main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Forbidden Love" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captveg

captveg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
    Anyone else notice that when Anakin's throwing his temper tantrum that him and Padme are in the Lars Homestead (look at the door behind Padme). Ironic that he's cursing the name of Obi-Wan in the very same room that his son, Luke, first hears that name.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Irony is abound indeed. Good observation.

And remember, while the "most powerful Jedi ever" foreshadowing is obvious to those of us who have seen the OT, it won't be obvious in 15-20 years, when people will likely watch the films in order (or at least be able to).

3. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I must disagree with JediPhilB. I had the same fears about the romance angle, but this trailer pushed me completely the other way. It looks to be coming together beautifully. I'm much relieved.

I very much agree. The romance side of things looks far more interesting than even the one in TESB. The writing, I think, was on par, or actually better. The acting was fantastic. (I especially liked the 'Are you teasing me?' interaction.)

Now, I admit that I loved TPM. However, good dialog writing I knew was something it was lacking. (So was ANH.) I was expecting that and I didn't care. I go to Star Wars movies for the epic plots, the action, the mysticism. These two trailers really gives me high hopes though for AotC in the dialog regard as well.

4. captveg

captveg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
    Another visual observation - Obi-Wan has some kind of device which is on his forehead while flying that ship of his. I wonder if it helps him control the ship with the Force? Just a thought.

5. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I got the LARGE version via broadband (gift from heaven!) ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!! I loved that trailer! I think we're in for some wonderful character development in this chapter! I truly can't wait!!! This is gonna be a killer 2002!!!

6. Magnolia82

Magnolia82 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    Reelbuff.com has posted a link to a very large version of the trailer. Very high quality, check it out.

7. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    You can almost see Han and Leia in the background in some of the scenes.

First half of the trailer is pretty light, all in all. And then... storm clouds roll in.

8. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    I'm not really that impressed with Hayden's acting in this. Some lines he delivers perfectly, but others (and unfortunately, the important ones) seem to be really hammed up. Eg. "It's all Obi-wan's fault. He's holding me back!!!" Pure fromage.

What really carries the trailer for me (and I agree with PhilB on this) is Padme. She seems to have matured so much, and grown so much more beautiful, to boot! Seriously, I'm very impressed with how much Natalie Portman has grown as an actor since TPM.

9. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I hate to complain (I REALLY hate to complain) but some of Anakin's lines sounded mumbled. Like Hayden was doing a James Dean/Young Marlon Brando or something.

I'll guess we'll see what the final product looks like.

I think the "Obi Wan's fault" line needs to be seen in context.

Here Are 4 more caps - pictures of Anakin and Padme. :)

10. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, Lucas has compared Christensen to James Dean before.

11. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Anakin's first kiss. That must have felt good.

:D :p

12. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I thought the trailer was wonderful. The interaction between Padme and Anakin is wonderful, although it is tragic to think of what will happen in the end. And to think, we have only had a glimpse of what is to come! We haven't seen anything of detail about Palpatine, the Senate, the clones, etc. It is going to be a long wait until March! (the next trailer)

13. Darth23

May 14, 1999
    "Well, Lucas has compared Christensen to James Dean before. "

That doesn't mean he has to frikin mumble all the time!! :p

(Can you say frikin here?)

14. almightybaca

almightybaca Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    I thought the chemistry with Hayden and Natalie looked great. The smiles seemed very genuine.

I'm am so pumped to see the Obi-Wan/Jango fight. This looks awesome!

15. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I think the brief Luke-Fett encounter in ROTJ will be a flashback to the Obi-Wan and Jango Fett match in ATOC.

16. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    does anyone know where you can download the trailer and have it saved on your hard drive?

17. Darth23

May 14, 1999
  18. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I must say Senator Amidala is sporting some interesting outfits.

I really like the shot of Count Dooku holding a red lightsaber.

The swoop bike Anakin was riding really fast looked much better than those ones from Endor.

19. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Anyone notice the similarity between this teaser and the original TPM teaser?

Remember when we first saw Darth Maul ignite his double lightsabre in the TPM teaser? Well that's exactly similar to when Count Dooku ignites his toward the end of this trailer.

20. robot-prom

robot-prom Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    did anyone see Dooku's saber? it has a bend in it. it's at 1:54 into the trailer.

Otherwise, this one rocks. I really can't wait to see EP2 now.

21. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I think it's also notable that this time, there is no "happy" resolution to the conflict (at least, I assume there isn't), unlike ESB.

22. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Another interesting dialogue tidbit:

Back at the waterfall scene, Padme asks Ani if he's making fun of her. He says something to the effect of, "No, I'd be too [frightened/scared] to tease a senator." I can't remember the actual verbage now, but it struck me as particularly forboding.

Pay attention to Padme's smile when Ani says this... It's almost forced and prolonged, like she's thinking, "That was an odd thing to say!"

23. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2000
    check out the neck clasp that hold on the bad guys cape. looks very familier.

24. QuiGonJinn

QuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1998
    When I first checked out some early Hayden Christensen performances (purple haze, higher ground), my first thought was that he had a weird voice like a young Marlon Brando. And I thought "Hey that's cool. MAYBE this guy who looks like a member of N*SYNC MIGHT be alright" :).

I don't think his mumbly voice is a bad thing. It'll probably make the lines more quotable/memorable.

25. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2000
    forget the dialogue. check out their expressions and posture. that's the real acting and it's good. the one shot of anikan in the desert looking across his eyebrows is great. he even has a vein popping out of his forhead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.