"Forbidden Love" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Emperor_Dan

> Are we allowed to post screencaps, PB?

Only if they're from the high res version. :)
  2. Darth_Puck Jedi Padawan

The thought of Lucas writing a love story has me cringing. I have to admit the dialogue was a bit corny but hey, the entire trilogy is corny.

The 2nd half of the trailer has me totally jazzed. I pity those who don't have Quicktime Pro.
  3. JediPhilB Jedi Padawan

It's obvious that the "someday" line is foreshadowing. That's the problem. It would have been nice if Lucas had used more subtle measures as foreshadowing, and maybe he will as we haven't seen the entire movie.

I know Hayden can act, that's not what I'm saying. My point is just it seems the character of Anakin hasn't really matured into an adult, but seems to be more of an older version of Jake Lloyd. When I watch the trailer I don't see the future Vader, but an older Lloyd.

Like I said I hope the movie is good. We all do and I think it will be good compared to TPM. However, compared to the OT I don't think it will be the same. Star Wars has changed and it seems to be more about eye-candy then anything else.

JediPhil
    jediphilb@yahoo.com
    180 days left until Episode II
  4. IVLIVS Jedi Padawan

JediPhilB:

Have you ever seen the OT? There are lines in it which are every bit as bad as the ones you mention.
  5. JediRush Jedi Padawan

I have a question.
    Why is it not tolerated to post a link to the large trailer? You aren't paying, technically, for the large trailer, you are paying for the features of Quicktime Pro, which, if I'm not mistaken, is mainly for movie editing. Not sure about the general pop here, but I'm not a movie editor, and don't plan to be, so I'm a bit upset about having to pay to see the full size trailer. It didn't seem to be a problem with the Ep1 trailers, it just seems like an odd play for Lucas.
    How is jedicouncil.net liable if someone did post a link? Is it not a *public* forum? Is it any different if I posted a link to a website that I worked on? (www.furyfootball.cc) (this will probably be edited out)
    After all, if I'm not mistaken, it's just a link (the stuff that makes the web possible - getting around from place to place), and this site is not hosting that file - therefore they should have no prob with it.
  6. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so it's a compressed JPG, and I stretched it to fill my screen, but here's Padme in Ep2, with Captain Typho by her side with his eye patch!

Padme
  7. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    It's heartbreaking, really (the story, not not having QuickTime Pro). The pieces begin are beginning to really fall in place for the story in the OT (what led up to those things, that is).

It's just... dark.
  8. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
  9. Darth_Puck Jedi Padawan

The bandwidth to download the full-size trailer is costly to Apple. By making the user pay for Quicktime Pro, they are recouping some of the bandwidth costs. Apple is a business, not a charity.
  10. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like the **** hits the fan on Tatooine.

Every shot of "angry Anakin" happens there.....

1. The shot of him on the swoop

2. The "It's all Obi-Wan's Fault" line

3. Presumably the last shot with the Tusken Raider
  11. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Call me crazy, but that last shot looks like Anaking about to cut somebody's head off, somebody that looks like ... Darth Maul !

Can it be ???

I tried to pause it and even seemed to have some blurry spikes too, but nah, it can't be ...
  12. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, now somebody revealed the identity of the bad guy in that last shot. And it's a spoiler ! Damn it !!!
  13. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks more like a Tusken Raider.

Ah, here's another interesting shot. Looks Egyptian if you ask me :)

Padme Again
  14. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    Egyptian ?

Looks a bit Dominatrix ! Now we know why he joins the dark side, and likes to wear black leather !

Mystery solved ! :)
  15. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
  16. theTrueMolerocket Jedi Knight

star 1
    anyone notice that if you watch it in reverse, anakin and obi wan look like they want to kiss each other? Just a tidbit for interminable debate....
  17. Attack Jedi Knight

star 1
    I must disagree with JediPhilB. I had the same fears about the romance angle, but this trailer pushed me completely the other way. It looks to be coming together beautifully. I'm much relieved.
  18. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This one was good, but I really liked the "Mystery" trailer better. :)

I am really psyched about the movie though! Looks daaaaaark.... :D
  19. ami-padme Jedi Master

star 4
    My impressions...

Anakin with that Vader pose at the very beginning with the breathing struck me.

Both this trailer and the "Mystery" trailer have gotten me absolutely intrigued by the Anakin/Obi-Wan relationship. It's not surprising that Obi isn't happy about Anakin's romantic relationship, but I do find it surprising that he would say Padme can't be trusted because she's a politician. And though Obi clearly says the line about Anakin not having learned anything with some amusement, I doubt it will be taken that way. And of course, Anakin's anger at Obi-Wan was the surprise of the trailer to me. Wow.

I'm also intrigued by the Anakin/Padme relationship... :) They seem to be having a lot of fun -- I was surprised by how often Anakin was smiling/laughing in their scenes together. But then, the scene where he asks her to hide their relationship...and the way they look at each other before they enter that stadium...much more serious. I found it all interesting.

The action was great -- Obi looks like he's going to be kept awfully busy, what with fighting Fett, and flying through Coruscant, and being captured, and all. :) Anakin looked like he was going to behead whoever that was at the very end. We got a glimpse of Palpatine in there too, as well as the new Sith with the saber...

I've got to go watch it again. :D

(I have to admit, I'm surprised that we haven't seen Owen, Beru, Bail, or Shmi yet...)
  20. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    As has been mentioned in the past, the music can make all the difference. I think the Bespin scene, when Han says, "I know," will gain even more meaning. There, Anakin Skywalker will be, in a sense, watching one of his children do what he could not in the end, although he doesn't know it at the time. The audience will, and I think we'll be looking back to Anakin and Padme when Han and Leia are separated.
  21. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Excellent points, ami-padme. When I saw Anakin say, "It's all Obi-Wan's fault!," it was hard to believe in a sense, because suddenly, Anakin blaming Obi-Wan was true, and not just an idea. It appears that Obi-Wan has his suspicions on the wrong senator, and that may come back to haunt him as well, if he isn't paying attention to Palpatine.

I found the Anakin-Padme scenes to be heartbreaking, partly because of the fun they appear to have together at times. Each time I've seen the trailer, I've smiled at the waterfall scene when they're laughing.

And yet... you know how it ends, and for the first time since 1980, you have real, true darkness abound.
  22. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    That's it really. It was built up in TPM, and now it just feels so tragic! At least the story in this movie is going to be good.

Yeah, it seems that they're completely ignoring Palpatine, and all of his cronies in the Senate and the Trade Federation. That will be their undoing.

So, "Aren't Jedi not supposed to love?" or however that line goes... does that screw up EU? :) ;)
  23. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    > So, "Aren't Jedi not supposed to love?" or however that line goes... does that screw up EU?

Are there a lot of married Jedi's in the EU ?

Also, maybe they can't date while they're padawans ! :)
  24. theTrueMolerocket Jedi Knight

star 1
    since you said that i just BET there will be an 'I love you.' 'I know.' in this one.

I can't wait!
  25. jamesdrax Force Ghost

star 6
    People are already complaining about the dialogue?!

It sounds like Shakespeare to me! It's beautiful!!

:) :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.