main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Forbidden Love" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    What I´ve heard he will be present in some of the Corusant scenes in the beginning or rather first 30 min. of the movie (may be wrong info though). I hope so, he (well, it was not him alone but he, and "yipees" "oops" fart, was the major thing that bugged me) already ruined one Star Wars movie.

He WILL NOT do the same to Episode II.

2. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    IT was AWESOME. AotC looks to be the best SW movie yet, at least arguably.

3. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    You CAN access the Mystery Trailer on the Mac. Check the SW official site, they have a link.

4. QuiGonJinn

QuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1998
    I do not think that's a tusken raider he's decapitating.

Look at Anakin's face, he's pissed. I think he's engaged in battle with whomever (or whatever) he's cutting down and whatever it is must have put up somewhat of a fight for Anakin to get worked up like that. Unless he's pissed off at something else entirely and just taking it out on some tusken raider that happened to be passing by. If you ask me it looks like the head has been blacked out intentionally to hide the identity of the character. Whatever it is seems to be casual walking towards him with no visible weapons.

[image=http://theforce.net/episode2/newspics/forbidden/81.jpg]
    I don't think he's on Tatooine either.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    FINALLY...I found the trailer (loud hearty laughter) and what a trailer!
    I loved the choice of Leia's theme from ANH as the music, it brought the intensity down from any of the other trailers allowing you to get involved in what they're saying. And the fact that Jedi refer to Padme as "my lady" is so great; reminds me of the knights of midieval time. Say what you want about Ewan's public pouting over "MR" he has got the Alec Guinness role down; the part where he tells Anakin "your thoughts betray you" sounded like it had come from Sir Alec in RotJ.
    And finally we get a glimpse of what the intensity Hayden is going to bring to Anakin on boths ends of emotions. The part where he's going off in the homested garage had such anger; I can see how sweet little Anakin from TPM can become Darth Vader.

EDIT: I'll try to stay "spoiler-sensative," but whatever got him that pissed...I think he's taking it out on a Tusken Raider.

6. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    Yeah, i´d really like to know what manner of character Anakin is chopping down in the end!
    Its gotten me really excited! I doubt its a Tusken Raider, unless Anakin is wandering through the Jundland wastes, a location which is said to be in the movie! And Obi-Wan is seen fighting some thing as well on the same location with a blue lightsaber as well! only i think whatever he is fighting is carrying a lightsaber... actually i think it´s Count Dooku, and its not the same location as Anakin´s chop! drats!

7. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Look at his head. It looks like a point like on a Tusken Raider. However since it happens so fast, it could just be a blur.

8. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I was watching the Forbidden Love trailer for the nth time yesterday, and I noticed something odd: In the shot where (Obi-Wan? Anakin?) is rolling away from the blaster fire from Jango, you can see a sort of reflected face in the floor. I thought it was a reflection from an off-screen statue or something before, but if you look closely it looks like someone. Has anyone else noticed this? Or have I watched the trailer one too many times? ;)

9. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    It's near the www. where you're talking about right? :)

If so, it does look like a pink face with horns to me.

10. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    wha? i dont notice any face!

11. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    A quick check to the EpII databank shows that tuskien raiders ARE in EpII.... And that really, really looks like one.

12. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    no! i think its a clone of Darth Maul!!!

its a tusken raider!

13. OneTruth

OneTruth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. I think it's a Tusken raider, and there must be some reason Anakin is chopping him. We'll see.

14. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    :eek:

I swear I've seen something to somewhat shock me!

I CANNOT be certain about this, but I swear Obi-wan fights Mace Windu! :eek:

The shot is very near the end of the trailer. Obi-wan I can see, the other attacker, not so.

Can someone check? About 1:56 into it.

15. OneTruth

Nov 29, 2001
    I doubt it. If it is Mace Windu, he's probably fighting WITH Obi-Wan, not against him.

16. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Someone PMed me saying it wasn't, but I still can't imagine who it was.

17. phantom31415

phantom31415 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Anyone have any speculation about who the "They came out of nowhere.." people are? I figure they might be Tusken raiders. Or maybe the clones. The "They" implies more than one, so it probably wasn't a Sith. The fact that the quote was said indicates survivors, another unliklihood for a Sith attack.

Perhaps Anakin is defending something when he chops up the Tusken raider, if that's what it is.

Of course, all this is speculation. I'll remain unspoiled till EP.III

18. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Just speculation, but maybe it was the bounty hunters going after Padme.

19. OneTruth

Nov 29, 2001
    If we could figure out who said it, it would be easier. My guess is it's either Cliegg or Owen.

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I doubt that, because the Tatty and Coruscant subplots are unlikely to be that interwoven. Moisture farmers wouldn't care much about an assassination attempt on a senator from a distant system.

21. OneTruth

Nov 29, 2001
    Maybe he's not talking about Padme's assasination? I dunno...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.