Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.
Does that mean we should check back in about 20 years, when he does The Godfather Part VI or so? .
first post here,
um, did you guys notice the shadows hugging. i assumed they were anakin and padme but it looks like one has the hair of obi wan.
my friends all liked this one the best and i think i do also.
I thought this tailer was freekin awesome
where the two people are hugging in the shadows, around 1:50, it look like padme, and the other figure looks like shimi. the head looks like it has a pony tail.
Yeah, a pony tail, kinda like Anakin's padawan braid?
It is obviously Padme and Anakin in that scene.
I like this trailer a lot, but I still think "Mystery" was better. Maybe because it was the first "real" footage of the movie.
Hayden does a good job with his body language, his dialogue was kinda funny though. Maybe it's just me.
The romance better not be painful to watch. It seems all right so far.
All of the action shots rock.
I got the large version, it is more of a lump-type-bun pony tail, not a padewan tail. I don't know though just speculation.
I have the large version as well.
Trust me on this one.
Did anyone notice Jar-Jar at the beginning.
Actually, I didn't notice. He's clearly more in the background this time around.
Jar Jar is visible in all three trailers, actually.
ReelBuff.com has posted high-quality stills of almost every shot, with commentary. The pics are huge and very high-quality. Check it out
I am still in awe of this trailer. I got more chills from this one than from any other SW trailer. My thoughts:
* The first shot of Anakin with Vader's breathing was quite cool. The reunion between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme was a little corny, but the trailer picked itself up real quick.
* The scenery in Naboo was quite a sight to behold. There has never been anything like that in a SW film before, not even TPM. Glad to see Lucas using real scenery as opposed to CG.
* The use of Leia's theme made the trailer so much more powerful. And when it swells up for Anakin and Padme's kiss.... You would have to be a very cold person to not get a chill out of that.
* I completely dissagree with the bashers here... Hayden's acting looks to be great. He has so much chemistry with Natalie. And that look he has when he says "Well, I should be..." is priceless. His two great lines in the trailer for me were "It's all Obi-Wan's fault, he's holding me back!" (made me think back to his cursing of Obi-Wan throughout the OT) and "Someday I'll be the most powerful Jedi ever." (no explaination needed).
* Ewan's acting is also a standout in this trailer, even in just the scene where he's telling Anakin that "She's a politician, they're not to be trusted".
* The shot with Count Dooku lighting up his saber Vader-style was great. He's going to be a very memorable villain, methinks.
* Just like in "Mystery", Duel of the Fates is put to great use. It has a deeper, darker feeling to it now.
* I'll have to watch the large version to see who Anakin was fighting at the end, but it didn't look like Dooku. He looked pretty angry in that shot, I must say.
* The Jango and Obi-Wan scenes kicked ass. Jango's making Boba look like an amateur. And Obi-Wan's got some great moves, too.
* That hologram of Windu was nice. He definitely has a larger role here. And that one shot of Palpatine was quite ominous.
* And there were dozens of other great shots that made me go "Wow.". I've seen "Forbidden Love" three times already, and I'll keep watching it over and over until the next trailer. Kudos to LFL for making such an exciting trailer.
Things I loved about the trailer...
2. Obi-Wan's fight scenes
4. Count Dooku igniting his lightsabre
6. The Waterfall Scene
8. Obi-Wan looking stoned
9. Did I mention Natalie?
Some people are saying that Hayden Christians portrayal of anakin is akin to that of an older jake loyd...well DUH!!!
He should remind you of the jake loyd. That is a measure of haydens acting ability that he incorporates some of jakes "nuances" into his version of anakin.
And to me his acting is fine..the "I will be the most powerful jedi ever" line is taken out of context...we have NO idea what proceeds or comes after.
The movie does look good and I am looking forward to it..and dooku looks like he's gonna may darth maul look like biggs.
We're probably hearing the dialogue recorded on the set. I doubt they've done the final looping yet. It can be improved.
I think it's hilarious the whining and criticism has already started. How predictable. That's a GREAT trailer, easily the best STAR WARS trailer and one of the best I've ever seen of any film.
There's not a THING wrong with that dialogue.
Jonathan Hales probably wrote it.
You know I'm always hearing people talk about "cheesy" or "corny" dialogue. But when have ever read someone say: the romantic dialogue was just right...so loving and heartfelt, without being corny or sentimental. You don't. That's because just about any time two people are in love and talking intimately to each other it sounds hokey to anyone else!!!
Anyone that knows anything about film knows the dialogue isn't very important. It's a VISUAL medium, right boys and girls?
Do you think many people are gonna be watching this hot young couple thinking the dialogue's bad? Ha! No way...they're gonna be busy fantasizing!
Wow. Just wow.
Here's what I like:
1) The skyhopper at the homestead behind Padme. Wonder if Luke got a hand-me-down from Uncle Owen?
2) The dramatic Jango Fett reveal. Nice trailer moment.
3) More Yoda. The brief glimpse here looks more natural than the Yoda in the past two.
4) As many other people noticed, the Dooku lightsaber. Unreal. I always wondered if they'd ever make an odd shaped lightsaber like that. Also, just the shot itself. Dooku raises his saber like it's a formal duel. "I salute you, sir!"
Overall, this trailer had its moments. The romantic angle looks OK, but it probably will be the weakest dialogue in the movie. I hope I'm wrong, though, because it's really the driving force behind Anakin's fall.
Next trailer in April? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
"The thought of Lucas writing a love story has me cringing. I have to admit the dialogue was a bit corny but hey, the entire trilogy is corny."
Yeah, whatever. There is nothing corny about ANY line in the Star Wars films. It is some of the best writing ever.
I loved TPM and one reason for that is the great dialogue and I just loved the newest AOTC trailer -- it's totally awesome.
"Someday, I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!" That is an awesome line.
As I have said before, clearly there are some people who will never be satisfied. They are not even open to enjoying AOTC so there is no way they will. It's that simple. Obviously if you go into it thinking it will suck you're making it all that more unlikely that you'll actually like it.
So far, I am blown away by the footage from AOTC. I honestly didn't think this movie had a chance of becoming my new favorite Star Wars film because TPM was so awesome, but I now think Episode II may even be likely to unseat TPM as my favorite film. The scenes of Coruscant, my favorite location in the entire saga (just ahead of Bespin), are breathtaking.
I always chuckle at the scene near the waterfall in this Forbidden Love trailer.
I think the acting is fantastic and personally I think you would have to be an absolute fool to say otherwise. You obviously don't even know good acting if you don't think that is it. Ugg, some people really need to stop being so negative and moronic -- it just makes you look stupid.
AOTC is going to rock.
"The use of Leia's theme made the trailer so much more powerful. And when it swells up for Anakin and Padme's kiss.... You would have to be a very cold person to not get a chill out of that."
I agree completely. When my Dad watched it, he said... "That was bloody stupid!"
Could Ani live a lie?
Is any one else concerned about the strangely wooden performance from Artoo?
And have we started counting different hairstyles and outfits for Amidala yet?
*bashing head against wall with each word*
*screams in frustration*
I really wanted this movie to be great...but this Forbidden Love trailer has really crushed my optimism. The other two trailers were OK, but this one wasn't. Why? Because of the dialog, simple as that. It is appalling.
I don't see what was wrong with the dialogue...in fact the dialogue seems to fit right in with the trailer.
So far, everything looks fine for May
EDIT: oh yes, the title of the trailer "Forbidden Love" does sound like a porno. Hehe.
Because the other movies had spellvinding dialogue! WOO!
'My hands are dirty. . .'
Oh yeAH babay woo!
'Scruffy lookin' Nerf Herder!'
more more more!
'No! That's not it!'
'I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!'
Yet if it was 'I'd just as soon kiss a gungan', it'd be considered bad dialogue.
Don't worry. Soon this PT nightmare will end and the smiling face of ESB will be there to cuddle you and let you know everything's gonna be ok.
There? Happy? You made me use my most hated of faces
Am I allowed to type this: Can someone PM me a link so as I can save the large trailer to my Harddrive.
all star wars movies have bad dialogue. But when your 7 watching the movies, you don't care. We just grew up with the OT and we know it so we don't pay attention. Now some are expecting something more adult for the prequals, and sorry but it ain't happening. stuff like, "it'll take a few moments to get the coordinates from the Navi-Computer."- Straight outta Buck Rogers. But, Harrison carried it pretty well so it worked. Once we put the stuff in context, and see an entire performance, it should be alright, hopefully.