, Emperor_Dan :) I hope to get to see it on the big screen soon.

18. Echo Station 3TA

Echo Station 3TA Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2000
    I came into work today becuase one of my buddies sadi that he would download the two trailers to a disk for me. He comes into work today after having visited a hidden file sharing site. There is a third trailer. No, this isn't a fan trailer. This is really good. It features:
    More scenes from the asteroid chase,
    Jango Fett and Ob Won fight,
    One awsome scene where Anakin (like Luke) is seen getting electrified by the bolts of someones hands,
    a chase scene where Obi Won and Anakin are chasing after the bounty hunter they discover in the bar,
    A scene similar to episode 4 in the bar where Ob Won whips out a light saber on that same bounty hunter,
    A scene whewre Yoda mentions how puzzling this mystrey is,
    Scene from the Jedi council with Mace speaking about Amidala's assasins,
    A scene with someone accually driving the "Flying Whale" (Not Jango, some alien that looks like Odi Mandrell in Episode 1),
    And my favorite........Ob Won is strung up to a post in the middle of an arena and Anakin is next to him. Anakin says, "we were coming to save you" Ob Won replies sarcastically " Good Job."
    Oh yeah and a scene from when Ob Won dives through a window to grap the assasin droid that takes him through the city of Crouscant.
    This disk is awsome!

EDIT (Mr. P): No spoilers, please.

19. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Umm... it is called mystery it is from the link on the DVD. A few pages back you can read all about it.

--Joey

20. Echo Station 3TA

Echo Station 3TA Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2000
    Really? See this is my problem. I have the DVD but no DVD drive in my computer with interent access. Can and do I, have access to all three trailers then through the DVD?

21. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    well i've tried to watch it off apple's site, but i have a measly 56k connection and an old power pc. tried to dowload it to have better playback from my hard drive, but could not. it does look nice, what i could see of it.
    even trying to view on the small setting, the images were not syncing with the sound - or when there was sound, the images stuck. not very good quality. I could see whole thing by turning off sound and manually advancing it. not everyone has a T-Rex T1 connection.

ewan and hayden look hot. natalie looks great too.

22. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    After watching trailers for most of the SW movies, I can say trailers do not reveal too much of the plot. I remember seeing the ESB trailer back in 1980, and recalled seeing parts of the asteroid seen. I thought the effects were outstanding, but had no idea how the Falcon ended up there.

I have not seen the most recent trailer, but I have seen isolated pictures. It looks promising, but does not really tell us anything too revealing. We know Ani and Padme will develop a romantic relationship, so the kiss is no surprise. Other pictures give us just enough to heighten our curiosity.

23. bennehana

bennehana Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2001
    I convinced my sister to watch "Forbidden Love" kinda as a test to see if other teeny boppers like her would like it. And low and behold she did, and not just the love sequences either. I also have 2 other female friends who want to see the movie now soley because of that trailer. All three also love Christensen. Figures. I guess Lucas got the job done.

24. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    No I hope we don't see any clones attack! I don't want the trailers to ruin everything as far as visuals are concerned!!!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. legend7

legend7 Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2001
    Personally I thought the acting was very well done, much better than TPM. Did any one notice that yes, Jar Jar is still there. Check the first scene when Obi and Ani walk in to see Padme for the first time. If you look to the left you can see him. Oh well, doesn't look like he'll have a big part though.

BTW as for posting the link to the large version, I doubt it would do you much good. I'm running Mac OS X and on my dad's user name he had applied the QT Pro registration which had yet to be done on my account so I couldn't play it. So what I did is I downloaded it on his account, left and went back into mine and when I tried to play the movie it wouldn't let me because I didn't have Pro. Then I put in our registration key and it let me play it on my account. So, I don't think posting the link to the large version would matter anyway.

One more thing, because I have a Mac I can not access the trailer that is only allowed to those with the DVD. I have the DVD and I have a computer but because it's not windows I can't access the site. Does anyone know of any other ways that would allow me to see it? After all, I payed my money like everyone else and I have the technology to play a movie - so how can I get it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.